PDA

View Full Version : iOS 5 wifi issue

memorybox
10-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Hey guys and gals, new to the forum, but been playing the game since the release. Every since I updated to ios 5, while I'm in the game, I lose wifi connection. I can have my phone right beside my router, and it still loses wifi connection while playing. I have noticed before i open the game, i have full wifi, then about 30 seconds in, my ping starts going up. When i exit the app, it shows 3G then immediately goes back to wifi. I don't know if it's an apple bug or what, but thought I would share it. I have reset my wireless settings on my phone, hard reset, rebooted my equipment, but no luck. Have any of you experienced this issue? Know of a fix? Thank you!

Egoz
10-17-2011, 03:15 PM
I've seen this. I didn't know if it's because of IOS5 or my new iPhone4s.
I didn't notice it on my 3GS after updating it to OS5, but I didn't play much in those few days between upgrading the old phone and receiving the new one.

I did an experiment with my 4s looking at the WiFi signal. While upright, the signal is fairly strong. When I turn it 90 degrees (like I hold it when playing PL or SL), I lose a bar or two of signal strength. That's why I was thinking it was the phone, but maybe I'm wrong.

Anyone else notice this?