PDA

View Full Version : I am concerned that gold loot may be crushing the game

Behoove
06-08-2017, 04:39 AM
I feel like gold loot soon crushes the game...
I myself am using avarice set and gl weapon but with all the new slots, it's getting way too much.
Grave location 10%
Heroic lucky 40%
Weapon ~200% (max 400%)
Avarice set (mine is 290% - max 350)
And now sts lets us awaken artifacts and rings which could be maxed out to another 150% gl each...if sts keeps bringing more and more awakable items into this, i feel like the market is crushing soon! Atm the max amount you can have is 1100% gl

Just to compare, atm I have 440% gl and with running m5+6 i can make a mil in like 2-3 hours for sure (that's without any massive drops, just pure gold)

The main problem is, by increasing gold loot, all prices keep rising a lot and new players or poorer players can't keep up with it and stop playing as they can't afford and good gear! That's not what this gold loot thing should aim to!

Hail
06-08-2017, 05:27 AM
I agree completely, I don't know how but perhaps a nerf to the gl % would be a start. Vanity prices are all ready ridiculous. The only other option would be an increased gold sink (potion prices increased) but I doubt anyone would like that.

Kakashis
06-08-2017, 05:56 AM
I only have 100% gold loot and from what I see, it seems like the inflation has already taken its toll. No real good items in mauso other than gold.

Alwarez
06-08-2017, 06:15 AM
nah, awakening kits bring sts huge $$$, unlike locks, which don't have anything useful since lv56 arcane weps

groot
06-08-2017, 06:28 AM
buy belt 80-100%gold loot , pm me ty

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk

Vvildfire
06-08-2017, 06:30 AM
I agree completely, I don't know how but perhaps a nerf to the gl % would be a start. Vanity prices are all ready ridiculous. The only other option would be an increased gold sink (potion prices increased) but I doubt anyone would like that.

I only have 100% gold loot and from what I see, it seems like the inflation has already taken its toll. No real good items in mauso other than gold.

I agree with these statements, but have nothing insightful to add.
The rise in prices of everything is getting scary.

Then again, the majority of endgamers seem pretty satisfied with the gold rush, so I don't feel like I should interfere.

ilovemcnuggets
06-08-2017, 07:02 AM
the reason why the market is the way it is. is because plat hoarders and gold loot isnt such a huge problem

and o yeah now you guys realize awaken is worst then para right and eyes right lol

it makes it even harder to obtain
para was free everyone could have it

Horme
06-08-2017, 07:56 AM
STS more focused on character stat which is boring, It will be awesome if they add some of new skill sets (not mastery) for each class.

Plqgue
06-08-2017, 08:11 AM
Scale Symia shard

Kakashis
06-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Scale Symia shard

Never seen or looted sympathy or shard. I did loot scale once, but that's just once and I'm already exorcist.

#bringweaponsss

Imback Al
06-08-2017, 08:59 AM
I ran mauso with 700% gold loot all the way thru and its only 300k.. maus 1-6 takes around an hour and a half with a good pt to finish (counting lich encounter and vori...) 300k in an hour and a half is really not game breaking. Woohoo I can buy swift lol...

thekragle
06-08-2017, 09:05 AM
I disagree with gold loot bonus being a bad thing. I don't even have high gold loot stats but it would seem that if prices skyrocket it's because there is demand for the item, meaning lots of players have tons of gold to spend. If it was too expensive and no one had gold the price would come down.

Seems to me prices are high because it is so easy to get gold in EVERY way. Converting plat to gold has never been easier. And everyone can get a high GL bonus if they spend tons of plat or gold on aquiring it.

Plqgue
06-08-2017, 09:34 AM
Never seen or looted sympathy or shard. I did loot scale once, but that's just once and I'm already exorcist.

#bringweaponsss

I've looted ten scales two symia a ton of mythic armors and have seen shard drop maus has great drops on top of gold loot I was making 1m+ a day with 0% gl now at 140% I'm making around 1.3-6

PS. @hail have you even made it to maus 5-6 yet? Or do you only dislike gold loot because you the person who decided not to farm for the goal of 5-6 can't afford anything anymore?

Hail
06-08-2017, 09:45 AM
PS. @hail have you even made it to maus 5-6 yet? Or do you only dislike gold loot because you the person who decided not to farm for the goal of 5-6 can't afford anything anymore?

No I haven't but that is none of your concern! I was inactive during the start of this expansion and up until about last week I have barely had an hour a day to play, who are you to judge me. But yeah, I am poor... there definitely isn't this thing called merching where the right people can make hundreds of thousands a day profit rather than spending their time picking up gold off the floor!

P.S last time I checked gold drops in every. single. pve. map. in. the. game. So just because I haven't unlocked 5/6 doesn't mean I don't have that option open to me (even though they are the most profitable maps).

Bmlty
06-08-2017, 09:45 AM
PS. @hail have you even made it to maus 5-6 yet? Or do you only dislike gold loot because you the person who decided not to farm for the goal of 5-6 can't afford anything anymore?[/QUOTE]

A little too far there. Dont start drama

Plqgue
06-08-2017, 10:05 AM
I ran mauso with 700% gold loot all the way thru and its only 300k.. maus 1-6 takes around an hour and a half with a good pt to finish (counting lich encounter and vori...) 300k in an hour and a half is really not game breaking. Woohoo I can buy swift lol...

1 1/2 hours lmao that gl slowing u down

Plqgue
06-08-2017, 10:08 AM

A little too far there. Dont start drama[/QUOTE]

The truth isn't drama buddy ...I've spent over 7m just awakening my items for more gold in maus and this person who won't even make the effort to reach the map is crying to basically make mine and everyone else who worked hard for our items effort mean nothing.

Hail
06-08-2017, 10:10 AM
The truth isn't drama buddy ...I've spent over 7m just awakening my items for more gold in maus and this person who won't even make the effort to reach the map is crying to basically make mine and everyone else who worked hard for our items effort mean nothing.

Unlucky....

But really... I am so sorry, let me just throw away my chances of a Law degree so I can spend more time farming some pixels to make you happy. It may only cost me thousands in real life but at least I can be rich in-game. <3

I am sorry having a life and commitments is considered lazy these days..

Plqgue
06-08-2017, 10:11 AM
No I haven't but that is none of your concern! I was inactive during the start of this expansion and up until about last week I have barely had an hour a day to play, who are you to judge me. But yeah, I am poor... there definitely isn't this thing called merching where the right people can make hundreds of thousands a day profit rather than spending their time picking up gold off the floor!

P.S last time I checked gold drops in every. single. pve. map. in. the. game. So just because I haven't unlocked 5/6 doesn't mean I don't have that option open to me (even though they are the most profitable maps).

Exactly so you can't use gold loot effectively except in two maps maus and esg ...why should your opinion matter if you can't even correctly say how much gold we're getting daily because you have no experience in actually looting the gold? Go back to merching and let us farmers have our things

Hail
06-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Exactly so you can't use gold loot effectively except in two maps maus and esg ...why should your opinion matter if you can't even correctly say how much gold we're getting daily because you have no experience in actually looting the gold? Go back to merching and let us farmers have our things

I was making 1m+ a day with 0% gl now at 140% I'm making around 1.3-6

Just because I can't farm m5/6 doesn't mean I can't read. If a single person is making over 1mil a day, how much is going into our economy with everyone elses lovely contributions? It honestly does scare me "as a lazy person".

EDIT: I'm done, we aren't going to change each others opinions on the topic, and you are obviously ignorant to the long term effects this is having on our economy. Goodnight <3

Plqgue
06-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Unlucky....

But really... I am so sorry, let me just throw away my chances of a Law degree so I can spend more time farming some pixels to make you happy. It may only cost me thousands in real life but at least I can be rich in-game. <3

I have two jobs and two kids yet I'm at 390K points and make a MIL+ daily ... you are lazy and you're trying to kill one of the best parts of the game which you lack actual knowledge of...as I've stated at 140% I'm making 300-600K more daily ....if I farm hard ...this isn't breaking anything ...

mrm
06-08-2017, 10:28 AM
Gold loot is not effecting the economy name any item you think effected by this

Visiting
06-08-2017, 10:35 AM
Gold loot is not effecting the economy name any item you think effected by this

Do you understand how inflation/hyperinflation work? ....

mrm
06-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Do you understand how inflation/hyperinflation work? ....
Like I said name any item I'll be able to example it to why its value went up or down

Visiting
06-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Like I said name any item I'll be able to example it to why its value went up or down

Locked crates, awakening kits, pets in general, belts, vanities, collectible items, arcanes/myths, housing junk, maybe elixirs (I'd have to check on this one since I haven't bought these in ages). Need I say more?

mrm
06-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Locked crates, awakening kits, pets in general, belts, vanities, collectible items, arcanes/myths, housing junk, maybe elixirs (I'd have to check on this one since I haven't bought these in ages). Need I say more?
1:lock's due to how rare they are currently and the fact of heroics
2: awaking gems: belt's and artifacts got an awaking option so people needs a lot of gems also rings will also get awaking now
3:pets have been stable I have bee merching with them since November Nekros price went up due to rare vials drop
4:Belts Due to them getting the ability to get awakenings
5:Some mythics/arcanes has gone up in price due to there procs for farming reason's. Ect. Dragon staff,glint agits,flameforg staff,dragon blades.
6:Don't lie housing stuff are stable if it is a tavern your revering to,it's due to the fact that you get more value buying and selling awaking kits then tavern's thus making the stock low
7:vanity's the mas band caused a huge los of vanity's. Meaning that they gain more value.Only vanity's like LB and alors where effected the red are all the same
8:collectibles: ofc there price will go up they are rare.Colectors hunt for rare items
..... Anything else...

Visiting
06-08-2017, 11:02 AM
1:lock's due to how rare they are currently and the fact of heroics
2: awaking gems: belt's and artifacts got an awaking option so people needs a lot of gems also rings will also get awaking now
3:pets have been stable I have bee merching with them since November Nekros price went up due to rare vials drop
4:Belts Due to them getting the ability to get awakenings
5:Some mythics/arcanes has gone up in price due to there procs for farming reason's. Ect. Dragon staff,glint agits,flameforg staff,dragon blades.
6:Don't lie housing stuff are stable if it is a tavern your revering to,it's due to the fact that you get more value buying and selling awaking kits then tavern's thus making the stock low
7:vanity's the mas band caused a huge los of vanity's. Meaning that they gain more value.Only vanity's like LB and alors where effected the red are all the same
8:collectibles: ofc there price will go up they are rare.Colectors hunt for rare items
..... Anything else...

So, you won't deny that these items have increased in price? Because that's my point friendo, more gold in the economy means that the economy can handle greater prices on items since more people can afford them due to the fact that they now in turn have more money to afford said items with. If the players couldn't afford these items the prices would drop, but they don't, they continue to rise with the gold incoming into the economy via gold loot. Gold inflation in AL has happened before (around the 41 cap) and it took the economy ages to come back from that through the use of gold sinks and banning plat farmers. The problem in this case is that the gold isn't coming into AL through shady means now, it's coming in by way of hardworking farmers, which while I think that's great, it still doesn't stop us from running into the problem of inflation in the end.

mrm
06-08-2017, 11:07 AM
So, you won't deny that these items have increased in price? Because that's my point friendo, more gold in the economy means that the economy can handle greater prices on items since more people can afford them due to the fact that they now in turn have more money to afford said items with. If the players couldn't afford these items the prices would drop, but they don't, they continue to rise with the gold incoming into the economy via gold loot. Gold inflation in AL has happened before (around the 41 cap) and it took the economy ages to come back from that through the use of gold sinks and banning plat farmers. The problem in this case is that the gold isn't coming into AL through shady means now, it's coming in by way of hardworking farmers, which while I think that's great, it still doesn't stop us from running into the problem of inflation in the end.
I am taking it that I wasted my last 10 mini trying to explain to you why these items went up in value did you not get the point of the post at all....I gave you a clear reason why there prices went up and it was not due to gold loot sigh

romyrafael
06-08-2017, 11:10 AM
true story.. more gold more people against ToS to selling gold (fact), lets see... yesterday, now or in future

Alwarez
06-08-2017, 11:10 AM
I am taking it that I wasted my last 10 mini trying to explain to you why these items went up in value did you not get the point of the post at all....I gave you a clear reason why there prices went up and it was not due to gold loot sigh

Red/green arlor vanities went up like 3x as well as northal/cryo vanities and plat vanities like desert assassin and weapon vanities. Doubt plat farmers hoarded them.

mrm
06-08-2017, 11:17 AM
Red/green arlor vanities went up like 3x as well as northal/cryo vanities and plat vanities like desert assassin and weapon vanities. Doubt plat farmers hoarded them.
Again look up red/green arlor went up after the massive band.Northal weapons are the same as always.Desert assassin was a plat purchased item from an event which means people will hoard them because 5-7 moths later they will be rareesh look at karmpus at the start of the year it was 200k now it is +-300-400k because people bought some for the ap, and some new player bought them to have a snazy pet,its also a good pet for farming events on a twink
Edit: fix double quote

Visiting
06-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Again look up red/green arlor went up after the massive band.Northal weapons are the same as always.Desert assassin was a plat purchased item from an event which means people will hoard them because 5-7 moths later they will be rareesh look at karmpus at the start of the year it was 200k now it is +-300-400k because people bought some for the ap, and some new player bought them to have a snazy pet,its also a good pet for farming events on a twink
Edit: fix double quote

Interesting thing is that the same thing happened to vanities/collectibles when we had inflation similar to this in the past. While I'm not discounting your reasoning on these items going up in price, but they're valid points, it's hard for player who've witnessed this cycle before to not see the parallels between them and now. Also, with cryo vanity weps, they've essentially doubled in price but the thing is, this items are still craftable are they not? I still have recipes to make this items in my inventory so correct me if I'm wrong there? Why would something that's still able to be supplied through farming keep rising in price so much, while it could be much higher demand than there was a few months ago, wouldn't it have made sense for more people to have wanted these items when they were cheap? Or maybe they just didn't have all that sweet sweet GL money? :suspicion:

mrm
06-08-2017, 12:22 PM
Interesting thing is that the same thing happened to vanities/collectibles when we had inflation similar to this in the past. While I'm not discounting your reasoning on these items going up in price, but they're valid points, it's hard for player who've witnessed this cycle before to not see the parallels between them and now. Also, with cryo vanity weps, they've essentially doubled in price but the thing is, this items are still craftable are they not? I still have recipes to make this items in my inventory so correct me if I'm wrong there? Why would something that's still able to be supplied through farming keep rising in price so much, while it could be much higher demand than there was a few months ago, wouldn't it have made sense for more people to have wanted these items when they were cheap? Or maybe they just didn't have all that sweet sweet GL money? :suspicion:
And the reason you do not craft it is?The ingreadins for the vanity are hard to gather up and take a while to gathere up a real long while .So who is farming the vanity's? Go do some random elite cryo runs people running there do not run to craft the vanity but purely for the sweat gold elite jadus drop.Crystore that comes after it,drops elite crystor chest which are 30k+.Talking about the vanity my friend (Ign:Fri) bought one yesterday but it was not with pure gold he traded with items,PM him and ask how hard it was to find a seller because a hand full of people owns it.

Plqgue
06-08-2017, 12:27 PM
He literally told you why those items price are increasing ...

Visiting
06-08-2017, 12:45 PM
And the reason you do not craft it is?The ingreadins for the vanity are hard to gather up and take a while to gathere up a real long while .So who is farming the vanity's? Go do some random elite cryo runs people running there do not run to craft the vanity but purely for the sweat gold elite jadus drop.Crystore that comes after it,drops elite crystor chest which are 30k+.Talking about the vanity my friend (Ign:Fri) bought one yesterday but it was not with pure gold he traded with items,PM him and ask how hard it was to find a seller because a hand full of people owns it.

I've crafted the daggers and currently own the bow, that's hardly my point here though. Why would I work hard if I can 'make' the gold to buy one after a few days of farming though? :eagerness:

TastyGoblin
06-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Not all can afford for gl :))

Arkiouj
06-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Unlucky....

totally agree with this, not everyone can be a nolifer and even then if I played all day I don't wanna run the same map over and over and over just to unlock another map, thats a chore not a game. I just came back recently and since new expansion is coming @STS can we atleast have some kind of catchup via tokens or gold or something

Fsuryo
06-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Im sorry but farming endlessly for JUST gold drops is the worst focus of a mmorpg.

If we dont see a steady flow of items in certain tiers of rarity then this is going to get crazy out of control.

More gold looted means your gold devalues (i.e. 50m gold pets when they truly are not worth that.

If the plan is to basically lift the average earning of people across the board then sts you need to focus on others too, not just those who can access higher rated dungeons.

We went from high grade end game people farming crates all day for meager wages earning 1/8 of what is possible now, to people farming millions and millions a week.

Now you got the new guys coming in with ZERO chance to even care about the game because they have no opportunity to earn gold beyond. Insignificant drops( and compare that to end game guy...). People expect little guy to have fun and decide to cap??? I truly hope sts has this worked out already but im thinking gold loot is the laziest addition to a game(i play games to farm rare items or what have you, not to walk around and have my pet pick up gold).

Implement a system that eats our gold ( upgradable item that will eat jewels, eggs, gold in exchange for a multitude of possibilities).

Something needs to drain gold reserves or we will be paying absolutely massive amounts of gold for our items and be forced to use GL to keep up.

Not Cool Sirs and Madams...

Thank you for your time gang,

Ign: Archonmage

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

mrm
06-08-2017, 03:53 PM
I've crafted the daggers and currently own the bow, that's hardly my point here though. Why would I work hard if I can 'make' the gold to buy one after a few days of farming though? :eagerness:
The bow if I rember right was 3 mil in auc.......let's do the math first you'll need to farm gold up for a 100% gl wrap which is 700k +- next farm SG
1sg run with 100% can give between 500g and 5k if your lucky
On avg you get 2k per run or let's who with 3k so that staf cost around 5-6 mil let's work on 5 mil 5mil 3k =1666runs...if you get 3k every run I get a random 500- 900g ever 3 runs.In maus it takes time to grind to be able to run ms 5 and 6.The reward for the grinding is the drops it offer but you still have to calculate in the time it will take to reach it also the amount of gold needed if your a mage to buy dragon staff.. So yea GL farming that thumbs up .And if you can afford that 200%GL set we'll then why do you even need gold.

Eagle Eye229
06-08-2017, 07:59 PM
You wont see the majority of the problems with this right away, slow killer

I can absolutely tell you if you think gold loot wont change the economy and cause inflation your sooo wrong(unless it is countered with gold sink or the like). truly look at what is actually happening:

People are farming MILLIONS OF NEW GOLD PIECES EACH DAY. Where does it go? Well we have our minor gold sinks that were created to counter gameplay WITHOUT any gold loot being thought of at the time ( Safe Assumption?)

Adding gold loot after gold loot bonuses that only the upper echelon of players can benifit fully from is a good thing for the game?how pls?

We are not talking " just 2x gold influx" from the awakening system, its out of control. These massive bonuses to gl should have been focused on Loower Levels only and gave end gamers items and such to farm. Do people realize that gold loot is or will double triple or quadruple the total amount of gold coming into AL?? Where do you all think its going and how can you not expect this to shake the economy? We are using outdated gold sinks with updated gold farming equip.

Look at the posts, one side verses the other , gl bad and gl good. Now look at the motive of these posts. Who seems to have valid points and concerns and who seems to only care about themselves? I care about AL cause sts has provided me with COUNTLESS hours of fun and many friends from all over. Just cause your bank of gold is nice to look at, there is always someone more well off than you, and when the time comes for new items and such to hit the streets it really wont be any different than if gold loot wasnt created as the price will be insane and your piggy banks will be jingleing again. Its going to create monopolies.

Only time will tell wut stg has up their sleeves but as of now im sticking to aps and helping others less fortunate lvl,quests, aps ect.

Thats whats good for the game and rewarding to me.

My posts are erratic, forgive me and thanks Y'all for your time.

Plqgue
06-08-2017, 08:11 PM
You wont see the majority of the problems with this right away, slow killer

I can absolutely tell you if you think gold loot wont change the economy and cause inflation your sooo wrong(unless it is countered with gold sink or the like). truly look at what is actually happening:

People are farming MILLIONS OF NEW GOLD PIECES EACH DAY. Where does it go? Well we have our minor gold sinks that were created to counter gameplay WITHOUT any gold loot being thought of at the time ( Safe Assumption?)

Adding gold loot after gold loot bonuses that only the upper echelon of players can benifit fully from is a good thing for the game?how pls?

We are not talking " just 2x gold influx" from the awakening system, its out of control. These massive bonuses to gl should have been focused on Loower Levels only and gave end gamers items and such to farm. Do people realize that gold loot is or will double triple or quadruple the total amount of gold coming into AL?? Where do you all think its going and how can you not expect this to shake the economy? We are using outdated gold sinks with updated gold farming equip.

Look at the posts, one side verses the other , gl bad and gl good. Now look at the motive of these posts. Who seems to have valid points and concerns and who seems to only care about themselves? I care about AL cause sts has provided me with COUNTLESS hours of fun and many friends from all over. Just cause your bank of gold is nice to look at, there is always someone more well off than you, and when the time comes for new items and such to hit the streets it really wont be any different than if gold loot wasnt created as the price will be insane and your piggy banks will be jingleing again. Its going to create monopolies.

Only time will tell wut stg has up their sleeves but as of now im sticking to aps and helping others less fortunate lvl,quests, aps ect.

Thats whats good for the game and rewarding to me.

My posts are erratic, forgive me and thanks Y'all for your time.

What part of the market is this hurting?? And which players can't benefit from it?
Anybody and I mean anybody can farm and unlock these maps and make enough gold doing so to afford a gl weap and once opened pretty much anything they need....as for drops maus has the best drops in game on top of gold loot in 394K points I've gotten an amazing amount of loot ...you literally just have to work for it..

Majin
06-09-2017, 12:34 AM
It's been more then 8months people r farming 500k+ to 1m everyday (mythic armor sale by most of them)..
There is already huuuuggeee amount of gold entered in economy and prices are not much increased compared to gold in player's pockets.
People have 10-50x more average gold then they were having from years but prices r not increased in that ratio.

It's more then amount of gold in economy for market.
Maybe new expansion will focus on item crafting where main ingredients are non tradable.
Sts always surprises us with awesomeness..
JustG's keep some trump cards with those swifty eyes ;)

QuaseT
06-09-2017, 02:21 AM
U farmed Maus 5-6 for weeks/months and i cant imagine farming 5m a day (as somebody said here). I ran maus with avarice set with 380% and made around 1-1.2 a day (8-10h farming). Gold loot is nice in general imo but i think this whole thing gets out of control. I mean some people say prices didnt crash but i see it a little bit different.
In 41 and lower cap were just a very low amount of end-game op items at start. For me it seems like every 2nd pvp player has op gear now. Rare items like arcane artifact are 150m or something, same with old vanities. This isnt a bad thing but in future if sts continues with gold loot rare items will be even higher, which isnt their intention if u think about the gold cap of 100m.

So all in all: keep the gold loot on that percentage but dont release new items which add gold loot.

Hint: Next expansion sts will just lower the gold drop rates and come with another system, maybe token for op items or crafting non-tradeable items only.
thank you ~Qua

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

intizamfamily888
06-09-2017, 02:53 AM
Just nerf the global gold drop by 50%

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Snoobcat
06-09-2017, 03:02 AM
What part of the market is this hurting?? And which players can't benefit from it?
Anybody and I mean anybody can farm and unlock these maps and make enough gold doing so to afford a gl weap and once opened pretty much anything they need....as for drops maus has the best drops in game on top of gold loot in 394K points I've gotten an amazing amount of loot ...you literally just have to work for it..

Do you know hyperinflation that happened in Zimbabwe? You could have 100,000,000,000,000 dollar bill (one hundred trillion) and is only enough to buy a bread.
Now imagine if awakening gems rises in price to one million gold apiece. Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Well not exactly though since every endgamers now have billions of gold in their stash. And when i said "endgamer" i mean every endgamers that took part in maus goldmadnesss, merchants or farmers.
Now this may not look bad to YOU, because you said it yourself anyone that doesn't play maus is a bunch of lazy filthy casual and doesn't deserve to play this game , but how about the new players? What if they see the price of legendary weapons/eggs in tens of millions when they can hardly get 100k in a week? Where can they get all the gold to be a somewhat decent player in this game? Idk about other players but I quit 2 years ago after playing for a few months in this game because as a new player, the only way to get gold at that time was to lick jarl's butt so he can give me a few lockeds to feed my heh "legendary" deer. I was extremely lucky at that time though since I did a bunch of free offers to get plats so I can open those locked watch crate and I opened it during shark week to loot a Hammerjaw! Worth abt 4m at that time (and my total asset at that time just got quadrupled after months of farming jarl) Wow me so rich! Wow samael 25m...Wow kershal 50m........ Uninstall. Those dark age may make a comeback if sts decides to give everyone 6969% gold loot.
Wow dovabear 15m, wow nightshade 30m, wow heroic nekro ur credit card, ur House, ur car, ur firstborn and 50 years into slavery. Doesn't matter you can play AL!

And what about an actual casual players in this game though? This is a mobile game, not everyone has the time to invest hours into this game. And when they hear that you need to farm weeks to months so you can unlock the next area so you can do MORE farming so you can unlock the next area so you can do EVEN MORE farming™, this is surely the best idea that every casuals would love to do! /s

mrm
06-09-2017, 04:25 AM
Do you know hyperinflation that happened in Zimbabwe? You could have 100,000,000,000,000 dollar bill (one hundred trillion) and is only enough to buy a bread.
Now imagine if awakening gems rises in price to one million gold apiece. Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Well not exactly though since every endgamers now have billions of gold in their stash. And when i said "endgamer" i mean every endgamers that took part in maus goldmadnesss, merchants or farmers.
Now this may not look bad to YOU, because you said it yourself anyone that doesn't play maus is a bunch of lazy filthy casual and doesn't deserve to play this game , but how about the new players? What if they see the price of legendary weapons/eggs in tens of millions when they can hardly get 100k in a week? Where can they get all the gold to be a somewhat decent player in this game? Idk about other players but I quit 2 years ago after playing for a few months in this game because as a new player, the only way to get gold at that time was to lick jarl's butt so he can give me a few lockeds to feed my heh "legendary" deer. I was extremely lucky at that time though since I did a bunch of free offers to get plats so I can open those locked watch crate and I opened it during shark week to loot a Hammerjaw! Worth abt 4m at that time (and my total asset at that time just got quadrupled after months of farming jarl) Wow me so rich! Wow samael 25m...Wow kershal 50m........ Uninstall. Those dark age may make a comeback if sts decides to give everyone 6969% gold loot.
Wow dovabear 15m, wow nightshade 30m, wow heroic nekro ur credit card, ur House, ur car, ur firstborn and 50 years into slavery. Doesn't matter you can play AL!

And what about an actual casual players in this game though? This is a mobile game, not everyone has the time to invest hours into this game. And when they hear that you need to farm weeks to months so you can unlock the next area so you can do MORE farming so you can unlock the next area so you can do EVEN MORE farming™, this is surely the best idea that every casuals would love to do! /s
Your logic here is worth the same as Zimbabwe dollars.At that time plat farming was causing the high price's you are talking about.Sets said they have a plan for new player to easily grind through sumerhold when its outdated.A seriously how meny times must I say it more leme caps it AWAKING GEMS ARE GOING UP IN PRICE DUE TO THE HIGH REQUEST FOR THEM BECAUSE OF BELTS AND RINGS AND ARTIFACTS GETING AWAKING OPTION.And more about the gold drop from maus I recommend you read qua's post up there.Also rember the gold they make are not from gold drops alone also from tokens+loot(The pet egg and scale).

Snoobcat
06-09-2017, 05:32 AM
Your logic here is worth the same as Zimbabwe dollars.At that time plat farming was causing the high price's you are talking about.Sets said they have a plan for new player to easily grind through sumerhold when its outdated.A seriously how meny times must I say it more leme caps it AWAKING GEMS ARE GOING UP IN PRICE DUE TO THE HIGH REQUEST FOR THEM BECAUSE OF BELTS AND RINGS AND ARTIFACTS GETING AWAKING OPTION.And more about the gold drop from maus I recommend you read qua's post up there.Also rember the gold they make are not from gold drops alone also from tokens+loot(The pet egg and scale).

I remember months ago before ppl start having 6969% goldloot, awakening gems costs around 12k-13k. And when there is a huge spike in demands, at best its still worth 20k. Now its the opposite. I hoarded 100+ awakening gems when it was 20k and sold them for 30k. What do you think caused this inflation, huh? Surely the billions of gold ppl looted in maus dont affect gold value. Because gold definitely cant be influenced by supply & demand and gold surely have a static value forever. Well now i can see the logic when a prime minister in some country said he doesnt believe in inflation and keep printing money like a toilet paper and ignore the fact that their country is dying.

Im done with this thread. I hope sts takes my suggestion and gives everyone 6969% gold loot. One awakening gems costs millions sounds awesome doesn't it?

mrm
06-09-2017, 05:48 AM
I remember months ago before ppl start having 6969% goldloot, awakening gems costs around 12k-13k. And when there is a huge spike in demands, at best its still worth 20k. Now its the opposite. I hoarded 100+ awakening gems when it was 20k and sold them for 30k. What do you think caused this inflation, huh? Surely the billions of gold ppl looted in maus dont affect gold value. Because gold definitely cant be influenced by supply & demand and gold surely have a static value forever. Well now i can see the logic when a prime minister in some country said he doesnt believe in inflation and keep printing money like a toilet paper and ignore the fact that their country is dying.

Im done with this thread. I hope sts takes my suggestion and gives everyone 6969% gold loot. One awakening gems costs millions sounds awesome doesn't it?
I give up FFS your an idiot what happened in yesterdays update rings got an awaking meaning that the demand is higher now what do you not understand and your 6969 joke clearly show your immature I'm done with this crap I'm out

Areogor
06-09-2017, 05:53 AM
Leave Zimbabwe out of this ;-;
Dude when awaken gems was 13k only weaps can be awakened
Now if a person can afford a 200gl weap does he realy need gold....
Gl is ruining the game
But it's not the reason prices in auc is going up

Animesh 123
06-09-2017, 06:41 AM
Getting gold at lower levels is tough and plz do away with the trade permit thing

Plqgue
06-09-2017, 09:00 AM

Gold loot isn't affecting the pet market or they would have gone up higher ....most if the eggs dropped during eggxavier are being used up for 150 pet aps kershal is rising price because it's rare and the best mage vanity .... the only thing that has gone up even a little is weapons ....and that's because everyone is looking for the same one or two for pve y'all are literally overreacting ....

Plqgue
06-09-2017, 09:02 AM

Lol it couldn't have been the more items that could be awakened that got added that made the price of elite awaken gems go up ...I mean that would be preposterous

Plqgue
06-09-2017, 09:04 AM

Oh gee it couldn't be all the new items that were able to awaken now causing the price to go up ...I mean that would be preposterous

Medusazx
06-09-2017, 09:43 AM
I play like 10 days in a month and doesn't have any gold loot . But i'm still catching up though it's very hard .

With the lack of new items in game ,
I think this is what made current item price face an increase in demand thus making it more expensive .

Serillia
06-09-2017, 09:50 AM
He literally told you why those items price are increasing ...

You're missing the entire point here. Hyperinflation doesn't affect just a certain item directly. When everyone in the economy gets insane amounts of gold, they will have enough to spend ridiculous amounts on stuff that were rather low priced earlier. This inturn will ruin the game for the new players because they will not have gold loot to start with. The reasons he stated are perfectly valid. But the reason people are willing to pay high prices for it is because a lot of people have the money to spend on it. Locks were rare yes. But it was 4k 2 months ago when there wasn't a lot of gold loot in the economy. Same situation 2 months later, when every slot and their mother has gold loot, locks are close to 9k. Ever wondered why your country's bank doesn't print out unlimited currency and make everyone in the country rich? Hyperinflation leads to an economy's downfall and the amount of gold loot slots possible is rather disconcerting.

Serillia
06-09-2017, 09:52 AM
Gold loot isn't affecting the pet market or they would have gone up higher ....most if the eggs dropped during eggxavier are being used up for 150 pet aps kershal is rising price because it's rare and the best mage vanity .... the only thing that has gone up even a little is weapons ....and that's because everyone is looking for the same one or two for pve y'all are literally overreacting ....

SnS 2 months ago - 3 - 3.3 mil. (when only weps had awaken and greed/desire set)
SnS currently 4 mil +

See the increase?

Plqgue
06-09-2017, 11:29 AM
SnS 2 months ago - 3 - 3.3 mil. (when only weps had awaken and greed/desire set)
SnS currently 4 mil +

See the increase?

Yes because the eggs are being used up from eggzavier event as I just said and it really hasn't gone up that far seeing how sns used to be at least ten times the price it is now...you literally replied to why it went up

mrm
06-09-2017, 12:41 PM
You're missing the entire point here. Hyperinflation doesn't affect just a certain item directly. When everyone in the economy gets insane amounts of gold, they will have enough to spend ridiculous amounts on stuff that were rather low priced earlier. This inturn will ruin the game for the new players because they will not have gold loot to start with. The reasons he stated are perfectly valid. But the reason people are willing to pay high prices for it is because a lot of people have the money to spend on it. Locks were rare yes. But it was 4k 2 months ago when there wasn't a lot of gold loot in the economy. Same situation 2 months later, when every slot and their mother has gold loot, locks are close to 9k. Ever wondered why your country's bank doesn't print out unlimited currency and make everyone in the country rich? Hyperinflation leads to an economy's downfall and the amount of gold loot slots possible is rather disconcerting.
Like I said locks are rare yes you mentioned it.Combo that with heroic pet's that are on a high wanted list like lucky people will pop lock's. People who farm won't but lock's why would they?.Lock framing is dead because you get more value in time farming elite SG or Mausoleum where massive locks can be looted as an extra perk.
.SnS gives amazing stats.It is an ideel pet for rogue stat slotting. With different base pet's used in different situations you'll need plenty of egg's and we all know rogue's are not afraid to dish out gold for that extra stats.Also rember the graveyard coin bug with sns? that also spiked the price

Ilovearrows
06-09-2017, 01:42 PM
Hopefully this awakening madness is just preparation for upcoming expansion that will demand higher stats other then that this is not leading to anything good nerfs to gold drop need to be done...

Bmlty
06-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Yes because the eggs are being used up from eggzavier event as I just said and it really hasn't gone up that far seeing how sns used to be at least ten times the price it is now...you literally replied to why it went up
Sns can be bought with crate tokens so an unlimited supply of sns eggs are available as long as locks keep being opened

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

mrm
06-09-2017, 04:47 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?398136-Opinions-on-Gold-Loot-awakenings

Now then would be mighty fine if ya all went and checked out what justg said.

Justg
06-09-2017, 04:53 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?398136-Opinions-on-Gold-Loot-awakenings

Now then would be mighty fine if ya all went and checked out what justg said.

I said this:

We're definitely watching these threads, as well as the gold flow into and out of the economy. The truth is much less drastic than some people have been hypothesizing. A healthy economy is in all of our bests interests, so rest assured we'll continue to keep an eye on it and take appropriate steps as necessary.

:)

leslietheone
06-09-2017, 05:58 PM
I said this:

:)

as always wise as fOck

m3cy
06-09-2017, 06:37 PM
Hope next expansions better I wanna see the lock grand crate returned. I miss lock farming.. pff

intizamfamily888
06-10-2017, 02:37 AM
Idk but i somehow i feel like these awakenings gems are our new gold sink, which people were demanding, because i know several players who spent like 4-5k plat or 20m+ on awakening just their belt....

Vvildfire
06-10-2017, 02:48 AM
Idk but i somehow i feel like these awakenings gems are our new gold sink, which people were demanding, because i know several players who spent like 4-5k plat or 20m+ on awakening just their belt....

I believe a gold sink is supposed to consume gold, not pass it onto someone else. You only "awaken" a weapon once for 5k.

intizamfamily888
06-10-2017, 04:15 AM
I believe a gold sink is supposed to consume gold, not pass it onto someone else. You only "awaken" a weapon once for 5k.
U will end up loosing gold aswell, since it's not guaranteed to get a good awakening and not everybody is "lucky"

Hail
06-10-2017, 04:58 AM
U will end up loosing gold aswell, since it's not guaranteed to get a good awakening and not everybody is "lucky"

lol... the gold is still in the economy though.

Froze.Exe
06-10-2017, 05:31 AM
The best solution s to increase tax n the auction. So that mercher wont abuse listing op price at auction...

Horme
06-10-2017, 05:45 AM
The best solution s to increase tax n the auction. So that mercher wont abuse listing op price at auction...

Newbies will complain more about this.

Xtremez
06-10-2017, 06:34 AM
I dunno about what sts is up to but it might happen

intizamfamily888
06-10-2017, 06:53 AM
lol... the gold is still in the economy though.
Actually not when the kits get used up

Hail
06-10-2017, 07:03 AM
Actually not when the kits get used up

Player A buys awakening kits with platinum and lists cs for 250k
Player B (who has farmed gold) buys Player A's kits for 250k.
250k goes from B to A.

A gold sink is buying spendsalot vanity...
Player C buys 10m vanity - that 10m does not go to another player... thus it is out of the economy

intizamfamily888
06-10-2017, 07:05 AM
Player A buys awakening kits with platinum and lists cs for 250k
Player B (who has farmed gold) buys Player A's kits for 250k.
250k goes from B to A.

A gold sink is buying spendsalot vanity...
Player C buys 10m vanity - that 10m does not go to another player... thus it is out of the economy
Ok got it my fault

Korabiv
06-10-2017, 09:51 AM
Here is what I love/hate about the gold loot system:

The best and coolest part of gold loot is it is more benificial to people who farm hard. Unlike the "luck" system of the past, gold loot benefits those who play and farm the most. The luck system made profits unstable. Someone could farm hours and earn the same amount of gold as someone who farmed 5 minutes, all based on luck drops. So in some ways, I like the gold loot system.

The reason I hate this is simple. I really don't know what the people who are defending all the gold looted are getting there reasoning from. Here is how I see it. The main way gold is "lost" in the economy is from auc listing fees. Other ways are buying pots, sir spendalot vanities, crafting fees, etc. The main way gold is "gained" in the economy is gold drops. Other ways are looting gold from lockeds, finishing quests, opening certain chests, etc. The problem is the amount gained is surpassing the amount lost, resulting in more gold in the over all market. Basic economics then dictates that when there is more overall gold, prices on everything goes up. Even tho some people are trying to deny it, this is the truth. Now how much the amount gained is greater then the amount lost is arguable. But as sts continues to add more gold into the economy (via gold loot awakens being added), prices for everything will continue to rise unless they add a new gold sink. I mean no disrespect to those defending that gold loot is good, but this is the undeniable fact. How much prices will increase is unpredictable, but they will no doubt go up, even if it is only minorly.

In summary: gold loot strongly benefits those who have high gold loot items, and provides a disadvantage to those who don't have gold loot/ don't have a lot of time to play. I hate how people make it sound so easy to earn gold. Yes there is easy ways to earn gold if you have high gold loot, high tier gear, good pts to run with, and lots of experience. But seeing how many people lack most of these, gold is not so easy for "everyone" to obtain. I will constinently see the "rich" call out weak players, saying terrible things to them, or just leave the random party because the run is too slow. How then are these "weak" players supposed to make this gold, which apparently is so easy to get? Not everyone has the same opportunity to farm gold, and I strongly feel these gold loot awakens being added continue to add to the wealth gap and exclude more and more players from the game as they can not keep up with prices. If you find any flaws in my reasoning given, pls comment as I am trying to understand both sides of this arguement. I mean no offense to any of the previous posts in this tread.

Midgard_papa
06-10-2017, 10:03 AM
Is the issue more people have a way to make money. I don't think so.
Runningn endgame maps in lvl10 gear.
Maybe the real issue here...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk