PDA

View Full Version : *SUGGESTION* More Guildie info for GMs.

Ebalere
10-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Well, these have been suggested here and there, but I feel it needs to be brought up again along with some fresh ideas.

*We need a "last active date". KoC is so big it's hard to tell who's a lvl 10 alt/twink, or if the person just quit months ago. This would greatly assist in guild clean ups.

*A invite/boot log. Would be nice to know which officers do what when I'm not around, one too many times I've seen someone in guildchat who I can't for the life of me see how they got in the way they act. I would like to be able to demote officers that repeatedly recruit unfavorable people into the guild.

*Custom ranks. With 3 GM's, only one can truly have the power to promote/demote, kick officers, and let the new guildies know who's in charge. Having a single person in a 3 GM guild with all the power causes problems, and increases the workload on said individual.

*Guild Bulletin. Like Draco Mikato suggested, we need a message of the day to be available, to contact all members. Some people live on the other side of the map, so contacting them can prove difficult sometimes.

*View Alts button. It is the GM's right to know who is in his/her guild. I would like the ability to see who's alts are whose, and this would also greatly assist in guild list clean up, and cut down on shady acts.

*Promote your own alts, transfer leadership to alts. We need to be able to promote our alts, as well as switch ownership of the guild, and be able to do it alone. It's asking for trouble to have someone temporarily have ownership of your guild to switch toons.

*Guild stash. Even a simple one, for now. One where the officers may withdraw and donate, and the members may donate only. Havingto log on as a stash toon is a total pain, so much so that I rarely bother anymore.

*Reputation system. It would be nice to have a way to tell easily who has been helpful, who hasn't, and who needs a boot. Also would work to make sure officers are still working hard post-promotion.

*ability to mute a member from guildchat, as a punishment. If someone cusses or trolls in Guildchat, I'd rather punish them in some way besides having to kick them. Everyone deserves a second chance.

*Alliances. Would be awesome to be able to type /a and let people outside of your guild know what u wanna say. Kind of like a guild chat channel for non guild friends. I have alot of GM friends that I'd love to see this implemented for.

Hope you guys like these ideas, and show support, so we can manage our guilds easier! Thanks!

Edit: Dang, i was gonna put this in suggestions/feedback, but I forgot which forum I was in lol

Navygreen
10-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Well, these have been suggested here and there, but I feel it needs to be brought up again along with some fresh ideas.

*We need a "last active date".

*A invite/boot log.

*Guild Bulletin.

*Guild stash.

*ability to mute a member from guildchat, as a punishment.

Yes, yes, yes. I agree with these points... :)

melancholy-storm
10-13-2011, 03:24 PM
OMG yes. Yes, yes, and yes. Thanks Ebalare for your delicious brain sauce once again.

*Promote your own alts, transfer leadership to alts. We need to be able to promote our alts, as well as switch ownership of the guild, and be able to do it alone. It's asking for trouble to have someone temporarily have ownership of your guild to switch toons.

I've never had to transfer leadership in order to enlist nor promote my alts, granted, it does require the cooperation of an officer within the guild to do so. If one were to implement this into the game, this would allow for guild invites to be sent to offline users. Secondly, the only situations I can see that would require transfer in leadership is if you either want to relinquish the responsibilities of being GM, or a different user and guild member wants to upgrade the guild hall. Even then, it is still their decision to transfer leadership back to the original owner.

StompArtist
10-13-2011, 03:30 PM
You should be able to at least invite your own alts without doing a 2 device acrobatic.

Deshx
10-13-2011, 03:46 PM
+1. Cool ideas

MimeRifle
10-13-2011, 03:48 PM
I love ALL of those ideas. I hope it gets due consideration. Very, very handy features you have suggested. I also would love to see them. +1!

Scopedog
10-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Agreed +1

kateku
10-14-2011, 06:20 AM
Nice one. Agree with almost all the point.

Waiting for the good news.

Drues
10-14-2011, 06:28 AM
+1 sir! Great ideas, this would improve the game so much! Hope these are implemented in the future! Good job Eb!:)

Shaocalur
10-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Awesome idea bro!

javier995
10-14-2011, 09:21 AM
*Promote your own alts, transfer leadership to alts. We need to be able to promote our alts, as well as switch leadership of the guild, and be able to do it alone. It's asking for trouble to have someone temporarily have ownership of your guild to switch toons.

I agree with everything buddy, but this part you can do. If you're the GM that has all the power, and want your alt as an officer, simply go through the guild roster and do it there. As for the GM transfer, it can be done the same way. Simply go through the roster and the star(transfer ownership icon) is on the left side of the member slot.
p.s. I'll put some pics up right now

EDIT: Ok here it is. There you can see one of my alts is offline. That star is the transfer leadership icon. Then you see the arrow to promote or demote someone.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/Screenshot-1318602307949-1.jpg

Lady_Pebbles
10-31-2011, 09:10 PM
Yes it would be nice to have thise types of options in guilds. Especially with PvP just around the corner (perse) it would be very helpful.

Deathpunch
11-01-2011, 10:29 AM
These are all excellent ideas, We need a massive group, all if we can, of GM's to post in here to let STS know that these improvements would be much appreciated. Especially the guild bulletin board.

Olz
11-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Was I one of the ppl you hate

Ebalere
11-01-2011, 11:18 AM
I don't hate anyone Olz, but don't hijack my thread please kk? We can chat in game.

Gunfu
11-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Dire need for each idea! Excellent Eb idea!

TANKKAAR
11-01-2011, 05:12 PM
If even 1/2 of these suggestions are implemented, guilds will be 2x as organized and 10x what they are now! great suggestions :banana:

Liathea
11-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Even as a plain old officer, there are plenty of these suggestions that I'd like to see implemented. Lots of very useful ideas here, I hope they get the attention they deserve.

BodMaster
11-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Wow buddy how did I miss this lol maybe the section of the forum I visit least :/

+1 to all above ;)

Promote/Demote your own alts/members is already implemented buddy just click the up or down arrows in guild roster (list).

(Or was this before they were implemented? :/ lol)

LelouchX
11-02-2011, 01:53 PM
i've been doing a lot of the listing stuff at KoC (anyone who knows me know i can't stand when things aren't organized) with help from the officers and gm's, but it is very brutal work and tiresome. having these functions built it will give me time to CATCH UP TO EB AND ALL HIS LV 36 TOONS!!!!!! But i hope you take these suggestions seriously STS, it would make a lot of people very happy :-D

Edit: as eb stated, there are 3 GMs at KoC, but only one can have the title of "master" officially in the game, so only this one person can promote/demote, and a GM with the title of "officer" in game really can only do what every other officer can do (i.e. can't promote own alts). I think "Co-gm" would be a good position:

GM
Co-GM
High ranking officer (maybe a good idea, someone other than the gm that is trusted in making sure other officers stay in line and can take disciplinary actions if necessary)
Officer
Recruiter

These are my suggested ranks, don't really know how others feel about recruiters, use them if u like them i guess.
Also don't know if others have suggested something like this in another thread, not trying to steal anyone's thunder here.

Gunfu
11-02-2011, 03:09 PM
If the "Master" could just assign more power(s) as needed to co-master(s) or whomever. As of now, the powers are scaled with the current ranking system. Customization is needed for the master and/or co-masters (in koc's case) to grant to specifics to individuals as needed. Guild stash for example: Masters will have the need to allow members to put stuff into the the stash, but not take from it...

bronislav84
11-03-2011, 01:39 PM
I support this.

What? I don't need to say anything else.

Spartanseven
11-03-2011, 04:36 PM
As a guild master I agree with all of these ideas my guild will be more organized and have more active people and with the guild bulletin morale will go up and I can make my most trusted officer a co-gmt to keep the peace wilst im gone

Deathpunch
11-03-2011, 09:19 PM
POWA! UNLIMITED POWA!!! MWAHAHAHA!

Or a bulletin board, made of cork if you're taking requests, would be good. Either one.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

EyelessBear
11-03-2011, 09:29 PM
I agree with this 100%. :3 But I'm also looking forward to a "Rename Guild" Button. I kinda don't like my guild name... x_x
Ebalere for President!! xD jk

Spartanseven
11-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Hmm.. a rename guild button...that could be handy

siahsi
09-20-2012, 10:56 PM
AWESOME Points. Especially as my main guild is a 4GM guild with expansion guilds. And the ability to communicate with allied guilds...every point simply awesome...now lets just hope the Dev's get this. Has it been posted in suggestions?

Deathpunch
09-21-2012, 06:57 AM
AWESOME Points. Especially as my main guild is a 4GM guild with expansion guilds. And the ability to communicate with allied guilds...every point simply awesome...now lets just hope the Dev's get this. Has it been posted in suggestions?

Yes. About a year ago. You necro'd the thread that was posted there.

-----
Tapatalk? More like MoneyGrabTalk, amirite?!

Battlegrinder
09-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Time for the stamp:

BodMaster
09-22-2012, 07:51 AM
Yes. About a year ago. You necro'd the thread that was posted there.

-----

Some people just don't get it hu?

Either way, though a year is past I still happily support this idea. (But after a Year im not sure how much StS even looked into this)

And......... I miss the HELL outa Eba! )';

Deathpunch
09-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Some people just don't get it hu?

Either way, though a year is past I still happily support this idea. (But after a Year im not sure how much StS even looked into this)

And......... I miss the HELL outa Eba! )';

Agreed on all points. I talked to him yesterday. We called each other names.

-----

BodMaster
09-22-2012, 08:06 AM
I talked to him yesterday. We called each other names.

-----

Not just in that big ol' mind of yours right?

Deathpunch
09-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Not just in that big ol' mind of yours right?

Lol! Nah, I yap at him on G+ and we play DCUO together almost daily.

-----

BodMaster
09-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Lol! Nah, I yap at him on G+ and we play DCUO together almost daily.

-----

DC Universe... so that's where he's hiding! Give him a "Hey, We miss you" from me (;

bronislav84
09-22-2012, 08:32 AM
From me too Death. PVE or PVP? I have a lifetime account I haven't played in a while.

I still support this necrod thread too.

Deathpunch
09-22-2012, 09:43 AM
From me too Death. PVE or PVP? I have a lifetime account I haven't played in a while.

I still support this necrod thread too.

Both, though mostly Legends pvp. I use Kilowog, usually.

-----

bronislav84
09-22-2012, 12:13 PM
No I mean what server? Last I checked, I'm on PVE.

Deathpunch
09-22-2012, 12:14 PM
No I mean what server? Last I checked, I'm on PVE.

Been awhile, then. Only servers now are us ps3 and PC and euro ps3 and PC.

-----

Ebalere
09-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Haha, I feel loved! Hey Bod, Bronislav, everybody, I miss y'all !

I hope all my old buddies are well. Glad to see IU is still kickin it.

bronislav84
09-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Yes E we all miss you. :(

What?! They merged the server types?! I am prolly gonna quit that game entirely and never come back if I'm gonna get ganked everywhere. The server better have only on/off flagging yourself.

Deathpunch
09-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Yes E we all miss you. :(

What?! They merged the server types?! I am prolly gonna quit that game entirely and never come back if I'm gonna get ganked everywhere. The server better have only on/off flagging yourself.

I only pve and arena pvp. There is open world pvp, but yeah you can flag on n off.

-----

bronislav84
09-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Oh so just the open PVP server was eliminated and merged. Not a big loss to me, but I bet the hard core people were steamed. If they merged it all then does this mean DCUO is dieing?

Deathpunch
09-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Not that I have noticed.

-----