PDA

View Full Version : Something to look forward to alongside daily and hourly rune farming?

Perceval
05-24-2017, 11:42 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if a vanity version of the armor sets below were added to the boss loot table in the forgotten ruins?

Even if its a slightly altered version it would be awesome (without the crystals on the shoulder to remove the planar tomb theme). Such a design shouldn't be lost in AL history.

It may make the 16,000+ runs needed to farm the ingredients to make the arcane artifact seem maybe 5% less rediculous.

Thought's guys?

For developers - the name of the set is 'Dark Crystal'

Perceval
05-25-2017, 04:28 AM
Ok, so maybe a better idea would be to add recipes for the vanity version of these sets to the forgotten ruins boss loot table instead. This means you would still have to get the armour original set from the planar tombs campaign.

thekragle
05-25-2017, 10:00 AM
Ok, so maybe a better idea would be to add recipes for the vanity version of these sets to the forgotten ruins boss loot table instead. This means you would still have to get the armour original set from the planar tombs campaign.

Yeah or a 2nd dungeon that is for vanity recipes primarily (excluding the event vanities of the past of course). Then add another daily and hourly quest for that dungeon so when your running normal maps you can farm enough to get entrance tokens to the two different dungeons within about the same amount of time.
Then the premium access for plat makes vanity recipe drop more often along with added benefits. This would be cool because STS could continuously add more and more recipes to the dungeon or swap them.

gunlet
05-26-2017, 04:25 AM
+1 there are lots of awesome armor at low lvls legendary and epic which can beat most of vanities except lb ..

It will be awesome if sts re consider those amazing armors like dark crystal, runners, dragon , my fav jungle etc etc there r lots of them ..

A mechanism to either convert them without shard or brand new vanity version of those vanity will be cool

gunlet
05-26-2017, 04:27 AM
+I would farm untill I become a zombie if I can get imbued helm's vanity *.*

loyti
05-26-2017, 04:33 AM
Looks awesome.

alxe
05-26-2017, 05:36 AM
would be a nice idea,+1

Justg
05-26-2017, 11:17 AM
So what are your favorite old weapons and armors that you might like to see "refreshed"?

thekragle
05-26-2017, 11:31 AM
So what are your favorite old weapons and armors that you might like to see "refreshed"?

Hardened shell, magma, imbued, dark crystal, so many great ones, how do we choose?? That's why you have to get started on converting all those classic looks to vanities ;)

Twerk
05-26-2017, 11:40 AM

Demonlord armors from Kraken expansion :)

Java
05-26-2017, 12:24 PM
Tsunami blades vanity

Chocolaty
05-26-2017, 02:52 PM

The Blue founders armor forgot the name >_< and Architect weapons! And only give me Blizzard weapon vanity :3

Kakashis
05-26-2017, 04:01 PM

Black heraldic to start! Also an armory display at our houses would be awesome!

Perceval
05-26-2017, 04:54 PM
Thank you for showing an interest in this. Much appreciated. My personal favourites would be:

ARMOR SETS:
- Dark crystal
- Heraldic leather (black)
- Crier
- Fallen watch (black and blue)
- Forerunner
- Imbued gem
- Flurry

WEAPONS:
- Curved longbow of celerity
- Lurid longbow
- Devil's tail

Perceval
05-26-2017, 05:03 PM
Yeah or a 2nd dungeon that is for vanity recipes primarily (excluding the event vanities of the past of course). Then add another daily and hourly quest for that dungeon so when your running normal maps you can farm enough to get entrance tokens to the two different dungeons within about the same amount of time.
Then the premium access for plat makes vanity recipe drop more often along with added benefits. This would be cool because STS could continuously add more and more recipes to the dungeon or swap them.
Love this idea.

Zeus
05-26-2017, 05:44 PM

By refreshed, do you mean bring back? I would just create a recipe to allow existing items to be converted to vanity

TastyGoblin
05-26-2017, 06:27 PM
I agree with you all guys! We need more vanitys!! More stuff here!! ^^

Terrorshock1
05-26-2017, 07:00 PM
ARMOR:
- Dark crystal
- Heraldic leather (black)
- Crier
- Forerunner

WEAPONS:
- Dark watch
- elon bulwark

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

Spell
05-26-2017, 07:04 PM
Instead of blue founders for mage make a BLACK&PINK founders with a black nd pink blizzard staff! *,* oooow fancyyy

Imback Al
05-26-2017, 07:08 PM

Steel commando weapons plis

Zaizor
05-26-2017, 10:22 PM

I love the Dragonskin Slicer ax. The game needs an ax vanity like that, pleassssssssssse!!!!!!!!!!

Kenzou
05-27-2017, 01:55 AM
Red Beard set would be nice also +1 to black heraldic xD

Avaree
05-27-2017, 06:35 PM

Smelly armor vanity :)
Or criers, include the helms ;)
Please *.*

TipsyLife
05-27-2017, 10:29 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if a vanity version of the armor sets below were added to the boss loot table in the forgotten ruins?

Even if its a slightly altered version it would be awesome (without the crystals on the shoulder to remove the planar tomb theme). Such a design shouldn't be lost in AL history.

It may make the 16,000+ runs needed to farm the ingredients to make the arcane artifact seem maybe 5% less rediculous.

Thought's guys?

Why are u even asking for ugly vanities! Vanities just make u look cooler! The game is dying! Instead of u to ask for new expansion/maps/boss since gy/maus is outdated ur asking for vanities cmon guys we can do better

nightmaresmoke
05-28-2017, 02:35 AM
I don't about you guys but the most awesome gears for me that i want to be a vanity is Grimnr's Helm and Armor and Weapon, I'll even switch to warrior permanently if that happens been eyeing grimnr's outfit since nordr expansion release.

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, evil for evil"

You Mad Or Nah
05-28-2017, 03:09 AM
Frost touch rifle (mage)make available as a vanity.😎

Perceval
05-28-2017, 03:10 AM
Why are u even asking for ugly vanities! Vanities just make u look cooler! The game is dying! Instead of u to ask for new expansion/maps/boss since gy/maus is outdated ur asking for vanities cmon guys we can do better
Look at the responses on the thread.

1). No one else seems to share your 'personal opinion' about the vanities.

2). The expansion is coming as we have been told and have no right to demand it comes when we desire.

3). Mausoleum is still a great place to make gold, so many players will disagree with you.

What's stopping you from making your own thread to rant about the game dying?

Perceval
05-28-2017, 03:28 AM
Smelly armor vanity :)
Or criers, include the helms ;)
Please *.*
You can't refresh what has yet to exist.

TipsyLife
05-28-2017, 06:02 AM

2). The expansion is coming as we have been told and have no right to demand it comes when we desire.

3). Mausoleum is still a great place to make gold, so many players will disagree with you.

Who told u there will be an expansion soon, u feed off rumors long story short- speak for the team man. Not just ur "wants"

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Avaree
05-28-2017, 06:40 AM
You can't refresh what has yet to exist.

Smelly plates exist!

Perceval
05-28-2017, 06:46 AM
Who told u there will be an expansion soon, u feed off rumors long story short- speak for the team man. Not just ur "wants"

Apparently 16 players publicly "want" what I "want". If that's not speaking for the team, then what is?

TipsyLife
05-28-2017, 06:48 AM
Apparently 16 players publicly "want" what I "want". If that's not speaking for the team, then what is?
Common sense... done tlkn say no more

Perceval
05-28-2017, 06:48 AM
Smelly plates exist!
That smelly armor XD ok

Perceval
05-28-2017, 06:50 AM
Common sense... done tlkn say no more

The question is, is your argument in line with that common sense?

TipsyLife
05-28-2017, 06:52 AM
The question is, is your argument in line with that common sense?
Keep tlkn to urself. Like i said, done tlkn gl

Perceval
05-28-2017, 06:53 AM

In that case, replying to my last comment wasn't very clever.

Maybe you'll reply to this one too.

Daggee
05-28-2017, 07:12 AM

Lmao and thats why u get kicked out of every chats. Insensible arguments with little to no evidence.

Agirlnamedbob
05-28-2017, 10:17 AM

Would love to see the crier/heraldic sets in another color *-*

Avaree
05-28-2017, 11:56 AM
+11 for the cause

Hercules
05-28-2017, 02:14 PM

What about a green version xD

runagain
05-29-2017, 02:53 PM
Demonlord, charward rod, firesquid, flamestrike :D

Twerk
05-29-2017, 03:27 PM
Beside demonlords, maybe old Betrayer/Fallen/Forerunner sets from season 1?

Slekki
05-29-2017, 04:22 PM

Hey Perceval,

I actually agree with Tipsy's post alongside with a bunch of other players. The problem is that most players gave up on posting on the forum because of the fact that every bit of criticism ends up being under moderation or simply deleted. I guess thats the reason why none of the people who actually have some of these exclusive vanities managed to give their opinion in this thread.

Anyway, we will be fine :-) and I hope you get those vanities man. If this thread is the solution to get people playing more activily again then I can only support it. We got to look good for the next Gaunlet, 2x orc tags etc events after all.

Antispace
05-30-2017, 06:31 AM
What about a green version xD

Ew ugly af...

eleasah
05-30-2017, 12:52 PM
I liked the nordr jewel staff a lot. This as a vanity wep I would really like

Tsiguchi Nonshantero
05-30-2017, 01:10 PM
Wrath of Bael.

I would love to see that weapon* as Vanity.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170530/81d9159ec5b59317c5d0e0d64043ae4e.jpg

Behoove
05-30-2017, 01:17 PM
By refreshed, do you mean bring back? I would just create a recipe to allow existing items to be converted to vanity

ofc you would suggest that, make the rich even richer
I'd rather wanna see rare vanities that can drop from bosses and i really want only very very few to drop so the price is high and the vanity has some value! not as these vanities in boogie bags, that go for like 5k

nightmaresmoke
05-30-2017, 01:31 PM
I'd rather wanna see rare vanities that can drop from bosses and i really want only very very few to drop so the price is high and the vanity has some value! not as these vanities in boogie bags, that go for like 5k
Yep like super smelly helm from jarl event.

Zeus
05-30-2017, 02:18 PM

I actually don't have any rare vanities but I do care about preserving the value the vanities that people took the time and effort to earn.

Perceval
05-31-2017, 05:21 AM
Hey Perceval,

I actually agree with Tipsy's post alongside with a bunch of other players. The problem is that most players gave up on posting on the forum because of the fact that every bit of criticism ends up being under moderation or simply deleted. I guess thats the reason why none of the people who actually have some of these exclusive vanities managed to give their opinion in this thread.

Anyway, we will be fine :-) and I hope you get those vanities man. If this thread is the solution to get people playing more activily again then I can only support it. We got to look good for the next Gaunlet, 2x orc tags etc events after all.
Justg clearly stated "old armors" and "weapons". Not vanities. Even so, that addition is completely up to STG.

Horgs
05-31-2017, 09:14 AM
Can you make Evil King Egric's sword available? I dunno, it looks pretty awesome :D

acewasabi
06-01-2017, 02:22 AM
I love the look of the old epic/rare rogue gears that were gold/yellow- there was a hood like undead rogue style. can't remember the armor name, the helms had names like rhino cap of might, or something like that? Simple but I loved it.

Majin
06-01-2017, 11:15 AM
I actually don't have any rare vanities but I do care about preserving the value the vanities that people took the time and effort to earn.

Bro don't u think people who took the time and effort to get them from events and lb etc already enjoyed them for years? Please don't count purchased vanities cos it will be counted as investment like arc weps and sets..

There are vanities which we saw only on old senior players like ur orange jester on u and baristaan n few others.
Only Senior players and bad banned marchers had them and many senior are no longer active.
Or you want to keep preserving them like Nightshade was preserved to only lb players?

Someone played a event in getting of game and wanted rewards exclusively labeled for themselves forever doesn't sounds words of winners..

And A big NO for vanity thief:P

greekAL
06-01-2017, 01:43 PM
heraldics for sure will become the best vanities ever :) i would like to see black heraldic vanities :)

DK
06-02-2017, 07:42 AM

Thanks!

As a collector with 100++ old armors, helms, weapons, and a few of the non tradable old items (Elite Journeyman, Veteran's 3rd back vanities, etc) it makes a very big difference to me if everyone would be able to walk around in some of the sets I have worked very hard to get. It took me years to find some of the sets I currently have; In my opinion it would be a pity to make them available to everyone. Not because it would make the worthless, but it would ruin the exclusiveness from the sets. (Reason for not caring about price: none of my items are/will be for sale).
Imagine all people wearing medusa, ice spirit, Frankenstein, Golem, etc.. it would be the new boogie bag vanities.. it would be a pity as I see it. And it would still be the case if they were available in the store for 200 plat or something, because it would CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF THE OLD ORIGINAL ITEMS which there only are limited amounts left of.

However making recipes to craft the existing items into vanities, is better than releasing some of the old armors as vanities.

Releasing recolored armors is completely fine with me; like the red jester and the original jester armors, because it looks similar without being the exact same and people can clearly see the difference.

So I don't want to see my own and others hard work in obtaining these items vanish like sand in our hands.

Just the voice of a rare species in Arlor "The Collector".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ent
06-02-2017, 12:28 PM
Some popular games have a system where you can turn any type of equipment into a vanity by spending currency,
Would it be possible for a mod to tell us whether such a system would be possible in AL as well?
In the games I know like Path of Exile, this system generates a lot of money for the producers as well,
given the popularity of many beautiful sets that can't be enjoyed in pve&pvp under normal circumstances.

Perceval
06-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Thanks!

As a collector with 100++ old armors, helms, weapons, and a few of the non tradable old items (Elite Journeyman, Veteran's 3rd back vanities, etc) it makes a very big difference to me if everyone would be able to walk around in some of the sets I have worked very hard to get. It took me years to find some of the sets I currently have; In my opinion it would be a pity to make them available to everyone. Not because it would make the worthless, but it would ruin the exclusiveness from the sets. (Reason for not caring about price: none of my items are/will be for sale).
Imagine all people wearing medusa, ice spirit, Frankenstein, Golem, etc.. it would be the new boogie bag vanities.. it would be a pity as I see it. And it would still be the case if they were available in the store for 200 plat or something, because it would CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF THE OLD ORIGINAL ITEMS which there only are limited amounts left of.

However making recipes to craft the existing items into vanities, is better than releasing some of the old armors as vanities.

Releasing recolored armors is completely fine with me; like the red jester and the original jester armors, because it looks similar without being the exact same and people can clearly see the difference.

So I don't want to see my own and others hard work in obtaining these items vanish like sand in our hands.

Just the voice of a rare species in Arlor "The Collector".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1). These are old armours originally used to make progress in the game and not leader board vanities so its not the same as everyone wearing "medusa, ice spirit, Frankenstein, Golem, etc".

2). "Making recipes to craft the existing items into vanities" is just your way of asking for free gold from the developers i.e. asking them to inject artificial value into your collection (something they have stated they do not do; hence the old weapons chosen by the AL community converted to vanities being sold for 1,000 platinum each and not just having the originals converted by a recipe alone as the mandatory option).

3). We are asking for the originals that we love. And no, its not the same as asking for the original jester vanities because anyone who played during season 1-5 could log in after 10 years and have such a collection (which wasn't earned as most were just mob drops of no value - like those smelly plates you liquidate while in PvE maps today to free up inventory space), therefore you are only one case.

4). I bought a shady and surge egg for 30 million gold and opened it. The developers decided to give that pet that I WORKED HARD TO COLLECT GOLD FOR away for free during the eggzavier event; resulting in its current value of around 3 million gold. Sadly, that wasn't the only egg i bought before that event was released. I'd say i spent just over 100 million gold for all the pets that i could buy for a total of about 15 million today. I know people that have spent up to 300 million gold (for some, much more) to get such pets which they can now purchase for a total of 40 million gold. Sure you spent millions on such items, but so did I and so did they. I guess your reply is that such items we bought were bound to lose value overtime, well, the same goes for you. Unless you're saying gold grows on Arlor trees, you should assume that it also took me (and some of them) years to accumulate such an amount of gold to make these purchases, which leads on to point number 5.

5). You yourself decided to spend millions collecting such just like us. Don't be expecting special treatment.

Thanks

You Mad Or Nah
06-02-2017, 02:47 PM
I have mix feelings toward this. Wouldn't this decrease the prices on the other vanities in AL atm?Js. I would rather want sts to work on a new expansion or new event and not waste time on this suggestion. Come on justg u can do better than this.(just my opinion don't get triggered)

Ent
06-02-2017, 04:50 PM
1). These are old armours originally used to make progress in the game and not leader board vanities so its not the same as everyone wearing "medusa, ice spirit, Frankenstein, Golem, etc".

2). "Making recipes to craft the existing items into vanities" is just your way of asking for free gold from the developers i.e. asking them to inject artificial value into your collection (something they have stated they do not do; hence the old weapons chosen by the AL community converted to vanities being sold for 1,000 platinum each and not just having the originals converted by a recipe alone as the mandatory option).

3). We are asking for the originals that we love. And no, its not the same as asking for the original jester vanities because anyone who played during season 1-5 could log in after 10 years and have such a collection (which wasn't earned as most were just mob drops of no value - like those smelly plates you liquidate while in PvE maps today to free up inventory space), therefore you are only one case.

4). I bought a shady and surge egg for 30 million gold and opened it. The developers decided to give that pet that I WORKED HARD TO COLLECT GOLD FOR away for free during the eggzavier event; resulting in its current value of around 3 million gold. Sadly, that wasn't the only egg i bought before that event was released. I'd say i spent just over 100 million gold for all the pets that i could buy for a total of about 15 million today. I know people that have spent up to 300 million gold (for some, much more) to get such pets which they can now purchase for a total of 40 million gold. Sure you spent millions on such items, but so did I and so did they. I guess your reply is that such items we bought were bound to lose value overtime, well, the same goes for you. Unless you're saying gold grows on Arlor trees, you should assume that it also took me (and some of them) years to accumulate such an amount of gold to make these purchases, which leads on to point number 5.

5). You yourself decided to spend millions collecting such just like us. Don't be expecting special treatment.

1. The fact that people spent a lot of time and money earning these discontinued items makes them just as important as the "leaderboard vanities" The amount of effort it took me to find a crier vest for rogue was way more compared to the amount of time I spent trying to find a medusa set.

2. Instead of actually responding to this by asking yourself whether you would like to be able to use everything as a vanity, you start to search for underlying reasons for people to ask this of STS, and again you are mistaken. I sold all my extra collectibles a while back. The only reason I would like to be able to use these sets as a vanity, is because I genuinely think many sets are beautiful and I would like to wear them all the time, instead of just in towns. I would naturally also be in favor of making items you turn into a vanity untradeable. I think any real fan of the beautiful sets STS designed would be in favour of being able to wear them all the time, instead of merely when you are not actually playing the game.

3. You are just asking for the items that you claim to "love", but you lack the patience and determination it takes to actually farm for these items, which are all still readily available to those willing to spend time and effort just like other collectors did. You claim leaderboard vanities are different from rare collectibles because these items were not rare at one point in the game. This completely disregards the fact that people who are playing now spent a lot of effort and gold on trying to obtain these items, on a similar level to the leaderboard vanities that were rare from the start. And for your information, the jester sets you used as an example are NOT a leaderboard vanity and could be earned by anyone with very little effort when they were released, by posting a screenshot on the forums and having a healthy dose of luck.

4. "Something bad happened to me, so it's only fair that it should happen to others as well!" That sounds like a great motto to live by right? Right. When certain pets which actually give unique advantages ingame get rereleased, it is only to create a balance within the game when only a minority of the players would have access to powerful pets that are helpful in pve and pvp. Vanities do not give any advantage ingame at all. Comparing gear and pets to vanities is like comparing socks to a ballad.

5. Funny, you ask STS to rerelease rare sets which would ruin the ingame achievements of others, yet you are pulling the "don't expect special treatment" card. Perhaps if you started actually working for the items you desire ingame instead of expecting them to be delivered to you on a plate, this kind of argument would sound less ridiculous.

Creating an environment where any achievement you have worked so hard to reach can just be flushed away in an instant will only make people lose motivation to play, instead of rereleasing sets we should be thinking of new ways to use these great designs by recoloring existing sets or adding new details.

Fsuryo
06-02-2017, 05:38 PM
Both of them [emoji115] have a good skill to write an essay.

I love vanities, but need expansion; map, bosses, line story.
G, look at the dragon sign on the head of arlor map [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]
Give us your supershiftyeyes about that[emoji23]

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

You Mad Or Nah
06-02-2017, 05:41 PM
Both of them [emoji115] have a good skill to write an essay.

I love vanities, but need expansion; map, bosses, line story.
G, look at the dragon sign on the head of arlor map [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]
Give us your supershiftyeyes about that[emoji23]

Give us back the good times in kraken Mines justg 😊

Fsuryo
06-02-2017, 05:45 PM
Give us back the good times in kraken Mines justg 😊
Dang no haha. Lol
I mean, kind of underwater map [emoji23]

You Mad Or Nah
06-02-2017, 05:47 PM
Dang no haha. Lol
I mean, kind of underwater map [emoji23]

I should've been more specific. I want to be able to farm locks again and make good profit. 😂

Perceval
06-02-2017, 06:05 PM
1. The fact that people spent a lot of time and money earning these discontinued items makes them just as important as the "leaderboard vanities" The amount of effort it took me to find a crier vest for rogue was way more compared to the amount of time I spent trying to find a medusa set.

2. Instead of actually responding to this by asking yourself whether you would like to be able to use everything as a vanity, you start to search for underlying reasons for people to ask this of STS, and again you are mistaken. I sold all my extra collectibles a while back. The only reason I would like to be able to use these sets as a vanity, is because I genuinely think many sets are beautiful and I would like to wear them all the time, instead of just in towns. I would naturally also be in favor of making items you turn into a vanity untradeable. I think any real fan of the beautiful sets STS designed would be in favour of being able to wear them all the time, instead of merely when you are not actually playing the game.

3. You are just asking for the items that you claim to "love", but you lack the patience and determination it takes to actually farm for these items, which are all still readily available to those willing to spend time and effort just like other collectors did. You claim leaderboard vanities are different from rare collectibles because these items were not rare at one point in the game. This completely disregards the fact that people who are playing now spent a lot of effort and gold on trying to obtain these items, on a similar level to the leaderboard vanities that were rare from the start. And for your information, the jester sets you used as an example are NOT a leaderboard vanity and could be earned by anyone with very little effort when they were released, by posting a screenshot on the forums and having a healthy dose of luck.

4. "Something bad happened to me, so it's only fair that it should happen to others as well!" That sounds like a great motto to live by right? Right. When certain pets which actually give unique advantages ingame get rereleased, it is only to create a balance within the game when only a minority of the players would have access to powerful pets that are helpful in pve and pvp. Vanities do not give any advantage ingame at all. Comparing gear and pets to vanities is like comparing socks to a ballad.

5. Funny, you ask STS to rerelease rare sets which would ruin the ingame achievements of others, yet you are pulling the "don't expect special treatment" card. Perhaps if you started actually working for the items you desire ingame instead of expecting them to be delivered to you on a plate, this kind of argument would sound less ridiculous.

Creating an environment where any achievement you have worked so hard to reach can just be flushed away in an instant will only make people lose motivation to play, instead of rereleasing sets we should be thinking of new ways to use these great designs by recoloring existing sets or adding new details.

1). Sounds similar to 'the fact that people spent a lot of time' farming the 'money' required to buy those pets.
2). 'Underlying reasons for people to ask' what 'of STS' exactly?
3). The same 'lack' of 'patience and determination' to farm 100 million gold to buy those pets.
4). Its called making a reference to an earlier example. Even still, the final say is with the developers who seem to have shown an interest in this alongside many players (who greatly outnumber those that disagree including yourself).
5). Because the sleepless nights players spent for weeks running maps to end up in the top 10 in each class to receive shady and surge after it had been said not to be returning ever again; only to have it re-released is not ruining 'ingame' 'achievement'.

-1 to recolouring the vanities.

The special treatment you guys are publicly asking for is quite amusing.

Its only logical that the collectors themselves alongside the friends they asked to come and make comments (the minority) would disagree with this thread

Thanks

Perceval
06-03-2017, 11:01 AM
1) Nott all of these armours were meant to make progress, most were and still are just vanities. The only difference between the Lb vanities and the armours asking to be converted into vanities is the value of the lb vanities and the fact that they are vanities.

2) Most collectors of these armour vanities have no interest in selling them, fact of the matter is people with these armours constitute a minuscule part of the game.

Then again if STS decides to nott release these armours as vanities only a handful of people will be wearing them. If they do release, it should be at a value that is appreciative of the current values of these armours. I have nott much to loose if STS decides to make these armours purchasable as vanity form in plat. the only rare armour "vanity" I have is the blue founder and I honestly think people who didn't collect these armours shouldn't be given the option to buy these vanities, something similiar should be given as a choice in vanity form for people who are interested in buying it with plat. Letting the people who held onto their black heraldics and criers even though their prices exponentially rose, hold onto the thrill of owning something unique on a game that they have spent a chunk of their lives and let the people who wish to own these discontinued armours that are vanities have the chance to wear something on the likes of these vanities with minor tweaks which separates these two vanities.

Most players who have these vanities would rather this nott happen because they comprise of people who would rather have something unique to return to down the line. People who did their time and gold into these vanities and held into them should be rewarded(at least that according to me would be the ethical thing to do), since they held onto these vanities and took great care of them. It takes a lot of care when you have one of these vanity sets because one can easily liquidate these vanities then GG.( Plus pretty sure STS's return policy for liquidated items has changed since the introduction of sell all buttons.)

3) This point makes no sense whatsoever to me .-., it seems on the same thought process as those people who want to get the LB vanities but do nott want to spend the time and effort it takes into being able to afford one of those sets.

4) I bought a shade and surge for 26m, the price fell to 4m within a fortnight, you do nott see me complaining about it. Nott to mention pets and gear aren't vanities. Nott unless you intend to use vanities to plan to kill your enemies with auras and pretty hemlines, very tempted to use the hashtag fashionkilla.

5) A lot of people spent millions on these vanities, and other people have held onto these vanities from back when all their worth wasn't even a few hundred k's, no need to single out the people who are the ones who are active on the forums.
Save us the reading time and just say: "collecting old armors buys you special treatment from STG whereas spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on pets alongside years of farming does nott".

Choosing to release the old armors and weapons as vanities (the voice of the majority) or nott (the voice of the minority) is in the end, entirely up to STG but (depending on the choice they make) may let us know if there are things we need to do to earn special treatment from STG.

Zeus
06-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Save us the reading time and just say: "collecting old armors buys you special treatment from STG whereas spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on pets does nott".

Choosing to release the old armors and weapons as vanities (the voice of the majority) or nott (the voice of the minority) is in the end, entirely up to STG but (depending on the choice they make) may let us know if there are things we need to do to earn special treatment from STG.

7 people disagree with your thread - a controversial idea is generally carefully implemented. Please take the time to understand that. I doubt they want to risk upsetting players who worked hard for these treasured items. The people who don't have these items have nothing to be upset about because they have not lost anything.

Secondly, your argument for depreciation of items is invalid. Pets get replaced eventually - collectibles should not. They're a part of AL history. So, sure bring back the smaller stuff that not many really care about, such as commando. However, leave things like heraldic and demonlord alone.

At the end of the day, it's a mixed bag. If they choose to do this, they need to bring back items that will satisfy the masses without also upsetting the collectors. Failure to recognize both sides of the game only ends up in an unhealthy game.

P.S: I have none of these rare items whatsoever. Would I like to wear them again? Sure! However, it's just not something I would spend that much gold on nor would I want it to be re-released because it ruins the specialness.

Perceval
06-03-2017, 12:06 PM
I do nott know how you deduced the part you bolded.

I also do nott know if conjecture is the best way to go about trying to get what you need.

I'll try to save you the reading time, incase you go back trying to read my first post since obviously you are misinterpreting the points I made. Gears are nott vanities, just because gears in the past have been devalued does nott make it right vanities should be too. The uniqueness of the armour slot vanities should be maintained while giving the "majority" of the people who wish to own these vanities be given a very slightly modified version of these armour slot vanities.

Gear which one buys with plat gives one an edge, and when a majority of the gear is nott something a majority of the people can ever think of obtaining it makes the game way too niche.

Rewarding people who have held onto these armor slot vanities by giving modified(ever so slightly) is imho the right thing to do. Plus this ensures these people keep returning to the game even years from now.

Your use of 'conjecture' is in bold. 'I do nott know' where you got the assumption I 'need' this. The developers showed interest in a suggestion, therefore I will show my support. Such is the way of forum discussions.

Like I mentioned in a earlier post, those in possession of something that will potentially lose value soon will disagree with anything that will result in that loss of value. Such is the way of humanity.

raxaxic
06-03-2017, 05:57 PM
Nordr jewel, entombed hammer, firesquid rod just to name a few

Plqgue
06-04-2017, 09:15 AM
Maybe a better word for need would have been want. Let's go with want since you do nott need it. Since you decided to post and developers took an interest, people whose collections were under danger of getting devalued had to join in this forum discussion. Stating the obvious is what this thread has boiled down to.

Finally I would like to add, I'll probably nott make a loss either way. The only reason I decided to chime into this discussion is because of friends and acquaintances who stand to loose much if things were to be released without everyone's side being heard.

So basically sts shouldn't do anything that would hurt your friends pockets...does Gary have to ask them what they're allowed to put in their expansion ? Should sts just add them to the admin team so they can control the game to the point only they have gold or cool things? You kids need to stop being selfish and think about others and not just your small community of market manipulators ..

nightmaresmoke
06-04-2017, 10:59 AM
So basically sts shouldn't do anything that would hurt your friends pockets...does Gary have to ask them what they're allowed to put in their expansion ? Should sts just add them to the admin team so they can control the game to the point only they have gold or cool things? You kids need to stop being selfish and think about others and not just your small community of market manipulators ..

Nailed it.

Ydra
06-04-2017, 01:38 PM
From what I see, the two sides of this discussion are:

View #1
-Allowing to make collectibles into vanities
- Not re-releasing those collectibles
- Releasing recolored vanities

View #2
- Re-releasing the original collectibles (original colors)

Immediately we can realize that the majority of players (non-collectors) should naturally fall into agreement with View #2 (mostly because they would want to enjoy wearing these rare items as much as the current owners do).
On the other hand, a minority of players (collectors) should tend towards View #1 (mostly due to the clear perks of wearing a vanity over normal items). But we should not let majority over minority play a role in this, especially because the majority might be making an uninformed judgement call.

Both of these views, from my perspective, are not ideal, and therefore I tend to side with a 3rd view.

View #3
- NOT Allowing to make collectibles into vanities
- NOT re-releasing the original collectibles (original colors)
- Releasing new designs over recoloring old ones

Response to View #1:
Although making collectibles into vanities would be great for looks for the game in general, and especially for collectors like myself, I do see it as being somewhat unfair, as it would be clearly favoring players who own these items. That is not to say the same "favoring" situation has not happened several times and will continue to happen. I just view it as a bad way to handle it.
In regards to recolored vanities, I believe they are starting to become slightly (and by slightly I mean very) repetitive. The "heraldic" look has already been redone so many times that we don't need to continue having recolors. Also, if you want a recolor you can already buy the steel heraldic, founder, red jester, commando, etc... in auction for relatively cheap. It would be much nicer to instead have new designs that we can appreciate for being unique, just like the original sets once were.

Response to View #2:
I do not agree with this view either. Re-releasing collectibles is actually a pretty short-sighted idea once we stop to think. Collectibles are only premium items and look apart from the others because they are so rare. Otherwise, if they weren't as exclusive, they would be much less special as they would be commonplace. You can see this with any item. The main reason people buy vanities is for their value in gold. If they're not worth much gold (like the steel heraldic, red jester, etc), players completely forget about them, and the same would happen if collectibles were reintroduced.

My View (#3):
If you really like these "collectibles" (I don't blame you if you do, they're pretty nice), then instead of asking STS to re-release them, work for them (just like you work during an event or what not). Hunt the item you wish to have; that way you will be happy without making the items any less special.

Just my 2 cents.

Plqgue
06-04-2017, 02:04 PM
From what I see, the two sides of this discussion are:

View #1
-Allowing to make collectibles into vanities
- Not re-releasing those collectibles
- Releasing recolored vanities

View #2
- Re-releasing the original collectibles (original colors)

Immediately we can realize that the majority of players (non-collectors) should naturally fall into agreement with View #2 (mostly because they would want to enjoy wearing these rare items as much as the current owners do).
On the other hand, a minority of players (collectors) should tend towards View #1 (mostly due to the clear perks of wearing a vanity over normal items). But we should not let majority over minority play a role in this, especially because the majority might be making an uninformed judgement call.

Both of these views, from my perspective, are not ideal, and therefore I tend to side with a 3rd view.

View #3
- NOT Allowing to make collectibles into vanities
- NOT re-releasing the original collectibles (original colors)
- Releasing new designs over recoloring old ones

Response to View #1:
Although making collectibles into vanities would be great for looks for the game in general, and especially for collectors like myself, I do see it as being somewhat unfair, as it would be clearly favoring players who own these items. That is not to say the same "favoring" situation has not happened several times and will continue to happen. I just view it as a bad way to handle it.
In regards to recolored vanities, I believe they are starting to become slightly (and by slightly I mean very) repetitive. The "heraldic" look has already been redone so many times that we don't need to continue having recolors. Also, if you want a recolor you can already buy the steel heraldic, founder, red jester, commando, etc... in auction for relatively cheap. It would be much nicer to instead have new designs that we can appreciate for being unique, just like the original sets once were.

Response to View #2:
I do not agree with this view either. Re-releasing collectibles is actually a pretty short-sighted idea once we stop to think. Collectibles are only premium items and look apart from the others because they are so rare. Otherwise, if they weren't as exclusive, they would be much less special as they would be commonplace. You can see this with any item. The main reason people buy vanities is for their value in gold. If they're not worth much gold (like the steel heraldic, red jester, etc), players completely forget about them, and the same would happen if collectibles were reintroduced.

My View (#3):
If you really like these "collectibles" (I don't blame you if you do, they're pretty nice), then instead of asking STS to re-release them, work for them (just like you work during an event or what not). Hunt the item you wish to have; that way you will be happy without making the items any less special.

Just my 2 cents.

Working hard for it doesn't help when there people like dk up there with hundreds of sets and no plans on selling...secondly you don't want them released because it would make your personal collection go down in price...

You Mad Or Nah
06-04-2017, 02:11 PM
Since you guys want to Sts to release these vanities why not have Sts release banners that some players couldn't get because they barely started playing or didn't have the resources to get in a tier?or a way to get them like an event?(not talking about lb banners)
😊

Zeus
06-04-2017, 02:14 PM
Working hard for it doesn't help when there people like dk up there with hundreds of sets and no plans on selling...secondly you don't want them released because it would make your personal collection go down in price...

Fun fact, vanities have no impact on gameplay. So, if people chose to collect them that's cool. You shouldn't ruin their enjoyment of their vanities they worked for just because you want an easy way to enjoy them too. In the end, people wear the vanities for a few weeks and then complain about the next rare collectible to be re-released. Why? The vanity that was brought back is no longer special.

Please don't be so selfish and ruin other people's game. Vanity is just that, a vanity. It has no impact on gameplay.

You Mad Or Nah
06-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Fun fact, vanities have no impact on gameplay. So, if people chose to collect them that's cool. You shouldn't ruin their enjoyment of their vanities they worked for just because you want an easy way to enjoy them too. In the end, people wear the vanities for a few weeks and then complain about the next rare collectible to be re-released. Why? The vanity that was brought back is no longer special.

Please don't be so selfish and ruin other people's game. Vanity is just that, a vanity. It has no impact on gameplay.
So if a person grinds the gold for ice golem set or any other vanity then one week later sts releases this for all the fellow AL players whats the person going to do? Take a big L? and ruin the enjoyment of having one of the few sets still in game nty. Its not being selfish btw. Get a gl gun and belt and go farm maus. In no time u can buy any lb vanity you want if you put your mind to it. As for turning collectibles to vanities idk imo.

Plqgue
06-04-2017, 02:38 PM

Exactly vanity doesn't affect gameplay at all so why does it matter if an old set is brought back as a vanity besides if it hurts a few players pockets who like you have millions upon millions to toss around.. other people besides the same 20-30 hoarding all the collectible sets will be able to wear their favorites if they wanted to..and besides as you can tell its only people who hoard these sets and their friends against this...let other people have fun man we all couldn't farm plat back in the day like you.

Zeus
06-04-2017, 02:41 PM
So if a person grinds the gold for ice golem set or any other vanity then one week later sts releases this for all the fellow AL players whats the person going to do? Take a big L? and ruin the enjoyment of having one of the few sets still in game nty. Its not being selfish btw. Get a gl gun and belt and go farm maus. In no time u can buy any lb vanity you want if you put your mind to it. As for turning collectibles to vanities idk imo.

It's a good way to kill the game if they do that. They've done it in their past games and lost a lot of veterans due to it. The simple fact is, if someone's gameplay is actively ruined then they will not play. These new players know nothing, sigh.

You're not going to get old vanities back, it's been discussed over and over. They're done and over with. And no, I don't have any of these old vanities.

Plqgue
06-04-2017, 02:41 PM
You kids need to stop being selfish and think about others and not just your small community of discussion manipulators ..

Manipulating discussion ? Bro you literally said you're against it because it would hurt your friends pockets.....

Zeus
06-04-2017, 02:45 PM
Manipulating discussion ? Bro you literally said you're against it because it would hurt your friends pockets.....

Nobody is manipulating. Take it down a notch, stop being so aggressive. Nobody wants to give their stuff away for free and no matter how much someone complains, this isn't going to change.

Developers know this and I'm sure they know the repercussions of bringing back veteran items. Recolour, sure. Never bring back though.

The ghost vanities are perfect example of doing it. People were given a chance to obtain ghost ice golem but they didn't ruin the original ice golem values. So, create new opportunities to obtain an equally rare item. Don't give away the same thing g.

Plqgue
06-04-2017, 02:51 PM
Nobody is manipulating. Take it down a notch, stop being so aggressive. Nobody wants to give their stuff away for free and no matter how much someone complains, this isn't going to change.

That's the thing in case you didn't read the title this is something for farmers you know something for people to work towards....there's no indication from sts that they won't make these vanities plat purchasable..nobody is getting anything for free it takes work to get those things as well...
Secondly you keep bringing up lb vanities ..this has nothing to do with them this is about bringing a few old beautiful sets out as vanities ...the only people this hurts even a little is the hoarders of collectibles literally nobody else is affected ...

Zeus
06-04-2017, 02:57 PM
That's the thing in case you didn't read the title this is something for farmers you know something for people to work towards....there's no indication from sts that they won't make these vanities plat purchasable..nobody is getting anything for free it takes work to get those things as well...
Secondly you keep bringing up lb vanities ..this has nothing to do with them this is about bringing a few old beautiful sets out as vanities ...the only people this hurts even a little is the hoarders of collectibles literally nobody else is affected ...

Bring back old items which other players do not own but are on NPCs, make those as vanities that the general public can buy for platinum.

People are fixated on specific rare items. However, the thing is they are only desirable because they are rare - not for their design. Did you know at one point, heraldic was 2K each? Nobody wanted it. If they become populated, then again nobody will want it and in the process we will have destroyed people's hard work and perhaps their passion for game. It's not a situation which is healthy for the game. If people cannot understand this, then I do not know what to tell them. With a rare vanity, people purchase for uniqueness. Your brain is telling you it's design to justify the cost - but everybody just wants to be unique. If the unique factor is lost then there's no point of wearing it.

So, if people want rare vanities brought back? Awesome, so do I. Just have them brought back in a way that do not cause further damage in game. The object is to keep players, not lose them.

You Mad Or Nah
06-04-2017, 02:58 PM
No one here is being aggressive here you over exaggerating😂
If u get easily offended this ain't the place for you js

Perceval
06-04-2017, 03:14 PM
I don't think these collectors even make up 1% of the AL population so as far as I'm concerned, consider them expendable.

Ydra
06-04-2017, 03:17 PM
People are fixated on specific rare items. However, the thing is they are only desirable because they are rare - not for their design. Did you know at one point, heraldic was 2K each? Nobody wanted it. If they become populated, then again nobody will want it and in the process we will have destroyed people's hard work and perhaps their passion for game. It's not a situation which is healthy for the game. If people cannot understand this, then I do not know what to tell them. With a rare vanity, people purchase for uniqueness. Your brain is telling you it's design to justify the cost - but everybody just wants to be unique. If the unique factor is lost then there's no point of wearing it.

This has been said so many times by so many old players that understand.
It's not worth it to keep restating the point, Zeus.

I just hope the devs understand this simple point.

Perceval
06-04-2017, 03:21 PM
This has been said so many times by so many old players that understand.
It's not worth it to keep restating the point, Zeus.

I just hope the devs understand this simple point.
Hopefully the devs understand the group making this point is a minority. Disagree? Let's simply have a poll to end the discussion.

Perceval
06-04-2017, 03:24 PM
Can we have a poll Gary?

Would you like the old armors and weapons (heraldic's etc.) to return as vanities?

- Yes

- No

Please also kindly make a server announcement to ensure the collectors themselves don't make excuses about not being accounted for.

saik1993
06-04-2017, 03:39 PM
I guess people are asking those old sets(not lb vanities) to be farmable and not through filling the pockets of hoarders with gold :)

Ydra
06-04-2017, 03:41 PM
Can we have a poll Gary?

Would you like the old armors and weapons (heraldic's etc.) to return as vanities?

- Yes

- No

Please also kindly make a server announcement to ensure the collectors themselves don't make excuses about not being accounted for.

The majority doesn't see far enough into the future.
If you asked if everyone wants a medusa set, the majority would say yes. Should we give it to everyone? No, clearly.

Stop and realize that you are talking to season 1 players who already know how this will turn out.

If you care so much for design, buy steel heraldic ;)
Very cheap and same heraldic design. You will love it!

Perceval
06-04-2017, 03:45 PM
The majority doesn't see far enough into the future.
If you asked if everyone wants a medusa set, the majority would say yes. Should we give it to everyone? No, clearly.

Stop and realize that you are talking to season 1 players who already know how this will turn out.

If you care so much for design, buy steel heraldic ;)
Very cheap and same heraldic design. You will love it!
Oh look, the words of a collector. I saw 'far enough into the future' to see this coming ;)

@Zeus, here is your 'aggressive' player. Ironically he's on your side.

Fsuryo
06-04-2017, 04:11 PM
Bump for this one

Plqgue
06-04-2017, 04:26 PM
Bring back old items which other players do not own but are on NPCs, make those as vanities that the general public can buy for platinum.

So, if people want rare vanities brought back? Awesome, so do I. Just have them brought back in a way that do not cause further damage in game. The object is to keep players, not lose them.

And if the drops of these items are rare like smelly helm vanity would you still be against it the only thing I'm seeing is you think everyone and their mother will have this and I don't think that's the case it's either gonna drop like I mentioned earlier or cost a thousand plat a set, hell they might even take an elixir to drop like cryo/northal vanities ...IDK if you realize this but the number of plat buyers has gone downhill and some of us that used to spend freely on the game aren't buying plat anymore like myself this could get people to spend the dough this game needs to continue running without spending 5$ us per run as is the case in forgotten ruins ....this literally won't affect the majority of the game negatively the maybe less than 1% of players that collect and hoard these sets will be affected but it's not really an impactful thing when two of your hundreds of rare sets become worth a little less...you and your friends are trying to keep these things to yourselves and it's simply not fair to those of us who want something to farm for/ a good reason to spend our money on this amazing game again

Cashews
06-04-2017, 04:45 PM
Collectible items are a part of AL's history. Some are very rare and treasured as they should be. Rereleasing these items as common trash would be an affront to the history of AL. They should be preserved as intact as possible. Even simply changing them to vanitys would ruin the character and story of the item. Im all for differently colored knockoffs but please do not counterfeit our Mona Lisas.

Perceval
06-04-2017, 04:51 PM
Collectible items are a part of AL's history. Some are very rare and treasured as they should be. Rereleasing these items as common trash would be an affront to the history of AL. They should be preserved as intact as possible. Even simply changing them to vanitys would ruin the character and story of the item. Im all for differently colored knockoffs but please do not counterfeit our Mona Lisas.
Sorry mate, the counterfeit shady and surge looks the same as the original.

Cashews
06-04-2017, 05:05 PM
Sorry mate, the counterfeit shady and surge looks the same as the original. And what does that have to do with bringing back old gears? Pets are expected to be rereleased as they are a consumable item. As far as I can tell, you are advocating bringing back icons of this games history as junk to be handed out to everybody simply because you like the color scheme. A lot of people have invested years and lots of money to collect and preserve these items. If you want these items then you need to put in the work to obtain and thus treasure them, not by destroying the games historical items and many of its collectors.

Perceval
06-04-2017, 05:36 PM
And what does that have to do with bringing back old gears? Pets are expected to be rereleased as they are a consumable item. As far as I can tell, you are advocating bringing back icons of this games history as junk to be handed out to everybody simply because you like the color scheme. A lot of people have invested years and lots of money to collect and preserve these items. If you want these items then you need to put in the work to obtain and thus treasure them, not by destroying the games historical items and many of its collectors.
Let us celebrate history together, not just you and your friends.

Ydra
06-04-2017, 05:38 PM

You seem to not like what they did with SnS, which I agree with you that they shouldn't have.
You appear to contradict yourself, however, when you wish that the same happens with collectibles.
You know better than anyone how it felt to see SnS everywhere... and it wasn't a happy feeling, as you mentioned.
Why then would you want the same to happen with collectibles?

Seems vengeful.

Arkiouj
06-04-2017, 05:39 PM
totally disagree with this. AL needs fresh new items, no more recolours or turning x item into a vanity, its lazy. It's bad enough in event stores seeing the same stuff as the year before. Same goes for Heroic pets, i'd much rather see new pets with creative aa's than original pets with para circle and boosted stats.

not hating on STS they've made great vanitys before and they'll make great vanitys again.

Plqgue
06-04-2017, 05:41 PM
And what does that have to do with bringing back old gears? Pets are expected to be rereleased as they are a consumable item. As far as I can tell, you are advocating bringing back icons of this games history as junk to be handed out to everybody simply because you like the color scheme. A lot of people have invested years and lots of money to collect and preserve these items. If you want these items then you need to put in the work to obtain and thus treasure them, not by destroying the games historical items and many of its collectors.
Oh wow look another collector against this wonderful idea ....

Perceval
06-04-2017, 05:52 PM
Let's just have a poll and end this g.

Let's see what the AL community (as a whole) really wants.

The collectors and their friends aren't even carrying on the discussion in a civilised manner anymore, they are just trying to guilt trip and threaten the developers.

Arkiouj
06-04-2017, 05:57 PM

Let's see what the AL community really wants.

The collectors and their friends aren't even carrying on the discussion in a civilised manner anymore, they are just trying to guilt trip and threaten the developers.

if it was an item that effected stats fair enough but its a vanity item, get over it.

nightmaresmoke
06-04-2017, 06:23 PM

As always.

creeepycreeepy
06-04-2017, 06:42 PM

Civilized* but +1 for turning imbued sets into a vanity :3

Zeus
06-04-2017, 07:43 PM

SNS is gear related - it would eventually be out dated. This is coming from someone who's spent over 400M on his stable.

If anyone knows the pain, it's me. But, it's gear. This is not gear, this is collectibles. Collectibles do not get outdated, therefore the logic does not reply.

What happens if Mclaren starts building the Mclaren F1 again? It's a $15 million dollar car for a reason. It's a collectible at this point.

Cashews
06-04-2017, 07:55 PM

Please explain how we are threatening and guilt tripping developers in an uncivilized manner. I have seen nothing of the sort from any of the collectors in this thread.

Also, I do not appreciate words being put into my mouth or being called "expendable".

Bmlty
06-04-2017, 08:01 PM
No one is forcing you to collect old items that were once common in the game at one point. u.u so if you want to pay more gold than other people for an old item that you can only wear in towns then its on you.
-to the collectors

Teases
06-04-2017, 08:05 PM
I would love if the Garetta set was also turned into a vanity! A lot of low level armors look amazing but it isn't practical to wear them.

Perceval
06-04-2017, 08:23 PM
What happens if Mclaren starts building the Mclaren F1 again? It's a $15 million dollar car for a reason. It's a collectible at this point.
What would happen? Would the collectors start street riots and send death threats to the HQ?

Would they 'pull an Arcane Legends old armor collector'?

Collect at your own risk. This statement also applies to items that have even been announced to never return again.

thekragle
06-04-2017, 08:53 PM
Whoa, whoa guys!!! It seems the intent of this thread has gotten totally lost. The only vanities that should be offered or drop are looks that currently drop from maps or are plat purchased, OR refreshed looks as Gary mentioned. There is no need to have old or rare vanities drop. Even I understand that is unfair and I don't even own any old or rare vanities.

Plqgue
06-04-2017, 10:46 PM
Whoa, whoa guys!!! It seems the intent of this thread has gotten totally lost. The only vanities that should be offered or drop are looks that currently drop from maps or are plat purchased, OR refreshed looks as Gary mentioned. There is no need to have old or rare vanities drop. Even I understand that is unfair and I don't even own any old or rare vanities.

They're talking about turning armors into vanities not releasing old vanities please read it again

Zeus
06-04-2017, 11:48 PM
What would happen? Would the collectors start street riots and send death threats to the HQ?

Would they 'pull an Arcane Legends old armor collector'?

Collect at your own risk. This statement also applies to items that have even been announced to never return again.

Nope, the company just ends up losing the trust of some of their biggest spenders and that doesn't end up benefiting them. You'd be surprised how much the big plat whales spend - over 50K USD, each. It will take a lot of customers to replace that.

There's enough people on here stating it's a bad idea - controversial ideas are usually the ones that hurt the game the most.

Suentous PO
06-05-2017, 12:30 AM
I'm no collector but I have to be honest and say I don't want my blue founders or 2 warrior founders re-released as a new vanities.
Yes I am pure evil
Cry.
Lol

You Mad Or Nah
06-05-2017, 12:36 AM
I'm no collector but I have to be honest and say I don't want my blue founders or 2 warrior founders re-released as a new vanities.
Yes I am pure evil
Cry.
Lol
Now I hope they do realise them😊
A blue founder set vanity wouldn't be that bad...

thekragle
06-05-2017, 12:39 AM
They're talking about turning armors into vanities not releasing old vanities please read it again

Yeah, I know lol. That's what I was talking about. Only armors that currently drop in maps should be turned into vanities. Exclusive hard earned armor and vanities that are no longer available should probably not be re-released unless the majority of the community supports it. I support only releasing vanities based on new or currently available armors and weapons. Re-read all of my posts in this thread lol.

Suentous PO
06-05-2017, 12:42 AM
Now I hope do they do realise them��

High five
>:}

You Mad Or Nah
06-05-2017, 01:02 AM
High five
>:}
High Five🖐 bro

Perceval
06-05-2017, 04:15 AM
There's enough people on here stating it's a bad idea - controversial ideas are usually the ones that hurt the game the most.
Wrong. The amount of players that agree with the idea currently out number the amount of players that disagree 37 to 11.

This hasn't even been made a poll and announced on the server to get a more representative sample.

I say STG gets a true idea of the 'loss' they will make after a poll.

Perceval
06-05-2017, 04:28 AM
Just to reiterate, the suggestion was that some (voted for) still availiable existing old armors (and weapons, thanks g) will have a vanity conversion recipe drop so it will still be necessary to farm them. Whereas some (voted for) discontinued armors and weapons will just drop as vanities.

These recipes and vanities should not be given out like boogie bag 2017 vanities. The drop rates should be similar to that of a balanced scale. Therefore, we will not see 'everyone' wearing them.

STG can choose to introduce this in the forgotten ruins, mausoleum floor 4-6 and/or the new expansion.

Hopefully this clears some things up.

warmane
06-05-2017, 03:30 PM
I see someone keeps deleting my reply. :)

Justg
06-05-2017, 03:32 PM
I see someone keeps deleting my reply. :)

Even with criticism, I'm sure you can be constructive :)

warmane
06-05-2017, 03:40 PM
It was and is for sure constructive what I said. vanity's will not help in any context. Devs need for sure to work on something new, like really new, not just copy paste aspects and add paracelsus effect to pets and boom "Heroic pets". You need to expand your team and try doing something that doesn't mean to convert armors/weapons in vanity's. I'm sure more than 80% of Arcane Legends population are under 16. But we, in name of the players that are 18+, we need more content. New events...not just 2x etc. New quests. Something to put us to work, something to spend time with friends to get better, not decorated. I'm sure you can do that. (Off topic- Could you change my forum name to "Warmane"?) Thank you in advance for the things you will do. I trust you.

You Mad Or Nah
06-05-2017, 03:42 PM
Is Sts hiring?(kidding)
In justg we trust✝

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

warmane
06-05-2017, 03:45 PM
The thing about expanding their team* - I said that because I didn't saw "they" working on updates

Tutie
06-05-2017, 08:28 PM
It was and is for sure constructive what I said. vanity's will not help in any context. Devs need for sure to work on something new, like really new, not just copy paste aspects and add paracelsus effect to pets and boom "Heroic pets". You need to expand your team and try doing something that doesn't mean to convert armors/weapons in vanity's. I'm sure more than 80% of Arcane Legends population are under 16. But we, in name of the players that are 18+, we need more content. New events...not just 2x etc. New quests. Something to put us to work, something to spend time with friends to get better, not decorated. I'm sure you can do that. (Off topic- Could you change my forum name to "Warmane"?) Thank you in advance for the things you will do. I trust you.

Dude, seriously? ANY update STS releases is a bonus to us players. You do remember that this game is Free to Play, right? If you need more to do then go farm!

Perceval
06-06-2017, 06:49 AM
Dude, seriously? ANY update STS releases is a bonus to us players. You do remember that this game is Free to Play, right? If you need more to do then go farm!
These 'veterans' have played for so long they've forgotten 😂👏👏

warmane
06-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Um I think you didnt even read my entire reply, so whatever for who don't understand. :)

m3cy
06-17-2017, 11:11 AM
NO, we don't need old/discounted armor as a vanity, this will ruin the games history and the old players who collected it, collected for a reason, not that it would be re-released as a vanity but because it is old/desirable.

So do not be envious to them collectors who have them, I'm sure there are other vanity people can use.

If you want something to complain about it should be PVP LB.
Not vanity for gods sake, this game is dying too many new school players taking over ROFL.

m3cy
06-17-2017, 11:41 AM
BANNERS actually is something you need too, not just vanity sets. I'm sure you want to look good?
Banners can actually make you look good.

I'm sure all you new school players don't have them and WON'T get them but they look good (lb banners).

We have plenty of vanity, you new school players need banners. Go do some pve and get banners from there, I know you do pvp but comon you expecting a prize??

@jusg, we don't need vanity, I can talk on behalf for these new school players, they need banners (lb banners) coz they wanna show off (nothing wrong with that) I do too xD. But serious they like pvp they need banners.

Bring back pvp lb for them. They rly need it or they keep complaining that "I look like a newbie even tho I rek every one in pvp, fml", I play so much look likr nab zzz, need vanity now, no have banner, crie now". :(

You Mad Or Nah
06-17-2017, 11:48 AM
NO, we don't need old/discounted armor as a vanity, this will ruin the games history and the old players who collected it, collected for a reason, not that it would be re-released as a vanity but because it is old/desirable.

So do not be envious to them collectors who have them, I'm sure there are other vanity people can use.

If you want something to complain about it should be PVP LB.
Not vanity for gods sake, this game is dying too many new school players taking over ROFL.
Then old players got to step their game up...

m3cy
06-17-2017, 12:28 PM
That is such a new school comment lol. Why do they need too step up? Explain please.

1) New school players need to step their game up, care too much about vanity LOL, WHY? this will 100% break game, we don't need new vanity for gods sake.

Where the old players at? Need to teach these guys a lesson on how to be constructive.

m3cy
06-17-2017, 12:31 PM
We need new lb for banners who agrees with me, we dont need vanity, we got plenty, I will REPEAT plenty so stop nagging about it for real...

You Mad Or Nah
06-17-2017, 12:53 PM
It's not just the new players that want new vanities. It's both old and new gen that wants them. Whats wrong with being new school?(I'm not) you want some type of reward for being old gen? Haha you care too much. You're like the 10th+ person that's been saying this "game dying" lmao it's not. Expansion is soon and doubt this game dying anytime soon.
"LOL"" ROFL" zz

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Kingofninjas
06-17-2017, 04:54 PM
Wrong. The amount of players that agree with the idea currently out number the amount of players that disagree 37 to 11.

This hasn't even been made a poll and announced on the server to get a more representative sample.

I say STG gets a true idea of the 'loss' they will make after a poll.

Wrong. Enough does not necessarily mean more, or even equal.

On topic, what you want is like forcing Rolex to make budget watches that look exactly like the premium ones for those who can't afford the premium version.

If you can't afford a Rolex, buy a cheaper watch that performs the exact same function.

Perceval
06-17-2017, 06:41 PM
Wrong. Enough does not necessarily mean more, or even equal.

On topic, what you want is like forcing Rolex to make budget watches that look exactly like the premium ones for those who can't afford the premium version.

If you can't afford a Rolex, buy a cheaper watch that performs the exact same function.
Apparently 10 is less than 1. In case you didn't know, "more" literally means "more".

On topic, take my limited edition never to be released again Rolex (shady and surge) for example, now see how it wasn't limited edition never to be released again?

As far as i'm concerned the old armor collectors and their friends (probably including you) can make all the pointless Rolex, McLaren and hibbitidoblah references to pixelated items they want because they're outnumbered and a STG decision is never made on the basis of the few compared to the many. Hopefully that hasn't changed.

@justg, a poll would do wonders for your final decision.

Kingofninjas
06-18-2017, 12:12 AM
Apparently 10 is less than 1. In case you didn't know, "more" literally means "more".

On topic, take my limited edition never to be released again Rolex (shady and surge) for example, now see how it wasn't limited edition never to be released again?

As far as i'm concerned the old armor collectors and their friends (probably including you) can make all the pointless Rolex, McLaren and hibbitidoblah references to pixelated items they want because they're outnumbered and a STG decision is never made on the basis of the few compared to the many. Hopefully that hasn't changed.

@justg, a poll would do wonders for your final decision.

SnS cannot be a Rolex as it was game changing. SnS would be a feature, like an alarm built into the watch that most watch makers adopted once the initial patent expired. In this comparison, the year or so that SnS was unavailable to those who didn't get it from players who topped in the Ursoth event is the patent period where only the ones to first come up with the idea for a built in alarm clock were allowed to build this feature into watches.

Disclaimer: only using alarms as an example. No idea whether or not such a patent actually existed.

I know what more means. Perhaps you should re read my original reply as the meaning of what I typed was clearly lost somewhere in the process.

_SkyShow_
06-18-2017, 08:56 AM

Thought's guys?

+1 yeppe should be great...

Demon lord,dark crystal,even weapons like umbral looks great :/

Plqgue
06-18-2017, 12:12 PM
SnS cannot be a Rolex as it was game changing. SnS would be a feature, like an alarm built into the watch that most watch makers adopted once the initial patent expired. In this comparison, the year or so that SnS was unavailable to those who didn't get it from players who topped in the Ursoth event is the patent period where only the ones to first come up with the idea for a built in alarm clock were allowed to build this feature into watches.

Disclaimer: only using alarms as an example. No idea whether or not such a patent actually existed.

I know what more means. Perhaps you should re read my original reply as the meaning of what I typed was clearly lost somewhere in the process.

I don't think you understand that all your nonsense about Rolex's and features don't make it to where people against this idea are more than people for it ...you richies will be OK trust me let others have nice things too..I've literally never seen a community as greedy with pixels as you and your collector friends .and before you say it this isn't the first thread I've seen you all on opposing something because you have a version of it and don't want others to have it too good day bro remember it's all pixels

Ydra
06-18-2017, 02:37 PM
I don't think you understand that all your nonsense about Rolex's and features don't make it to where people against this idea are more than people for it ...you richies will be OK trust me let others have nice things too..I've literally never seen a community as greedy with pixels as you and your collector friends .and before you say it this isn't the first thread I've seen you all on opposing something because you have a version of it and don't want others to have it too good day bro remember it's all pixels

You seem to be the one caring the most about having the collectible 'pixels' ;)

"Remember it's all pixels"

Kingofninjas
06-18-2017, 03:13 PM

Naturally people like you who cannot afford vanities will outnumber those who can. Poor have always outnumbered the rich.

Like ydra said, you seem to be focused on acquiring a few "unique" pixels too much to be preaching about it being pixels.

The Rolex example was just dumbing it down for people like you who don't seem to understand the difference SnS and vanities have on gameplay.

Plqgue
06-18-2017, 04:12 PM
You seem to be the one caring the most about having the collectible 'pixels' ;)

"Remember it's all pixels"

Says the guy on every thread about arlors or old vanities saying that his arlors would become worthless...

Plqgue
06-18-2017, 04:17 PM
Naturally people like you who cannot afford vanities will outnumber those who can. Poor have always outnumbered the rich.

Like ydra said, you seem to be focused on acquiring a few "unique" pixels too much to be preaching about it being pixels.

The Rolex example was just dumbing it down for people like you who don't seem to understand the difference SnS and vanities have on gameplay.

I can afford the vanities will I buy them no...
This thread is for people who like to farm their things an added bonus to all the ruins runs we have to do..I'd love to have a nice vanity drop on one of the thousands of runs I have to do...this isn't about the amount of gold but to have a prize that isn't a fragment from the northal recolor.
I spend my gold wisely but I'd happily do a ton of runs just to hope for a vanity of some sort you're literally against it because it would hurt yours and your friends pockets... selfish kids

Ydra
06-18-2017, 04:22 PM
Says the guy on every thread about arlors or old vanities saying that his arlors would become worthless...

You're the one who said it. Just quoting your words bud.

Plqgue
06-18-2017, 04:23 PM
You're the one who said it. Just quoting your words bud.

Yes I described you and your buddies perfectly

Perceval
06-18-2017, 06:30 PM
Selfishness. "It is a trait we hate in other people but justify in ourselves" - Stephen Kendrick.

nightmaresmoke
06-19-2017, 12:47 AM
Cough cough cough*

abigailsl
06-21-2017, 10:22 AM
Always the same 5-6 people who complain about everything. Maybe you could shush and let sts pretend they own the game for a while. No disrespect intended.

herculeans
06-21-2017, 10:55 AM
collecters gona hate this thread(as its said to be obtained by farming in elite map)

best thing is to leave things as it is :() so no more popcorns

herculeans
06-21-2017, 11:01 AM

pls no... dont bring rare sets back as vanity items

there are two point of views

farmable or obtained from stores(collectors get messed up)

making it into vanity(makes only the collector to get richer as it 4x the items worth) idont worry if he gets profit or what even but those stuffs are limited out there and it will be only available to ppl who have 300m+