PDA

View Full Version : Add a NPC that toggles the elite level

nazgulking
10-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Hey there folks,

after seeing some of the posts on the forum about people wanting to obtain the Crown of persistance, I think I have found a compromise to achieve that.
Why not having a NPC in every city (from the sewers forward), that toggles the elite level (the player must enter a dialogue with the NPC and select the "toggle elite level" option to activate this feature).
For example in the sewers the fallen prince will make the exp for level 56 to go to 80k. The elite level can gain experience only from the campaign it should be from.
For example again in the sewers getting exp for the elite level 56 will be gained only by sewer levels and not above.
This way if someone wants to get their price can still do it, and if he doesn't want it just skip the elite level (forbidding to get the actual elite level price) and take their time, without the anguish to rush it because a new level cap is coming.

What do you think?

Feedback delivered.

Ayc2000
10-15-2011, 01:38 PM
+1
this idea would be hard to input, but if it is, I think it would solve a lot of problems :)

Nourish
10-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Smart idea :) and it can have option to go back to normal

adidaman
10-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Simply, no. 56 was an elite level for a certain period of time, same as 61. It's not coming back, it's not being resurrected, the cop is done. Gone. Out. People need to stop bringing up this subject. Ps. This is coming from someone who did not get 56 and does not have a cop.

Roc
10-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Simply, no. 56 was an elite level for a certain period of time, same as 61. It's not coming back, it's not being resurrected, the cop is done. Gone. Out. People need to stop bringing up this subject. Ps. This is coming from someone who did not get 56 and does not have a cop.

Vanities are bringing brought back like a necromancer raising them from the dead, so I have no objections as far as that argument is concerned. I would love a toggling option :wink:

Otukura
10-15-2011, 01:54 PM
What would you do for the people who just hit 56 the regular way, and now want to do the elite level?

nazgulking
10-15-2011, 02:06 PM
What would you do for the people who just hit 56 the regular way, and now want to do the elite level?

This option must be toggled before hitting 56, otherwise it will retain the normal exp curve. Therefore those that have already hit 56, would not have the option to toggle the "elite cap" option. On another note, if you reset your char (go back to level 1) and level back to 55, then the option would be there awaiting to be actived :)

TANKKAAR
10-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Considering I suggested this last month :) I still like it!....lol

Having 3 crowns myself IDC what happens really.... IMO whats done is done and people that had the chance to get the COP should have made the extra effort to get it! People that didnt have the chance.... honestly when it comes down to it, LIFE GOES ON :) The Rolling Stones said it best "You cant always get what you want"!

Now, With that said!! I present you with....................

BEST SOLUTION EVER!!!!!
As new players reach levels in which achievements were awarded (ie: 55-56 & 60-61) let them choose wether or not they want to pursue that achievement by requiring them to get the 83k & 103k XP or skip it and continue to level up!! This is great on so many levels because NOT only can they say they earned it and still have a chance for new vanity set bonus. But, it also puts MORE MONEY into STS pockets because i doubt they are going to wanna make these runs from 55 to 56 without plat elixers??

What are your thoughts on this???

nazgulking
10-15-2011, 02:08 PM
This is coming from someone who did not get 56 and does not have a cop.

And this suggestion is coming from someone who grinded to 56 when the elite cap was up. I was just addressing a problem that come back every once in a mont. This could be a viable way to solve the issue IMHO.

SUPAPRODIGY
10-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Nice idea as for people that Hit 56 already simply go to the NPC again and hit Hardcore 56 and bam your no longer 57 but 56 with what ever Exp u had when you were 57 or how long it took to get to 57 or just restart the whole thing fresh from 56......

+1

nazgulking
10-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Also a viable way, but I would permit to go from 57 to 56. The maximum would be 56 and if you select the option it will reset the exp to 0 and change the traget to 10X

Samhayne
10-15-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure such a change would work. Say the level cap is 66. It is much easier to grind the xp if you have some lvl 66 friends mowing mobs down and power leveling you through the 56 elite level to your CoP. At the end of the day, I think the team is good with saying people who did it when it was the level cap and those who were not around can not get it anymore.

adidaman
10-15-2011, 02:31 PM
^^ that

TANKKAAR
10-15-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm not sure such a change would work. Say the level cap is 66. It is much easier to grind the xp if you have some lvl 66 friends mowing mobs down and power leveling you through the 56 elite level to your CoP. At the end of the day, I think the team is good with saying people who did it when it was the level cap and those who were not around can not get it anymore.

Good point Sam :) I guess I didn't consider this as I haven't stepped foot in sewers since Nuri's.....lol

JaytB
10-15-2011, 02:53 PM

Indeed very valid point. It wouldn't be half as hard. When most of us (me and my in game friends) started the grind to 56, there weren't even 4x pots around yet (3x max). And, on top of that, using plat for elix wasn't as common and widespread as it is now. It would definitely make the grind to 56 a lot less challenging as compared to when the cap was 56.

nazgulking
10-29-2011, 09:44 AM

Actually I don't see the problem, but oh well :)

vaffunculo
10-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Reread this reply if you can't see the problem.

maneatingtree
10-29-2011, 10:00 AM
How bout an elite lvl cap for forest have like 20k xp and u get some vanity that would be for all the lvl 10-13 extreme twinks

nazgulking
10-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Reread this reply if you can't see the problem.

Reread, still the same. Anyway I don't see my suggestion to go through anyway. So it's ok.

P.S. You know you have an offensive name?

AbsolutePally
10-29-2011, 01:54 PM
I suggested the option awhile back. Considering Sams point I can see how it is less difficult to accomplish wit the help of friends. However, friends helping friends is a vital part of the game regardless and the plat purchased and spent will really boost sales. Not to mention, even if higher levels help in the dungeon I am sure, as it is now, people will common goals will be the ones potting. To reword that lol, other elite lvl questers will be potting to achieve more commonly than higher levels trying to help friends. More potters = more plat = more revenue.
I for one would delete my two chars to grind to 56 / 61 for the vanity bonus. My bird n bear were just 55 now only 60. If I,had the option like many others id get the crown n shield.

Xazic
10-29-2011, 04:11 PM
I suggested the option awhile back. Considering Sams point I can see how it is less difficult to accomplish wit the help of friends. However, friends helping friends is a vital part of the game regardless and the plat purchased and spent will really boost sales. Not to mention, even if higher levels help in the dungeon I am sure, as it is now, people will common goals will be the ones potting. To reword that lol, other elite lvl questers will be potting to achieve more commonly than higher levels trying to help friends. More potters = more plat = more revenue.
I for one would delete my two chars to grind to 56 / 61 for the vanity bonus. My bird n bear were just 55 now only 60. If I,had the option like many others id get the crown n shield.

If the devs would do this, i swear they would insult many players, including me. Players over platinum. Otherwise nobody to buy it. I seriously am tired of this CoP crap still being whined about.

AbsolutePally
10-29-2011, 05:00 PM
If the devs would do this, i swear they would insult many players, including me. Players over platinum. Otherwise nobody to buy it. I seriously am tired of this CoP crap still being whined about.
You have it...

Xazic
10-30-2011, 06:48 PM
You have it...

Thats why it would insult me -.-'
I worked for it that time. They did not. No need to cry. More elite vanities every lvl cap.

AdinoEznite
10-31-2011, 03:33 AM

I can understand the team's position but just to be fair the grind from 52-56 was already very fast with a 4x elixer without lvls higher than 56 in the rooms
with a good group literally the movement would not stop. i would never have to be in a room after a single smash/cruel blast/other combo
its almost to the point where runs could not be much faster at all
i remember thinking how ridiculous it was...5 exliered people lvling up was insanely fast, we wasted more time liquidating items than waltzing through the sewers

so having the lvl cap raise isnt going to be much of a problem if this is implemented, there is a physical limit to how fast the runs can get, and splitting up is no good because you still have to run to keep up and get the exp

heck the 4x elixered lvl 55 will probably out dmg the lvl 66 who probably wont elixer

not doing it also insults all of the new players who will not have the advantage you do in pvp
and having new players buy plat to take advantage of a toggle doesnt affect how you spend your platinum
the more money that STS has the more they can expand and develop more endgame material and more unique things that you will be able to take advantage of way before the other generation can

i really dont see why people cant let others have the same game experience they did
is it so wrong to let new players have the option acquire the same accomplishment they once did?

and actually this thread was about someone making a suggestion trying to better the community since they already had CoP
not about someone whining about not having CoP

Xazic
10-31-2011, 06:11 AM
not doing it also insults all of the new players who will not have the advantage you do in pvp
and having new players buy plat to take advantage of a toggle doesnt affect how you spend your platinum
the more money that STS has the more they can expand and develop more endgame material and more unique things that you will be able to take advantage of way before the other generation can

i really dont see why people cant let others have the same game experience they did
is it so wrong to let new players have the option acquire the same accomplishment they once did?

and actually this thread was about someone making a suggestion trying to better the community since they already had CoP
not about someone whining about not having CoP

As I said no need to cry anymore. The new elite vanity will give a set bonus with SotH, so if they leveled to 61... :encouragement:

AdinoEznite
10-31-2011, 08:55 PM
As I said no need to cry anymore. The new elite vanity will give a set bonus with SotH, so if they leveled to 61... :encouragement:

thats true but i know ppl that just want the CoP cause it looks cool lol

vaffunculo
10-31-2011, 09:00 PM
This horse is long dead, stop beating it. lol