PDA

View Full Version : Gg VS Gf

SillyJuan
06-13-2017, 07:36 PM
This is a problem that needs to be addressed . It bothers me how people belittle the importance of properly ending a fight with great reverence. Now before I go into my rant I'd like to point out that I started PL in mid-late 2011 and everything I know about pvp and PL is from that point in time and anything from the beginning/before 2011 Is unknown to me.

So what does "gf" mean?
Analysis
Phrase:GF
Origin: UNK, possibly brought from another game but has been in the game ever since I started pvp/probably since the beg. pvp it's self. Perhaps Cinco? Or some fed up 12 year old who got tired of being rushed? Who knows
Meaning?: Usually when the fight is fought in a fair setting, with set ground rules: GO system, kitting allowed, no treeing, no cheating. Once the fight come to an end, both players say "gf" to each other as a sign of sportsmanship.

Now lets move on the meaning of GG.
Analysis
Phrase: GG
Origin: Most likely some triggered 12 year old.
Meaning: GG/ "good game?" Usually said at the end of the game/match NOT a fight.

Ladies and gentlemen lets stick to our roots and have some pride in the fundamentals this game was built upon by other players. Lets not forget the legacy of other legends and continue this tradition. Most likely everyone that still makes use of the forums is most likely an oldie anyways so this isn't directed towards anyone on here.

Lets continue playing this game the way it was not meant to be played and carry on!

Now it's your turn to comment below on your Pl pet peeve. Have a fine PL day.

The Voices
06-13-2017, 08:26 PM
Idk I just say Gg because it's quicker to type than Gf. Comes to show how lazy I am.

Congeniality
06-13-2017, 09:26 PM
This is a problem that needs to be addressed . It bothers me how people belittle the importance of properly ending a fight with great reverence. Now before I go into my rant I'd like to point out that I started PL in mid-late 2011 and everything I know about pvp and PL is from that point in time and anything from the beginning/before 2011 Is unknown to me.

So what does "gf" mean?
Analysis
Phrase:GF
Origin: UNK, possibly brought from another game but has been in the game ever since I started pvp/probably since the beg. pvp it's self. Perhaps Cinco? Or some fed up 12 year old who got tired of being rushed? Who knows
Meaning?: Usually when the fight is fought in a fair setting, with set ground rules: GO system, kitting allowed, no treeing, no cheating. Once the fight come to an end, both players say "gf" to each other as a sign of sportsmanship.

Now lets move on the meaning of GG.
Analysis
Phrase: GG
Origin: Most likely some triggered 12 year old.
Meaning: GG/ "good game?" Usually said at the end of the game/match NOT a fight.

Ladies and gentlemen lets stick to our roots and have some pride in the fundamentals this game was built upon by other players. Lets not forget the legacy of other legends and continue this tradition. Most likely everyone that still makes use of the forums is most likely an oldie anyways so this isn't directed towards anyone on here.

Lets continue playing this game the way it was not meant to be played and carry on!

Now it's your turn to comment below on your Pl pet peeve. Have a fine PL day.

Gf means good fight in case u didn't know. If you wreck a 12 year old, don't expect a gf xD. I personally just say it because people get triggered, fights are just fights, none are necessarily good or bad in my opinion.

SillyJuan
06-13-2017, 10:44 PM
Gf means good fight in case u didn't know. If you wreck a 12 year old, don't expect a gf xD. I personally just say it because people get triggered, fights are just fights, none are necessarily good or bad in my opinion.

This whole post is in argument against the phrase Gg. I know very well what gf means and in what context it's used in. Thank you for the clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giazagilur
06-14-2017, 02:10 AM
LOL yeah I say gg too because I'm lazy af. So much easier. I remember the first time I ever saw gf I thought it meant girlfriend so I was like wtf

Mennddoza
06-14-2017, 05:12 PM
Say what you want or say nothing at all. None of it technically matters. U win or lose. I ranted about gf when I was like 14 back in 2010. I look back and think, wow what a little pos I was to think I could convince poeple to change the way they think through words over a discussion page. Lololol shout out to all the quiet pvpers, y'all wise af.

Cinco
06-14-2017, 05:29 PM
Insightful.
My go-to cries are:

TWANFBIDTYDTW - "That was a nice fight but I don't think you deserved to win"
and...
LSHLYLTTTAGWCBYF - "Let's see how long you last talking trash to a guy who can ban you forever."

SillyJuan
06-14-2017, 07:25 PM
Insightful.
My go-to cries are:

and...
LSHLYLTTTAGWCBYF - "Let's see how long you last talking trash to a guy who can ban you forever."

WHAT??? Even cinco cries! Let's not anger the PL gods [emoji28]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FFA
06-14-2017, 07:29 PM
Insightful.
My go-to cries are:

and...

LOL, I actually just laughed out loud. That last one was great, However... I don't typically say Gf, Or GG. The amount of fights I've had if I did that every time my fingers would have arthritis..But to each there own!

XghostzX
06-14-2017, 10:12 PM
Lmao, great post. I've always questioned those who type "gg" rather than gf

SillyJuan
06-15-2017, 12:54 AM
Insightful.
My go-to cries are:

and...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170615/d3df35bf9ea099880e71a154014b33cd.jpg
Cinco taught me how to have great judgement in PvP.

Burningdex
06-15-2017, 01:20 AM
Quiet PvPing is something we should all aspire to

SillyJuan
06-15-2017, 08:15 AM
Quiet PvPing is something we should all aspire to

Relevant replies to the topic is something we should all aspire to [emoji38]
Highly doubt you can even follow your own advice [emoji848]

SillyJuan
06-15-2017, 08:41 AM
Say what you want or say nothing at all. None of it technically matters. U win or lose. I ranted about gf when I was like 14 back in 2010. I look back and think, wow what a little pos I was to think I could convince poeple to change the way they think through words over a discussion page. Lololol shout out to all the quiet pvpers, y'all wise af.

Thank you for your input. This post is merely to provide insight on a problem in current day in PL and is also presented with a solution. Everyone has free will to think the way they do, not here to convince people. Personally I thought I was big bad *** at 14 but, guess we all have different perceptions about our selfs.

SillyJuan
06-15-2017, 08:43 AM
Thank you for your input. This post is merely to provide insight on a problem in current day in PL and is also presented with a solution. Everyone has free will to think the way they do, not here to convince people. Personally I thought I was big bad *** at 14 but, guess we all have different perceptions about our selfs. Shout out to those people who are still passionate about PL, y'all cool asf