PDA

View Full Version : Coal antennas for sale on Deal of the Day

NECROREAPER
10-15-2011, 06:04 AM
This Sunday the coal (black) antennae will be on sale for 20 plat.

Although I was around for the event and I never did receive the antennae during the actual event, I find it outrageous that STS is offering these for sale. It seems that nothing is sacred anymore and anything worth making a buck on is worth selling. I understand the business aspect of it, I really do, but at what greater cost?

I just feel like if these are for sale, nothing is safe from DotD anymore :/

Skeletonlord
10-15-2011, 06:12 AM
I really want these antennas but I am saving my plat for costumes in the Halloween event. However these antennas might be available during the Christmas event tho, so I'll wait till that

WoundedEagle
10-15-2011, 06:49 AM
Thank Goodness I have these. Otherwise I would feel really bad about buying them like I did with the red. ;(

-we

apocketlegend
10-15-2011, 07:40 AM
Well at least we

RedRyder
10-15-2011, 08:24 AM
DoTD's new meaning should be dawn of the dead, not deal of the day.
Being an antenna collector, I feel like I should just give up since anyone can get any and all antenna now..

This sucks a lot.

Conradin
10-15-2011, 09:10 AM
It was wayyy more fun hunting for hours in-game to get black antennaes, or blue, or droid etc. Dawn of the dead is killin it.

milikechicken
10-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Why do ppl want antennas so badly? lol
I haven't bought any and i got Blue and yellow .....

CrimsonTider
10-15-2011, 11:13 AM
I wont be buying the black ones. If I would have known the red ones were part of a contest when they came out, then I wouldnt have bought them either. I agree that some integrity should be kept in the game.

Diodge
10-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Nothing is safe from the DoTD.
This game has turned. Nothing is special any more.

I understand makeing money. but

I looked at my black as part of my Thank You! from STS for playing our game at christmas. It was the funny gift from you to us. It took hours to get it. NOW Its Just A DoTD item.

AdinoEznite
10-15-2011, 01:04 PM
relax guys, what makes you special is you, not some item
your identity and value is in your character

your item will always mean what it does to YOU and who cares what it means to everyone else and what people think of it
its YOUR accomplishment, theres no need to stop being proud of it

from STS' standpoint i think they see it as less fair if they keep everything exclusive from the new players
why would they only want a hand full of antenna collectors when they could have thousands?
why not share the experience? why does everything have to be exclusive?

Ebalere
10-15-2011, 01:20 PM
relax guys, what makes you special is you, not some item
your identity and value is in your character

your item will always mean what it does to YOU and who cares what it means to everyone else and what people think of it
its YOUR accomplishment, theres no need to stop being proud of it

from STS' standpoint i think they see it as less fair if they keep everything exclusive from the new players
why would they only want a hand full of antenna collectors when they could have thousands?
why not share the experience? why does everything have to be exclusive?

+1. I understand pretty much nothing is sacred anymore, but you guys who had the Coal Antennae since last christmas have had almost a whole year to exclusively enjoy them. Now a new christmas is coming, and I'm sure there will be a new vanity to find that we can all keep for another 10 months before anyone else can get it. Those that threaten to leave over vanities being sold to put updates in the game and food on the table are being selfish towards STS, and the newer generation of players.

It's human nature to want that exclusivity and prestige, like in Necro's case with his pumpkin helm. But, to be fair, it's not just one person's pumpkin helm anyway, and everyone will forever know you as the Hate bear with the pumpkin head, regardless of how many people have one, if they were to ever be a DotD. Same goes for these antennae, Redryder, you've been looking for red antennae for a long time if I'm not mistaken. Well, when they went up as deal of the day, did you not buy them? I sure would've. What about the poor guy who couldn't be online because he was on vacation for christmas, but he has every other antennae? This DotD is a godsend to this collector. Try look at it from every angle, the old players don't have to have everything so exclusive. Everyone loves antennas, so there's no need for such a big commotion. If you feel the need to show how old and legit you are, throw on the FH and/or SoG.

Diodge
10-15-2011, 06:59 PM
lmao no one said anything about quiting. . . . . When christmas comes that collector could get them.

I would love to see them DoTD There special crown for playing on apple(maybe some of the first droid players also). Then lets talk about who has what special.

.................................................. .................................................. ......................................
I seen people being told to get lost when they wanted a special helm. We didnt play at that time to get it. Its not something new to this game to have rare and earned vanitys.

Buddyf97
10-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Wow... Another for sale! Unfortunately I have this one and now people will be wearing them! Will they be selling the firey and white? Those are the only two I need for my set, lol

Kossi
10-15-2011, 07:04 PM
i hope to god they dont sell the green ones, if they do, then they have officially hit rock bottom on creative ideas and are using old ones to get money

Nightarcher
10-15-2011, 07:07 PM
This is what I'm loving about SL.

So far, it's perfect. No lame DOTD's or droprate nerfs, the economy is balanced, and pvp is going to be awesome. The experience they gained while working to make PL a great game have allowed them to develop games that are even better, and much more polished. :)

Buddyf97
10-15-2011, 07:14 PM
i hope to god they dont sell the green ones, if they do, then they have officially hit rock bottom on creative ideas and are using old ones to get money
I KNOW!!! The green pairs are slowly becoming my favorite because of their exclusivity! If they sell them the devs won't get another dime from me!

CrimsonTider
10-15-2011, 07:18 PM
another sh1tty move by the devs...
sigh...

One thing to disagree, another to use profanities to express your opinion. Need to edit your post.

milikechicken
10-15-2011, 07:46 PM
one thing to disagree, another to use profanities to express your opinion. Need to edit your post.

crimson to the rescueeeeeeee

Prestige
10-15-2011, 08:35 PM
I bet most of you guys wouldn't be complaining if they sold other vanities you missed. At least they are allowing newer players the opportunity to gain these items. They don't lose value because someone pays 20 plat for it. It means you saved 20 plat. I don't get why some people have to act like elitist. I have a founders helm and honestly if they sold it I wouldn't mind. It a least gives newer players equal opportunity to obtain these items. Just because you are an older player it doesn't make you any more qualified to receive them. You may have supported them but so are newer players by buying these daily deals.

NECROREAPER
10-15-2011, 08:42 PM
I bet most of you guys wouldn't be complaining if they sold other vanities you missed. At least they are allowing newer players the opportunity to gain these items. They don't lose value because someone pays 20 plat for it. It means you saved 20 plat. I don't get why some people have to act like elitist. I have a founders helm and honestly if they sold it I wouldn't mind. It a least gives newer players equal opportunity to obtain these items. Just because you are an older player it doesn't make you any more qualified to receive them. You may have supported them but so are newer players by buying these daily deals.

Umm, a bunch of us including me who posted on this thread didn't get the antennae and were complaining about it being sold.

Get it? We MISSED the vanity and were complaining about it being sold.

Uzikrabd
10-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Yeah ive been playing for a while now but you guys getting mad bout this,its a game and you guys act like the whole game is dead because of vanities,if so go play sl and stop complaining guys no one likes seeing you complain since something is sold,not trying to troll/flame if so sorry

Cascade
10-15-2011, 09:04 PM
As many players feel I believe it is very un-cool to be selling these supposedly 'Exclusive' items on the Deal of The Day. To put it harshly the devs lied to us. They said certain items would be exclusive and now they are selling them for anyone to have. Exclusive items are sposed to say "Hey im wearing this because i participated in a certain event." Now they dont say that anymore. I believe this is construtive criticism if you think otherwise I can edit it.

Whirlzap
10-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Oh hey, it's the domino effect.
People are starting to react to my threads.
Also, nicely said Kossi. But badly worded.

JulsAngel
10-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Pls STS stop selling exclusive items!!!, not fair. Remake each contest so the new ppl get the chance to earn them too. Let the item stay exclusive :beguiled:

Ty

RedRyder
10-16-2011, 07:22 AM

Oh so because items that we had to hunt down the devs for, checking their Facebook and twitter updates, just to get items that can now just be purchased, we're elitists? You can't even use the founders helm as an example since its just that; a founders helmet.

Also, we can't want to have collected items that we wish to stay exclusive, without being labeled as elitists?
I'm almost positive the devs would make enough without bringing these items back. Don't go around labeling people thank you very much.

Prestige
10-16-2011, 07:58 AM
I still don't get your point. Is it because you are just acting selfish? They never said that these were ever going to be a one time only thing. You can't blame a company for using this method to gain profit. If you don't like it then don't play it. But since your an old player you won't see it from a newer players perspective. When new people see other people with exclusive items they are discouraged from playing the game. "because I am new therefore I have no opportunity to gain older items" It's not like they are getting the antennas for free like you guys. I don't get why you guys look at this from a negative point of view. It's still money coming out of their pockets.
/flame shield on
Watch me get banned for even posting against a GoA.

Onaraasider
10-16-2011, 08:02 AM
I really want these antennas but I am saving my plat for costumes in the Halloween event. However these antennas might be available during the Christmas event tho, so I'll wait till that

exactly what im doing ;0

Gluttony
10-16-2011, 08:18 AM
I still don't get your point. Is it because you are just acting selfish? They never said that these were ever going to be a one time only thing. You can't blame a company for using this method to gain profit. If you don't like it then don't play it. But since your an old player you won't see it from a newer players perspective. When new people see other people with exclusive items they are discouraged from playing the game. "because I am new therefore I have no opportunity to gain older items" It's not like they are getting the antennas for free like you guys. I don't get why you guys look at this from a negative point of view. It's still money coming out of their pockets.
/flame shield on

It was never officially said that these items would be a one time thing, but it was implied by the tone of "when the event is over you will no longer be able to wave to get..." that is usually how most events are concluded. STS uses these events to promote a bit of fun as well as a marketing tool to get masses of players in game. Re-releasing the items is alienating a portion of the players (old-timers) but making the new players happy. Your point of not being able to get something that was once offered is quite true, but there are still aspects of the game that are not touched (droid costume, Founders' helm). I never got the fascination with the antenna personally, but players love them so why not offer everyone the opportunity to earn them as others did. Different contests with a similar topic (short writing contest instead of a haiku, or an armor creation contest instead of a weapon of doom) the major thing with me is that some players "earned" those items and others are "buying" them. It may be a small oversight to some but seems huge to me in setting the tone in where these games may be headed.

Oh, and don't worry about getting banned for disagreeing with a GoA... I would have been banned months ago if it were that easy.

RedRyder
10-16-2011, 08:29 AM

We're not god. Going against us wouldn't Deny you access to the pearly gates. Stop being so ignorant

Samhayne
10-16-2011, 10:10 AM

I have to agree with Prestige here. We never promised, in stone, that such items would never be re-used. We are asked all the time how players can get old items. By adding them to the Deal of the Day, a 24 hour period where you have to pay Platinum to get them, it doesn't make it all that less "exclusive." Take the Red Antenna for example. When I log into Pocket Legends I don't see everyone running around with Red Antenna on. They are still rare. Sure, you'll see more of them for a little while after they're on DotD, but that fades. The same with the holiday items. Sure, everyone will be sporting their holiday items during that holiday and shortly thereafter, but a few months afterwards there will be plenty of new players going "Wow, where did you get THAT!"

We do understand the flip side of the coin, where people want to be proud that they were around and collected all the old stuff. For example, in the coming Halloween event for PL we have removed some of the more "notable" items from the 2010 Halloween event and not re-used them, instead replacing them with new items. But we can't do that for everything - the Art and Design team have a rather full plate with everything else fun and cool that we want to create and bring you to play with.

So, maybe you can shift your viewpoint a bit to "That's cool that STS lets people who really want to get some of the old items a way to do it that doesn't really ruin their exclusivity."?

Nightarcher
10-16-2011, 10:16 AM
I still don't get your point. Is it because you are just acting selfish?

You have a valid point, (and don't worry I read the rest of the post,) but maybe you should view it from an older player's perspective. :)

--

There were fun events, but as the old proverb says, "It's about the journey, not the destination!" The rewards are nice little trinkits (e.g.: antennae) which remind us of the fun events, and are fun to collect. Now, many people (including myself) didn't get all of them; but we were content, because after all, they were rewards for contests & gatherings that were put into place to bring the community together.

So now, new players can buy those items with money. The reason old players are upset, is because when everyone in PL has [insert color] antennae, the spirit of the original rewards is lost. It no longer is the reward of a fun community event, but rather, a corporate money-making scheme. (no offence to the devs; we all love you guys!)

--

And I would say that new players seeing oldies with exclusive gear (most, merely cosmetic) just inspires them to play, with the hopes that they can get new items from contests which will eventually be rare too. If you just buy them, nobody wins. Like said in The Incredibles, "And when everyone's super... no one will be."

Samhayne
10-16-2011, 10:26 AM
I don't really see how putting an item on a time limited (24 hour) acquire for Platinum (and not an insignificant amount) "gives that item to everyone". Sure, you'll see a few on the day of the sale and the days after as people show off their new acquisition, but that fades.

WoundedEagle
10-16-2011, 11:34 AM
I don't really see how putting an item on a time limited (24 hour) acquire for Platinum (and not an insignificant amount) "gives that item to everyone". Sure, you'll see a few on the day of the sale and the days after as people show off their new acquisition, but that fades.
I understand completely. But, just out of curiosity, is there a way to make the old-school items already owned by the oldies, more exclusive. For instance, Buddyf has Green Antennas. Maybe his Green Antennas sparkle. To show they are old players. While you consider putting Green Antennas in DotD, they wouldn't sparkle, as they are not old. Catch my drift? Make the old items recognizable as, old items. Therefore being able to reuse old items,whilst still making everyone happy.... Just a thought.

JulsAngel
10-16-2011, 11:43 AM

It does gives to everyone Sam, remember that players can get free platinum and (24 hour) is enough time for them to use tapjoy

And I would say that new players seeing oldies with exclusive gear (most, merely cosmetic) just inspires them to play, with the hopes that they can get new items from contests which will eventually be rare too. If you just buy them, nobody wins. Like said in The Incredibles, "And when everyone's super... no one will be."

I totally agree

Nightarcher
10-16-2011, 02:44 PM

Most of these types of things are just about the priciple. We feel that the items' uniqueness is compromised when they're offered for sale, because although not everyone will get it, anyone can. I'm not saying this is a reason STS did something wrong; it's just an explanation of why we feel this way, even if we didn't receive the items ourselves. :)

KingFu
10-16-2011, 02:48 PM
IMO, deal of the day is the worst thing to happen to PL. I'm just waiting for the Founder's Helm to pop up for 200 plat...

elianel
10-16-2011, 02:55 PM
you know what is funny i stop my can in the highway to wave the droid and they are now for 20 plat if i know that i just wait :sour:

Diodge
10-16-2011, 06:25 PM
I dont even know what to say.

Its not about new players being cut out. It is about rare and special items. We want to have some stuff in game to be special. It makes it feel like you personalized your game to players at the time of the event. To me its a nice Thank You! from STS.
Selling items that were made and ment for events(STS linked these items to the events). It gives me a bad feeling inside.

darkfussion
10-16-2011, 07:20 PM
the coming Halloween event for PL we have removed some of the more "notable" items from the 2010 Halloween event and not re-used them, instead replacing them with new items. But we can't do that for everything - the Art and Design team have a rather full plate with everything else fun and cool that we want to create and bring you to play with.

I know you guys are busy but come on these days come once a year I feel like it's a lack of effort on sts part. I personally see more loss then gain from releasing old content back into the game, nobody wants old content. I don't own any halloween vanities and very few christmas. I want it to stay that way and never have that opportunity. Now if you guys where to re-release any holiday tradable item back in the game, that would truly effect the player. For example I'm going to buy 1million gold in holiday gear, for you guys to release it back in the game to be obtain for 20k the next day just to make someone who didn't play sts games back then happy. I spent the last 10 months collecting these so called "discontinued holiday items" and so have many other player, it would be a shame to to see them return....

Zeus
10-16-2011, 09:25 PM

Sam, with all due respect, usually in most MMOs it is traditional that discontinued items remain discontinued. I know it sucks for the players who missed them, but they can go on without them. I am saying this while missing a few halloween items that I didn't bother to collect during the day of the event. Deal of the day, while I buy them, I would rather not have the opportunity to. I appreciate the fact that you are allowing players to have a chance at the items, I really do, but sometimes missed opportunities really need to stay as a missed opportunities.

Zeus
10-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Okay, so I have taken the time to highlight the sides of each argument. They are detailed below, just for clarification purposes.

I. Discontinued Items should not remain discontinued!
-It allows new players not to feel left out and feel as though they don't have a chance.
-Brings in more revenue for STS.
-It puts everybody on the same playing field.
-Not everybody buys them, those that want to can.
-It allows players to get that one item that they were there for, but were too preoccupied to catch.

II. Discontinued Items should remain discontinued!
-It insults older players if the items are once again sold.
-The item is a memoir of the past, allowing players to reminisce of what once was.
-It makes STS appear greedy, selling old items for a quick buck.
-It tears down creativity.

My personal stance? Even after missing a few of the items which I was present for, I do not wish for them to be brought back. This game does not embody communism as far as I know, let's keep it as such. The vanities don't even serve a particular advantage over others, in fact some of them serve a disadvantage! Thus, let dead items rest in peace and be glad for the players that have them. I know I enjoy seeing items which I don't have and just respecting the players that have them. Just my 2 rupees though.

Shadowie
10-16-2011, 09:48 PM

Sam, with all due respect, usually in most MMOs it is traditional that discontinued items remain discontinued. I know it sucks for the players who missed them, but they can go on without them. I am saying this while missing a few halloween items that I didn't bother to collect during the day of the event. Deal of the day, while I buy them, I would rather not have the opportunity to. I appreciate the fact that you are allowing players to have a chance at the items, I really do, but sometimes missed opportunities really need to stay as a missed opportunities.

+1
My thought exactly!

Samhayne
10-16-2011, 10:21 PM
I guess the misconception here is that such things as antenna are not "Discontinued". They are "rarely used" items, or "hard to obtain", or "only likely to be had by 1) seeing a Dev in game who's giving those out 2) entering the contest where they are a reward for 3) getting them on the one day a year they are available on the deal of the day (if they are used as a deal of the day)"

Seems pretty rare and exclusive to me.

I know where you guys are coming from, and we do retire some items (the coming Halloween event will not have everything coming back, for example), but the Antennas are stuff we're going to re-use.

Zeus
10-16-2011, 10:24 PM
I guess the misconception here is that such things as antenna are not "Discontinued". They are "rarely used" items, or "hard to obtain", or "only likely to be had by 1) seeing a Dev in game who's giving those out 2) entering the contest where they are a reward for 3) getting them on the one day a year they are available on the deal of the day (if they are used as a deal of the day)"

I know where you guys are coming from, and we do retire some items (the coming Halloween event will not have everything coming back, for example), but the Antennas are stuff we're going to re-use.

Allright, Sam. The only problem I had was with the Red Antennas and their description. "You were there". The deal of the day sort of defeats that description. If it, the description, changes, I'm perfectly content.

Nightarcher
10-16-2011, 11:12 PM

Okay, this is the good news I was waiting for.

When you say it's mostly limited to antennae (the correct plural!) it somewhat assuages my worries that other items may lose their prestige too. Antennae were never my choice vanity anyways, but I'm glad to hear that items such as the Pumpkin Helm and vanity Witch Hat are safe. :)

darkfussion
10-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Okay, this is the good news I was waiting for.

When you say it's mostly limited to antennae (the correct plural!) it somewhat assuages my worries that other items may lose their prestige too. Antennae were never my choice vanity anyways, but I'm glad to hear that items such as the Pumpkin Helm and vanity Witch Hat are safe. :)

There not safe, there most likely going to be released again. Sam said some Halloween content will be new and some won't :/

Buddyf97
10-17-2011, 12:03 AM

Hey, Sam! You won a medal for your great points! But they arnt discontinued, they are just hard to get and rare.
DONT WORRY OTHERS! I will be selling Sam's medal in a 24 hour period!
Now how do you feel, Sam?

Slush
10-17-2011, 03:22 AM

I know where you guys are coming from, and we do retire some items (the coming Halloween event will not have
everything coming back, for example), but the Antennas are stuff we're going to re-use.

Big Luck was released three times. And you said the coming Halloween event will not have everything coming, are you kidding me? The upcoming halloween event should have NOTHING coming back! In a previous post, you said that STS never said holiday items would be exclusive. Pulling this out of the bag is just sad and deceitful. What were we supposed to think of them? That in a couple months time they would be sold for real money? Furthermore, you said you constantly asked the question, "how players can get old items". There's a simple answer for that; They just don't. If they are a TRUE fan and supporter, they would patiently play and wait untill the next event for their fair chance.

stealthyman
10-17-2011, 04:04 AM

I know where you guys are coming from, and we do retire some items (the coming Halloween event will not have
everything coming back, for example), but the Antennas are stuff we're going to re-use.

Big Luck was released three times. And you said the coming Halloween event will not have everything coming, are you kidding me? The upcoming halloween event should have NOTHING coming back! In a previous post, you said that STS never said holiday items would be exclusive. Pulling this out of the bag is just sad and deceitful. What were we supposed to think of them? That in a couple months time they would be sold for real money? Furthermore, you said you constantly asked the question, "how players can get old items". There's a simple answer for that; They just don't. If they are a TRUE fan and supporter, they would patiently play and wait untill the next event for their fair chance. ++1 my exact opinion

Navygreen
10-17-2011, 06:46 AM
There's just no way to please everybody. It's impossible. So what's the next alternative? Please as many people as you can because we know everyone will never be completely happy.

The future is always around the corner. We may have a vision of what the game should offer and what not, but we cannot predict the future. We can try to help shape that, but who knows what's going to happen. Who knows what people will demand later on. It's a tough business I think. Especially when you give people a voice (which is a great thing!). Some games have no forum. Some games have no outlet for your opinions and frustration. Legends games do. Im quite sure your opinions are very legitimate and listened to. However, we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes and what more than just us forum members have to say about the whole thing.

I'm quite sure the last thing they want to do is upset loyal players by bringing some items back, but who knows what the demands are behind the scenes.

I may be alone in this but I am in love with Deal of the Day. In my eyes, it's completely fair. I haven't been in the game forever like some of you. What makes my opinion any less valid than someone who hates deal of the day? We all have equal opinions, they're just different.

Yvonnel
10-17-2011, 07:56 AM
Am I the only older player that is totally at piece with this issue? Maybe its just me, but I love the fact that they do things like the deal of the day.

It still amuses me that people get so upset over this.

Call me a fanboy or whatever, but: Thank you STS! You guys continuely work to make my little break from reality better. Keep up the good work!

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

Roc
10-17-2011, 08:26 AM
I am also totally ambivalent about this entire issue. It's like when someone in real life is wearing the same T-shirt you are (and it's your favorite T-shirt). You just smile and say, "I like that shirt! You have great taste!" :victorious: For me, there is a similar principle in PL. :tranquillity:

Zeus
10-17-2011, 09:13 AM
I am also totally ambivalent about this entire issue. It's like when someone in real life is wearing the same T-shirt you are (and it's your favorite T-shirt). You just smile and say, "I like that shirt! You have great taste!" :victorious: For me, there is a similar principle in PL. :tranquillity:

So the world isn't like Mean Girls when they catch somebody wearing the same outfit as them, they tear them apart? OMG, 'tis a miracle! :)

JK, I see what you mean. :)

vaffunculo
10-17-2011, 09:38 AM
I see a few of the same people in this thread complaining about items being brought to the DotD, saying missed opportunities should remain as such...yet when level cap was going to be raised the same people complained about "missing the opportunity" to accuire the SoH..
Hypocrisy?

NECROREAPER
10-17-2011, 12:53 PM
That's something totally different vaffunculo.

If the released fang as to when they had planned to, then it would've meant that there was only one month to acquire 100,000 exp from an area that only gives 1 exp per kill. That works out to 3,333.333 exp per day, which takes up more time than some of us have.

On the other hand, bringing back items like coal antennae is giving everyone else the chance to acquire something that took the rest of us who actually did receive the item a while to receive. There was work involved for many of the items for sale, minus big luck and big love, those were plat bought. However some it es took hours of trying to find a dev or killing tons of *extremely* hard to kill snow men in order to receive that one item, and it's unfair to those of us who worked at it when it just goes up for sale and everyone can simply *buy* their way out of the hard work and into the exclusivity of the item.

Make sense?

StompArtist
10-17-2011, 01:03 PM
How is this a surprise after the sell of big luck?

StompArtist
10-17-2011, 01:13 PM
We're not god. Going against us wouldn't Deny you access to the pearly gates. Stop being so ignorant

We're not Gods??? :( Thanks for bursting my bubble. Again!

vaffunculo
10-17-2011, 01:18 PM
That's something totally different vaffunculo.

If the released fang as to when they had planned to, then it would've meant that there was only one month to acquire 100,000 exp from an area that only gives 1 exp per kill. That works out to 3,333.333 exp per day, which takes up more time than some of us have.

On the other hand, bringing back items like coal antennae is giving everyone else the chance to acquire something that took the rest of us who actually did receive the item a while to receive. There was work involved for many of the items for sale, minus big luck and big love, those were plat bought. However some it es took hours of trying to find a dev or killing tons of *extremely* hard to kill snow men in order to receive that one item, and it's unfair to those of us who worked at it when it just goes up for sale and everyone can simply *buy* their way out of the hard work and into the exclusivity of the item.

Make sense?
I don't really see the difference, lots of people are already 61 yet they held up patch because players complained there was not enough time to achieve 61 and get SoH..fair enough...now take other players who want a vanity that was only around a short time, why shouldn't they have a chance to get one too? Just like sts is delaying patch for those that didn't make cap in time they are releasing vanities for those that missed them during the short time they were available. It is exactly the same situation imo.

Oldcoot
10-17-2011, 01:31 PM
I love the chance to "pay" if I couldn't play! Thanks devs!! (old guy that has a life )

NECROREAPER
10-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Because in one case players are having to work *extremely* hard for the reward while in the other case, players aren't having to work at all for the same reward that many other players had to work hard for to achieve.

vaffunculo
10-17-2011, 01:46 PM
No difference as I stated before, players worked hard to get 61 and SoH yet they postponed update to allow others to catch up and get SoH, while I could care less for vanity items personally,they are important to some players obviously and they should have chance to get them as well...you won't see it as being the same because you have some vanity that you don't want others having...

wvhills
10-17-2011, 02:08 PM
No difference as I stated before, players worked hard to get 61 and SoH yet they postponed update to allow others to catch up and get SoH, while I could care less for vanity items personally,they are important to some players obviously and they should have chance to get them as well...you won't see it as being the same because you have some vanity that you don't want others having...

Actually, you're completely wrong and necro is right. The difference is the majority of people who are level 61 used elixirs which is a lot easier than not using elixirs. The hard work is someone who doesn't use elixirs making it to level 61. Like someone pointed out, the amount of xp needed to make level 61 requires a non elixired player a lot longer than a month to do. Also, the ones who got the antenna were the ones who worked to either track a dev down (not an easy thing to do during an announced give a way) or participated in some type of event. Both of which required hard work.

The moral of this story is don't leave any valuables around the STS offices. The devs will sell anything they think they can make a buck on.

StompArtist
10-17-2011, 02:10 PM
The moral of this story is don't leave any valuables around the STS offices. The devs will sell anything they think they can make a buck on.

Makes sense from a profit standpoint to sell things already designed. Ca be frustrating for some players but I believe that the amount of new players willing to purchase far outweighs the amount of frustrated oldies. :(

octavos
10-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Being a true Star legends and Pocket legends player, I don't mind vanity's going on sale, and would never hope that anything in SL is exclusive....I want people to obtain these rare items. at anytime, at any place. for any price. sharing is caring...and im in now way "elite" but I know new players should be given the chance.

NECROREAPER
10-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Yes, sharing is caring

Exploiting is exploiting

vaffunculo
10-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Being a true Star legends and Pocket legends player, I don't mind vanity's going on sale, and would never hope that anything in SL is exclusive....I want people to obtain these rare items. at anytime, at any place. for any price. sharing is caring...and im in now way "elite" but I know new players should be given the chance.

This is the way PL community should be.

wvhills
10-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Makes sense from a profit standpoint to sell things already designed. Ca be frustrating for some players but I believe that the amount of new players willing to purchase far outweighs the amount of frustrated oldies. :(

Up to a point it makes sense but whenever I start feeling less like a player and more like a "revenue source" it's a big turnoff and makes me want to play less and less. You've seen this also stomp with the amount of friends we've had quit recently.

StompArtist
10-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Up to a point it makes sense but whenever I start feeling less like a player and more like a "revenue source" it's a big turnoff and makes me want to play less and less. You've seen this also stomp with the amount of friends we've had quit recently.

Player base seems to be shifting :(

NECROREAPER
10-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Yes, sharing is caring

Exploiting is exploiting