PDA

View Full Version : how come people dont do this?

razerfingers
10-14-2011, 11:40 PM
i like to join random games and run around to gain as much xp as possible well, i hate how people say guild run or low lvl farming or sorry full if you are gonna do a guild run use a password so noobody else can join and advertise pw in guild chat someone will edventually end up coming cause today i got booted every run i joined and just logged out it was rediculous some reasons were for the letter P or letter L sometimes just a . its like using the boot option for not its purpose anyways i said what i gotta say...

Kaarataka
10-15-2011, 06:34 AM
i like to join random games and run around to gain as much xp as possible well, i hate how people say guild run or low lvl farming or sorry full if you are gonna do a guild run use a password so noobody else can join and advertise pw in guild chat someone will edventually end up coming cause today i got booted every run i joined and just logged out it was rediculous some reasons were for the letter P or letter L sometimes just a . its like using the boot option for not its purpose anyways i said what i gotta say...

make your own games. problem solved

Phoenixking
10-15-2011, 06:42 AM
ive been over this again no one wants to repeat the password like what 20 times and if they have a team already the do rmks and its stupid adding the pw again most poeple dont have time

razerfingers
10-15-2011, 09:43 AM

make your own games. problem solved
Nobody ever joins games i make so why not join other peoples?

Onaraasider
10-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Lol(I'm a senior member now after this post)

Roc
10-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Maybe passwords are a hassle, so why don't they make a "guild-only" feature so that only guild members can join?

Bunnyshoota
10-15-2011, 03:19 PM
I hate this too. Cuz my ipod has like a 50% chance of freezing after i get booted............................................ ......:(((((

ghost.mw
10-15-2011, 03:26 PM
I know how you feel my friend and if you host game no one will join even if they did they will leave after one minute

modredd
10-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Maybe you need better friends!

javier995
10-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Here's a solution: When ever you want to join a game, check if your friends are running the lvl you wish to join. If any are running that lvl, simply pm them and ask if you can join them im the run. If it's a no, well then get new friends who would be happy to let you join their games.:)

McBain
10-15-2011, 04:35 PM
A password only needs to be one letter, and the fact that it's locked obviously keeps out any unwanted visitors. Most people, like myself, probably have locked games hidden anyway. I always lock games if I don't want randoms joining with a one letter password, and as a result, I've never had to boot anyone. If you don't have time to enter one measly letter, you've probably got issues, lol. It definitely takes much less time to enter a password than it does to continually boot people every few seconds.

Zeus
10-15-2011, 04:38 PM
The reason most do this is because of this.

They want other players in as well, and a locked game restricts that. Sometimes, they want the one or two good players you can get from a PUG. That is one of the reasons I don't lock my games. So, it usually ends up being a mix. If it's full, it's full. People need to respect that. I used to get mad when people booted me for it being full as well, but now I understand and hold no hard feelings. Boots are necessary, especially in the age when you are spending platinum on timed elixirs. Asking to leave wastes that elixir and while those seconds may seem minuscule, they can bring in a great deal of XP.

razerfingers
10-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Maybe you need better friends!
Maybe i do

razerfingers
10-15-2011, 04:45 PM
This was just a how come people do this but thanks for the solutions anyways

Zeus
10-15-2011, 04:45 PM

I did tell you why people do it. Therefore I was on topic. :)

Yutani
10-15-2011, 05:05 PM
I like PUGs and as my guild basically consists of me, myself, I, and 3 other split personalities, i depend on them.

Feel free to friend or join any of my games. I only boot people who join then leave then join then leave then join then....well, you get the idea. (i'm just helping them make up their mind, really)

IGN: Yutani
<Weyland Yutani>
"competitive bonuses for non-comm officers are always discussed!"

razerfingers
10-15-2011, 05:34 PM

I know you did :)

javier995
10-15-2011, 06:03 PM

I know you did :)

Being off-topic again. I like your sig lol

razerfingers
10-16-2011, 01:46 AM
Being off-topic again. I like your sig lol
ohh thanks :)

Duped
10-16-2011, 01:51 AM
i like to join random games and run around to gain as much xp as possible well, ...

The first sentence made me think you were just leeching xp without actually playing, and I thought, no wonder you're getting booted lol!

Fyrce
10-16-2011, 06:24 AM
I must be weird -- Again I think most players are nice and I just had a very nice night of meeting new people to again reinforce that view.

Reading threads like this makes me a bit leery when I've taken a break. So I prepare myself to get booted, etc.

I logged on last night to actually xp (after about a month of not really logging into PL for xp) and did not get booted once. I joined PUGs, got help clearing the 1st few levels (I hadn't done that yet on this character), and after like the 3rd PUG, settled in with a group of people running their game. They were all level 60s when I started. The group later had some 61s, then later some 58s and 59s. I was a level 55 mage when I joined. It was level 60s and me :)

Everyone was very nice. I was friended after the 1st run. When we finally stopped, there were a lot of thanks all around. I would definitely run with everyone again and I think they liked me a little too :)

Definitely reinforced my view that there are many very nice and good players out there.

cherryking
10-16-2011, 09:13 AM
White girl rule

razerfingers
10-16-2011, 08:08 PM
The first sentence made me think you were just leeching xp without actually playing, and I thought, no wonder you're getting booted lol!
nope...im not my bad for making it appear that i leach...