PDA

View Full Version : evasion skill

Tobikuma
04-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Why was this nerfed?
not to say it was a little over powered, howeve 50% is still only half, but it gave a HUGE diversity to the "archer"
Whats the point on all the daggers ect. and shields if we cant even get survive 3 hits.

The evasion skill gave a new type of playing style.
The items we equip are "thief" "robber" "sai" "knife"
These are more common in classes that evade the attacks rather then getting hit, and more then just 20 sec.

Bring up the bows/crossbows damage lower the 1 hand weapons to make a better trade off then killing the evasion skill.
makes the player choose damage or survival build.
the archer is left cowering in a corner worse then a mage who can actully out damage, and out heal us.

Buvet
04-14-2010, 07:30 PM
I think that while you say that 50% is "only" half, that is really a lot of damage you're avoiding. Let's say that we have two characters, each with 500 hp, but one has evasion. Both would take 400 damage, but character A only takes 200. Now Character A is at 60% hp and character B is at 20%. This basically ruins warrior class because it is taking their "job" so to speak. What makes the classes balanced is that they rely on each other. The warrior is there to protect the mage and archer from the majority of enemies and soak the damage, the mage is in charge of some healing and weakening the enemies using AoE spells, and the archer is there to focus on singular enemies. This is what promotes teamwork and gives everyone the feeling of being useful. It's no fun to play a game where one character is getting all of the kills and no one else gets a chance to do anything unique.

I guess I just feel that the evasion skill is meant to be for just that: when an archer is cornered, they can cast evasion so that they can get out of there safely. The reason I think that bows vs. knives are balanced is because with a bow, one can attack from a range, and is therefore less threatened than if he or she was up in the melee. It's the risk factor that balances it, not the stats.

Eventually, I hope we'll see new classes that open up new possibilities and play styles to what you envision, but right now I think it's more important to have a balanced game.