PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Mount Fang and the Level Cap Raise

Samhayne
10-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Since we announced that the next content release to Pocket Legends, Mount Fang, would raise the level cap to 65 (66 for the elite) we have seen player concerns about how quickly this level cap raise is coming, compared to the timing between the Balefort Sewers content and Nuri's Hallows.

Honestly, the long length of time between Balefort Sewers and Nuri’s Hallows was more a result of the release of Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles than anything else. It was a bit of a bottleneck for us, but we've increased our capabilities now and we want to more frequently add fun new content to Pocket Legends. PL is our first love, and we want to keep it fresh and fun! Of course, we want to do that in the best way possible. We are also looking at the leveling curve along with the experience needed to level and average time involved. Our aim is to have new levels as fun, obtainable goals with meaningful rewards associated with them. To address your timing concerns, we are moving the Mount Fang expansion out to later. The exact "when" is still to be determined, but suffice to say, we hear you.

In the meantime, we're very excited to roll out the Halloween Event (along with new additions added to last year’s Halloween content) which could now arrive as early as next week.

As always, we are very appreciative of the support and feedback that you, our fans, give us. We look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Ayc2000
10-14-2011, 10:33 AM
yay!!!!
so it will still be in the months ahead? :) good call XD

Skeletonlord
10-14-2011, 10:40 AM
cant wait
so no lvl requirement for the halloween event?

Josephjackson
10-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Awesome.

PersianLord
10-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Nice move thank you STS for hearing us :)

Ayc2000
10-14-2011, 10:46 AM
cant wait
so no lvl requirement for the halloween event?
i don't think there is

Nick41324
10-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Since there is no lvl requirement, will there be lvl 10-60 items? Or starting at 20 again??

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
10-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Wohhooo!!!!

adidaman
10-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Shouldve just released mount dang

Ghastly
10-14-2011, 10:54 AM
I
Told
You!
STS
Gots
This
Shiz
Down!

Darkfader
10-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Amen.

ocagrevy
10-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Im glad i picked up thoes demonic sets for super cheap now... kinda sux for the players that i bought them from but i guess not everyone can win everytime.

Kakatoa91
10-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Ah great.
Didnt had anything against mt fang comin sooner eventough im still 3/4 from 61 and that would have left my cop orphan of the shield.

End of year so busy. Halloween, xmas and mt fang.

Thx for letting us digest a bit more Nuri.

StompArtist
10-14-2011, 11:12 AM
None of this would be happening if there was no elite reward. :D

JulsAngel
10-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Thank you STS! I'm glad to see u care about us.

One question?

What happened to the non elixir elite player letter boards? I'm grinding my way to 61 w/o elixirs. XD

Flickz
10-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Can we get a least the month of the release? Like november since there won't be an event that month instead of pushing it all the way to next year.

shadowthehedgehog
10-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Good

onemadzhau
10-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Bad move I believe we sold are sets cause you said it was coming out, love the game but frustrated with decision making and false announcements what is gonna be so hardcore about lvl 60 to 61 when everyone has it oh well time to liquidate my stuff and hibernate till I decide to come back :(

Elyseon
10-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Thx so much, love ya PL

JaytB
10-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Happy to see you guys keep listening to your community and act accordingly. Looking forward to the Halloween event!! :D

StompArtist
10-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Since we announced that the next content release to Pocket Legends, Mount Fang, would raise the level cap to 65 (66 for the elite) we have seen player concerns about how quickly this level cap raise is coming, compared to the timing between the Balefort Sewers content and Nuri's Hallows.

Honestly, the long length of time between Balefort Sewers and Nuri’s Hallows was more a result of the release of Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles than anything else. It was a bit of a bottleneck for us, but we've increased our capabilities now and we want to more frequently add fun new content to Pocket Legends. PL is our first love, and we want to keep it fresh and fun! Of course, we want to do that in the best way possible. We are also looking at the leveling curve along with the experience needed to level and average time involved. Our aim is to have new levels as fun, obtainable goals with meaningful rewards associated with them. To address your timing concerns, we are moving the Mount Fang expansion out to later. The exact "when" is still to be determined, but suffice to say, we hear you.

In the meantime, we're very excited to roll out the Halloween Event (along with new additions added to last year’s Halloween content) which could now arrive as early as next week.

As always, we are very appreciative of the support and feedback that you, our fans, give us. We look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Moving foward I would like to suggest the idea of Elite rewards being time based so, for example, when new cap is released it is announced that elite evel cap reward will only be obtainable for the first 2 months instead of "until the next level cap" that way players would know what to expect... After that, new content or not, the reward goes away.

Samhayne
10-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Bad move I believe we sold are sets cause you said it was coming out, love the game but frustrated with decision making and false announcements what is gonna be so hardcore about lvl 60 to 61 when everyone has it oh well time to liquidate my stuff and hibernate till I decide to come back :(

Dammed if we do, dammed if we don't. Sorry you feel that way, matey. We try to be as responsive as we can and also to give out the best information that we can, but at the end of the day we know that, sadly, we can't please everyone.

StompArtist
10-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Dammed if we do, dammed if we don't. Sorry you feel that way, matey. We try to be as responsive as we can and also to give out the best information that we can, but at the end of the day we know that, sadly, we can't please everyone.

You could make a version of the game per player! Revenue would take a bit of a hit but no one would complain! :P

PatsoeGamer
10-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Sam youre amazing!

dudetus
10-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Geez. Well the majority of forums has spoken I guess. Even though I'm a bit upset because I sold my stuff for super cheap.

Maybe next time you do a poll before and not after announcing the release of the new content? I'm not the only one who sold everything for super cheap.

JulsAngel
10-14-2011, 11:48 AM

Sorry dude but it's only ur fault. Why rushing into things uhu!!!

I'm very glad sts listened to us.

WoundedEagle
10-14-2011, 12:00 PM
When you wish upon a star........ Now time to find a way to get platinum; 61 here I come!

Nourish
10-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Awesome! :)

xero
10-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks to Sam and devs for hearing the concerns of the community. Stinks to be those that sold thier demonic sets on the cheap in anticipation of mt fang's early release lol... also cant wait for the Halloween event (itll be my first holiday event played lmao)

Keep up the good work ^_^

Ixillicus
10-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Cant wait for halloween!

Ixillicus
10-14-2011, 12:23 PM
Moving foward I would like to suggest the idea of Elite rewards being time based so, for example, when new cap is released it is announced that elite evel cap reward will only be obtainable for the first 2 months instead of "until the next level cap" that way players would know what to expect... After that, new content or not, the reward goes away.

This idea fails if they increase the cap inside the time period. Cuz it would be really easy to get to level 61 if they scaled the XP back down to 10k since the new level cap is out. In which case, it's no longer elite for any reason.

Lysdexic
10-14-2011, 12:26 PM
SWEET! Very good move guys, this will give me time to burn up my plat before buying another round (in which STS deserves!).

onemadzhau
10-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Sorry dude but it's only ur fault. Why rushing into things uhu!!!

I'm very glad sts listened to us. yes I want to say I love the game but it was my fault for going by announcements and Sam its true you are in a tough spot and can't please everyone I can respect that but just I would rather be left in the dark then make the wrong decisions based on what you guys tell us but I Ty for the game and I just need a little break anyways Ty :)

Madspawn
10-14-2011, 12:35 PM
One word... Lame!

AdinoEznite
10-14-2011, 12:45 PM
bring on halloween w00t

and maybe i will go for 61.....

drewcapu
10-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Just some semi-random thoughts...

I don't think having the holiday stuff concurrent with Mt. Fang should be a concern. We had the new swamps out at the same time as last year's Winter Festival and there weren't a ton of complaints. People will choose what to run. There are people who will choose one or the other, or both. Since the Halloween and Winter stuff will most definitely cost plat, some will choose not to do those by default.

If I were to "calculate" when to have Mt. Fang out, I'd do it on some xp per day expectation for "elite". Say, if you expect someone elite to get roughly 1000xp per day, you'd want Mt. Fang to be out roughly 133 days after Nuri was introduced since it takes a little over 133k XP to get from L56 to level cap L61. If you expect 2k xp for elite, then 66 days after Nuri was introduced. etc etc.

For future campaigns / level cap raises, it would be helpful to get some kind of rough timeline based on this concept of an expected xp/day goal. This way, both devs and players alike can have even more motivation in preparation for "What's Next".

AdinoEznite
10-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Just some semi-random thoughts...

I don't think having the holiday stuff concurrent with Mt. Fang should be a concern. We had the new swamps out at the same time as last year's Winter Festival and there weren't a ton of complaints. People will choose what to run. There are people who will choose one or the other, or both. Since the Halloween and Winter stuff will most definitely cost plat, some will choose not to do those by default.

If I were to "calculate" when to have Mt. Fang out, I'd do it on some xp per day expectation for "elite". Say, if you expect someone elite to get roughly 1000xp per day, you'd want Mt. Fang to be out roughly 133 days after Nuri was introduced since it takes a little over 133k XP to get from L56 to level cap L61. If you expect 2k xp for elite, then 66 days after Nuri was introduced. etc etc.

For future campaigns / level cap raises, it would be helpful to get some kind of rough timeline based on this concept of an expected xp/day goal. This way, both devs and players alike can have even more motivation in preparation for "What's Next".

the holiday events cost plat o_O
thats news to me

drewcapu
10-14-2011, 12:58 PM
the holiday events cost plat o_O
thats news to me

Well, last year they did.

bronislav84
10-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks STS.

Oh and:
Moving foward I would like to suggest the idea of Elite rewards being time based so, for example, when new cap is released it is announced that elite evel cap reward will only be obtainable for the first 2 months instead of "until the next level cap" that way players would know what to expect... After that, new content or not, the reward goes away.Two months? Might as well take them away then, as these aren't obtainable without major elixir spam and losing sleep. Oh, and people can forget about having a social life, jobs, or doing good in school.

WhoIsThis
10-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Sam, perhaps the idea of releasing Mount Fang without the level cap rise and then adjusting the equipment to be comparable (not superior nor inferior) to the current demonic sets has merit?

On that note, will the new "Dark Legends" cause any bottlenecks?

Technique
10-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Thank god! I was about to quit after blowing all my gold on demonic. Thanks so much for actually listening to your users.

KTpantyhose
10-14-2011, 01:23 PM
can you maybe release it at the end of november? my birthday is on thanksgiving and that'd be a super sweet birthday present ;)

Hankomachos
10-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Great! Thx for listening to us!!!!

pastrychef
10-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks!!!

Samhayne
10-14-2011, 01:51 PM
can you maybe release it at the end of november? my birthday is on thanksgiving and that'd be a super sweet birthday present ;)

Not to derail the thread, but my b-day is on Thanksgiving this year too! Woot!

Duped
10-14-2011, 01:59 PM
VERY smart move IMO. The people who fill up the plat coffers will be happy if you don't wait too long (around 4 months), and the people who won't or can't spend alot of money will be happy if they can achieve it with patience and persistence.

What was a very poor decision was announcing it was coming so soon (I know you can't undo it) but the general outrage, and selling frenzy could have been stopped by using the poll method you have since used. If you don't already, I'd highly suggest a group of regular players to bounce ideas off before making any big announcements. Maybe a small group of people representative of the larger whole, who could be trusted to not tell everyone before its announced (A causal player, a plat-preferred player, a newer one, and an older one).

WoundedEagle
10-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Not to derail the thread, buy my b-day is on Thanksgiving this year too! Woot!
Yay!!!!!! Woot Woot. :)

Ayc2000
10-14-2011, 02:03 PM
pssst, we need to plan a suprise party :o

PL Playa
10-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Ya don tell sam though ;)

Pluto412
10-14-2011, 02:28 PM
lol awsome my b-day is the 24th to!

StompArtist
10-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Thanks STS.

Oh and: Two months? Might as well take them away then, as these aren't obtainable without major elixir spam and losing sleep. Oh, and people can forget about having a social life, jobs, or doing good in school.

2 months was an example. what i am trying to say is that a timeframe to obtain an elite status should be published with the level cap raise.

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
10-14-2011, 02:38 PM

ur lucky if they do! my b-day is in June 2 :(

drewcapu
10-14-2011, 02:44 PM
2 months was an example. what i am trying to say is that a timeframe to obtain an elite status should be published with the level cap raise.

2 months is in the neighborhood of 2k a day.

Definitely hardcore for the non-elixir users.

Elitephonix
10-14-2011, 02:49 PM
WELL TO BAD MY MOM WOULDNT LET ME PLAY/ i wouldve bout the demonics sets but now its like 5mil for a set now ugh

Ghastly
10-14-2011, 02:50 PM

Well congratulations on bein born that day lol!

Jedispartan
10-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Thx for delaying mount fang. More time for me to grind to 61 w/o elixers :)
Cant wait for the halloween event!!

Swimmingstar
10-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Halloween!!!!!! Waiting for Halloween! Halloweeeeen!!!!!!!!!

starjaya
10-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Hohoho.....I LOVE THIS GAME :adoration:

BigTexan
10-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Woah Sam my Son's bday falls on Thanks Giving this year, very cool! And as for listening to the concerns of the average player if I could id give you a bear hug right now but I cant! So this is the best I can do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_PzTxqJEDw

XghostzX
10-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Yes!! this means my demonic gear won't go to waste thanks for the info sam :)

ghost.mw
10-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Thank you, you guys are the best :)

Fyrce
10-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Just a thought:

I think lots of the fast levelers/ super content eaters are also heavy plat spenders, so they actually WILL be the exact ones to eat up the holiday content. For them, these holidays will be full of new releases.

For the ones who might not spend plat to enjoy ALL of the holiday items, they still probably have lots of leveling and farming to do with Nuri's.

I think spacing out releases / new content sounds like a good plan.

DJMdivine
10-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Nice move STS! I am pretty sure the majority of the players that were dedicated before the anouncement are as more than ever happy now to keep treckin along such as myself, But imma speed it up a bit! Cant wait for next weeks halloween update! Im stoked to say the least! Love you guys! :D

angeldawn
10-14-2011, 05:33 PM
UGH!!!
Since the new content will now be held back, does this mean all your apple players have to wait even longer for the join buttons to be fixed? It's already been broke for about 2 months!

xXDamonDXx
10-14-2011, 05:53 PM
UGH!!!
Since the new content will now be held back, does this mean all your apple players have to wait even longer for the join buttons to be fixed? It's already been broke for about 2 months!

This requires an app update i should think, the new content wouldnt have needed that it can be done in patch update.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

saool
10-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Thnx -__________-

Sassinya
10-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Way to go, I guess it's great news, considering new content and level cap affect none of my avatars.

LoveMadrid
10-14-2011, 07:30 PM
STS customer support is always the best :D

Its One of the main reasons i play pl :D

ThePvpTwink
10-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Nice. Waiting for the halloween content to come out so i can get them. :D Hope mt fang is good

Azejiunabad
10-14-2011, 08:44 PM
I appreciate what you say but what about the Elite players we just doddle around waiting? We love the game as well thats why we play it so much and also pay please reconsider the lvl up sooner than later we need something to do we cant be faulted for people who dont lvl asd fast or have the time to lvl as the elite players we love the game we love the action we play for a reason its fun to explore new areas and aspects of the zones you create for us to roam. All im saying in my opinion is that you know there are elite players as well respected fan players, the elites have nothing to do. Maybe should put content in for the Elite players til next upgrade or expansion to keep us busy and also not make the the fans feel left out, I feel like a minority atm cause ppl want you guys to wait til they catch up anyways just an idea to put in an area that only elites can enter as a reward an also something to do to pass the time til others can lvl up and also give you guys a chance to make the game a better place for all thank you for the time and ear for my concerns.....

eric10725
10-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Can at least release new level cap at end of October? Just need a little bit of time to get to lv61...just a little...if you release,my 87k xp will lose.....thanks

Whirlzap
10-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks for listening STS.
Yet again, you've proved to be responsible with the community's choices.

Only one question, when you say an addition to last year's items, does this mean last year's items will be released again?
As in the drops, and the costume rentals, and the pumpkin vanity.
Thinking of Necroreaper's Identity and Brooke's Doll right now.

Raaken
10-14-2011, 11:25 PM
I appreciate what you say but what about the Elite players we just doddle around waiting? We love the game as well thats why we play it so much and also pay please reconsider the lvl up sooner than later we need something to do we cant be faulted for people who dont lvl asd fast or have the time to lvl as the elite players we love the game we love the action we play for a reason its fun to explore new areas and aspects of the zones you create for us to roam. All im saying in my opinion is that you know there are elite players as well respected fan players, the elites have nothing to do. Maybe should put content in for the Elite players til next upgrade or expansion to keep us busy and also not make the the fans feel left out, I feel like a minority atm cause ppl want you guys to wait til they catch up anyways just an idea to put in an area that only elites can enter as a reward an also something to do to pass the time til others can lvl up and also give you guys a chance to make the game a better place for all thank you for the time and ear for my concerns.....

I'm with you on this one, while I really appreciate SS listening to players and getting their feedback I hope they do it before announcements next time.

After hearing about the new map and cap raise at the end of October I spent a heap of time and plat getting my two mains to 61 so I could get the shield. I'm also one of the suckers that sold all my crafting items cheap... Just lucky I pulled my demonic items out of CS in time.

I hope you don't delay the release of Mt Fang and cap raise too long, while I'm happy to spend plat on the halloween event, I won't be buying elixirs until the new map. Keep em coming and keep us spending!

shygurl81
10-15-2011, 01:04 AM
bad bad bad, i thought im just taking a break til mt fang is out but i guess im done with the game!

beester
10-15-2011, 03:10 PM
im going to be very disappointed if they give out the same, or just slightly revamped pumpkin head or halloween bag as last year. idk, i just feel that it wouldn't make my last year event items, that i dearly love, as special..

Colborne
10-15-2011, 03:23 PM
I wanna start out by saying thank you devs. U guys have done a great job with this game. And I appreciate u listening to the players cause it's ultimately us that makes u ur money. Not being rich and screwing up my credit when I was younger makes so I don't have any real way of getting platinum so I rely on free platinum and 2k elix pots to get me to 61. But when there is not enough time set out to do this it seems not to be fair. In my view sts is greedy for money. They make a level so hard that u need to buy elixirs to beat them. Well that sucks for us poor ppl. Just saying. So thanks for extending release date. I appreciate it. It shows that u care:)

onemadzhau
10-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Still lost as to how it wouldn't be enough time lol when u might play for one hour a week or something that's not the fault of the ppl that play a bit more. So a hard core player can get to 61 by playing 1 hr a week lol @ hardcore I feel rewarded now lol

Rare
10-20-2011, 01:28 PM
I'd say between Thanksgiving and Christmas would be great.

I spend my hard earned money on plat and do use elixirs occasionally. However, I see some folks that ALWAYS use them. Don't get me wrong, that's their right and its what makes them happy. They do not represent a large portion of the Alterran population though. That should be kept in mind.

Onaraasider
10-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Thnx Sam, all I need is maybe a month but make as long as u want

Onaraasider
10-21-2011, 05:21 PM
I'd say between Thanksgiving and Christmas would be great.

I spend my hard earned money on plat and do use elixirs occasionally. However, I see some folks that ALWAYS use them. Don't get me wrong, that's their right and its what makes them happy. They do not represent a large portion of the Alterran population though. That should be kept in mind.
Dedinetly great idea :p

Kelstrick
10-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Just visited the Fallen Prince in Nuri's Hallows and he said shields are no longer available b/c the cap had been raised to 66. I have to admit, I've been traveling this week and haven't kept up on the forums so I may have missed an announcement, however I thought Jan won in the polls for when we would like Mt Fang to come out and that the community overall voted 69% for a later than Oct release date.

Or is the Fallen Prince just slightly confused as I can't find any announcement regarding a firm date for the level cap rise or Mt Fang here?

Nitzo
10-22-2011, 02:16 AM
Just visited the Fallen Prince in Nuri's Hallows and he said shields are no longer available b/c the cap had been raised to 66. I have to admit, I've been traveling this week and haven't kept up on the forums so I may have missed an announcement, however I thought Jan won in the polls for when we would like Mt Fang to come out and that the community overall voted 69% for a later than Oct release date.

Or is the Fallen Prince just slightly confused as I can't find any announcement regarding a firm date for the level cap rise or Mt Fang here?

Dont worry, Its a bug thats going to be fixed:)

Elixir_Withdrawal
11-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Thanks!

Southriver
11-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Please don't raise level cap after MT fang for awhile

JaytB
11-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Please don't raise level cap after MT fang for awhile

I'm sure I read somewhere were devs mentioned 2-3months between level caps from now on, or at least that was the plan or something :)

Ladyviviane
11-10-2011, 02:41 PM
only 55000 xp to go yay !:watermelon:

Skeletonlord
11-10-2011, 02:53 PM
only 55000 xp to go yay !:watermelon:

Lol hope you make it!

Ladyviviane
11-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Lol hope you make it!
Hope so ��

Snub
11-14-2011, 06:19 PM
I will likely be the only person to complain…

I put in a lot of hours to gain level 61. I mean just level 60-61 was 100,000 xp (Not that it was hard). Also, I spent a lot of gold and time gaining my level 60 set of armor.

I don’t see the purpose anymore… the level cap increases to fast, it defeats the purpose of even trying to keep up with the jones’. I also don’t find a purpose to purchasing/hunting for the new armors when they are obsolete in 3-6 months.
Wouldn’t it make sense to increase the level cap to 61, then next update introduce a new hunting grounds, perhaps some level 61 armor (not 60…61!). About a year later increase the level cap to 66… so on and so forth.

As it stands now, ill log out for 2 years, come back when the cap is 81…. Level up in 5 days because the XP is ¼ what all the elite people did.

Frankly…
I believe the 4x elixir is a cash cow you guys are milking now. I predict a level increase every 3-6 months forever. Each new increase, 123412 players spend $50 on elixirs. This is a killer business model, but pretty crappy for the player experience.

Since I hit 61 I logged in for all of 10 mins…. No reason to play. No new armor, no new areas…nothing.

increasing level caps so quickly will destroy the economy of equipment. We will never again need to"work" for our gear.

See you all at 81...maybe