PDA

View Full Version : It's time for a change here!

stricker20000
06-06-2017, 06:51 PM
Nope, I did not give it up yet .. :P

This is a problem for iOS players.

The problem is simple... when crafting jewels or anything else iOS palyers always have to wait for the animation to finish when pressing "complete".

While android devices got some kind of "back"-button and PC (chrome) got "Esc" to skip the animation, iOS devices don't have such a thing. Especially after farming jewels the crafting time on iOS devices is way higher than on android or chrome. Thats why people who have the option switch to PC or android phone etc just for crafting purposes.

So the solution would be: Make the animation surmountable in a "normal" way by tapping the screen.

Because I know you might say that we are already able to skip it I did some screenshots to make it more clearly.

So when pressing "complete" you will see this sequence...
...which you can't skip by tapping.

Once you reach the following point of the sequence you can "tap it away".

Hope you guys do something about it, saw many people struggling with the long crafting times on iOS devices. Can't be the behalf of the developers that people need to (and will) use "Esc" and 'Back-Button' on implied devices to make crafting more comfortable.
---> Just make that animation surmountable in game (by touching)

Thanks for reading.

PS: That short animation may sound ridiculous, but it IS a serious loss of time and nerves compared to chrome/android where you can skip it. Earlier in the game whne this was implemented we had to craft small amounts. Now we craft tons. Each item we have to complete adds the animation time.

Beatmap
06-06-2017, 06:59 PM
+1 to this

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Visiting
06-06-2017, 07:13 PM
Something that should have been implemented day one of the crafting system ...

Alhuntrazeck
06-06-2017, 10:37 PM
+1. This is an essential quality of life update!

Visiting
06-06-2017, 11:06 PM
+1. This is an essential quality of life update!

This guy is an expert on quality of life essentials, listen to him devs!

will0
06-06-2017, 11:30 PM
just remove that animation is slow down the process

Faliziaga
06-07-2017, 12:45 AM
We've said it several times already, and yes, it's time for a change! Also JustG has promised to make it possible to skip the animation, if only I'd find the quote. . .

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?313373-Weekly-Community-Update-April-20th-2016&highlight=weekly+community

04-20-2016, 06:15 PM

Quality of Life Updates: You want it, you got it!
Upgrade and crafting completed cut scenes can now be skipped

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?337500-Clicking-through-finished-crafting-screen-and-chests-to-skip&highlight=skip+animation

While I am at it, our crafting recipes are a mess, we have two tabs only (jewels+event). Jewels are fine but all other recipes are thrown into the event section. How about adding some more tabs like 'chests', 'artifacts', 'Somberholt', 'weapons'?

Pollata
06-07-2017, 02:53 AM
I use an android but never seen a back button there :O

Faliziaga
06-07-2017, 02:59 AM
I use an android but never seen a back button there :O

It's on the right side of my home button, on the device , not on the screen.

Btw what is also extremely annoying is the fact that the AL app drains battery even while not running in the foreground. If I have grabbed my Android mobile S6 to craft my jewels that I've farmed on my ipad, I get a warning the next morning that AL has high battery drain, even though I closed the app manually. Only a system check closes the AL app so that it doesn't drain anymore.

PEMA
06-07-2017, 05:01 AM
Just add a "skip" button similar to when opening chests/crates/kits

PS: Thanks for the "back-button" info. I've been farming jewels for 5 months now and I didn't know about this until now 😂

Fsuryo
06-07-2017, 06:15 AM
Just add a "skip" button similar to when opening chests/crates/kits

PS: Thanks for the "back-button" info. I've been farming jewels for 5 months now and I didn't know about this until now 😂
Back button faster than skip option when opening chest etc. [emoji14]

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

stricker20000
06-07-2017, 06:21 AM
Back button faster than skip option when opening chest etc. [emoji14]

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Yes, it is. IMO external stuff like those buttons should not be necessary to improve our game experience. We all want to skip that animation just by touching the screen :) (I'm not speaking baout chests, just crafting)

intizamfamily888
06-07-2017, 07:46 AM
Android ftw!

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

stricker20000
06-07-2017, 09:12 AM
Android ftw!

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Lol tht doesn't help anyone :p

Chocolaty
06-07-2017, 11:03 AM
As both an iOS and Android user i don't see a problem. How about letting the Dev's focus on better upcoming content then small trivial matters like this? Not trying to belittle or be mean. :*

Horme
06-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Save for second device to craft those jewels.

stricker20000
06-07-2017, 11:46 AM
As both an iOS and Android user i don't see a problem. How about letting the Dev's focus on better upcoming content then small trivial matters like this? Not trying to belittle or be mean. :*

Well that's not aproblem that takes a lot time to fix. New content means this problem will be transfered into the new content as well.

Have you ever farmed jewels and crafted those on iOS device? No? Do it and you will chnage your mind lol

stricker20000
06-07-2017, 11:48 AM

Thats exactly the point. Shouldnt be a matter of the device to be able to craft.
I have chrome device ofc but why do I need to log in on PC just to be able to craft properly?

extrapayah
06-07-2017, 11:49 AM

if devs can't do/fix this small (but not trivial, imo, because like the op has said, we craft a lot in the game) matter in a day or less,
then i'm afraid we can't expect better upcoming update any soon.

and it is said that they had implemented it a year ago.

stricker20000
06-07-2017, 11:50 AM

Well, thats exactly the point. It should not be a matter of the device wether I have a good crafting experience or not.
I do have PC with chrome but I don't want to log in to AL on PC just to be able to craft properly.

extrapayah
06-07-2017, 11:58 AM
also while we're at it, another small fix that can help is to not return to main crafting screen after crafting an item
, ability to access recipes even when our crafting slots are all used, and
information about crafting time in recipes screen

Visiting
06-07-2017, 12:20 PM
As far as ways to better improve the crafting system, I'd say that a "finish all" option would be nifty instead of having to wait half a minute for all 5 crafts to complete.

Justg
06-07-2017, 12:57 PM
That short animation may sound ridiculous, but it IS a serious loss of time and nerves compared to chrome/android where you can skip it. Earlier in the game whne this was implemented we had to craft small amounts. Now we craft tons. Each item we have to complete adds the animation time.

We are putting a Skip Animation button in for you guys.

Chocolaty
06-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Well that's not aproblem that takes a lot time to fix. New content means this problem will be transfered into the new content as well.

Have you ever farmed jewels and crafted those on iOS device? No? Do it and you will chnage your mind lol

I farmed all my mages jewels on my iPad, and i didn't have a problem with it.

Avaree
06-07-2017, 01:07 PM

Sweet! Thanks dev team!!

extrapayah
06-07-2017, 01:41 PM
thank you for the (intention of making) button

but a very simple tap-to-skip / click-to-skip is enough, imo, and i believe it's easier to implement for devs too :D

creeepycreeepy
06-07-2017, 02:08 PM
I farmed all my mages jewels on my iPad, and i didn't have a problem with it.
Well when you socket cracked diamond jewels its not so bad.

stricker20000
06-07-2017, 02:40 PM

Wow, tyvm :)

But yea tap to skip is enough and maybe better option as well! However it is easier for you guys to make. E.g. chests have the skip button but you can also skip each frame by tapping so maybe crafting finish gets skip button and tap-to-skip? :P