PDA

View Full Version : give bows a little buff next season?

Perceval
05-20-2017, 11:43 AM
Just my personal opinion but i would be grateful if the 62-66 bows could get some sort of buff compared to their predecessors; be it via stats or even a greatly advantageous proc to accommodate the bow-dagger stat gap.

I guess it would just be nice to have a bow as an option for PvP and not just PvE (immortal corruption bow & dusk bow) at endgame.

For anyone who has had recent success in endgame PvP matches using a bow, ill gladly accept your tips.

Cool1t
05-20-2017, 01:16 PM
As long as bow damage does not get brought up to par with dagger damage I would support this but I do not want them to be able to have dagger damage with a bow so to make the bow viable and fair to all I would say a proc and crit increase but not damage would
Be best

PEMA
05-20-2017, 02:09 PM
imo if there were more survivability for rogues, then there would be rogs using bow in pvp. Sadly, dagger rogues one-shot everyone. Every other rog needs to match this so they also go for daggers

Sent from my T1 7.0 using Tapatalk

Eagle Eye229
05-20-2017, 02:21 PM
Maybe a knockback chance?

extrapayah
05-21-2017, 01:16 AM
i really think that independent of weapon type, skill damage/effectiveness should be the same

right now daggers have advantage of skill damage, attack speed, multiple target, and armor
while bow only have range, auto-target, and normal attack damage, 3 advantages against 4

maybe it will be good if future daggers/bow have:
1. same skill damage
2. bow has 125-150% normal attack, ranged attack, auto-target, and charged attacks gives additional target +1, stun, and maybe 150% more chance to proc.
3. daggers has 125-150% more attack speed, armor/health up, 3-targets at decent range (at least until you can hit barrels stacked together), and charged attack gives additional target +3, wider range, stun, and maybe 150% more chance to proc whatever its original attack has.

same can be said for guns vs staff

also will be great if they balance weapons for all class too, bulwark for example, its normal attack can be easily kited by melee mobs in pve, yes, melee mobs.
as example:

bulwark vs 2h sword:
1. have same skill damage, it is weird that with the current bulwark, when you tried to be a supportive tank, you lose the healing effectiveness, which is a support skill.
2. bulwark has 125-150% attack speed, armor up, multi target 3 at decent melee range, charged attack +3 targets, wider range, increased proc chance
3. 2h sword has 125-150% normal attack damage, health up, multi target 3 at decent melee range, charged attack +3 targets, wider range, increased proc chance

as boring as it may be, with this design, each weapon type will be easily balanced.

extrapayah
05-21-2017, 01:18 AM
+1 on this :D

i really think that independent of weapon type, skill damage/effectiveness should be the same

right now daggers have advantage of skill damage, attack speed, multiple target, and armor
while bow only have range, auto-target, and normal attack damage, 3 advantages against 4

maybe it will be good if future daggers/bow have:
1. same skill damage
2. bow has 125-150% normal attack, ranged attack, auto-target, and charged attacks gives additional target +1, stun, and maybe 150% more chance to proc.
3. daggers has 125-150% more attack speed, armor/health up, 3-targets at decent range (at least until you can hit barrels stacked together), and charged attack gives additional target +3, wider range, stun, and maybe 150% more chance to proc whatever its original attack has.

same can be said for guns vs staff

also will be great if they balance weapons for all class too, bulwark for example, its normal attack can be easily kited by melee mobs in pve, yes, melee mobs.
as example:

bulwark vs 2h sword:
1. have same skill damage, it is weird that with the current bulwark, when you tried to be a supportive tank, you lose the healing effectiveness, which is a support skill.
2. bulwark has 125-150% attack speed, armor up, multi target 3 at decent melee range, charged attack +3 targets, wider range, increased proc chance
3. 2h sword has 125-150% normal attack damage, health up, multi target 3 at decent melee range, charged attack +3 targets, wider range, increased proc chance

as boring as it may be, with this design, each weapon type will be easily balanced.