PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to pause and re-read what we type before we hit the submit button

maneut
07-01-2010, 11:44 PM
In real life, I'm very hot headed and very quick and unforgiving with my tongue. I speak my mind too fast very often and hurt those around me... well, you get the idea.

Many times I regard what I said the next day.

In real life there's no Delete or Backspace to fall back on, unlike the internet.. we actually have a lot of time to compose, spell check and do whatever before we hit the Submit button.

Anyways, trying to make everyone happy is impossible but we can all try to be a bit more friendly :)

Put yourself in the shoes of the person that you're replying to either about their comments or suggestion and see how you feel.

If you truly feel that your reply is acceptable and does not cause you hurt or grievances then you can hit the submit button.

If it sounds too harsh, take a moment to try and rephrase it in a way that even you would accept it :)

If you can't come up with a suitable comment or answer at the moment without invoking world war 3, than perhaps you can save the comment for another day when you are eh.. more peaceful.

Peace.