PDA

View Full Version : Trade Window

Ydra
06-04-2017, 09:34 PM
Why can we only fit 4 items in the trade window?
It seems to me that increasing that number would reduce the number of scams that take place when involving more than 4 items from a player, not to mention the greater number of options when trading.

Chocolaty
06-04-2017, 10:40 PM
How would increasing the number of items allowed in the trade window lower the possibility of being scamed? To me it would increase the number of scams. The more items the harder it is to see which items got changed. 4 items is enough imo. But again i dont believe in scammers just impatient people. People that dont take a few seconds to see what they are acutely buying, and if it is the item/gold that they agreed to.

Ydra
06-04-2017, 10:46 PM
How would increasing the number of items allowed in the trade window lower the possibility of being scamed? To me it would increase the number of scams. The more items the harder it is to see which items got changed. 4 items is enough imo. But again i dont believe in scammers just impatient people. People that dont take a few seconds to see what they are acutely buying, and if it is the item/gold that they agreed to.

I should've been more clear.
An example of a scam would be:
Player A offers 8 items for 1 item, Player B accepts.
Player A gives 4 items and receives the 1 in return.
Before giving the last 4 items, Player A leaves.

Yes, possible to avoid these scams, but more slots would lower the chances of it happening.

Majin
06-05-2017, 12:02 AM
That will hugely increase more scams with new or inexperienced/impatient
People. As stated above by chocolatey

Chocolaty
06-05-2017, 02:13 AM
I should've been more clear.
An example of a scam would be:
Player A offers 8 items for 1 item, Player B accepts.
Player A gives 4 items and receives the 1 in return.
Before giving the last 4 items, Player A leaves.

Yes, possible to avoid these scams, but more slots would lower the chances of it happening.

If anyone is gullible enough to do a trade like that, im sorry but it's your own fault nobody else's. 4 items in the trade window has worked perfectly fine for years now, why fix something that isn't broken. Mehh what do i know, im a Choco junkie :vwub:

Zeus
06-05-2017, 02:33 AM
The average AL player can only count to 4. Sorry!

Ydra
06-05-2017, 09:05 AM
If anyone is gullible enough to do a trade like that, im sorry but it's your own fault nobody else's. 4 items in the trade window has worked perfectly fine for years now, why fix something that isn't broken. Mehh what do i know, im a Choco junkie :vwub:

Almost all scams are partly fault of the scammed one, but if the scam could be avoided by improving the system, why not improve it then?
Just because something is not broken, it does not mean it couldn't and shouldn't be improved.

Vvildfire
06-05-2017, 09:53 AM
The more items the harder it is to see which items got changed.

I kinda agree with this. I don't play/trade often, but I'm already paranoid enough not being able to see the 4th item in the trade window. It'll be easier to count the amount of items wrong, especially with the scrolling.

Spell
06-05-2017, 02:00 PM
The average AL player can only count to 4. Sorry!

There is no need to belittle the al community as u are part of it too.
If u have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all ^_^

You Mad Or Nah
06-05-2017, 02:34 PM
I kinda agree with this. I don't play/trade often, but I'm already paranoid enough not being able to see the 4th item in the trade window. It'll be easier to count the amount of items wrong, especially with the scrolling.
This is me at all times when trading😳

Ydra
06-05-2017, 03:10 PM

It seems that a lot of people agree with you.

However, with more item slots, you would still have the option to only put 4 items, as you like. It's only if you would rather trade more than 4 that you would use it... So I don't really see that as a problem.

Also, in addition, the trade window could be made larger, to avoid the "paranoid" issue.

Visiting
06-05-2017, 03:11 PM
I think a better system would be the ability to trade items in bulk, such as >100x item< and it show as 1 slot when you trade.

Ydra
06-05-2017, 03:13 PM
I think a better system would be the ability to trade items in bulk, such as >100x item< and it show as 1 slot when you trade.

That would also be a great addition.

> More slots
> Larger window
> Bulk items (+ counter)

Zeus
06-06-2017, 01:59 PM

It's pretty obvious everybody can count beyond 4. Please don't instigate for something that's obviously meant as humorous. Nobody has gotten offended by it, in fact I received a few thanks for the humour.

Visiting
06-06-2017, 02:56 PM
It's pretty obvious everybody can count beyond 4. Please don't instigate for something that's obviously meant as humorous. Nobody has gotten offended by it, in fact I received a few thanks for the humour.

Pls no bully

Plqgue
06-06-2017, 04:23 PM
Big meanie you hurt my feelers

Twerk
06-06-2017, 05:34 PM

Hope this gonna help
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

Ydra
06-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Please keep this thread on topic. Leave emotions elsewhere.

Horme
06-06-2017, 08:14 PM
I think removed trade system will solve many thing including scam, gold seller, or anything else. So, auction is the only one place for player to sell and buy stuffs. A lot of item you can sell in auction, it's providing more slot than trading to someone.

Spell
06-06-2017, 11:39 PM
I think removed trade system will solve many thing including scam, gold seller, or anything else. So, auction is the only one place for player to sell and buy stuffs. A lot of item you can sell in auction, it's providing more slot than trading to someone.

Remove trade system @-@ nuuuuuu its needed !

Avaree
06-07-2017, 05:23 AM

Removing the trade window will do the opposite, plus force the market to plummit (as only way to sell items is thru cs or liquidation), and increase global chat spams.

If you have not noticed, sts implemented a warning pop window several months back, that will be promted if either player in trading changes the item or amount of gold. Its up to the players trading to make sure they correctly read the item they are buying thru trade window, is the original item they intended to buy, and gold amount is correct. There are a few similar items that can be misread for another. I.e., Blight/ blinky.....

Ydra
06-07-2017, 07:06 AM
Removing the trade window will do the opposite, plus force the market to plummit (as only way to sell items is thru cs or liquidation), and increase global chat spams.

If you have not noticed, sts implemented a warning pop window several months back, that will be promted if either player in trading changes the item or amount of gold. Its up to the players trading to make sure they correctly read the item they are buying thru trade window, is the original item they intended to buy, and gold amount is correct. There are a few similar items that can be misread for another. I.e., Blight/ blinky.....

Yes. Trading is one of the main reasons why I play Arcane Legends, and it is crucial to the game's functioning. STS has shown to make some improvements, such as the 'warning' lately. These improvements should continue to be made.

runagain
06-07-2017, 07:50 AM
Why can we only fit 4 items in the trade window?.

Because it's possible

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

crudmudgeon
06-07-2017, 09:11 AM
Almost all scams are partly fault of the scammed one, but if the scam could be avoided by improving the system, why not improve it then?
Just because something is not broken, it does not mean it couldn't and shouldn't be improved.
thats like accusing a robbery victim of carrying too much money, or a rape victim of being too pretty.
the victim is NOT at fault for a crime just because they were an easy target

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

crudmudgeon
06-07-2017, 09:16 AM
ive suggested this myself... no point at all to "private trades".
people have asked for public announcement system to call better... cant scam if no private transactions... cant transfer tween multi accts so less chance of bug abuse... seems like brilliant solution.

Ydra
06-07-2017, 09:48 AM
thats like accusing a robbery victim of carrying too much money, or a rape victim of being too pretty.

Your analogy does not work in this instance.
When being victim of robbery or rape, there is very little one can do. The same does not apply to trades in AL.

When trading, the scammer can only perform his action with the victim's 'consent'/approval (namely, clicking confirm in the trade window (twice , in fact). When being victim of a robbery/rape, one does not have any option on confirming/consenting to the criminal's action.

Chocolaty
06-07-2017, 11:09 AM

Im with Ydra on this one. Your analogy for this situation is horrid.

crudmudgeon
06-07-2017, 11:14 AM
the analogy is accurate... a crime is a crime... phoning an old lady and convincing her to invest in your fake business is just as wrong as intentionally trading fewer or different items than was agreed upon.

why would you ever claim it is up to people to defend themselves at all costs rather than attacking dishonesty.

crudmudgeon
06-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Your analogy does not work in this instance.
When being victim of robbery or rape, there is very little one can do. The same does not apply to trades in AL.

When trading, the scammer can only perform his action with the victim's 'consent'/approval (namely, clicking confirm in the trade window (twice , in fact). When being victim of a robbery/rape, one does not have any option on confirming/consenting to the criminal's action.
i can think of half a dozen things either victim COULD have done to prevent the crime... but why should they have to.

Chocolaty
06-07-2017, 11:30 AM
A crime is a crime, is only applicable in Real life not in pixel land. Like I've said hundreds of times in AL and in dozens of other games if you would only take 5seconds just to check to see what you are really trading for, then there would be no person saying they got "Scammed".

Horme
06-07-2017, 11:32 AM

Yeah, I knew that warning feature has been added to trade system, but that doesn't solve selling gold, selling name or similar problem that can possibly happen with current trade system. If trade got removed as an exchange they can add offer feature in auction, buyer put their gold in auction then if somebody interest with the price that buyer offered, seller can liquidate/trade their item to the buyer via auction. Nobody can cheat the auction too*
-No Gold Seller
-No Name Seller
-No Bot Spammer* (No trading permit anymore)
Wouldn't it be nice?

Ydra
06-07-2017, 11:35 AM
the analogy is accurate... a crime is a crime... phoning an old lady and convincing her to invest in your fake business is just as wrong as intentionally trading fewer or different items than was agreed upon.

why would you ever claim it is up to people to defend themselves at all costs rather than attacking dishonesty.

I am not advocating that the victim is guilty in either case. The victim is innocent in both the robbery/rape and scam scenarios.

What I am demonstrating is that in the scam situation, the victim CAN do something to stop it from happening.
In the robbery/rape situation, the victim CANNOT do anything to stop it from happening.

i can think of half a dozen things either victim COULD have done to prevent the crime... but why should they have to.

In an ideal society, there would be no victims of crimes, so there would be no need to defend yourself. Since neither AL nor real life are ideal societies, crimes happen, and it is to the victims benefit that they defend themselves.

But again, while in the scam scenario the victim has a choice to prevent it from happening, the rape/robbery victim does not WHILE the crime is happening. One victim is defenseless while the other is not.

crudmudgeon
06-07-2017, 12:09 PM
you sir are a terrible person and i pity your soul.
you place blame squarely on the victim to prevent the actions of dishonorable people.
have you heard of the movie "Minority Report"? it involves the imprisonment of psychics for the purpose of predicting when someone INTENDS to commit a crime... are these the lengths we must go to to prevent abuse of a poor system rather than just fixing it?

warmane
06-07-2017, 12:26 PM

Totally agree!

Eagle Eye229
06-07-2017, 12:40 PM
really not sure how someone could even get scammed through trade window.

If i was a beautiful woman i wouldnt walk dark streets or alone

If i was rich enough to buy a turbo mansion i wouldnt run around the hood in a suit.

It really comes to that there are always going to be scammers but(forgive the caps..) these easy targets are that way (at least partially) because PEOPLE DO NOT DO DILIGENCE, and hardly critically think situatuons through.

People just need to EDUCATE themselves, i grew up playing D2 and there wasnt any safety features in trade windows so you learned quick to do your homework.

Thank you for your time and wish all the best,

Ign: Archonmage

Chocolaty
06-07-2017, 12:44 PM
really not sure how someone could even get scammed through trade window.

They dont take 5seconds to see what they trading. Then blame others for their mistakes.

crudmudgeon
06-07-2017, 01:04 PM
you are still defending dishonesty instead of providing a solution to it. your logic boils down to "Its ok to rob someone because they could have avoided that deal". Its fraud, its not ok, and only someone who benefits from such a system would defend it.

Avaree
06-07-2017, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I knew that warning feature has been added to trade system, but that doesn't solve selling gold, selling name or similar problem that can possibly happen with current trade system. If trade got removed as an exchange they can add offer feature in auction, buyer put their gold in auction then if somebody interest with the price that buyer offered, seller can liquidate/trade their item to the buyer via auction. Nobody can cheat the auction too*
-No Gold Seller
-No Name Seller
Wouldn't it be nice?

Adding an option to make an offer is a great idea, however, taking away player to player trade will force a lot more items to be listed, this will flood the market causing prices to fall.

The current trade system will only fail if a player misses the big "warning" prompted window. If a player miss reads after the big "warning window" and item in trade was switched blight for blinky, you can't blame the trade window. I have been scammed by miss reading the slayer 52/54 amulets, but again I was half at fault for not being more thorough.

**Taking away the trade window will not stop black market name sales, or gold sales....**

Ydra
06-07-2017, 01:11 PM
you sir are a terrible person and i pity your soul.
you place blame squarely on the victim to prevent the actions of dishonorable people.
have you heard of the movie "Minority Report"? it involves the imprisonment of psychics for the purpose of predicting when someone INTENDS to commit a crime... are these the lengths we must go to to prevent abuse of a poor system rather than just fixing it?

Please re-read my previous response carefully:

"I am not advocating that the victim is guilty in either case. The victim is innocent in both the robbery/rape and scam scenarios.
What I am demonstrating is that in the scam situation, the victim CAN do something to stop it from happening.
In the robbery/rape situation, the victim CANNOT do anything to stop it from happening"

Also no need to appeal to emotion. An objective discussion is far more productive.

And remember: the main reason I made this thread was to provide an idea to protect players from being scammed.

Chocolaty
06-07-2017, 01:32 PM
you are still defending dishonesty instead of providing a solution to it. your logic boils down to "Its ok to rob someone because they could have avoided that deal". Its fraud, its not ok, and only someone who benefits from such a system would defend it.

Ignorance is bliss, i envy you.

crudmudgeon
06-07-2017, 01:35 PM
you aren't just saying the victim CAN prevent it, you are supporting the idea that the intended victim MUST prevent it... and if they don't then it is their fault.

you re-read and follow the logic. its not right. system should be dumped... not tweaked

crudmudgeon
06-07-2017, 01:37 PM
-No Gold Seller
-No Name Seller
Wouldn't it be nice?
+1 = out of likes

crudmudgeon
06-07-2017, 01:39 PM
edited - bullcrap

Ydra
06-07-2017, 01:40 PM
you aren't just saying the victim CAN prevent it, you are supporting the idea that the intended victim MUST prevent it... and if they don't then it is their fault.

you re-read and follow the logic. its not right. system should be dumped... not tweaked

I'm sure the system can improved rather than outright dumped.
Following your logic, everyone should theoretically burn their money because some robberies happen.
I don't agree that dumping trading is the best solution.

crudmudgeon
06-07-2017, 01:43 PM
I'm sure the system can improved rather than outright dumped.
Following your logic, everyone should theoretically burn their money because some robberies happen.
I don't agree that dumping trading is the best solution.
your interpretation of my logic is... questionable. i dont suggest not using currency because the bank is corrupt. i say fix the broken system man... an actual fix would cut the STS support emails >50% im sure.

crudmudgeon
06-07-2017, 01:45 PM
Edit - useless