PDA

View Full Version : Cs auction cost

Zeosar
10-13-2011, 06:01 PM
I have bought alot of cheap items recently, before i put them on cs i always check what is the curret price for them and offer at least 2k cheaper price, but i have found that i rarely sell anything and if i do it won't even cover the auctions cost. Any tips for that? Should i buy the 3 days ones? I am using 3 and 11 hours offers right now. Maybe i am buying wrong items?

xXDamonDXx
10-13-2011, 06:08 PM
I tend to go a lot cheaper than the current listed ones. And by more than 2k.

Some items that are in cs are not even worth trying to sell and should just be liquidated.
I liquidate anything that isnt worth over 7k most time.

And sometimes there just isnt a buyer for that item at the current time. Such as a zuraz shock lance i had it didnt sell for ages and after quite a few tries it did.

Zeosar
10-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Can i see current prices for every item somewhere? Or a list of things worth merchanting (dunno if spelled right, google translate won't help me :p).

xXDamonDXx
10-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Can i see current prices for every item somewhere? Or a list of things worth merchanting (dunno if spelled right, google translate won't help me :p).

Current Prices of things, erm you could do a price check on the forums.
Or just check what people are selling the item for in CS, thats why I usually do. Don't think there any other way for that.
As for a list items worth merchanting i dont know if one of those exists lol.
Anyway things worth merchanting would be things like set items, holiday stuff, vanity, pinks (not trash pinks though) and any other rare items.

But Im not an expert at this lol. Not really a merchant myself. Best wait for a expert in this area to come along lol ;)

AdinoEznite
10-13-2011, 07:53 PM
I have bought alot of cheap items recently, before i put them on cs i always check what is the curret price for them and offer at least 2k cheaper price, but i have found that i rarely sell anything and if i do it won't even cover the auctions cost. Any tips for that? Should i buy the 3 days ones? I am using 3 and 11 hours offers right now. Maybe i am buying wrong items?
well the things is if your goal is to make money, you only want to buy items that you know you can resell, and for a sizable profit

1. know your items
- know how much they normally sell for
- watch them in the cs to see if they do sell
- how available is the item?
- is it in high demand?

2. only buy if you can make a profit
- this is key when you are starting off and you dont have a lot of money to play with
- if you are not making a profit and covering the cs costs, you are definitely doing something wrong because the cs costs are pretty low
- buy good/decent items; no one wants crappy items. its very rare to find resellable items that are green or lower, not to say that these items dont sell, but its usually not worth reselling them (not high enough profit)

3. timing
- keep track of how much of the items are in the CS, when there are less or even none of that item in the CS, you can generally charge more for it, but keep in mind its ok to let the market be empty for a while; it makes people want the item more
- know how fast you can sell your item, higher priced items i usually list for 3 days, lower priced ones...11-23 hours depending. I almost never list for 3 hours...its a high risk you really have to pay attention to when items get sold to list at 3 hours
- know what is going on in the game; is a new update coming out? are there a lot of new people? is there a new campaign out? these things affect what items are being bought frequently
- because i timed certain listings right, ive made almost 300% profit on a high priced item before, it was a time when i had the only item of that kind in the CS and people were buying; i sold one the day before at 200% profit and thats how i knew that the items were selling

my question for you, what items are you buying?
if they are cheap, they might be cheap for a reason