PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion : Rmk games

Skeletonlord
10-14-2011, 10:54 AM
if you are doing runs with someone, and the host is going to rematch, it would be really cool to have an option message appearing on your screen saying the host of the game is hosting a run of the same level. would you like to join them? this would be much easier than going into your friendslist and clicking join on the friend

would do you guys think about my idea?

kas3closed
10-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Good idea its alot easier than expanding ur friends list with ppl that wont really be a friend

Carth
10-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Not sure if this has been suggested (Can't search on mobile) but this would be a really awesome feature! I support this!

shadowthehedgehog
10-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Its a good idea :D

drewcapu
10-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Yes, it's been suggested a few times with variations before.

It's still a welcome idea though.

I don't think anybody has actually suggested how the UI would should work though.

For me, the "easiest" way is, if on the world screen after a group has "finished" the map (completely or otherwise), there is a time sensitive Remake button for the Host to click.

If the rest of the group knows that the run will be remade, they *stay* in the dungeon. If they leave, they lose their "spot".

When the Host clicks Remake (which should remember the previous password, if any), a new instance is created, but it does not show up on the Join screen yet.

The players in the previous instance are automatically given first priority with a window that says something like "Join Remake" / "Go to Towne", which supercedes any "Go To Next Level / Go To Towne" buttons.

You get the normal xxx has joined message(s) in the new instance. But you also get a "xxx has declined the remake" (in a different color) if someone chooses to go to Towne, lags out, etc.

Once everyone has chosen one way or the other, the instance then shows up on the Join Screen for others to join if there is now a vacancy.

The host probably could use some kind of button(s) in the new instance in case it's taking too long for some players in the previous run to decide what to do. Something like, "Open game for new players." There could be two buttons in case the Host decides to use the previous password, or make it a password-less run.

Ixillicus
10-14-2011, 12:19 PM
I like the idea. It might be challenging to implement, but the end result is desirable.

Skeletonlord
10-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks for your feedback much apriecaded

csb
10-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Perhaps the host can type a "/rmk" command. And, that would make a popup window like the level complete popup. Then, we can push the "join" button to repeat the level.

Skeletonlord
10-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Perhaps the host can type a "/rmk" command. And, that would make a popup window like the level complete popup. Then, we can push the "join" button to repeat the level.

great idea host types /rmk will rmk automatically

Skeletonlord
10-14-2011, 12:55 PM

great idea host types /rmk will rmk automatically

drewcapu
10-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Having a /rmk command would be nice, but none of the / commands do anything as "complicated" as what would be involved in a remake. For one, none of the / commands involve what essentially ends up moving your character from one place to another.

But hey, if they could make it work that way, even better.

WoundedEagle
10-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Great idea! I was just thinking a simple button that say replay at the end of the level.

ukeewu
10-14-2011, 04:43 PM
search open games by host's nick...it is the fastest way to join. As a frequent host of games with a bloated friend list, this is how i tell people to find the game. i no longer accept friend requests from random people

drewcapu
10-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Great idea! I was just thinking a simple button that say replay at the end of the level.

Except that doesn't work in most cases since people often don't kill everything in rmk games and so the app isn't going to know when to display the button.

search open games by host's nick...it is the fastest way to join. As a frequent host of games with a bloated friend list, this is how i tell people to find the game. i no longer accept friend requests from random people

The point of a true Remake in the UI is so that players don't have to worry about the Join Screen or the Friends List which can often lead to losing your spot. The logic we're talking about in this thread avoids this and would be faster than even the fastest of the fastest Join Screen clicker experts of the universe.

JaytB
10-14-2011, 05:34 PM
+1

I'd love to see some sort of integration in the UI to allow for fast remakes/rejoins while keeping the password intact (so no randoms can join when someone slacks a bit) :)

SuperNas
10-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Like it

Walkhardd
10-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Auto remake...brilliant!

Skeletonlord
10-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Love your idea woundedeagle simple replay button