PDA

View Full Version : Forum Bug

Ebalere
10-14-2011, 02:27 AM
Any one can pick any avatar apparently, I've seen two people now with PL shield avatars like Cinco's and another guy with an SG avatar. A few other people have noticed it too so i'm not mistaken.

JaytB
10-14-2011, 02:52 AM
I noticed that too, but I think it has to do with the fact that you can now use your own pic as avatar. Easy to take a screenshot and use it as avatar.

I think there should be a rule about that though :)

Gluttony
10-14-2011, 03:20 AM
Didn't notice, is it the profile picture or their avatar? If it's the latter then that is a problem and it's happened before with the STS logo (dev impersonation ftw). Anyone can pretty much put anything as a profile picture, but the avatar shows up next to posts in a thread rather than just being viewable on the user's profile. With customization comes problems, it's probably the reason it hasn't been available until now, it was only a matter of time until someone put something they shouldn't have and the whole system has to have restrictions (think auto-mute).

Pigeonss
10-14-2011, 04:07 AM
Example

Cabero
10-14-2011, 04:10 AM
How do you even use a custom avatar?! I don't see a option for it. I been dying to use a custom avatar lol

pigeon
10-14-2011, 04:16 AM
Any one can pick any avatar apparently, I've seen two people now with PL shield avatars like Cinco's and another guy with an SG avatar. A few other people have noticed it too so i'm not mistaken.

I remember telling you about it... and I told myself to PM the devs (to avoid any trouble this could cause) but I forgot to do it. :/

Cabero
10-14-2011, 04:28 AM
Oh I see not going to tell me? lol

Samhayne
10-14-2011, 09:28 AM
This was a bug with a new usergroup I created to give fresh forum members more advice. I forgot to limit their avatar settings (the silly forums gives any new usergroup access to them all by default).

If you see someone with a forum avatar they shouldn't have (like a PL shield or STS logo) please send me a PM, thanks!

Cabero
10-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Why can't we have this feature?

drewcapu
10-14-2011, 09:35 AM
How far back does the bug go? It shouldn't be overly difficulty to check whatever the applicable forum id range is based on join date.

Samhayne
10-14-2011, 10:06 AM
How far back does the bug go? It shouldn't be overly difficulty to check whatever the applicable forum id range is based on join date.

I'm not that great with SQL queries :p