PDA

View Full Version : Please post all ideas/suggestions/comments/extra features here.

Flamin
04-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Please take your time and read my entire post before posting any comments or criticism, I also would highly appreciate if developers would take a look at my post.

Everyone please post your ideas/suggestions/comments/features etc..... on this thread please.

I know I posted this twice but I wanted a different title.

The cooling bar needs to be accurate.
There needs to be shops at the town, so players can buy equipment in game (because that would be a lot more fun.)
There also needs to be a story mode, quests, worlds to explore, more achievements.
There should be titles that players can add to their name.
There should be different kinds of gold chests.
There needs to be more classes and more skills for each class.
There needs to be more attributes, instead of just dexterity, strength and intelligence.
There also needs to be more different kinds of stats.
Players should be able to create clans and join other clans (basically there should be clans or guilds).
There should be public chat so that everyone can see what you (a player) type.
And there should also be a clan chat, so that only people who are in the same clan as you (a player) are can see what you (a player) type.
And players should also be able to send messages to friends.
There should be pvp modes and clan wars, and things like that where players can fight and put down stakes to see who will win and get the items/gold. About that, there should also be an option so players do not have to place/set any stakes.
There should be a lot more game modes, so that players can have more fun and a never ending fun.
There also needs to be a lot more different kinds of enemies, like dragons, orcs, goblins, ghosts, giant spiders, giants, wargs and several others too.
There needs to be a separate virtually button for auto attack, because the way auto attack is now, is not working very well, and is glitch.
Another thing is that the game sorting is not working, and joining a friend’s game is also not working.
Players should also be able to invite their friends and other players to join their game, or the game they’re in.
There needs to be more different kinds of equipment like shoes, gloves, cape, rings, bracelets, pocket items, necklaces, and class items.
Players should be able to decide to either display certain equipment so that other players can see them, or hide the items so that the stats still apply but just other players don’t see the item on their character.
Players should also be able to buy dyes so that they can dye different parts of their equipment different colors, according to how they like it.
Players should also get to buy pets, which would help them fight.
Players should be able to trade with other players, and there should also be a confirmation screen so that players don’t get scammed (basically just make the trading safe).
There also need to be a larger variety of all equipment in general.
There needs to be a bank so that players can store their items (this would be nice).
The max level needs to be a lot higher (something like level 120).
Players should also be able to change their character names, and customize their character looks and gender.
There really needs to be a story mode with quests and stuff, like in all the other mmorpg games.
There also really needs to be some pvp modes and clans.
The helmet needs to actually display itself and be visual instead of hidden.
When players view other players, they should be able to view their equipment and what their equipment is called.
There definitely needs to be more achievements and different kinds of achievements too.
Players should be able to earn titles through achievements and be able to choose a title out of what they have earned to add it to their name (like “John the necromancer”). And different titles should give different bonus stats.
And when players earn achievements they should also get a reward, like a little gold and an item.
There really needs to be different kinds of gold chests, and different kinds of enemies.
At the end of each level players should get a certain amount of stuff/bonuses/items depending on how much they helped/killed during that level.
There should be a sorting option, so the list of games would be listed by dungeon pack.
(DEV TEAM, READ THIS PART PLEASE) The feature I think is the most urgent update and needs to be done the soonest, is sorting game packs so that players can actually find the games they want to join. The second most urgent update that needs to be done the soonest is more levels and level packs. And the third is adding all of the ideas and feature suggestions to the town.
There needs to be a pure buff class, where all skills are to give buffs to help other players, like what some of the enchantress skills are. but the class would be more like a pure healing and some skills to make enemies weaker, but alot more healing skills.
It would be nice if players health and Mana would reset to max before players joins a new game.
There needs to be an option to decreas skill rank and get back some skill points. Because some players decide they dont want to rank up one skill but rather want to rank up a different skill.
players should have to collect keys by doing something (like collecting it through a gold chest or by killing an enemy) to open the door to the boss room, and once they have the key all they have to do it walk up to the boss room door then the door will automatically open (or just disappear). If you guys add in this feature then also add in a map of the level so that players wont get stuck because they can't find a room.
On buffs like blessing of might and skills like that, there needs to be something that tells players the time remaining until the buff no longer is affecting them.
There needs to be an extra tab next to the skills or friends tab that lists the achievments players have earned.
(CRAFTING) Players should be able to do crafting and learn different crafting skills, and level up in crafting, and have to acquire recipes to use for crafting. In crafting, players should be able to make equipment and other things too.
On the crafting there would only be recipees and not any materials needed like Buvet said so that players dont end up with 200 "twigs" and not enough "rocks".
There could be different Vocations.
Scholar: which would be able to produce a wide variety of scrolls, potions, dyes, and other useful items. All recipees that a scholar uses tend to show up as treasure from humanoid foes. recipees can also be obtained from artifacts.
Armorour: Metalsmith, tailor, prospector
Armsman: Woodworker, weaponsmith, prospector
Tinker: Jeweller, cook, prospector
Woodsman: Woodworker, farmer, forester

(Town)
Another thing is that players should be able to go to town and there should be a smith there that can upgrade weapons. To upgrade a weapon, the player should have to kill x amount of enemies with that weapon, and also the smith should charge some gold for each upgrade. I just think this would be a really cool feature.
Also there really needs to be vendors at the town. And a grand exchange or auction house at the town too where players can post things they want to sell and at certain prices, and also view things they want to buy and find the best deal for that item. The town should be alot larger with lots NPCs that give players quests to do.
And if the game gets too complicated for some players you can just like make a advanced town and advanced storymode and other things for players who are more experianced. Like players could unlock new towns with vendors that sell higher level items, as they get to be higher levels. for example once you turn level 15 you unlock the second town. And to add to that each town should have a little different back ground or at least every 3 towns or every other town.
About the pets, There could be a pet shop with a pin and a vendor that sells pets.
When players talk to vendors, a screen should pop up showing the stuff available to purchase with gold. And it should be gold used and not real money.
The town should be a lot bigger area too.
And the thread about Two Impressive Improvments by Garrison, And also the thread about Extra feature by Ezetquiel. And also the thread about Overall suggestions By Dark. These contain very good ideas too.
(I will be posting more things to add to town, Please post your own ideas too)
And also I agree with Avilux, we do need a vote kick. A way to kick a player who is just leeching. An easy update that would make the game more fun is one solo dungeon/level for each level pack.

Well, that’s about all I can think of right now, I also liked several of the other reviews because of their ideas. If someone has anymore ideas just post it here. By the way I am the same person who wrote that review just like this.

PLEASE post all of your ideas below, every single one of them. You can add on to ideas, or say you like them, or put the idea in different words to help other people understand better, and also add on and add more detail to an idea. Anyways PLEASE post all of your suggestions, ideas, comments and questions, and whatever, below.

I will be posting more ideas here soon. View my replies to this thread for more of my ideas. Please post all ideas,suggestions,comments,questions,extra features about the pocket legends game here. And please espesially post if you have a good idea or like some of my ideas.

Flamin
04-14-2010, 06:07 PM
On the loot there should be a need/greed/pass option so that people get the item needed for their class and level. And if two or more people say greed or need then they roll a random dice to see who gets that item. And bosses should have lots more loot.
There should be a separate button for the auto attack.
There needs to be a lot more, a ton more, higher level raids. And as ArtofLife said “I don’t know about you guys, but 2 dollars per 5 levels is way too weird, and 5 levels is too easy to reach. No challenge at all.” And as Sir Darkened says, “With all these packs do you ever plan on having a sale? Also when will the level cap stop? Seeing as $2 per 5 level ups starting at 10. Doing quick math you pay $20 for 50 level ups. So will future packs level higher (IE. 40-50)? As well do you plan on having a double xp weekend or something?”
Basically there needs to be more levels per an expansion, a lot more levels. And also there needs to be a sort/filter play by dungeon pack. It would be cool for some places to have different/multiple floors. There should be events like festivals, +50% xp weekend, discount weekend and stuff like that to keep players interested. Just a suggestion but I think It would be nice if you guys would reply more often to our ideas, suggestions, and questions.
You guys could also add in giants, there could be ice giants for the lost expedition, and there really needs to be inter account trading. A bank could be used for inter account trading, all characters on one account would all share the same bank, would share the same items in the bank. This would be a way to implement two ideas with one stone.
There should be different kinds of armor like light armor for enchantress, medium armor for archer, and heavy armor for warrior. And there should also be a follow option so players can follow other players.
And could you add in Ice giants, and some other different enemies too? And on the lost expidition or another expantion could you make the levels with mutiple floors or something? because that would be really awsome. And also could you add in more than just 5 levels, It should be more like 10 levels or something. Anyway I just hope you consider these comments, ideas and questions, and hopefully relpy to them. I'm a curious person who would really like to know more about upcoming features, expantions and updates.
There should also be a minimap, that would help alot, or just a map of the dungeon that players can pull up. And on the enchantress, players should be able to change gender to enchanter, instead of if players want to be a wizard they dont have to be a female but they can also be a male. Players should be able to change this feature not just when they first create their characters but also later, so that they do not have to create a whole new character to change genders.
The sound effects are not very good they need to be more basic. And with the music, players should be able to use their own itunes library. There should be more achievments, and a larger variety and different kinds of achievments. There should also be bigger parties, instead of just 5 members of a party there should be able to be more. And also it is too easy to accidently remove friends from the freinds list, this definantly needs to be fixed, by adding a confirm option or something saying are you sure you want to remove from this player from your friends list.
There should also be a save password check box. The warrior is way underpowered, it needs to be more of a tank with higher health and area damage.
and as mefiik said "maybe will be better to make bigger party 5+ members and more specific jobs (magic- healer, dark magic... Warrior- dual sword.. etc... you get the point..)"
and another quote of idea is what Rylin said
"-Character Customization
-Trade System, where players can buy, trade, and sell things to other players.
-Invite friends to games
-Mana/Health refreshed upon start of new dungeon
-Form parties/buy equipment/partake in 'mini quests' from npc's in town
-Create Guilds/Clans
-Private messaging
-PvP
-Greater variety of enemies
'Bank' to store items
-Visible Helmet Gear
- more Achievements, and larger variety and different kinds of achievments"
- grand exchange or auction house

The top Four priorities in my opinion. The first is to add a lot, a ton, longer game play (because 25 levels is way to easy to achieve) and the Second is to apply all of the ideas about the town/towns to the town. And the third priority in my opinion is to add a story mode with a huge world and lots of quests and stuff to do (lots more stuff, and things to do too). The fourth priority would be A trading system where players can trade with other players and can also inter account trade too. Because mmorpg games are supposed to be almost impossible to beat.

There should be an option on the forums to be able to change the title of your thread.

Trading system:
1) there should be a grand exchange/auction house in addition to the regular trade, and I would really like to see a separate chat channel for trading, But banning the words WTS and WTB, I do not think is a good idea.
2)Yes there needs to be a confirmation screen, if not two confirmation screens, and if a player takes out an item from the trading box then the other player should have his items that are in the trading box automatically removed and placed back in inventory.
3)there needs to be a full desciption of every item in the trading box, with a comparison so that players can see if the item is any better than the one they have already(like in the inventory when you are viewing a new item)
One more thing is that players should have an option of either dragging items from inventory to the trading box (click then drag then release to put item in trading box), or clicking items from inventory to trading box. [clicking in this case refers to touching]

(I will be posting more ideas here soon, and revising my old ideas)

Morlok
04-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Flamin, lame idea, this isnt Dungeons and Dragons, its an iPod Touch game. But i do think that a private messaging system should be good enough.

setec
04-14-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm going to say no to fishing. :) I fished enough in WoW. As my one friend once put it, regarding WoW, fishing in WoW is a boredom simulator. If I want to fish on my iPhone, there are fishing apps for that. I personally don't see the need for PL IMHO.

Flamin
04-14-2010, 06:59 PM
I have posted some of my other ideas on other threads, just view my account and then view posts.
here is one of them

I agree bosses should drop better items, and the bosses in higher level packs should drop even better items like purple or pink items.

"Sorted by quality:

Trash = grey
Common = white
Uncommon = orange
Rare = green
Epic = purple
Legendary = pink

-ALS "

(Ideas in by other people)
(Quotes)
Originally Posted by Flyingcookie
"Custom titles would be useless imo... We need titles you have to earn, but the game is a bit too simple for titles atm i think =)"
I agree, no custom titles, you have to earn the titles by doing achievments or getting to certain levels or something

Originally Posted by Buvet
"The one thing I'm really looking for is the separation of race and class. I think that if I want to play an ursan Mage, I should be able to. Also, more variety in those areas, right now three classes is just not enough. A fully healing class is very much needed."
I agree with this part, and nice idea.

Originally Posted by Zithorio
"You shouldn't be able to steal stuff from other players! Twice in a row this guy got the last blow to a creature and both creatures dropped blue titled items, none of which he could use and one I could! Infuriating I say inconcievable!!!!"
This is why I suggested the need/greed/pass looting system.

Originally Posted by KronicDecay
"I agree with this. Why not get the titles on our avatar when we get the 200,300,500 kills achievements. What else are they for anyway?"
Ya but player would also get a reward for achievments, and also a stat increase or something. players need to be able to view the achievments they have earned.

BY Philip: "Maybe if u sell item like 'Change Character name' under iTunes store like 1.99 or 2.99, it would make u quite of profit"

Buvet
04-14-2010, 07:17 PM
haha, I was just about to reiterate my ideas when I saw that it was already mentioned xD Good work on this "member white board" so to speak, I think that it really vocalizes what the players want to see in the future of PL.

Flamin
04-14-2010, 07:29 PM
haha, I was just about to reiterate my ideas when I saw that it was already mentioned xD Good work on this "member white board" so to speak, I think that it really vocalizes what the players want to see in the future of PL.

Thankyou Buvet, just try to think of more ideas (if there are any more to list, lol)
By the way did you see the in development page? they are very soon going to release a trading system, and they also said that they are going to greatly improve the trading system in the future. (I just absolutely cannot wait)

Here is some of my posts on other threads that give some ideas.

I agree with this. I want to see this game survive and I would happily part with a 1 time payment of around $10-15 for a 'premium' account or whatever.

But NO subscription!

I agree, there could be a premium account upgrade for like $10-$15 that gives players lots of extra features and stuff. but untill lots of extra features and stuff are thought of and implemented in the game, the game should be like it is now with free new stuff/features/content coming out, and I like the having to pay for expansion packs and the other stuff players have to pay real money for, but the expansions/level packs should be a little cheaper, and to make up the little cheaper, there could be an option for players to be able to change their character name for a price of $2.99 or $1.99 because a changing name feature would make more money for space time studios and would be a nice option for the players too.

Here is another:

im sure ive read somewhere in this forum, future updates will have water.. it be a waste without fishing, lol

ya that was in the ancient swamps level pack (level 30-35). And there should be fishing and there should be proffesions, so that the game will be more like a real mmorpg game (a game that is almost literally impossible to beat, or takes like 10 years to beat). Because if its more ideas and content added to make the game have more content and more features, then it is good. from stuff to do when bored like fishing to stuff to do thats fun like quests, crafting, exploring and killing etc... (content is stuff to do, more complexity and more stuff and more ideas implemented and more items etc...) If its adding features to then game then its good, whether its boring or fun as long as its just stuff to do or content or etc...

Here is another:

Once a good looting system and kicking system comes out then I think that when players create a game they should have an option to chose from different kinds of looting systems and different kinds of kicking systems, this way you guys wont have to try to figure out the best way to adress these systems, you can just make multiple options for players when they create games.

Here is another:

Players should have to be a really high level and pay like $4.99 and about 3000 gold to make a guild, because this way there won't be a million different guilds. but joining a guild should be free, and the leader of the guild or an officer of the guild should have to to confirm requests that players send if they want to join that guild. And there should be a guild chat too. Mentioning chats, I would like to see a trade chat, a wisper chat, a advice chat/Q&A/help chat, and a few others too, if you have anymore ideas related to any of this post please post them on my thread.

Here is another:

I think that what would solve this problem is to make the warrior over powered and a lot better with some really good skills, and add in just a few improvments to the archer class. But what would really solve the problem is a theif/rogue/assassin class and a squirrel as the avatar for that class. so that archer would not be able to use daggers.

Here is a great idea by dakkine:

This might be a little more off in the future but, sounds like fun for players and a money maker for spacetime...

How about making the warrior a little more like a paladin, with some decent self heal skill and maybe a strong shielding (+defense) skill, this would be nice since the war is kinda lame past lvl 13.

Also, everyone loves a thief/assassin class. duel wield daggers, higher % for loot, steal gold, invisibility...

After these new classes the next major update would require maybe 2 new attributes. This would take a little thinking, but the 3 right now could easily be spread out a little more. This would give every character a little more variation and allow for more customized builds.

maybe...

STR
Strength still increases hp
hp regen
damage is more for 1H weps
also slightly for all base damage

DEX
hit %
affects crit
more damage for ranged, 2H weps, duel wield...

AGI (agility)
overall movement speed
attack speed
dodge
slightly improves crit

INT
same old basicaly
magic damage
mana pool size
mp regen

FOC (focus)
slightly improves both hp and mp regen
faster skill cast rate (maybe even skill duration)
very small + hit% and + crit%

Here is another:

Warriors should be tons better, and have a massive area damage skill. The archer class would just have a few improvements. But what I think would really solve this problem. Archers should be archers with lots of damage and dps with bows and not daggers, archers should have very little defence/armor but a reasonable amount of health. Warriors should be warriors like tanks with massive, huge, high damage, and great, huge health and defence/armor, Warriors should absolutely NOT be just underpowered grunts, like they are now. Assassins should be assassins with daggers and massive damage and extremely good dps, with quite a lot of defense but not even close to as much as the warrior, and a little (not a very little) health, assassins should have extreemely good dodging, assassins should have quite a bit less damage than the warrior. Please post your comments about this post.

The warrior and assassin should be better (have higher damage and health and armor and regen) than the enchantress and archer because warriors and assassins are melee and are hit alot more by enemies, exept the assassin would not be hit as much by enemies because assassins would have very high dodge rating/percentage. Esepcially the warrior should have higher regen and a self healing skill (a healing skill kind of like what the healing skill for the archer is now). And I really, really think the avatar for the assassin class should be a squirrel and im leaning toward a non humanoid squirrel because a squirrel's looks are very nice as they are (thanks to mothernature) and they are extemely fast and have extremely good reflexes. I have a squirrel trap and ive seen one squirrel trigger the trap then actually get out before the spring snap the door shut(now that is FAST!). Even my german shepard dog has not ever cought a squirrel(but he has been 2 feet from catching a squirrel though).

Here is another:

Lot distribution is a complete lottery. I wish the system would take things a little bit more into consideration in regards to who have already gotten loot, because if you're only 3-4 players the odds of one person getting most of the loot isn't particularly improbable. I've been in games where others have gotten all the loot, where one person got 4+ pieces in a row and even games where I've been the one getting 4 pieces in a row.. It'd be nicer if having gotten loot lowers your odds of getting it the next time.

For example, if we have four players, and it's random, each person has a 25% chance of getting it. Player A gets the first piece of loot, and so his odds for the next piece of loot goes down to 10%, and the others increase to 30% chance. Player B gets the next piece, so maybe then the two loot-less players each get a 35% chance of getting the third piece of loot, while the two who have already gotten some split the remaining percentage.. And so on. It could still mean Player A gets the first two pieces of loot even if he only had a 10% chance after his first loot, but at least the odds would be a bit more evenly spread out among all the players, instead of there being some games where the random chance ends up falling on one player over and over.

(Reply by Flamin) This is an easy quick idea to implement, would like to see this in the game soon. But later on I would like to see a more advanced looting system which depends on the class and the item class, and also there should be a need/greed/pass system.

Hopefully that is all less than 1000 words.

Buvet
04-14-2010, 07:35 PM
No joke, I am extremely pumped. I hope that they also eventually put up an auction house system of sorts as well, with just a single trade feature it might spam up the town. Not that it wouldn't hurt it to be a little more lively ^^

But that does remind me of one other thing I was thinking about earlier; I would like to see more towns, maybe for higher level characters who know what they're doing. Right now it seems like the town is kind of a "noob" area, with instructions on how everything works.

Have you talked to the human in the south of the town? He mentioned that the human alliance was coming "very soon", and combined the use of all three attributes. Perhaps this is hinting at a new class?

Flamin
04-14-2010, 07:46 PM
No joke, I am extremely pumped. I hope that they also eventually put up an auction house system of sorts as well, with just a single trade feature it might spam up the town. Not that it wouldn't hurt it to be a little more lively ^^

But that does remind me of one other thing I was thinking about earlier; I would like to see more towns, maybe for higher level characters who know what they're doing. Right now it seems like the town is kind of a "noob" area, with instructions on how everything works.

Have you talked to the human in the south of the town? He mentioned that the human alliance was coming "very soon", and combined the use of all three attributes. Perhaps this is hinting at a new class?

On the trading There should be a regular trading system (like trading/buying/selling stuff to friends and people, and a auction house/grand exchange, and a need/greed/pass system.

Here are a few more of my ideas:

Here is a few ideas about the trading system. Please could someone organize and reword this post.

ok ill guess go with a quick basic rough trading system, then in about 1 or 2 weeks, or so, I would like to see a separate chat channel for trading, wisper chat (where you can talk to a specific player), messaging (where you can send players messages when they are online or offline), and there should be a need/greed/pass system, also there should be a different solo level for each class in each dungeon (so players can get items for their own class). Then later on there should be an advanced trading system which includes all our ideas.

two things I think would be easy fixes are that players should get loot according to their class, if two or more players are the same class in a dungeon then it would be just random which player of that class gets the item, or they could say need/greed/pass, then if two or more players say need then the item would randomly go to one of the players that said need.
If that system takes to long to make and is to far in the future then just make it so that players get items according to class and if two or more players are the same class then the item would randomly go to one of the players of that class, or there would be turns on who get the item so that one person does not get most of the items in the dungeon.
If that system takes to long to make and is to far in the future also then there can just be turns on who gets an item, or just a simple need/greed/pass system. And also in the future you guys could make a grand exchange/auction house in addition to the regular trading and looting system. You guys could combine all of these ideas to make it into a ultimate advanced trading and looting system.

Here is another:

Speaking of loot distribution..... I'm sick and tired of these level 1 idiots joining in the crypts levels and taking the loot and not to mention taking the place of someone who can actually help!!!! I'm sorry I'm venting here but something needs to be done about this please.. I lost 3 epic items to a level 1 who just sold them..
(Reply by Flamin) I absolutely agree. I am a level 25 enchantress with 1489 kills and I have not gotten a single purple or pink item, because someone else always gets one. You guys just have to make some kind of better looting system.

Why not just have a simple need/greed/pass system that checks if the "needers" are of the same class that the item requires, and then which of the needers is the closest in level to the item. This way, the person who can use it, gets it! Problem solved! Not that hard people... Then when trade comes out, it would be like killing to spiders with one fly swatter (I don't like the idea of killing birds). As for the "greedy", need overrules unless passed by the player that would have gotten it. And for the passers, well pass the item along until someone doesn't pass. To make it safe, the need/greed/pass function only pops up when all aggro is decommisioned and incapacitated.

(Reply by Flamin) This is very well organized and great idea but Zithorio, could you please edit this, and also explain further. And also, I don't know what you mean and what some of those words mean at the last part of your post. Please may you explain/edit these things.

@ Flamin
What he means is that if someone selects need (they need the item) then they automatically will win the item over someone who selects greed (wants the item to sell, or when trade becomes available greed would also include wanting it for a different character slot). If everyone passes then he suggests just keep passing until someone accepts. In my opinion there isnt even a need for a pass, just need or greed. Currently since it is very easy to sell extra equipment you dont need, this shouldnt be a big problem. Lastly, I believe what he meant was that the need/greed/pass button would not pop up in the heat of battle (and possibly get in your way) but only once battle has been completed and there are no attacking creatures.

(Reply by Flamin) I agree, and thankyou for explaining. But I think there it should be reallyneed/need/greed/pass because:

really need= I need this item for the current character I'm playing on because I'm the right class and level, and I do not have this item, and this item is better than the one I currently have.
need= I need this item for a different one of my characters or I need this item because I want to try it out or if someone has told me if I give them this item they will give me a different item (which is an item i need)
greed= the only reason I would need this item is if I wanted to sell it, or trade it.
pass= Ill just let someone else have this item item because I dont really need it or want it.

Here is another:

Also Guild in this game right now would be rather useless considering that there is no real end game content or Real Comradeship in this game thus far, so far ive played over 15 hours and made only 1 real friend whom i would play with again, the game is too random at this point to even think about having a guild function.

when Spacetime implements more stuff such as free roaming the world and having a giant server to host this giant world that they plan on making then maybe just maybe a guild function would be benificial. but for right now most games are randomized and you run into alot of different players without even speaking a word.

mind that this is my opinion and it really means nothing but i believe there are more important fundamentals that need to be worked out such as making gameplay non-linear and creating a free roam environment ala Ruinscape and or wow to truly make this a MMO RPG. A MMO needs quests as well as rewards for doing them, also a mmo needs diversity to suit many different gamers.

"Players should have to be a really high level and pay like $4.99 and about 3000 gold to make a guild, BECAUSE this way there won't be a million different guilds."

Flamin i believe that that would be a tremendous idea after they work out the fundamental gameplay and world issues.

I agree, especially a free roam world and quests.

Here is another:

Im not sure if its been addressed yet, im sure it has and am sorry for repeating it, but professions make an RPG and RPG, get the miteials make stuff sell stuff, etc etc, this could be incorarated into the current maps without to many problems I would have thought (pardon my inoscents) but you guys have done an amazing job, it seems like you could aculay do anything..

If professions are done correctly it will untilize the aution house, it will make players play lower level maps to get things they require or it will help lower level players as they can sell in the aution house, the game would be epic!
Primary Professions

Alchemy guide
Blacksmithing guide (Could be used to make weapons)
Enchanting guide (Could be used to enchant weapons, or de-enchant)
Engineering guide (Could be used to make bombs, traps, even in the future fix bit in quests)
Inscription guide
Jewelcrafting guide
Leatherworking
Tailoring guide

Gathering Professions

Herbalism guide (Could be used to make buffs for boss quests)
Mining guide (On certain lvls could make it possible to mine certain areas)
Skinning guide

Secondary Professions

Fishing
Cooking
Lockpicking (certain quests could be locked so this profession would be needed to advance)
First Aid (not every quest has a healer, and some you spend loads of potions, this would be great)

I have made notes on ones that would be really cool if they were added. I know its not an over night job to make it possible, just a couple suggestions really.

thanks!

I agree with this, and these are good ideas.

Flamin
04-14-2010, 07:47 PM

you should put this in with the trading system thread in the "In Development" section.

Flamin
04-14-2010, 08:47 PM
There definantly needs to be a map for the levels now. because of the new huge maze level.

_ck
04-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Firstly, I disagree with using the word NEED when giving suggestions. It sounds more like demands than asking nicely.

Secondly, it should be remembered that this is a game for a mobile platform. It can't and never will be able to do all the things you can do in World of Warcraft, or other desktop-based games. This can't be a game that takes up 2 gb of space on your iPhone, or has so much stuff in it that it becomes impossible to play. There are limitations, and lest we forget this is the very first 3D MMO game for this platform. It'll certainly be very interesting and exciting to see how far Spacetime can go with the game in terms of implementing standard features in desktop MMOs, but it's unreasonable to think that this game will or can have all these things.

Buvet
04-14-2010, 09:12 PM
I don't think flamin really seemed like he was making a demand, but I agree that people need to be polite with their requests.

Also, there is a map.

Even though the minimap doesn't show the entire level, I think that part of the fun of going through a maze is not knowing how to get to the exit. It's a just a puzzle that needs to be solved.

Flamin
04-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Where is the map?

setec
04-14-2010, 09:47 PM
I wouldn't mind a button somewhere or even in the menu that was a simple map with just dots showing your position and the position of the other (x) players. That way if you die and are at the beginning of the map, but you don't remember which way is the best to get back to the group, you can consult that map. It would be more of a Group Radar. Just a circle or square with your dot in one color and the other (x) players dots in another color. You then turn the map off and head in that general direction. This can be crucial when you want to get back to the 30m distance within the group so you can start gaining your XP and loot again. There doesn't need to be really any detail on the radar screen. It could be the same for each level. Just a compass to point you to the group. Just a thought.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just realized if you drag the zoom all the way to the right in options you pretty much get what I was talking about.

*Note: I tried finding strike through for to use above but didn't see it.

Flamin
04-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Firstly, I disagree with using the word NEED when giving suggestions. It sounds more like demands than asking nicely.

Secondly, it should be remembered that this is a game for a mobile platform. It can't and never will be able to do all the things you can do in World of Warcraft, or other desktop-based games. This can't be a game that takes up 2 gb of space on your iPhone, or has so much stuff in it that it becomes impossible to play. There are limitations, and lest we forget this is the very first 3D MMO game for this platform. It'll certainly be very interesting and exciting to see how far Spacetime can go with the game in terms of implementing standard features in desktop MMOs, but it's unreasonable to think that this game will or can have all these things.

I don't mean to sound demanding at all. And also I don't expect all of these ideas to be implemented, espeacially the exploring ultimate world one like in all the mmorpgs for the computer. And some of my ideas I expect to be implimented quite a ways into the future, like the crafting one. But most of my ideas like vendors, trading system, and the need/greed/pass system.

KronicDecay
04-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Posting in another thread made me think of this... Will there be any implementation on elemental attacks and resists? For example if a mob has a low resist in fire a fire spell or possibly weapons with fire damage would do more attack than an ice elemental spell or weapon? This would be a great thing to consider if you ever implement pvp in the game as well. Just my thoughts..

SirDarkened
04-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Quoted in here :) that's nice to see.

Please check out my suggestion regarding Attributes and how the current respec system is a little flawed. I'll copy and paste my post when I get on my computer tonight.

One thing they definitely should do is add a Thief class that uses daggers and throwing knives. Their base stat would be LUK.

The current Archer should use bows and crossbows. They could have variations of them that add elemental effects. Ice, fire, and poison.

As well they should have jobs. Ranger and Crossbowman are achieved at level 30 or 40. Depending on the job you pick that is the weapon you master. Ranger (bow) and Crossbowman (crossbow).

darrensmith016
04-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Everyone please post their ideas and suggestions on this thread please.

I know I posted this twice but I wanted a different title.

The game needs to show how much xp a player is getting instead of it just saying “+xp”.
The xp bar needs to list a number of how much xp is left until the next level.
The cooling bar needs to be accurate.
There needs to be shops at the town, so players can buy equipment in game (because that would be a lot more fun.)
There also needs to be a story mode, quests, worlds to explore, more achievements.
There should be titles that players can add to their name.
There should be different kinds of gold chests.
There needs to be more classes and more skills for each class.
There needs to be more attributes, instead of just dexterity, strength and intelligence.
There also needs to be more different kinds of stats.
Players should be able to create clans and join other clans (basically there should be clans or guilds).
There should be public chat so that everyone can see what you (a player) type.
And there should also be a clan chat, so that only people who are in the same clan as you (a player) are can see what you (a player) type.
And players should also be able to send messages to friends.
There should be pvp modes and clan wars, and things like that where players can fight and put down stakes to see who will win and get the items/gold. About that, there should also be an option so players do not have to place/set any stakes.
There should be a lot more game modes, so that players can have more fun and a never ending fun.
There also needs to be a lot more different kinds of enemies, like dragons, orcs, goblins, ghosts, giant spiders, giants, wargs and several others too.
There needs to be a separate virtually button for auto attack, because the way auto attack is now, is not working very well, and is glitch.
Another thing is that the game sorting is not working, and joining a friend’s game is also not working.
Players should also be able to invite their friends and other players to join their game, or the game they’re in.
There needs to be more different kinds of equipment like shoes, gloves, cape, rings, bracelets, pocket items, necklaces, and class items.
Players should be able to decide to either display certain equipment so that other players can see them, or hide the items so that the stats still apply but just other players don’t see the item on their character.
Players should also be able to buy dyes so that they can dye different parts of their equipment different colors, according to how they like it.
Players should also get to buy pets, which would help them fight.
Players should be able to trade with other players, and there should also be a confirmation screen so that players don’t get scammed (basically just make the trading safe).
There also need to be a larger variety of all equipment in general.
There needs to be a bank so that players can store their items (this would be nice).
The max level needs to be a lot higher (something like level 120).
Players should also be able to change their character names, and customize their character looks and gender.
There really needs to be a story mode with quests and stuff, like in all the other mmorpg games.
There also really needs to be some pvp modes and clans.
The helmet needs to actually display itself and be visual instead of hidden.
When players view other players, they should be able to view their equipment and what their equipment is called.
There definitely needs to be more achievements and different kinds of achievements too.
Players should be able to earn titles through achievements and be able to choose a title out of what they have earned to add it to their name (like “John the necromancer”). And different titles should give different bonus stats.
And when players earn achievements they should also get a reward, like a little gold and an item.
There really needs to be different kinds of gold chests, and different kinds of enemies.
At the end of each level players should get a certain amount of stuff/bonuses/items depending on how much they helped/killed during that level.
There should be a sorting option, so the list of games would be listed by dungeon pack.
(DEV TEAM, READ THIS PART PLEASE) The feature I think is the most urgent update and needs to be done the soonest, is sorting game packs so that players can actually find the games they want to join. The second most urgent update that needs to be done the soonest is more levels and level packs. And the third is adding all of the ideas and feature suggestions to the town.
There needs to be a pure buff class, where all skills are to give buffs to help other players, like what some of the enchantress skills are. but the class would be more like a pure healing and some skills to make enemies weaker, but alot more healing skills.
It would be nice if players health and Mana would reset to max before players joins a new game.
There needs to be an option to decreas skill rank and get back some skill points. Because some players decide they dont want to rank up one skill but rather want to rank up a different skill.
players should have to collect keys by doing something (like collecting it through a gold chest or by killing an enemy) to open the door to the boss room, and once they have the key all they have to do it walk up to the boss room door then the door will automatically open (or just disappear). If you guys add in this feature then also add in a map of the level so that players wont get stuck because they can't find a room.
On buffs like blessing of might and skills like that, there needs to be something that tells players the time remaining until the buff no longer is affecting them.
There needs to be an extra tab next to the skills or friends tab that lists the achievments players have earned.
(CRAFTING) Players should be able to do crafting and learn different crafting skills, and level up in crafting, and have to acquire recipes to use for crafting. In crafting, players should be able to make equipment and other things too.
On the crafting there would only be recipees and not any materials needed like Buvet said so that players dont end up with 200 "twigs" and not enough "rocks".
There could be different Vocations.
Scholar: which would be able to produce a wide variety of scrolls, potions, dyes, and other useful items. All recipees that a scholar uses tend to show up as treasure from humanoid foes. recipees can also be obtained from artifacts.
Armorour: Metalsmith, tailor, prospector
Armsman: Woodworker, weaponsmith, prospector
Tinker: Jeweller, cook, prospector
Woodsman: Woodworker, farmer, forester

(Town)
Another thing is that players should be able to go to town and there should be a smith there that can upgrade weapons. To upgrade a weapon, the player should have to kill x amount of enemies with that weapon, and also the smith should charge some gold for each upgrade. I just think this would be a really cool feature.
Also there really needs to be vendors at the town. And a grand exchange or auction house at the town too where players can post things they want to sell and at certain prices, and also view things they want to buy and find the best deal for that item. The town should be alot larger with lots NPCs that give players quests to do.
And if the game gets too complicated for some players you can just like make a advanced town and advanced storymode and other things for players who are more experianced. Like players could unlock new towns with vendors that sell higher level items, as they get to be higher levels. for example once you turn level 15 you unlock the second town. And to add to that each town should have a little different back ground or at least every 3 towns or every other town.
About the pets, There could be a pet shop with a pin and a vendor that sells pets.
When players talk to vendors, a screen should pop up showing the stuff available to purchase with gold. And it should be gold used and not real money.
The town should be a lot bigger area too.
And the thread about Two Impressive Improvments by Garrison, And also the thread about Extra feature by Ezetquiel. And also the thread about Overall suggestions By Dark. These contain very good ideas too.
(I will be posting more things to add to town, Please post your own ideas too)
And also I agree with Avilux, we do need a vote kick. A way to kick a player who is just leeching. An easy update that would make the game more fun is one solo dungeon/level for each level pack.

Well, that’s about all I can think of right now, I also liked several of the other reviews because of their ideas. If someone has anymore ideas just post it here. By the way I am the same person who wrote that review just like this.

PLEASE post all of your ideas below, every single one of them. You can add on to ideas, or say you like them, or put the idea in different words to help other people understand better, and also add on and add more detail to an idea. Anyways PLEASE post all of your suggestions, ideas, comments and questions, and whatever, below.

There is one game i want you to look into lol WoW..

Great list would be amazing if they managed it, im sure they can with what has already been produced

mitchenerjosh
04-15-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the background music is very repetitive. I wish that would change.

setec
04-15-2010, 07:44 PM
It has been suggested that there be a min lvl req for maps. I agree. However, the developer's have stated that they don't want to block people from using content they paid for.

Compromise: restrict the maps to a req appropriate lvl, however, no restrictions in a password protected game. If you want your lvl 5 buddy to tag along in FC maps, then you know what your getting into. And any lvl can play any map if they password protect the game.

Flamin
04-16-2010, 01:02 AM
It has been suggested that there be a min lvl req for maps. I agree. However, the developer's have stated that they don't want to block people from using content they paid for.

Compromise: restrict the maps to a req appropriate lvl, however, no restrictions in a password protected game. If you want your lvl 5 buddy to tag along in FC maps, then you know what your getting into. And any lvl can play any map if they password protect the game.

Instead of that, although that is a very good idea, I think there should be a vote kick system.

setec
04-16-2010, 01:03 AM
Yes, Vote Kick could solve the problem as well, but maybe both could be implemented, that way you are not constantly kicking level 1s out. :)

Flamin
04-16-2010, 01:41 AM
There should (just) or maybe (also) be a custom level restriction. Including votekick.

setec
04-16-2010, 02:44 AM
Suggestion: After completing a set of levels in a map pack (i.e. FC maps), it would be nice if there was an option to play them all over again with the group that you have already. If you find a good group, it would be nice to run through again if ppl in the group are willing. So, at the end there would be EXIT LEVEL or REPLAY WITH THIS GROUP. Just a thought. It is nice when you find a good group to level with.

Flamin
04-16-2010, 03:16 AM
Suggestion: After completing a set of levels in a map pack (i.e. FC maps), it would be nice if there was an option to play them all over again with the group that you have already. If you find a good group, it would be nice to run through again if ppl in the group are willing. So, at the end there would be EXIT LEVEL or REPLAY WITH THIS GROUP. Just a thought. It is nice when you find a good group to level with.

I absolutely agree. Exellent idea, this would also be something quite easy to apply to the game.

Xervitude
04-16-2010, 07:36 AM
Heres something I would like to see - random rare spawns. One out of every 10 time a dungeon is created, have an extra rare boss or mini boss spawn that has a chance of dropping a specialty item or rare loot, or a respec token, or an equipment 'set' piece or something like that. Would be neat :)

Banned
04-16-2010, 07:42 AM
I think a player should be allowed to join any dungeon they chose regardless of level.

Dizko
04-16-2010, 07:52 AM

Yes.

Perfect.

KronicDecay
04-16-2010, 08:21 AM

I do what I used to do in diablo 2. Make a name called crypt1 for example and then the second game called crypt2 etc.. People seem to catch on and normally join the next game

SirDarkened
04-16-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the background music is very repetitive. I wish that would change.

To be honest I don't listen to any music while playing games so things like this never were an issue.

I give +1 to the vote kick option. Or a only host can kick option.

Flamin
04-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Heres something I would like to see - random rare spawns. One out of every 10 time a dungeon is created, have an extra rare boss or mini boss spawn that has a chance of dropping a specialty item or rare loot, or a respec token, or an equipment 'set' piece or something like that. Would be neat :)

yes I agree but it should be more like 1 out of 5 chance. And I also think regular bosses should always drop one purple item.

Flamin
04-16-2010, 08:22 PM
I would never pay real money to make an in-game guild. I would much rather pay even 20k gp to make it.

I agree that it shouldn't be easy to make a guild; in EO you had to have 10 prospective members with you to make the guild.

Yes 20k gold is an option too, and I agree a player wanting to make a guild should have a few other people with him to be able to make the guild.

doot
04-17-2010, 02:30 AM
Are you really replying to your own thread constantly? Can't you just edit your original post? It would make it easier for the devs rather than having to peruse 100 posts by the same person.

setec
04-17-2010, 02:50 AM
I do what I used to do in diablo 2. Make a name called crypt1 for example and then the second game called crypt2 etc.. People seem to catch on and normally join the next game

Yeah, but there are 1000 games to join on here. There is never enough time to coordinate anything with the party before everyone quits the level. And it's very hard to carry on a conversation during battle. Just figured it would be easy.

Cooz
04-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Did a quick search and didn't find this one from this thread: switching weapons. It would be great if you could wield different weapon types (just melee and ranged would be enough) separately and switch between them easily. It's practically impossible now to weaken enemies from distance with a bow and switch into more powerful melee weapon once they reach you.

Flamin
04-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Did a quick search and didn't find this one from this thread: switching weapons. It would be great if you could wield different weapon types (just melee and ranged would be enough) separately and switch between them easily. It's practically impossible now to weaken enemies from distance with a bow and switch into more powerful melee weapon once they reach you.

I absolutely agree.

Flamin
04-17-2010, 07:05 PM
I like the idea that hard bosses should have a higher chance of dropping good items. Over all there should be a 20% drop chance for purple items, and a 10% drop chance for pink items. But for the rest I have a personal fact that I want to tell you. I am a level 29 enchantress and have over 1900 kills and in all that time, I have never, ever, even Seen a pink item be dropped. I have only seen just a few purple items be dropped, and only one time have I ever gotten the item (and it was a purple item I could not use). So I think that the chance for purple and pink items being dropped should be higher, or maybe there is just a bug with my account or character. And also see my thread about the idea for a need/greed/pass system.

Once a good looting system and kicking system comes out then I think that when players create a game they should have an option to chose from different kinds of looting systems and different kinds of kicking systems, this way you guys wont have to try to figure out the best way to adress these systems, you can just make multipule option for players when they create games.

Please just see all of my posts for some of my great ideas, and also look at the thread they are on too.
And more than that, Please post all of other people's and your suggestions and ideas in this thread, even if you or someone have posted it somewhere else already.

Flamin
04-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Check out the technology road thread in the "In Development" forum, it's really really cool.

Flamin
04-20-2010, 02:21 PM
comon people, I know you have more suggestions.

nerdherd
04-20-2010, 03:23 PM
I think this thread has enough ideas that making it longer and even more disorganized isn't going to help anything. We need people posting one or two original, good ideas at a time so that the devs can actually make some sense of the requests being made. Don't get me wrong, I think you have a lot of great ideas in here, and a lot that I would really like to see implemented, but if I was a dev I probably would have stopped reading your first post after seeing just how long it was. That plus the fact that you want everyone to post every idea in a single thread...no thanks :)

euromikeym
07-09-2010, 11:26 PM
Flamin, there is medication you can get to help. You don't need to torture yourself, or us, anymore.

Of the 40 replies in your thread, 17 are from you, 10 of which are you replying to yourself.

What do you think this game is? It runs on mobile devices, designed more and more to use less energy and be more efficient. If even 10% of your ideas were implemented we would need nuclear powered turbo chargers just for our batteries. And then there would be the processing power problems.

WAY, WAY, WAY, Way, way, way over the top. Hold on I could fit a few more ways in there....

No one can even pick their favourite idea out of all that lot.

I dont believe you have even really thought about this you have just compiled a list as long as you could make it.

Cascade
07-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Dude you totally bumped this thread...the last post was April 20th lol

euromikeym
07-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Thanks for letting me know that, Cascade!

I'm still catching up. But that doesn't mean I can't have a say on things I think are important.

Until it gets deleted, a thread is a thread!

Snakespeare
07-11-2010, 12:44 AM
I would like to sort my inventory by level or item type (bow, dagger, crossbow, etc.). With a limit of 50items, I have to liquidate most of what I get, but I do want to keep some, and I can only figure that out by sorting through.

Rare
02-22-2011, 04:15 PM
How's it going? I have a suggestion and it has probably been brought up many times.

Is it possible to show how gear from the auction will affect your stats? Similar to the way it shows when you select it in your inventory?

Thanks,

Atlannie