PDA

View Full Version : From STS' decision of pushing back MT fang - Curious

milikechicken
10-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Okay not trying to be mean or anything, just curious. But Post here if you lost money to STS' first decision. I want to see how many people were affected or gained from this.

~Post how much you lost

Or

~Post if you gained anything? like demonic set for it being cheap and stuff and if u gained demonic/glyph for cheap, state the price of each item u paid and state the item

But, i'll start

I lost 0 , gained 0

Ebalere
10-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Maybe after this fiasco people will stop charging each other more than the dang gold cap for sets.. Lesson learned. One of the main reasons I quit PL is because gear prices were rediculous and for someone that is generous with what little money they do have, these sets are unnattainable.

Hankomachos
10-14-2011, 04:06 PM
That's how an economy works. Like the stock market...

Ebalere
10-14-2011, 04:10 PM

Not sure what you're getting at, but what you said doesnt really apply to me or what I said, soo.. I guess that's directed at melikechicken?

Flickz
10-14-2011, 04:16 PM

Not sure what you're getting at, but what you said doesnt really apply to me or what I said, soo.. I guess that's directed at melikechicken? right lol

Ayc2000
10-14-2011, 04:23 PM
im kindof glad, becuase the sets are now cheaper, and not ridiculous.

Xazic
10-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Gained! Otherwise i would have blown the few mils i used on the demonic set... :&

Fastcast
10-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Sold demon wand set 7.5 mill due to announcement not a loss but i guess a few mill no biggie :)

Cytokinesis
10-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Sold demon wand set 7.5 mill due to announcement not a loss but i guess a few mill no biggie :)
glad to c ur positive attitude about this... :)

Patricks
10-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Mt fang will still be coming out in like a month right? So if u want to mitigate losses, it's still a good idea to sell now. Anyone buying endgame gear now will probably lose money too. Gear will always depreciate with the passage of time unless it's discontinued.

coldwill
10-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Lost about 6 million.

Cytokinesis
10-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Lost about 6 million.
how?

NoobianOfAlterra
10-14-2011, 07:14 PM
how?
Pretty obvious from the discussion, from drop of prices :)

Cytokinesis
10-14-2011, 07:15 PM
but if he sold it then he wouldn't have lost it...

13lacklegionz
10-14-2011, 07:18 PM

Obviously, but how did he lose the money? Like, did you hold onto a demon set too late? Did you buy a strongman/charmin'/obedience set as one of the first people and watch it drop all the way?

That's what he's trying to know.

Moogerfooger
10-14-2011, 07:19 PM
but if he sold it then he wouldn't have lost it...

If it cost him 13 million to purchase/craft it, and sold it for 7m, then he LOST 6 million gold. As in a business loss.

Cytokinesis
10-14-2011, 07:22 PM
If it cost him 13 million to purchase/craft it, and sold it for 7m, then he LOST 6 million gold. As in a business loss.
ok.

-.-

Sassinya
10-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Nothing lost nothing gained here, gratz to those who got their way :-)

Arsenal
10-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Selling the sets was there own choice really, you could have kept to play with in Mount Fang, well not anymore but you get my drift. If people didnt feel the need to sell theirs because theres one listed in cs a bit cheaper, thered be no problem. It was their choice to try and make money back, and the fact that theyd settle for the great loss in money, proves that...well they'd settle for it because they did, so they cant complain to STS for selling their own sets cheap. Anything can happen

pastrychef
10-14-2011, 10:33 PM
I agree with Hankomachos and Arsenal. Personally, I didn't gain, nor did I lose. I didn't freak out and try to sell anything. Sold some para drops for a little less than i could've but no big loss.

Phoenixking
10-14-2011, 10:39 PM
dont really see the big deals they sold and they sold yes it is kind of saddening that you sold an item for a super low price but be glad you sold something lol :P

shygurl81
10-15-2011, 01:11 AM
the only thing i lost is interest... they got me too excited when they announced lvl cap and new map is out later this month and took it back a day or 2 after? come on!

JaytB
10-15-2011, 01:19 AM
Mt fang will still be coming out in like a month right? So if u want to mitigate losses, it's still a good idea to sell now. Anyone buying endgame gear now will probably lose money too. Gear will always depreciate with the passage of time unless it's discontinued.

Seeing that more than 40% of the people want it pushed back to after new-year (see poll results), I'd say it's going to be at least a couple of months before the cap will be raised.

On topic, lost a lot on the announcement, but that's the game. Some you win, some you loose. Gold can always be remade :)

Ellyidol
10-15-2011, 01:24 AM
Lost 0, gained more respect and regard for STS - that was one quick reaction to the community's concerns.

NoobianOfAlterra
10-15-2011, 11:33 AM
LOST *winks at cyto* bout 500k from merching some stuff...it's ok

Zeus
10-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Lost about 16M, but that's the game. It's not a big deal, even though it was about half my savings. Gold can always be remade. I'm just glad I have more time to enjoy Nuri's and level my characters without feeling rushed.

NOTE: I knew when I invested all this money in multiple demonic sets that I would be facing a loss like this. It was NOT a surprise. The sets were an enjoyment and in that regard, they were well worth the lost 16M.

Arsenal
10-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Lost about 16M, but that's the game. It's not a big deal, even though it was about half my savings. Gold can always be remade. I'm just glad I have more time to enjoy Nuri's and level my characters without feeling rushed.

NOTE: I knew when I invested all this money in multiple demonic sets that I would be facing a loss like this. It was NOT a surprise. The sets were an enjoyment and in that regard, they were well worth the lost 16M.
Why cant we all play the game like Parth!

Zeus
10-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Why cant we all play the game like Parth!

Lmao, what do you mean? Plenty of people play the game for enjoyment purposes, or so I would hope. :)

NECROREAPER
10-15-2011, 03:31 PM
I play for teh pumpkinz