PDA

View Full Version : AOE question and Stomp strategy

Krozon
07-02-2010, 11:09 AM
First the strategy:

The first step is to bring the bad guys into what I like to call "the Kro-Zone."

I run in a little circle to piss off as many bad guys as I can and run into the nearest corner and set off Beckon. All the little baddies converge on my location in the corner and most of them are stunned. I take a step out of the corner and stomp, launching them back into the corner and keeping them all in a nice tidy group. From there, just keep stomping and try to keep everyone in one spot, killing a whole slew of bad guys simultaneously.

I can be pretty effective in keeping them all in the corner by myself, but if one or two other bears are around alternating stomps, we can keep the baddies stun-locked until dead while simultaneously knocking away anyone else who wants to interfere. Though, sometimes other bears can be dangerous if they don't get what I'm doing and start beckoning baddies out of the corner. We bears aren't exactly known for our brains... or maybe I'm just smarter than the average bear.

Elf babes are also effective with their AOEs, though it's possible for a mob to get loose and agro her. But usually this isn't an issue since all that stomping keeps them pretty pissed at me.

Here is my question:

With AO2, there is a pretty high mob density and sometimes I will pull 15 or 20 in one area. However, beckon and stomp only seems to work on a max of maybe 8 or 10. Is this accurate? Or am I imagining things? I would have thought AOE, by definition, would only be limited by the number of targets you can gather in one area. But this doesn't appear to be the case.

Does anyone know for sure if there is a limit on AOE targets and what it might be?

Thanks in advance.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-02-2010, 12:55 PM
First of all, elf BABES? Lol. And second I don't think there's a limit, but Im not sure if that's just a bug. because on my bear, sometimes stomp doesn't push and stun some enemies. I don't know if it's a lagg spike causing that or a bug. Hopefully a dev finds out about this.

Away
07-09-2010, 06:04 AM
Elf babes?
LOL

Xviperr
09-26-2010, 10:24 AM
i also realize that there is a "limitation" on the enemies being beckon and stomp

Volksy
09-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Why does everyone in this game see the need to create names for techniques that are not only OBVIOUS to each player but have also been used since day one?

Kro-zone? really?

BeardedBear
09-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Don't comment on old posts to avoid this.

Arterra
09-26-2010, 04:33 PM
same limits with fireblast and blizzard thingy.