PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Better Notifications

Cytokinesis
10-16-2011, 07:24 PM
PL could use better notifications after an update, (i.e. after the first batch of "Ambassadors" are announced, after the player logs in, there should be a video explaining who and what they do). This could also work with the "SnakeCharmer" where after it's first red scream, they only have about 1HP left and a comment would say, "Woah! Maybe hide behind a pillar before the scream?". This would help players that don't have a forum account stay up to date without listening to the gossip :)

comments, compliments, concerns?

Sassinya
10-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Not a bad idea. I'd like to be warned or given a hint prior to my impending doom if i haven't already figured it out. Also, would love to really be able to read what the update was all about instead of the message I always see about not being able to connect.

MrGoober
10-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Being pre warned takes all the fun out of figuring out the game. If you're told how to do everything, what's the point of playing.

I Like Pie :D

Samhayne
10-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Have you visited the "Spacetime Nexus" from the login screen? We're working on pumping it full of all the latest news. It just needs a little notifier when new news is put in to draw your attention to it. Good ideas - there's always more we can do!

Cytokinesis
10-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Being pre warned takes all the fun out of figuring out the game. If you're told how to do everything, what's the point of playing.

wat if someone never find out?

Have you visited the "Spacetime Nexus" from the login screen? We're working on pumping it full of all the latest news. It just needs a little notifier when new news is put in to draw your attention to it. Good ideas - there's always more we can do!
{face-palm}

Sassinya
10-16-2011, 10:02 PM

Well, at my age and due to current RL circumstances, I need all the help I can get at times. In ordinary circumstances I totally agree with you. Maybe level/zone/boss tips could be option you turn off and on, much like "emotes"

Skeletonlord
10-19-2011, 01:13 PM
the idea is fantastic