PDA

View Full Version : Mage PVE Gaming [Guide]

boohgey
05-25-2017, 06:08 AM
Apologies for the dramatic feedbacks created by this thread [emoji25]

All players have different styles of PVE gaming..soo stick with your gaming style and enjoy AL [emoji56]

Those who have viewed this thread have known my style of gaming already and I respect the comments..Ty for making criticisms [emoji16]

Plqgue
05-25-2017, 12:37 PM
That's horrible build tbh

Poisontips
05-25-2017, 01:04 PM
I appreciate the effort but I just wanna point out that a true pve player doesn't care about deaths as much as you claim. To me deaths are a badge of honor and more Deaths typically mean you play regardless of pt or pug skill level and have played harder content threwout the years and haven't earned majority of your kills in km3 kt4 watcher tombs and other easy maps. To each their own I suppose but tbh majority of skilled pve players I know that have lots of kills and deaths typically tend to be the most experienced .

eleasah
05-25-2017, 01:42 PM
And i only want day, its more easy lv up by doing daileys. Lv 37 up give u minimum one lv if do all daileys that give XP. And not to forget the gold u can earn by doing daileys. Maybe its not so much as wanted. But sureley enough to buy pots;)

nightmaresmoke
05-25-2017, 02:00 PM
I appreciate the effort but I just wanna point out that a true pve player doesn't care about deaths as much as you claim. To me deaths are a badge of honor and more Deaths typically mean you play regardless of pt or pug skill level and have played harder content threwout the years and haven't earned majority of your kills in km3 kt4 watcher tombs and other easy maps. To each their own I suppose but tbh majority of skilled pve players I know that have lots of kills and deaths typically tend to be the most experienced .
Yep like some players I've encountered in pugs if they die they quit immediately.

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, evil for evil"

Poisontips
05-25-2017, 02:20 PM
Yep like some players I've encountered in pugs if they die they quit immediately.

Yeah I always get a good chuckle in when when people rage quit :)

nightmaresmoke
05-25-2017, 02:34 PM
Yeah I always get a good chuckle in when when people rage quit :)
Me in my mind ( really quits with 1 death seriously? )

alxe
05-25-2017, 05:49 PM
well, it looks like you've put alot of effort into this thread but as a PVE mage for over 3 years i can tell you that lifegiver is NOT good at all for PVE,all you do is save urself some pots(+ aggro the enter map on you) and if people stoped useing it in PVE id have less players begging for mana now and then. i see damage and movment speed passive pointless since you already got gale, timeshift and fireball are GREAT ablities to have in PVE,especily thier mastries. and MM does not burn massive number of mobs, i mean i tried it on giant m6 pulls..max it killed was 2 and i would not call it an op AA what so ever..i know i sound a bit harsh but, i think people looking for a guide should know these.

boohgey
05-25-2017, 06:07 PM
XD I'm expecting negative feedbacks ...btw this guide is based on my experience in underhul only. I never run new maps. The build is best I can prove it plqgue. Also about deaths, I'm pointing out on making excellent kdr :-) making record, having mindset

Sent from my A11w using Tapatalk

boohgey
05-25-2017, 06:09 PM
well, it looks like you've put alot of effort into this thread but as a PVE mage for over 3 years i can tell you that lifegiver is NOT good at all for PVE,all you do is save urself some pots(+ aggro the enter map on you) and if people stoped useing it in PVE id have less players begging for mana now and then. i see damage and movment speed passive pointless since you already got gale, timeshift and fireball are GREAT ablities to have in PVE,especily thier mastries. and MM does not burn massive number of mobs, i mean i tried it on giant m6 pulls..max it killed was 2 and i would not call it an op AA what so ever..i know i sound a bit harsh but, i think people looking for a guide should know these.
LOL! Have you read?I said don't learn the dash of gale....means gale with no speed buff..I'm not talking about moso..MM is OP in Underhul..Moso is an OP map as of now that lvl.cap is 61

alxe
05-25-2017, 06:19 PM
LOL! Have you read?I said don't learn the dash of gale....means gale with no speed buff..I'm not talking about moso..MM is OP in Underhul..Moso is an OP map as of now that lvl.cap is 61

You said you dont wanna use charged gale in middle of mobs,so from what i understood you use it only as non-charged which means you skilling the armor passive from gale is pointless since you dont charge it. Plus the real OP pet in underhul is nekro or nilbog/ironbite since you remove the stun. (Yea i know thats why u skilled the gale mastrey that high) but you couldve used these somewhere else,if MM is not gonna do that well in the hardest map having it being good in lower maps dosent mean its op,good yes but id rather use other AA insted of his

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

will0
05-25-2017, 06:56 PM
not mine kind of build I played since S2.... hardly pvp now ...

Gale / time shift / light / shield works for me

weapon (flame staff if you want dot damage) and pets plays a part... glow is the best / toor and toxy works good too

boohgey
05-25-2017, 06:57 PM
You said you dont wanna use charged gale in middle of mobs,so from what i understood you use it only as non-charged which means you skilling the armor passive from gale is pointless since you dont charge it. Plus the real OP pet in underhul is nekro or nilbog/ironbite since you remove the stun. (Yea i know thats why u skilled the gale mastrey that high) but you couldve used these somewhere else,if MM is not gonna do that well in the hardest map having it being good in lower maps dosent mean its op,good yes but id rather use other AA insted of his

Bro you don't really understand, I said don't learn dash gale coz if you use charged in middle of mobs it will dash. I alwys use charged gale in middle of mobs to have an armor buff, protection, and knock mobs back..are you even a mage?b4 you contradict ideas be sure you know what you are talking.I won't say more about MM. Most players doesn't know much..You have no experience running solo for one year just to have kills while avoiding deaths[emoji41]

Suentous PO
05-25-2017, 07:37 PM
@Boohgey - just change the first sentence from- "This thread is all about Mage pve in world."
To something like -
This thread is about kill farming in underhul.
Your not so much doing a pve thread as you are doing a thread about kill farming.

And you won't have any problems from ppl (incl me) who like to debate things like
Why no staff? Why scatter mobs? All passive a? No clock but heal and shield !?!?!??
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Kek

boohgey
05-25-2017, 08:09 PM
@Boohgey - just change the first sentence from- "This thread is all about Mage pve in world."
To something like -
This thread is about kill farming in underhul.
Your not so much doing a pve thread as you are doing a thread about kill farming.

And you won't have any problems from ppl (incl me) who like to debate things like
Why no staff? Why scatter mobs? All passive a? No clock but heal and shield !?!?!??
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Kek
I see the point :-) It's all about kills..my mistake..nope I don't scatter mobs while doing solo runs..I use gale to push mobs in same position..pulling them well..then doin charged fireball to stun and mm's AA to finish..I prefer gun coz it's like lightning substitute to me..big damage to single target. This is my style for my one year of solo running and I'd say it's best for solo runners.

bibeolli
05-25-2017, 08:11 PM
Just change your thread to "mage pve kill farming"

alxe
05-25-2017, 09:14 PM
Bro you don't really understand, I said don't learn dash gale coz if you use charged in middle of mobs it will dash. I alwys use charged gale in middle of mobs to have an armor buff, protection, and knock mobs back..are you even a mage?b4 you contradict ideas be sure you know what you are talking.I won't say more about MM. Most players doesn't know much..You have no experience running solo for one year just to have kills while avoiding deaths[emoji41]

*facepalm with a chair* oki how about you just change the thread to "best underhul build,useless everywhere else" and be done with it? Becuase i dont have 1 year of experience i have about 4 YEARS. And respect from whoever i ran with. And for your info i soloed every map and boss in this game,ghost party is kinda my thing.

boohgey
05-25-2017, 09:31 PM
*facepalm with a chair* oki how about you just change the thread to "best underhul build,useless everywhere else" and be done with it? Becuase i dont have 1 year of experience i have about 4 YEARS. And respect from whoever i ran with. And for your info i soloed every map and boss in this game,ghost party is kinda my thing.

:-) you may soloed every map but you didn't go run same high lvl map for one yr just to earn kills XD I respect.yur opinions :-) and btw, these build is effective in all maps if yu just know how to use

alxe
05-25-2017, 09:41 PM
:-) you may soloed every map but you didn't go run same high lvl map for one yr just to earn kills XD I respect.yur opinions :-) and btw, these build is effective in all maps if yu just know how to use

Man,i am running the same highest lvl map everyday for a while now. Yes i dont focus on farming kills as much as farming on the map,i have farmed underhul for kills before but then i started running maus insted.

boohgey
05-25-2017, 09:47 PM
Man,i am running the same highest lvl map everyday for a while now. Yes i dont focus on farming kills as much as farming on the map,i have farmed underhul for kills before but then i started running maus insted.

Keep it up :-) you're making gold and new map record..while me focusing kills..It's about PVE KDR that matters to me XD that's why I made this guide for those planning to have same.goal as.me

Plqgue
05-26-2017, 12:39 AM
BTW the best skills for kill farming in under are shield(4/5) fire(4/5) gale(4/5) clock (4/5maateries on fireball clock and gale

boohgey
05-26-2017, 01:23 AM
BTW the best skills for kill farming in under are shield(4/5) fire(4/5) gale(4/5) clock (4/5maateries on fireball clock and gale
Lol ..heal the most essential not included?you're planning to waste gold for pots? GGWP thia is a horrible build tbh [emoji23]

eleasah
05-26-2017, 12:30 PM
I use no heal. I prefer gale, clock, shield and fireball. For me heal is able to give by pots and i miss a skill when i use heal. And bad mage as iam, i mastered not fireball. I mastered clock, gale and shield. And btw, i use gale only 3\5. No armor and no point black. For exampel, for me this is a absolutly useless skillpoint, but lot mages use. So its ok. I think every mage has own build and skills he prefer. I see no need to tell others how horrible or bad this build is. If it work for the person it is ok, no?

Plqgue
05-26-2017, 12:32 PM
Lol ..heal the most essential not included?you're planning to waste gold for pots? GGWP thia is a horrible build tbh [emoji23]

Heal isn't essential at all its a wasted skill slot use potioms gg tho at least you're trying to act like you know how to play your class

Thewolfbull
05-26-2017, 01:48 PM
Hauntlet is better than underhul if you wanna farm kills. You get 62 kills per run, i'm a tank and can do each run in 1:30 mages can probobly do it faster than that.

lissil
05-26-2017, 03:11 PM
I think a lot will agree that what skills mages use depend on the maps they run. At the end of the day, it all boils down to knowing how to use the skill. Some people are comfortable with using gale/ice/clock/shield, some with gale/clock/lightning/shield, some prefer to heal, others don't.

It's better to run with the skill you know how to use than run with skills people are telling you to use but just ruins everything for you.

Also... I don't think you should go around saying that people with 10k kills have bad KDR if you didn't used to run the old Elite maps back when they did deserve the name Elite, not the 1-5 hits elites you can see today. Not to mention the deaths people gained from farming mausoleum from curses back when there was no warning sign for it. Don't go saying people have bad KDR since you admitted it yourself that you haven't tried running the newer maps.

And yes, I do have 20k deaths. Some are my fault, some are just because I always lag badly, some are silly mistakes. Yet, I know a few people who love running with me. KDR doesn't define how a good a player is anyway, especially in PvE. All of those doesn't bother me at all. And others shouldn't be so KDR conscious either to the point of not running harder maps just because they are afraid it will ruin their KDR. Just saying.

lissil
05-26-2017, 03:17 PM
I think a lot will agree that what skills mages use depend on the maps they run. At the end of the day, it all boils down to knowing how to use the skill. Some people are comfortable with using gale/ice/clock/shield, some with gale/clock/lightning/shield, some prefer to heal, others don't.

It's better to run with the skill you know how to use than run with skills people are telling you to use but just ruins everything for you.

lissil
05-26-2017, 03:28 PM
Also... I don't think you should go around saying that people with 10k kills have bad KDR if you didn't used to run the old Elite maps back when they did deserve the name Elite, not the 1-5 hits elites you can see today. Not to mention the deaths people gained from farming mausoleum from curses back when there was no warning sign for it. After all, you admitted it yourself that you haven't been running the new maps.

I do have 20k deaths. Some are from my own fault, some are just because I lag all the time, some are from silly mistakes. Yet I know a lot of players who don't mind running with others with "bad KDR" because it simply doesn't reflect how good a player is, especially in PvE.

People should just stop being too KDR conscious to the point of not running hard maps because it will ruin their record. What's the point of having a good KDR if everyone know it's all from easy kills. No one can say which all of their kills came from so might as well do what Thewolfbull said and run hauntlet if it's all about showing off one's KDR.

lissil
05-26-2017, 03:30 PM
Also... I don't think you should go around saying that people with 10k kills have bad KDR if you didn't used to run the old Elite maps back when they did deserve the name Elite, not the 1-5 hits elites you can see today. Not to mention the deaths people gained from farming mausoleum from curses back when there was no warning sign for it. After all, you admitted it yourself that you haven't been running the new maps.

I do have 20k deaths. Some are from my own fault, some are just because I lag all the time, some are from silly mistakes. Yet I know a lot of players who don't mind running with others with "bad KDR" because it simply doesn't reflect how good a player is, especially in PvE.

lissil
05-26-2017, 03:32 PM
People should just stop being too KDR conscious to the point of not running hard maps because it will ruin their record. What's the point of having a good KDR if everyone know it's all from easy kills. No one can say which all of their kills came from so might as well do what Thewolfbull said and run hauntlet if it's all about showing off one's KDR.

(I had to cut my reply to multiple comments to avoid the mod bot)

lissil
05-26-2017, 03:34 PM

boohgey
05-26-2017, 07:01 PM
I use no heal. I prefer gale, clock, shield and fireball. For me heal is able to give by pots and i miss a skill when i use heal. And bad mage as iam, i mastered not fireball. I mastered clock, gale and shield. And btw, i use gale only 3\5. No armor and no point black. For exampel, for me this is a absolutly useless skillpoint, but lot mages use. So its ok. I think every mage has own build and skills he prefer. I see no need to tell others how horrible or bad this build is. If it work for the person it is ok, no?
You don't know how to timing :-)

Too defensive about kdr XD there's no need for me to argue..

boohgey
05-26-2017, 07:05 PM
Heal isn't essential at all its a wasted skill slot use potioms gg tho at least you're trying to act like you know how to play your class
The waste is the gold you spent for pots :-)

boohgey
05-26-2017, 07:54 PM

Solo.runs I. UNDERHUL isn't easy :-) too defensive about kdr..you already ahve a bad one...no need to argue [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

boohgey
05-26-2017, 07:56 PM
@lissil don't be too defensive about PVE kdr XD I know you already have a bad one..noo need to argue...also, Solo.runs in Underhul isn't easy at all

mrshield
05-26-2017, 08:22 PM
Your the one who need to learn the real PVE build for mage :D

Killnzonex
05-26-2017, 08:37 PM
Good point but just that mage sucks dddddd

boohgey
05-26-2017, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the criticisms pros [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

saik1993
05-26-2017, 10:27 PM
@lissil don't be too defensive about PVE kdr XD I know you already have a bad one..noo need to argue...also, Solo.runs in Underhul isn't easy at all

New gear from this expansion have almost doubled armor and damage. Please do tell us more about how "hard" it is to solo underhul this season.

Also there's no point in boasting about your kdr when you don't even run harder maps. I've seen some mages in mauso 5 and 6 with good kdr maybe learn from them how to "pve mage" for all maps not just underhul.

mrshield
05-26-2017, 10:46 PM
New gear from this expansion have almost doubled armor and damage. Please do tell us more about how "hard" it is to solo underhul this season.

Also there's no point in boasting about your kdr when you don't even run harder maps. I've seen some mages in mauso 5 and 6 with good kdr maybe learn from them how to "pve mage" for all maps not just underhul.

Yes yes yes hahaha. Kdr lover :> . Well elite esg is easy now sooo easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Plqgue
05-27-2017, 10:11 AM
The waste is the gold you spent for pots :-)

Potions don't cost much especially when I'm making 5-10X what I spent on 500 of each per rum.... maybe you'd know this if you weren't just running one of the easiest Maps to play ..

illwilly
05-27-2017, 12:06 PM

I will argue. Iissil has good kdr, no idea what it is, but myself have over 5k deaths on main mage (proud of every one of em, over 1k achived when planar toombs was new and impossible, rest in hard elites).I allso have some 0 death mages, but have low aps and not on lb like Iissil is.

Solo runs as mage in underhul is supereasy imo. But then i have farmed Banished set, wich cost a few deaths lol.

lissil
05-27-2017, 12:47 PM

It is not about being defensive about KDR. I'm outright stating it's pointless since those PvE kills can be earned easily if one just invests the time for it. Scratch that, not even time, because we all know that can be botted until now.

Forgot to mention, quality by saying 10k deaths is bad KDR isn't accurate at all. Quality is all about which maps those numbers came from. If all of it comes from easy maps, it's just pure quantity.

lissil
05-27-2017, 12:49 PM

Agree. I'm pretty sure a lot will agree too. Underhul have become easy even before the level 61 expansion. Imagine how easy it is now to a level 61 mage.

abigailsl
05-27-2017, 10:41 PM
I've played since day one and felt gale is a useless skill since jarl crates. Just my opinion

abigailsl
05-27-2017, 10:49 PM
Trade that gale for lightning and u may deal damage to bosses helps sometimes.

deepcy
05-28-2017, 01:21 AM
Agree.. dont judge a pve player by their number of deaths..

Sent from my SM-J120H using Tapatalk

Fredystern
05-29-2017, 11:42 PM
Rly? Heal and gale??
Its pointess to use heal while you can use pots, same to gale its pointless you use gale just to stun them for 2-3s while you could use ice to freeze them longer and keep spamming fire and ice, ice got higher damage too than gale, faster cd, gale mastery pointless while you got antistun from shield. And why using mm while you can use nekro, nekro shield prevent us from stun toi
If i was you ill just use fireball,ice,shield/lightning, and clock. 1-3 skill cycle will kill alot of mobs while they cant get near to you

eugene9707
05-30-2017, 01:06 AM
Eh, i personally find gale and its mastery useful as a mage who doesn't use shield....

Also, gale stun and ice freeze, they work on different mobs, good luck trying to freeze the curse mage in mausoleum.....
Yes, I know FB works too, but you can alternate when one's on cool down.

Side note, my gale mastery removes curse, let's see if any of your shields can do that? :p
Note: nilbog doesn't count as shield

lissil
05-30-2017, 04:23 AM
Eh, i personally find gale and its mastery useful as a mage who doesn't use shield....

Also, gale stun and ice freeze, they work on different mobs, good luck trying to freeze the curse mage in mausoleum.....

Side note, my gale mastery removes curse, let's see if any of your shields can do that? [emoji14]
Shield doesn't need mastery to remove curse. It does it without any mastery at all.

eugene9707
05-30-2017, 09:54 AM
Shield doesn't need mastery to remove curse. It does it without any mastery at all.

While that is true, you can still get cursed with shield on. While gale actively removes debuff (which includes curse) for 4 second.
Not to mention the cool down time difference.

eugene9707
05-30-2017, 11:31 AM
Shield if nott charged is the only time you'll get cursed with shield up.

Hmm... Interesting, i'll give it a check when I have time later

Eagle Eye229
05-30-2017, 11:54 AM
Mages are hands down the most entertaining class to play as, not just in AL, but EVA!

Im wishing for arcane item or the like that can augment our curse to be effective like Maus mages ;).

Have fun everyone !

Ign: Archonmage

boohgey
05-30-2017, 12:08 PM
Mages are hands down the most entertaining class to play as, not just in AL, but EVA!

Im wishing for arcane item or the like that can augment our curse to be effective like Maus mages ;).

Have fun everyone !

Ign: Archonmage
Absolutely [emoji818]

msustro
05-30-2017, 02:38 PM
Gale with just a single point in mastery is good enough to neutralize curse as soon as you see the enemy casting. Then full clock and shield mastery lets you handle everything else :)

Plqgue
05-31-2017, 01:44 AM

Side note, my gale mastery removes curse, let's see if any of your shields can do that? :p

Charged arcane shield does remove curse

runagain
05-31-2017, 07:03 AM
Go try to use heal and heal urself in Mausoleum 5-6, get all agrro at you and gg another ankh wasted. Anyway, heal is IMO the most wasted skill in PvE (besides curse) since u got potions.. the ankhs u waste by using heal is way more than Just buying pots lmao.. anyway ty for sharing your build...

Anyway this is my build..

This is my build for Mausoleum.

Base Points
-All into points into STR

Skills
-FB: 1-2-3
-Gale: 1-2-3-4 ( if u use Speedset go 1-2-4)
-Clock: 1-2-3-4
-Shield: 1-3-4 (without wave)
-Ice: 1-2 (if u use Speedset also unlock 4)

Passives
-5/5 Might
-5/5 Durable
-5/5 Agility
-5/5 Knowledge

Mastery
-10/10 Gale
-10/10 or 9/10 Clock

This is for a non- Voice set player..