PDA

View Full Version : The Second Great War

NoobianOfAlterra
10-15-2011, 03:04 PM
This is the sequel to nazgulking’s amazing tales.

Due to work, I don't have the time to finish all at once, so I'm adding maybe 300 words everyday, so stay tuned! :D

ACT 1

A forest. A dark forest. THE Dark Forest in fact. Deep inside the dark centre of the dark Dark Forest on a dark night, 10 of the most important humanoid creatures in Alterra gathered for the most important meeting in history.

They are all leaders of the superpowers of guilds around Alterra, including <Eclipse>, <Knights of Cydonia>, <Alliance of Alterra>, <Chicken Invasion>. <COT> and more. Finally, the avian leader of AOA (Alliance of Alterra), Woundedeagle, broke the awkward silence :indecisiveness:. “Why are we here? We could be chilling in my palace right now listening to soothing music while we talk, instead of this uncomfortable middle of nowhere!”

“We can’t,” said the cold and old Guild Master of COT (Tankkaar), “they have spies everywhere.” “Who has spies everywhere?” said the bewildered Woundedeagle. “The people of Fnord.” The word ‘Fnord’ caused many uneasy twitches. ‘Fnord’ was a land far from Alterra, a mysterious and powerful group of united guilds. They have always been hostile with the Alterrans.

“Why would Fnord be spying on us?” said the even more bewildered Woundedeagle.
Chickenrunnn, the GM of Chicken Invasion finally spoke. “They have recently elected a new leader. A powerful and ruthless warmonger. His name is Kanital.” “Kanital!? What a strange name! I bet I could kick his ***!!!!!” exclaimed the eager Woundedeagle. “Yeah! Let them bring it!”, rallied some other leaders.

The rude interruption angered Chicken. “LET ME FINISH THE WHOLE STORY OR I’LL KNOCK YOUR HEADS OFF WITH MY MACE!!!! :cower::boxing: “ This brought everyone under control, as Chicken is known to never joke. “Ever since the start of Kanital’s reign, a huge change has happened in Fnord...

Woundedeagle has became even more impatient with the cliffhanger. As he opened his mouth to say something, he was knocked in to next week by Chickenrunnn's mace. "Now I can continue my story without fear of interruption. :stupid: As I was saying, Kanital has started a revolutionising campaign in Fnord. He has united all organisations in the land in to 3 Guilds: Revelation, Severed and Unity. They consists of the elite of the elite fighters, and all that do not pass the test...dies. As soon as they finished preparations, they have moved all their forces to the borders of Alterra and Fnord. Our intelligence has reported that they shall attack on Christmas Eve, so 5 days from today."

"WHAT!? All our fighters are back at their homes with their families preparing for celebration!", Amuze of Eclipse exclaimed. "That is precisely their strategy. I have calculated that within 5 days we can gather a maximum of 500 fighters, against the 15,000s of enemies." "But...that would be impossible!" "No. We have THE trump card." All of the leaders face were shocked. "What!? Are you serious!? We had an oath never to use IT until we have no other choice!" "We HAVE no other choice." With that being said, the meeting was dismissed. What is the trump card? What can it do? What are the secrets behind it?

----------> The time is now 2 months later. A tired and battered avian called Newbieeeee is slowly staggering up Mount Fang. Half his body was soaked in blood, and his broken bow was held loosely on his side by a thin rope. As he slowly advanced, panting, he heard the loud and shrill sound of a horn. Terrified, he tries to run up the mountain faster, but he stumbled and fell on to the cold ground. *footsteps* Somewhere to the right of Newb, were grunt voices of Fnord Ursan officers. "Aargh, he carnt be too farrr arfff, I carn smerr hirm!" "Goorrrrrrrd, I'm soo hurngry forrrr rhe barrrrbequerr tornight." "Merrrr too!" As these stupid warriors approached Newb, he knew it was all over. He closed his eyes and recalled the overwhelming event in the past 2 months...

ACT 2
Ever since the new age of Alterra, battles were fought not on a battlefield where numbers determine the winner, but within a dungeons specifically built for these purposes. This minimized bloodshed and collateral damage to innocent civilians. Right now, as Newbieeeee slowly but on the heavy enchanted armor of obedience, he looked around him. His comrades, his mentors...this might be the last time he will see any of them. Suddenly, the mysterious announcer and commentator of the dungeons spoke in its unique rough and rasping metallic voice: "ALL WARRIORS! THE BATTLE BEGINS SOON!" A flurry of movement occured, and soon, with Chickenrunnn in front, the warriors of <Chicken Invasion> marched in to the arena, to either their doom or triumph.

"LET THE CTF MATCH...BEGIN!" The adrenaline fueled fighters charged out of their spawn rooms in menace. It was an uneven matche, with Chickenrunnn, team including himself as forward warbird, Blacklegionz as CCing dual bear, Largecommande as healing and nuking dexmage, and myself and Enigadaz as striking dexbirds, we could surely demolish any opponent. As our well trained group charged at the enemy flag, we were greeted by a shower of arrows and spells. We fell back in to formation, and saw clearly for the first time our powerful enemies. 5 menacing figures in black and red glyphs (demonic sets ;)) stood in our way, cutting us from the tantalizing flag. The tension was broken when Chickenrunnn rawred: “CHARGE!!”

Together we ran at the enemies, shooting, blast and slashing, using our combos. This was all stopped suddenly by the hulking warbird that we would later know to be called Dolloway at the front of the enemy group. His mysterious and darkly colored armor seemed to absorb all the attacks. Using this opportunity, his teammates viciously attacked, powerful bolts of energy and piercing arrows seemed to rip apart our armor. Though we dodged lots of the powerful strikes, we were eventually overwhelmed and all died, only taking down a mage with us. As we respawned, our foes charged for our flag. Is this really over that fast?

"Tactic Alpha!" Ordered Chicken. We quickly sprang in to groups on 2, with Chicken on his own. The new tactic was basically divide and conquer, beckoning or repulsing one enemy from their tight group and team them for certain kill. Though it may seem like cheating, it is one of our only options against these formidable opponents. Quickly, we halted the enemy's advance, but one incredibly strong paladin from the opposing team took on me and Black and won. His name was AbsolutePally. His name is so famous that even we in Alterra knew of his name. Widely regarded as the most powerful palladin in existence, it will take a lot more than just 2 of us to destroy him. As the fight progressed, our flag was captured 3 times, us unable to halt the enemies' advances. We only captured 1, thanks to an amazing 1 on 3 performance by Chicken. What now? If we continue the fight as we did before, we would be defeated. The fate of Alterra depends crucially on this battle...

<---------- Scene is flashed back to the present Newbieeeee. When unharmed, 3 lvl 45 ursan warriors would have been a piece of cake for him. But now, drained from blood loss, death is imminent. Is this the end?
To be continued! :D

NOTE: NONE OF THE PERSONALITY TRAITS OF CHARACTERS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO RELATE TO THEIR REAL LIFE (as in outside of story ;) ) COUNTERPARTS :)

Phoenixking
10-16-2011, 11:34 AM
You hit woundedeagle right in the spot lol lol lol jk jk jk!! :P

NoobianOfAlterra
10-16-2011, 12:56 PM
You hit woundedeagle right in the spot lol lol lol jk jk jk!! :P
Yesh. Jks jks ;)

javier995
10-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Lol i wanna read the rest of it! Very entertaining! I love the comedy you put into it :)

Rittik
10-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Yessssss.....will be opening it everyday...awesome..man...u should be a writter

TANKKAAR
10-17-2011, 02:46 AM
Nice!

XghostzX
10-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Unity, revelation, and severed ftw!! >:d

13lacklegionz
10-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Nice work! :) Except chicken never had a demonic mace. :p

Kanitall
10-23-2011, 10:38 PM
You should make a movie of it :D

XghostzX
11-01-2011, 09:10 PM
You should make a movie of it :D That'd be sick all guilds in like forest haven towne and take it out in a 5v5 game hahah.

Zeolanctus
11-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Nooo! The story ended so soon! :( Please continue it :)

NoobianOfAlterra
11-02-2011, 01:38 PM
soz guys lol I actually forgot about this thread, will update soon!

NoobianOfAlterra
11-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Another new piece added! Decided to restructure the story so that there will be 5 acts in the story, and just had a great idea :). Hope u like it!

Zeolanctus
11-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Whew! The story isn't going to be unfinished. :D

Kanitall
11-06-2011, 10:37 AM
I want moreeeee

Zenidal
11-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Wow! Great story!

I want moreeeee

Same here, please continue it. :)

NoobianOfAlterra
11-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Added two more exciting sections! The battles have started!
If you enjoy my stories, please press the thanks button because they motivate my lazy fingers to write more! :D

Kanitall
11-07-2011, 07:20 PM
:)))

javier995
11-10-2011, 12:49 PM
More!:D

NoobianOfAlterra
11-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Added some more :) will start a new thread soon for Act 3 and 4. Act 5 will be conclusion in another thread, so will have plenty more soon :)

THANKS FOR Y'ALLS SUPPORT! :banana:

Kanitall
11-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Yay

Zenidal
12-02-2011, 06:43 AM
Noobianofalterra, are you still going to continue the story? :/

Rot
11-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Sadly, I don't think Noobian's going to continue the story. His latest login was on September, and it's November. Of course I hope he's able to do so, so looking forward. :)