PDA

View Full Version : OOD Tutorial Video - How to find Vular Ticker

Dracula
10-15-2011, 03:11 PM
This vid is for those who have trouble finding Vular Ticker (there are other ways to find it; this is just one way). Feel free to refer others to this video. And if you end up finding ticker, before killing it, ask your friends if anyone needs it for the quest.

You can find the video in youtube by searching "Vular Ticker" or "OODSL." Enjoy, and thanks for watching!

Also, here is the link to our previous video about the Egg Boss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZrUsH1FDIk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKOe56UbDJ0

Cabero
10-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Very nice video! I really like the animations you did at the start you have real talent. Especially the order of the dragon that looked professionally done. Looks like you got a future in that.

BodMaster
10-15-2011, 03:30 PM
Another awesome Video by yourself and team!!! Great Job another moving to Player Guides :D

LMAO! At the choice of music and the intro :)

Rodvik
10-15-2011, 03:31 PM
+1 to this video.

Even if it didn't show me how to find the vular ticker it rocked..lol

Nothing like the pink panther techno music...lol

Hekthor Dulzei
10-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Great video!

Majik
10-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Nice vid but how do u record gameplay?

Dracula
10-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Very nice video! I really like the animations you did at the start you have real talent. Especially the order of the dragon that looked professionally done. Looks like you got a future in that.
As I only have a cumulative four days of experience in (teaching myself) how to do this stuff, I appreciate the compliment.

IBNobody
10-15-2011, 06:10 PM
When are you guys going to do a video about the Miner?

I've said before that I'd love to see a team of lv15-20's kill him the correct way (i.e. not running around) without dying.

EDIT: I'm sorry if I came off as being ungrateful... I was just hoping that after you guys did the egg, you'd move onto the Miner.

Dracula
10-15-2011, 06:28 PM
When are you guys going to do a video about the Miner?

I've said before that I'd love to see a team of lv15-20's kill him the correct way (i.e. not running around) without dying.

I agree, a miner vid is in order. It will likely will be coming up after Director Bot vid. Hit me up in game if you'd like to help with it ;-)

Blakout
10-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Yeah a vid from MY GUILD THAT IM IN WOOOHOOO!!!

Dracula
10-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Yeah a vid from MY GUILD THAT IM IN WOOOHOOO!!!

Haha...I just noticed that at time 3:39 you pm'ed me "Hi", and I totally forgot to reply. Sorry XD

javier995
10-16-2011, 12:06 AM
I saw it and it's great! I've been wanting to make a video on how to fight the Miner but camera:(. Mind if you do it with me amd you record?:)

Dracula
10-16-2011, 01:09 AM
I saw it and it's great! I've been wanting to make a video on how to fight the Miner but camera:(. Mind if you do it with me amd you record?:)

Yes! With you plus IBNobody, we should be able to do a great miner vid!

javier995
10-16-2011, 01:12 AM

Agreed! When shall we do this?

Dracula
10-16-2011, 02:16 AM

Will try to get one more good Eng onboard, then we can get together.

javier995
10-16-2011, 02:21 AM

Will try to get one more good Eng onboard, then we can get together.

Well i can get my engi to do it. Lvl30 engi so we wouldn't really need another but if someone would like to join i wouldn't mind. :D

thequickone
10-16-2011, 03:46 AM
Hi Drac! Awesome videos (watched the Vular Egg boss one, too). They are very well made, very easy to follow, and even more packed full of good information! And funny! I loved the opening animation and silly detective (you know the one!) theme music.

Regarding Miner; I'd offer to help, but I REALLY HATE that boss! I've only fought him as many times as I or a close friend needed to, so I probably don't have as much experience with him as others. I'm pretty sure I know how to fight him the "right way", though (guns NOT blazing).

EDIT (2011-10-16, 01:51): Just read IBN's post again. I do not know the "right way" to kill Miner (not running around), but am very curious to learn!

Trollee
10-16-2011, 04:20 AM
Wow! Impressive video skills!
I was wondering though how do you record video of your gameplay with such good quality? Is it an app?

Olz
10-16-2011, 05:56 AM
Dude cool but how did you film this is it on IPod or what is it on?

BodMaster
10-16-2011, 06:27 AM

Think your missing the point IB was making and made on previous thread we want a group to be able to go in at lvl15-20 and take down Miner with all of the correct procedures.. any lvl 30 can do this on their own with no problem.

Its finding lvl 15-20s with the know how.. which suggest the best way to do thus is using main's alts.

flashbackflip
10-16-2011, 07:18 AM
Hey! I'm supa-curious about that 'right way' procedures IBNobody minded and i have a 20 lvl eng, besides my 30lvl op, so if u'll gonna run for Miner add me to that mob! The eng's name is UBIQ

peace broz

BodMaster
10-16-2011, 07:37 AM
Had wrote one out that would work with all 5 players with a role to take.. will post it if i can find it again.

There's always right ways and wrong ways.. but all IB and myself want to see the most effective way to take down miner with a group effort not just one person solo.

IBNobody
10-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Hey! I'm supa-curious about that 'right way' procedures IBNobody minded and i have a 20 lvl eng, besides my 30lvl op, so if u'll gonna run for Miner add me to that mob! The eng's name is UBIQ

peace broz

The correct way is to shoot the barrel that the miner is close to. Multiple people need to shoot the barrel. The barrel explodes and kills all the squids. It also does massive damage to the Miner.

Acyer
10-16-2011, 08:49 AM
The correct way is to shoot the barrel that the miner is close to. Multiple people need to shoot the barrel. The barrel explodes and kills all the squids. It also does massive damage to the Miner.
Umm this may be vice versa. In order to damage barrels u kill the squids they damage barrels when they explode.

javier995
10-16-2011, 10:43 AM

Think your missing the point IB was making and made on previous thread we want a group to be able to go in at lvl15-20 and take down Miner with all of the correct procedures.. any lvl 30 can do this on their own with no problem.

Its finding lvl 15-20s with the know how.. which suggest the best way to do thus is using main's alts.

Well then I'll get my PIF alt to lvl15 and we'll have a go at it! :)

Dracula
10-16-2011, 01:48 PM

No...I understood the point. I have about 20 alts, and I'm willing to use whichever kind of level 15-20 build will be needed to compliment the team. Also, we can just wear lvl 15 gear to the fight (lazy way).

IBNobody
10-16-2011, 03:03 PM
No...I understood the point. I have about 20 alts, and I'm willing to use whichever kind of level 15-20 build will be needed to compliment the team. Also, we can just wear lvl 15 gear to the fight (lazy way).

I don't think that would work. You'd have to respec to 15-20 for stats and skills. I'm not sure, though, if that would give you the HPs and MPs of a lv15-20.

Dracula
10-16-2011, 03:07 PM
I don't think that would work. You'd have to respec to 15-20 for stats and skills. I'm not sure, though, if that would give you the HPs and MPs of a lv15-20.

Sorry, I meant I have alts which are lvl 15 and lvl 20, but I can also respec my lvl 30's using only 15 skill points etc :-)

Ephemeris
10-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Very nicely done, Dracula!

Dracula
10-16-2011, 07:59 PM

ありがとうございました!

thequickone
10-16-2011, 10:18 PM

ありがとうございました!
You are both so very polite! :o

BodMaster
10-17-2011, 03:15 AM
Sorry, I meant I have alts which are lvl 15 and lvl 20, but I can also respec my lvl 30's using only 15 skill points etc :-)

Ahh right awesome..! when you said for other that are above that level (like Jav n IB) got a little side tracked :p

Dracula
10-19-2011, 12:50 AM
Ahh right awesome..! when you said for other that are above that level (like Jav n IB) got a little side tracked :p

Course, we could just use our PIF alts as are they inherently capped at lvl 15 anyways.

Necrobane
10-19-2011, 01:15 AM
How did you record it, i'm very interested as I have been wanting to try for ages! Also fantastic vid :)

BodMaster
10-19-2011, 06:34 AM
Course, we could just use our PIF alts as are they inherently capped at lvl 15 anyways.

Even better :) didnt think about that at the time :D (Always on the ball ;))

javier995
10-19-2011, 08:57 AM

Even better :) didnt think about that at the time :D (Always on the ball ;))

Lol yea but I can't die! It's gonna be a teency bit difficult lol.

Dracula
10-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Lol yea but I can't die! It's gonna be a teency bit difficult lol.

C'mon...live a little javi (or die a little, depending on if he crits you). Fighting miner with a zero death toon is invigorating...like drinking expired milk.

BodMaster
10-20-2011, 07:35 AM
Our PiF chars were always in the line to be death counters :p We are there to help so we have to at least take on or occur deaths if this helps the lower level players :D

Dracula
10-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Our PiF chars were always in the line to be death counters :p We are there to help so we have to at least take on or occur deaths if this helps the lower level players :D

Agreed! Now let's get dying...

javier995
10-23-2011, 06:18 PM

Lol so when do we do this?

thequickone
10-23-2011, 07:06 PM

Lol so when do we do this?
@ BodMaster: +1 to the +deaths for PIF chars. While none of us will be trying to die, res deaths and the occasional massacre are bound to happen while showing new players the ropes, and should not be intentionally avoided. That said, I am still quite proud of Helpdesk's current K/D ratio! :rolleyes:

Regarding Miner, Helpdesk is down to help. He may just need a bit of a pep-talk... :p Find him or one his alts/main in-game or send me a PM here when you're all getting ready to go! Best time for me is evenings and weekends, California time.

Silentarrow
10-23-2011, 07:15 PM
I agree, a miner vid is in order. It will likely will be coming up after Director Bot vid. Hit me up in game if you'd like to help with it ;-)

I'm up for that!

Dracula
10-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Hmm...the miner video may have to take a backseat for the contest video. 2K plat sounds mighty tasty.

thequickone
10-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Hmm...the miner video may have to take a backseat for the contest video. 2K plat sounds mighty tasty.
Yeah, man! Go for it. I'll be rooting for you. :D

Blackguard
10-25-2011, 02:01 AM
Love the quote "Use the 5 seconds of waiting to contemplate the meaning of life". LOL!

Might take me a long time to do that. Solving the Grand Unified Theory may be easier :)

I heard that the vular ticker has a 25% chance of showing up in the spawn points. If that is true, its interesting to note that the video showed 4 attempts in finding the vular ticker and finding it on the 4th attempt. Could be coincidence, of course.

Dracula
10-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Love the quote "Use the 5 seconds of waiting to contemplate the meaning of life". LOL!

Might take me a long time to do that. Solving the Grand Unified Theory may be easier :)

I heard that the vular ticker has a 25% chance of showing up in the spawn points. If that is true, its interesting to note that the video showed 4 attempts in finding the vular ticker and finding it on the 4th attempt. Could be coincidence, of course.

25% Sounds about right. It's funny that you mention this... When I was making the video, the clip you see is the first attempt, and surprisingly, Ticker was there. After making the vid, I wanted to do some shots where it wasn't there, so I made more games. Annoyingly for the next three games, it was there. I actually had to do 8 takes to finally get the three shots with ticker not there.

Kahlua
10-26-2011, 06:03 AM
Did you use Adobe After Effects for the Order of the Dragon intro?

Dracula
10-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Did you use Adobe After Effects for the Order of the Dragon intro?

I used a combination of Photoshop and After Effects for the intro.

Kahlua
10-26-2011, 10:27 AM
I used a combination of Photoshop and After Effects for the intro.
ahh we have after effects on our computers at home. Dunno how to use it but I know what it does.

Dracula
10-26-2011, 11:43 PM
ahh we have after effects on our computers at home. Dunno how to use it but I know what it does.

It's not too hard. Before I made our first vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pZrUsH1FDIk), I'd never touched After Effects before, nor did I have any video editing experience whatsoever.

BodMaster
10-27-2011, 05:34 AM
It's not too hard. Before I made our first vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pZrUsH1FDIk), I'd never touched After Effects before, nor did I have any video editing experience whatsoever.

Your joking me right? Thought it was apart of your job lol, so anyone can pick this up through PS and After Effects? Nice :)

octavos
10-27-2011, 09:55 AM

OMG, love the humor bud....Make more vids. :D

Kahlua
10-27-2011, 01:18 PM
OMG, love the humor bud....Make more vids. :D
lol he's more than likely not joking. I just watched some tutorials and messed around a bit and it's not all that difficult once you get the hang of it. Just a lot of trial and error...well okay a lot of error...till you get the right result..

Eyesharp
03-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Nice video and great guide. I didn't even know he spawned there lol. Btw what's the music in the back ground I need to know it. It's so catchy.

Edit: Nevermind I rerembered the music is the pink panther's music. Nice choice lol

HunterSLAYER
08-10-2012, 05:08 AM
Up for a friend who wants to see this.

Zaonabiuibil
08-10-2012, 07:10 AM
I remember when this was made, I was in OOD at the time :') I shall allow this necro! Lol

Slant
08-10-2012, 12:21 PM
oh man drac hosted the most epic runs ever 3 legendary caps back to back never seen anything like it
:(

Zaonabiuibil
08-10-2012, 04:25 PM
oh man drac hosted the most epic runs ever 3 legendary caps back to back never seen anything like it
:(

Yeah, he was such a boss. Remember this?: