PDA

View Full Version : Rename my toons for me guys! Need ideas! Contest :)

AbsolutePally
10-14-2011, 10:20 PM
CONTEST!!!!!!!

What happened:
Here is the story in a nut shell. All my toons have been renamed. Including my main Alwaysdtf (lvl 61 mage). Bearydtf (lvl 60 bear), Bearlydtf (lvl 10 bear), dtfbaby (lvl 21 mage), and dtfxrose (lvl 35 mage.)

What can you do to help:
I need your help coming up with new names for them. (My 60 bear is already renamed btw, back to Twentyfoursev since that is the name I was when I went to semi finals in sewer bear tournie. So will not be needing one there *or my main*.)

What is in it for you- PRIZES:
I am giving away 150k to the winner of each rename! Total of three names to be done. Quick easy way for anyone to make a quick buck ;)

What to do:
Simple. Post the name of the renamed char along with its level and class then add your suggested name to it!!
*Rename the following: Bearlydtf, Dtfbaby, Dtfxrose*
FORMAT:
*For example: Bearlydtf lvl 10 bear "your idea"*

Rules:
1) Keep the names appropriate.
2) Limit three names per each toon per person. So total of 9 suggestions.
3) Time frame is until I see one that fits.
4) Names must not be taken.
5) Must follow the format above.
6) Names must FIT!! There is a character limit. (please verify 12?)

*Money will be paid in game so make sure you have your in game character in your post and I'll contact you here so you can collect your prize winnings*

-Thanks, Forever Alwaysdtf.

13lacklegionz
10-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Sorry to hear that. :(

Names:

Alwaysdtf = Alwayswinning Alwayslmao Alwaysrofl

Bearlydtf = Bearlywinning Bearlylmao Bearlyrofl

Dtfbaby = Getsomebaby Tonightbaby Letsdothisbaby

Dtfxrose = Winningxrose Owningxrose Tonightxrose

Necrobane
10-14-2011, 10:37 PM
You type "Bearlydtf" for 2 characters :P My suggestions are: Mindpoison and Skybyte

Ebalere
10-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Wonder if they watch Jersey Shore or someone reported ya..

Lv.60 bear = Fistpump

ZAurbanSQWRL
10-14-2011, 11:10 PM
Dtfbaby lvl 21 mage: my idea Skiitles or DAurbanBEAR!

Zeus
10-14-2011, 11:14 PM
VoraciousBird

Kleptomaniac

LikeaGSix.

NotoriousElf

Malfeasance

Alwaysflirting

Alwaysfliratious

Nefariousone

Downtofight

FrankenElf

Fixmeup

Bodyshots

PromiscuousElf

AbsolutePally
10-14-2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks! Edited :)

Whirlzap
10-14-2011, 11:18 PM
CONTEST!!!!!!!

What happened:
Here is the story in a nut shell. All my toons have been renamed. Including my main Alwaysdtf (lvl 61 mage). Bearydtf (lvl 60 bear), Bearlydtf (lvl 10 bear), dtfbaby (lvl 21 mage), and dtfxrose (lvl 35 mage.)

What can you do to help:
I need your help coming up with new names for them. (My 60 bear is already renamed btw, back to Twentyfoursev since that is the name I was when I went to semi finals in sewer bear tournie. So will not be needing one there *or my main*.)

What is in it for you- PRIZES:
I am giving away 150k to the winner of each rename! Total of three names to be done. Quick easy way for anyone to make a quick buck ;)

What to do:
Simple. Post the name of the renamed char along with its level and class then add your suggested name to it!!
*Rename the following: Bearlydtf, Dtfbaby, Dtfxrose*
FORMAT:
*For example: Bearlydtf lvl 10 bear "your idea"*

Rules:
1) Keep the names appropriate.
2) Limit three names per each toon per person. So total of 9 suggestions.
3) Time frame is until I see one that fits.
4) Names must not be taken.
5) Must follow the format above.

*Money will be paid in game so make sure you have your in game character in your post and I'll contact you here so you can collect your prize winnings*

-Thanks, Forever Alwaysdtf.
You might want to add that DTF shouldn't be included in the rename.

Here's mine:
Bearly->Drexrose, Bearize, Bearare
Baby->Magicalrose, Flowerstorm, Wratchel
Rose->Roselia/Roserade, Revelation, Rosage

Good luck Always.

im4broke
10-14-2011, 11:24 PM
What's to keep someone from robbing a really good name? (ooops...just looked up dtf...sorry for using the letters in the names I suggested...removed)

Sooo....

Bearly> Barebottoms
Baby> Sugarsweet
Rose> Justplainrose

Gluttony
10-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Bearlydtf 10 bear - Bearlygtl (use polar bear face)
Dtfbaby 21 mage - Gtlbaby (use the Sun elf face)
Dtfxrose 35 mage - Alwaysgtl (use the Darker elf face)

*Reserved for other name suggestions.

Sassinya
10-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Dtfxrose lvl 31 Mage : Sindarulla

RBeltran
10-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Lvl. 61 Mage = Pwnography
Lvl. 10 Bear = BearNecessities

Cowgirl
10-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Alwaysdtf lvl 61 mage - AlwaysDeeTeeF :)

Zeus
10-14-2011, 11:51 PM
Am I the only one who thought it meant down to fight?

Cowgirl
10-14-2011, 11:53 PM
That IS what it means.. or dies too fast. Take your pick :D

Gluttony
10-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Am I the only one who thought it meant down to fight?

Such a beautiful mind you have, so pure and innocent.

Um, take a quick peek on urbandictionary.com

Ghastly
For bear:

Chrometank,
Fierytank,
Flametank
Beasttank,
Or describing its moves such as:

Acridslash,
Crimsonslash
Silver slash,

For the mages:

Chromenuke,
Beast nuke,
Flame nuke
Killer nuke,

Or its moves
Crazyblast,
Crimson blast
Destructoblast
Discordblast

Possibilities are endless...

Zeus

Then why would they make him rename? Lol. I didn't see a problem with his name. Acronyms can stand for many things, just as STS stands for many things.

Zeus
10-14-2011, 11:57 PM

I am scarred for life! Jk, I knew the meaning, but I always figured it meant "down to fight". Mitch was telling me that's what it meant anyway, but I guess other people don't.

Cowgirl
10-15-2011, 12:00 AM
Then why would they make him rename? Lol. I didn't see a problem with his name. Acronyms can stand for many things, just as STS stands for many things.

Agreed. He has had that name nearly a year and also very active on the forums (with that name). So why now? Anyway hopefully they will reconsider and give him his names back.

Gluttony
10-15-2011, 12:05 AM

It is an acronym and can mean anything to the actual player, but it already has a meaning to the general public so that would be a bit more difficult to defend. Your point is quite valid though:

1. STS 41 up, 12 down
STS means Smirk to Self, it's for when a Lol is too much and a ROFL is way out of the question.

AbsolutePally
10-15-2011, 12:20 AM
Wonder if they watch Jersey Shore or someone reported ya..

Lv.60 bear = Fistpump
Lvl 60 is reserved already! But edit ur post to the other ones bc Im liking it :)

AbsolutePally
10-15-2011, 12:22 AM
VoraciousBird

Kleptomaniac

LikeaGSix.

NotoriousElf

Malfeasance

Alwaysflirting

Alwaysfliratious

Nefariousone

Downtofight

FrankenElf

Fixmeup

Bodyshots

PromiscuousElf

I love a couple, but gotta be specific!
Tell me which 3 names go to which chars!

AbsolutePally
10-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Bearlydtf 10 bear - Bearlygtl (use polar bear face), Bearlysituation, Bearlyasituation
Dtfbaby 21 mage - Gtlbaby (use the Sun elf face)
Dtfxrose 35 mage - Alwaysgtl (use the Darker elf face)

*Reserved for other name suggestions.

Not bad!!! Me liking.

AbsolutePally
10-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Lvl. 61 Mage = Pwnography
Lvl. 10 Bear = BearNecessities

61 Mage is resered (main)
But I really like these, just edit em! Hopefully the second one fits n is not taken!

safin007
10-15-2011, 01:15 AM
Beargrills

Kaarataka
10-15-2011, 06:23 AM

His name does mean Down to fight or Dies too fast... and urbandictionary makes a sexual reference to just about every word known to man. Geez... How can the devs do this to one of the top PvPers and community organizers?

Gluttony
10-15-2011, 07:00 AM
His name does mean Down to fight or Dies too fast... and urbandictionary makes a sexual reference to just about every word known to man. Geez... How can the devs do this to one of the top PvPers and community organizers?

Just calling it like I see it, urbandictionary is used by millions of people and it's voted on so if the definition doesn't fit it has more negatives than positives. I've not heard the term used except in popular media outlets and it meant what the website in question has stated and had nothing to do with fighting or dying. The devs can and have done this simply because the game is aimed at children and it is in their best interest not to let this one slide. It shouldn't matter who has the name or how popular they are within any game related community. It's nothing personal, just business.

blox
10-15-2011, 09:06 AM
godofdtf?
dtfpro?

Onaraasider
10-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Bear: bearlypvper
Datalkinbear,
Thelastpvp

AbsolutePally
10-15-2011, 02:58 PM
I dont think dtf can be used in the name...
Still plenty of time to get names in :)

Ps: thanks for the name support guys !!! <3

Zeus
10-15-2011, 02:59 PM
I dont think dtf can be used in the name...
Still plenty of time to get names in :)

Ps: thanks for the name support guys !!! <3

My names are free btw, you can pay me if you like but it's totally unnecessary. That's why I posted multiple.

Otukura
10-15-2011, 03:43 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

NoobianOfAlterra
10-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Bearlydtf - TheForceWithin, XscatterX

Dtfbaby - NukemDukem, Flashspell, FireLightning

Dtfxrose - mojomonster, GodofRose/GodxRose

milikechicken
10-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Bearlydtf lvl 10 bear - WTFABEAR

AEIOWNEDU lololol

Zeus
10-15-2011, 04:26 PM
BearlyAble

BearlyAwake

BearlyComatose

CareyBearly

milikechicken
10-15-2011, 04:29 PM
BearlyAble

BearlyAwake

BearlyComatose

CareyBearly

HAHAHA Reminds me of CAREBEAR

Zeus
10-15-2011, 04:31 PM
HAHAHA Reminds me of CAREBEAR

That's where I derived it from. :)

Conradin
10-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Dtfxrose can be changed to = Conradsmyhero

stealthyman
10-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Bearlydtf - 10 bear ' twinkzilla' , 'anthropoid' , 'snowmobile' , 'bearzilla' , barebear

Otukura
10-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Level 10 bear to Packamule :3

Imacoolbirdd
10-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Awsomebirdd awsomebearr awsometwinkk awsomemagee idk lol

Kaarataka
10-15-2011, 07:58 PM
How about ADTFight? Solves our annoying problem of some arbitrary person reporting acronyms to mean something they DO NOT.

Cytokinesis
10-15-2011, 08:04 PM
1. Kaaratake
2. Moogerfoogr
3. Apolllo
3. Sayycred
4. Chrysysy
5. JustH
6. Crimsoontider
7. Woundedbeagle
8. Oreiiiiiii
9. Hallamance
10. Wowboooms
11. FluffInStuff
12. Lovevenus
13. Xwhirlzzzzz
14. Attackelff
15. Dollloway

Kaarataka
10-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Just calling it like I see it, urbandictionary is used by millions of people and it's voted on so if the definition doesn't fit it has more negatives than positives. I've not heard the term used except in popular media outlets and it meant what the website in question has stated and had nothing to do with fighting or dying. The devs can and have done this simply because the game is aimed at children and it is in their best interest not to let this one slide. It shouldn't matter who has the name or how popular they are within any game related community. It's nothing personal, just business.

I've never heard of the acronym meaning anything other than what DTF told me when I asked him. As for urbandictionary, have you ever just randomly looked word up there? They are mostly about inappropriate things for children. Me, DTF, the dev, the admin, nor you can police what children do. It is thier parents who should be discussing inappropriate content and instructing them on how to understand it. Those parents could filter what their cildren are viewing in their homes. It's called a proxy. I set them up for business owners who do not want their employees/patrons viewing inappropriate material at their establishment. Are you sure this game is geared towards children? How many children do you know that buy hordes of plat? Oh, you need to be 18 to have a credit card....interesting. STS's target market is plat buyers, and any filtering IMHO is bad. Now I'm willing to put up with filtering of some kind and go along with it, but possibly ruining someones alter ego, their release from life, their legend of being at the top of the pvp/ctf mountain is wrong. If you ruin pvp/ctf you ruin a very important niche in this game and stripping the top tourny organizer of his name is wrong!

Kaarataka
10-15-2011, 08:11 PM
1. Kaaratake

My name is Kaaarataka ;)

ahhhhhh now I see what you're doing...... so eViL......stay off my name =D

JJXEJECT
10-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Bearlydtf = Dtfdamage, Thrash, Sylent

Dtfbaby = Dtfcharm, Vietree, Velfarre

Dtfxrose = Saphar, Colbalt, Fatallight

Gluttony
10-15-2011, 08:24 PM
I've never heard of the acronym meaning anything other than what DTF told me when I asked him. As for urbandictionary, have you ever just randomly looked word up there? They are mostly about inappropriate things for children. Me, DTF, the dev, the admin, nor you can police what children do. It is thier parents who should be discussing inappropriate content and instructing them on how to understand it. Those parents could filter what their cildren are viewing in their homes. It's called a proxy. I set them up for business owners who do not want their employees/patrons viewing inappropriate material at their establishment. Are you sure this game is geared towards children? How many children do you know that buy hordes of plat? Oh, you need to be 18 to have a credit card....interesting. STS's target market is plat buyers, and any filtering IMHO is bad. Now I'm willing to put up with filtering of some kind and go along with it, but possibly ruining someones alter ego, their release from life, their legend of being at the top of the pvp/ctf mountain is wrong. If you ruin pvp/ctf you ruin a very important niche in this game and stripping the top tourny organizer of his name is wrong!

Is there a particular reason you're making this personal? I see because you never heard of it, that means it doesn't exist! As for urbandictionary, sure there are some childish things that get placed on there but if one abbreviation only has one meaning that is repeated over and over again then perhaps that is how the general public views it, whether you got the memo or not. Sure words and letters can mean anything to the originator but when a term has a negative stigma placed on it, there is really no avoiding the connotation that is placed with it.

The game is childlike in nature along with the things like chat filter and having to tell players not to give out their account information makes me think STS does believe that children do play the game and wants to make it a safer environment for them. I understand the concept of who should police children, but STS does have a responsibility as well. There is no rating system in place for games like this, no warning about adult content so a situation could arise where legal action could be perused against the company and this is perhaps just a way to get in front of that. There are plenty of videogames in the world and who has the money… parents. Is Mickey’s epic adventure aimed at the target audience with the money or the children who ask their parents to buy it? Perhaps I am using the term children too loosely, I mean those not of legal age i.e. under 18.

And for the fame that DTF has amassed, it's a sad state that someone so prominent in the community has to let go of their moniker but how many other options are there really? It's called damage control.

Swimmingstar
10-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Bearlydtf Level 10 Bear - Notatwinky, Donteattwinky, Bearlyatwink

Dtfbaby Level 21 Mage - Babyterrorist (If this doesn't fit do: Babyterorist), Alwaysababy, Babyeatwinky

Dtfxrose Level 35 Mage - Alwaysamage, Isthisamage, Amianarcher

IGN:
Swimmingstar, Farmerstar, Archerrebel

Kaarataka
10-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Is there a particular reason you're making this personal? I see because you never heard of it, that means it doesn't exist! As for urbandictionary, sure there are some childish things that get placed on there but if one abbreviation only has one meaning that is repeated over and over again then perhaps that is how the general public views it, whether you got the memo or not. Sure words and letters can mean anything to the originator but when a term has a negative stigma placed on it, there is really no avoiding the connotation that is placed with it.

It's personal because DTF has been a good friend for some time. He has also made his name and guild synonymous with elite. Since he has had this name for a very long time I fail to see why the devs all of a sudden decide it is inappropriate. No one gave me a memo and I also asked as many RL people what dtf stands for in my comings and goings today. You know what? None of them knew. I asked over 20 people and not one has any idea what DTF stands for. Acronyms can mean anything. Let them stand for what YOU want them to stand for.

Gluttony
10-15-2011, 09:10 PM
It's personal because DTF has been a good friend for some time. He has also made his name and guild synonymous with elite. Since he has had this name for a very long time I fail to see why the devs all of a sudden decide it is inappropriate. No one gave me a memo and I also asked as many RL people what dtf stands for in my comings and goings today. You know what? None of them knew. I asked over 20 people and not one has any idea what DTF stands for. Acronyms can mean anything. Let them stand for what YOU want them to stand for.

Ok, I get that you're going to bat for DTF and it’s honorable and I wish you luck. Here are the facts as I see them:

Asking random people if they know something doesn't help you case if they have no idea, simply because one isn't in the loop is a horrible defense. Plenty of people don't know what gtl stands for because they don't watch Jersey Shore, but if they do, then they know aka (also known as, so there is no confusion) ignorance is bliss.
The amount of time it took for STS to become aware of the negative aspect of the name shouldn't be in question. Devs are busy, players report inappropriate names for this reason and DTF probably recently hit the quota for the devs to give it a look and take action.
Changing the name isn't going to change the player. It's a minor annoyance at best, the guild will still be known for being elite, the skills will put DTF squarely back on top of the pile, ultimately the ign will just be forgotten and talked about as rumor or legend (much like Lone).
You can't change the meaning of something that is already established simply because you want to. Idk when dtf came into existence as the acronym it is today, but one cannot take something and turn it into their own personal saying (unless you're a celeb). I cannot coin a phrase and make it my own, lol means laugh(ing) out loud, well I decided today that it means little old lady and so I'm going to use it as such, "I did it for the lols... because they needed help crossing the street" think anyone will get my meaning? As I understand it you know what dtf means to the player simply because you were told by the individual using the abbreviation, the general public did not have that pleasure so they are unaware of that particular meaning. Now, DTF has celeb status so perhaps playing that card is best: Paris Hilton: "That's hot," Gluttony: *places hand on stove* "That's hot!"

I know that this is a meaningful cause to you, but there are two sides to every story and STS has their reasons. Sorry if you don't get them, but they make perfect sense to me. You're not going to lose a friend in the end thanks to these actions, DTF seems to be rolling with the punches and not hanging up the gloves so if anything your passion in this fight will solidify the bond you two have; GL in your endeavor.

Kaarataka
10-15-2011, 09:19 PM
I've understood your stance from day one. The biggest issue at hand is there will be no resolution till Monday. You see we all found out about it after sts called it quits for the weekend. Your arguments are sound and all I can do is soldier on with my cause. Thanks for the approval and hopefully this gets resolved Monday.

plmafiaboss
10-15-2011, 09:33 PM
That's dumb. There's a character named hookurr that i reported like five times already and they still walkin around with that name

ukeewu
10-15-2011, 09:37 PM
ukeefood....great name

Gluttony
10-15-2011, 09:40 PM
That's dumb. There's a character named hookurr that i reported like five times already and they still walkin around with that name

Change takes time, multiple reports from a single player almost seems malicious and could be viewed as harassment. In the future, I'd only report it once and leave it to the devs... you've done your part.

AbsolutePally
10-16-2011, 01:26 AM
Kaarataka! Thank you very much for all the supportive posts. Means a lot to me. And I'm flattered, looking forward to having you in Revelation!! :)
It is true though, I am very saddened by losing my name. Only time will tell, hopefully by Monday I'll know more.
In the mean time lemons shall be made into lemonade. And some of the names have caught my interest! Planning to pick one as soon as Monday.

Chickenrunnn
10-16-2011, 04:44 AM
Hey dtf:) that's cool making a name contest x) I've no idea about new
Names except maybe "dtfrunnn" or "xroserunnn" xD

I'll be unbanned in 34 hours :) cya then :D

AbsolutePally
10-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Hey dtf:) that's cool making a name contest x) I've no idea about new
Names except maybe "dtfrunnn" or "xroserunnn" xD

I'll be unbanned in 34 hours :) cya then :D

Almost been 7 days already? Nice. Wb in advance!

Cytokinesis
10-16-2011, 01:41 PM
wow..... seriously u guys repped me down just cause of the little joke?!?!?!??!?!

Otukura
10-16-2011, 01:43 PM
wow..... seriously u guys repped me down just cause of the little joke?!?!?!??!?!

Why does anyone care about rep?

AbsolutePally
10-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Why does anyone care about rep?
Says the awesome guy w 3 green bars and goa status ;)
Hehe jk Otu!

Swimmingstar
10-16-2011, 03:03 PM

YEAH It's like repping people down for "reading minds". :p

Otukura
10-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Says the awesome guy w 3 green bars and goa status ;)
Hehe jk Otu!
I didn't ask for it! :p

Cytokinesis
10-16-2011, 03:40 PM
YEAH It's like repping people down for "reading minds". :p
???

Bunnyshoota
10-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Bearydtf: Bombear (Bearbomb)
Alwaysdtf: Earsofwax
IGN is kaoskastor:)

AbsolutePally
10-17-2011, 03:19 PM
No word from devs.... Ill be picking a name soon!

FluffNStuff
10-17-2011, 03:22 PM
****DTS = Down to snuggle!

Swimmingstar
10-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Picking name now?