PDA

View Full Version : Is selling art/graphics for gold allowed?

Teases
06-06-2017, 05:37 PM
Also, partially related: who wants a signature? Just include what you'd like it to look like in your post. :eagerness:

Visiting
06-06-2017, 05:48 PM
Yeah people do it all the time in the art section/contest section :)

Teases
06-06-2017, 06:08 PM
Thanks! Think I might set up shop in the art section after I make some examples.

runagain
06-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Imo it's the same as selling/buying gold for irl money, because basically you're selling an irl item for an ingame items.. But this is legit (draws) and the other thingy isn't (sel/buy gold) lol somehow...

PEMA
06-06-2017, 10:21 PM
Imo it's the same as selling/buying gold for irl money, because basically you're selling an irl item for an ingame items.. But this is legit (draws) and the other thingy isn't (sel/buy gold) lol somehow...
The irony huehuehue

Kingofninjas
06-06-2017, 11:37 PM

A counter argument could be made that since the signature is still virtual, it is not an IRL item.

Majin
06-09-2017, 01:03 AM
Most of SIG's are made by art shops on forms for exchange of gold and item in game.
Yes it's allowed.

m3cy
06-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Yes its allowed some how idk why

Horme
06-09-2017, 09:18 PM
Since signature/art/etc. isn't in game currency the risk of being scamed is high.

herculeans
06-09-2017, 11:10 PM
Yes it is guys I'm back from Monday visit my shop

Vvildfire
06-09-2017, 11:20 PM
Since signature/art/etc. isn't in game currency the risk of being scamed is high.

To be honest, it is (or can easily be) a very safe transaction. I've seen sig makers post the requested signature with a watermark on it, to see if the buyer is satisfied with it. Once they're paid they remove the watermark.
The buyer most likely doesn't want a sig with the watermark on it, and the sig maker wouldn't lose anything by giving the full product. Except for credibility, which is bad for him.

Moreover, it's a public thing. Every Forumer can see that so-and-so is doing his job honestly.

I don't think signature buying should be removed, it's always a pleasure to see AL art (in every form).

If anything, it's the sig maker who risks the most, potentially spending time for something the buyer ultimately isn't satisfied with.