PDA

View Full Version : Expansion - New GameplayFeature Suggestions - NEW PVP MAPS & GB GAME MODES

Elirym
06-20-2017, 01:14 PM
Dear STS,

Thought I'd start a thread for people to give suggestions on NEW GAME PLAY FEATURES they would like, as opposed to recoloring and re-texturing old models (Heroic, Recent Events) and giving us updated numbers and statistics (Awakens). Guild battles and Mausoleum are good additions but we need more variations on gameplay or the game will become old and stale quickly.
So for the next expansion here is a list of actual new gameplay modes and features that I think most of us Arlorians can agree would make the game much more engaging and entertaining. This Thread will continue to be updated as more suggestions are given and agreed with.

Sincerely

AL Players

:)

1. Guild Battles & PVP Expansion - New Maps, Game Modes & Competitions

Give us bigger maps with less possibility for spawn killing, add a larger variety of obstacles, pickups and cover, bring new maps with different environments aside from old Blood Beach. Possibly add interactive map features such as cannons or doors. (Let us shoot a cannon and hit someone with it etc.)
For guild battles give us a base or guild castle to spawn in and defend or attack from and to prevent being spawn killed.
Release new gameplay options for PVP and Guild Battle such a CTF , King of the Hill or Castle Defense Modes Give us the option to set up PVP rooms and choose different maps and settings like varied game rounds and player counts etc.

Tournaments or competitions could be held with guildbattles and give guilds chances to win prizes for competing. Could be broken in to divisions so that top guild didn't just destroy lower guilds :)

A suggested map layout for Guild Battles from another popular MMORPG:

New PVP Map Ideas - "Clash Island"
\161993

2. Round Based Survival PVE Maps

Bring out new PVE maps based on surviving multiple waves or rounds of slowly strengthening mobs and bosses with limited respawns and no potions with customization for settings and new leaderboards. Again interactive map features would be awesome in this mode :)

3. Spectator Modes

Self explanatory, let guildies and friends spectate in on guild battles or pvp games, even pve would be cool :)

4. Customization Of Guildhalls

Let us use furniture in guildhalls, we cant even sit in chairs in the guildhall atm, let us put disco ball and hot tubs for all guildies to use!

5. House Community/Neighborhood Update

Allow guilds and friends to create neighborhoods with there own houses on the same map, doors can now be opened and closed and players can walk from their house outside and in to the locations of other members of the communities with houses and then enter the members house. (Only House with location can be part of a "community"). Guild Halls could also be included and interconnected in these communities.

162047 162048

6. Revamped Quick Slots for Gear

Adding the quick slot options was a good idea, but it wasn't taken far enough, we should be able to put gear in there as well and switch in the quickly in the middle of battle if needed. When I first head of the update I thought I would be able to add a drag sword and immo aegis to the quick slot menu for pvp, so that I would be able to use my drag sword proc and then switch to immo aegis when needing to tank, or use my speed set to move fast around map, and switch to planar pendant and arc ring for clash. Having this ability would add a whole other dynamic to both pvp and pve :)

7. To Be Updated...

i will add the suggestions and comments to the list :)

Abuze
06-20-2017, 01:31 PM
Nice suggestions!
Especially Guild Battleground spectators mode and customized GH, I've been willing to sit on those chairs in GH for ages ,-,

Elirym
06-21-2017, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys :) Feel free to give more suggestions, I was thinking of like a community/neighborhood update where you and friends/guilds can have everyone's houses in one map with open doors for everyone in the community so we can walk outside our house through the location to a friends house next door:)

Elirym
06-22-2017, 09:20 AM
Updated to include community/neighborhood idea.

bmooooo
06-23-2017, 12:08 PM
The neighborhood thingy is impossible bro. It will take toomuch data on their server if the al neighbor hood will be implemented. The rest is good, i wish they can add a guildwar too like every Saturday or Sunday where every guild can participate. The guild that will win the throne will get plat or gold or a special Chest to those members that participated

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Elirym
06-24-2017, 04:02 AM
Thanks for the feedback bro :)

Perhaps if they capped neighborhoods at a manageable amount of houses and introduced a load screen in between it could work? Idk don't understrand the technicalities enough to know if possible.
A guild battle competition or tournament would be sweet and make prizes for the teams who make it the furthest, i'll add it tho original post, and any other ideas would awesome if you got them :)

Leonpvp
06-28-2017, 09:04 PM
LOVE IT bro!! Hopefully sts see's this, love the neighborhood and spectating mode!!

Elirym
06-29-2017, 11:59 PM
Thanks Leon :) I hope they take notice too, would be awesome to see these in game! And honestly STS should be looking to make the game ruled by what people want, its the players who keep the game active and profitable, so why not caterer to what they would like to see?

Also I updated the original post with guild battle tournaments and a new suggestion of allowing gear and weapons to be added to the quick slot menu.

saik1993
06-30-2017, 12:07 PM
Omg nubeli I love those suggestions for new PvP maps 😄

spookychaosArcane
07-01-2017, 01:41 AM
Awesome ideas hope they see this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elirym
07-01-2017, 11:23 AM
Omg nubeli I love those suggestions for new PvP maps 😄

Lol thanks but give me your ideas for Pve nubbysun I can only think of Pvp lol :excitement:

Qevy
07-03-2017, 11:16 AM
Eli...u may be a nub but ur genius! Those ideas are great...(it will be great to get my head cut off with new features O-O)

Sent from my LG-K430 using Tapatalk

Elirym
07-06-2017, 03:30 PM
Lol ty arkinub, hopefully sts looks at these and comes through for us on a few of them

Elirym
07-09-2017, 08:38 AM
If your going to edit comments @Justg can we get comment with some feed back on whether any of these ideas are feasible or being considered at all be devs?

:)

luckyfaujdar
07-16-2017, 11:23 AM
I actually liked the quick slot suggestion and guildhall customization Most

Sent from my Micromax A106 using Tapatalk

Elirym
07-17-2017, 02:19 AM
surely they are the easiest to do as well, wish a dev would give a response to this thread.

You Mad Or Nah
07-19-2017, 03:25 PM
Bump. #WeneedfeedbackfromDEVS

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

You Mad Or Nah
07-21-2017, 03:17 PM
The only thing I don't agree is where u said adding cannons or doors etc

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Cinco
07-21-2017, 03:32 PM
I've been working on a different kind of PvP map that integrates some of the 'KotH' features you mention along with 'siege weaponry' a'la Castle Building. While gear issues are always a major concern in PvP, the biggest challenges to this idea surround the emplacements and Castle building. I think the idea's got a toe-hold via the housing system but there's a lot of work to be done with respect to how siege weapons / castle pieces would be crafted, placed, etc. I favor a consumable system where if the castle defense is destroyed, it's gone forever and you have to craft it again. Others favor players being able to recover their destroyed machinery after some period of time (with a Platinum timer buy-through).

I'm also very interested in a PvP mode where you can only enter with a certain set of gear. This would give us a chance to balance a particular suite of gear (and I'd wanna do this for 66's only to start with) and create a PvP arena scenario where all participants are effectively 'balanced' to a neutral standard. Not sure if I can pull it off, but what I want to do is make it so that once you're in the PvP gear and you enter the Arena, you can't change your loadout; you must remain in the approved set for your class 'til the clash is done. Leave you lose, etc.

We went all-in on Spectator mode for Call of Champions and it was pretty fun. That said, I'm not sure if it's something people would use more than once in Arcane Legends - unless you're a full-time streamer or something.

Round-based PvE stuff and overall improvements to the 'Gauntlet' style of gameplay do interest me quite a bit. We're working on something (unrelated to AL) that does this exact sort of thing - 'except for the limited lives. I'll take the life limitation into consideration 'cause I think that's pretty cool too.

Neighborhoods. You probably won't believe this, but "neighborhood" zones were part of the original housing concept. I wanted players to get plots of land adjacent to each other. The server would dynamically seam them together. Active players are put next to other active players while those who have not logged in for some time are placed in another less active 'neighbor zone.' In a later revision, I went for a 'territorial control' concept wherein players could fight for a literal space on a terrain grid to place their house.

You Mad Or Nah
07-21-2017, 03:38 PM
I've been working on a different kind of PvP map that integrates some of the 'KotH' features you mention along with 'siege weaponry' a'la Castle Building. While gear issues are always a major concern in PvP, the biggest challenges to this idea surround the emplacements and Castle building. I think the idea's got a toe-hold via the housing system but there's a lot of work to be done with respect to how siege weapons / castle pieces would be crafted, placed, etc. I favor a consumable system where if the castle defense is destroyed, it's gone forever and you have to craft it again. Others favor players being able to recover their destroyed machinery after some period of time (with a Platinum timer buy-through).

I'm also very interested in a PvP mode where you can only enter with a certain set of gear. This would give us a chance to balance a particular suite of gear (and I'd wanna do this for 66's only to start with) and create a PvP arena scenario where all participants are effectively 'balanced' to a neutral standard. Not sure if I can pull it off, but what I want to do is make it so that once you're in the PvP gear and you enter the Arena, you can't change your loadout; you must remain in the approved set for your class 'til the clash is done. Leave you lose, etc.

We went all-in on Spectator mode for Call of Champions and it was pretty fun. That said, I'm not sure if it's something people would use more than once in Arcane Legends - unless you're a full-time streamer or something.

Round-based PvE stuff and overall improvements to the 'Gauntlet' style of gameplay do interest me quite a bit. We're working on something (unrelated to AL) that does this exact sort of thing - 'except for the limited lives. I'll take the life limitation into consideration 'cause I think that's pretty cool too.

Neighborhoods. You probably won't believe this, but "neighborhood" zones were part of the original housing concept. I wanted players to get plots of land adjacent to each other. The server would dynamically seam them together. Active players are put next to other active players while those who have not logged in for some time are placed in another less active 'neighbor zone.' In a later revision, I went for a 'territorial control' concept wherein players could fight for a literal space on a terrain grid to place their house.

THANK YOU CINCO!!!MADE MY DAY!! But I still think cannons or extra type of machinery' shouldn't be added to pvp. People don't really need extra equipment/machinery in PvP to survive.But the castle that's good

Bmwmsix
07-21-2017, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE=Cinco;272553

[/QUOTE]

This this omg cant believe reading this, would bring pvp to a new level while all what counts is the rawwwwww skilllzzzz. And maybe also *pause* the housing buffs during pvp mode....that would also liven up pvp instantly and you'll soon see how many lost n new arlorians will return and skyrocket your servers ....ladies/gents n Dudes ✌

Elirym
07-22-2017, 09:18 AM
Yayyyyyyyy! Cinco replied :D

Thanks for your response, and it is awesome to hear that some of these ideas have been and are under consideration by devs :)

New maps are desperately needed in pvp @_@ I was really hoping with guild battles introduced we would get a new map with castles etc.. but we had to stick with blood beach :/ Adding a few new maps perhaps with interactive features you mention would really add so much to the Pvp side of AL, any new maps structured more like pve maps thats bright and colorful would be awesome imo :) Adding more game modes would be great too, someone mentioned FFA and it would be totally new to actually play the flag in CTF Guild battle :D

The pvp with everyone using the same set of gear sounds awesome as well! and would really open up pvp to a larger player base who are currently to undergeared or not rich enough to compete with those who have spent millions on making their characters deadly for pvp. You could create tournaments of this style of game and give rewards to the teams and players who do the best.

Spectator modes seem like a must for me, if only for guild battles. Every time we battle we have members who watch the scoreboard to see who is winning but to watch the actually game itself would just be awesome :D

Tbh I am not particularly interested in pve currently, but adding more ways to play would really revive interest for me :)

Wow thats crazy, I always thought it seemed like a natural extension, considering everyone wants to go outside into their locations, to bad you couldn't get that concept included in the launch, it would make housing so much more entertaining and social, especially if you could incorporate the guildhall in too all of it.

Thanks for your reply, it's really good to know that some of these ideas are being considered and worked on. I don't mean to cause drama or anything, but I think a lot of the players who are angry and upset with this expansion and STS are upset because of the direction of the last updates (more awakens, recolored pets/events, artifacts & pay entry maps) that seemed to be geared towards creating revenue and business models rather then expanding upon game play and general overall enjoyment of the game. But to hear that you and the devs are working on concepts such as these as reassuring to a lot of us.

Arcane Legends is a great game, and with thoughtful development it can become even better and grow its player base if gameplay is continually improved for the players :) Having more transparency around developments and conceptual work like this would really beneficial for both the game, devs and players, allowing players to have a voice in the decision making of development of the game is probably the best way to ensure a game that is enjoyed by all :)

Anyway thanks again for the response Cinco, I and others appreciate it :)

devilMors
07-22-2017, 12:23 PM
wow reformist dev, awesome!

You Mad Or Nah
07-22-2017, 12:44 PM
Yayyyyyyyy! Cinco replied :D

Thanks for your response, and it is awesome to hear that some of these ideas have been and are under consideration by devs :)

New maps are desperately needed in pvp @_@ I was really hoping with guild battles introduced we would get a new map with castles etc.. but we had to stick with blood beach :/ Adding a few new maps perhaps with interactive features you mention would really add so much to the Pvp side of AL, any new maps structured more like pve maps thats bright and colorful would be awesome imo :) Adding more game modes would be great too, someone mentioned FFA and it would be totally new to actually play the flag in CTF Guild battle :D

The pvp with everyone using the same set of gear sounds awesome as well! and would really open up pvp to a larger player base who are currently to undergeared or not rich enough to compete with those who have spent millions on making their characters deadly for pvp. You could create tournaments of this style of game and give rewards to the teams and players who do the best.

Spectator modes seem like a must for me, if only for guild battles. Every time we battle we have members who watch the scoreboard to see who is winning but to watch the actually game itself would just be awesome :D

Tbh I am not particularly interested in pve currently, but adding more ways to play would really revive interest for me :)

Wow thats crazy, I always thought it seemed like a natural extension, considering everyone wants to go outside into their locations, to bad you couldn't get that concept included in the launch, it would make housing so much more entertaining and social, especially if you could incorporate the guildhall in too all of it.

Thanks for your reply, it's really good to know that some of these ideas are being considered and worked on. I don't mean to cause drama or anything, but I think a lot of the players who are angry and upset with this expansion and STS are upset because of the direction of the last updates (more awakens, recolored pets/events, artifacts & pay entry maps) that seemed to be geared towards creating revenue and business models rather then expanding upon game play and general overall enjoyment of the game. But to hear that you and the devs are working on concepts such as these as reassuring to a lot of us.

Arcane Legends is a great game, and with thoughtful development it can become even better and grow its player base if gameplay is continually improved for the players :) Having more transparency around developments and conceptual work like this would really beneficial for both the game, devs and players, allowing players to have a voice in the decision making of development of the game is probably the best way to ensure a game that is enjoyed by all :)

Anyway thanks again for the response Cinco, I and others appreciate it :)
Your welcome xD.

Hercules
07-25-2017, 08:35 AM
There is a lot of cool ideas here. Keep it up! :D

Zojak
07-25-2017, 05:25 PM
A spectator mode of sorts couldsee some use though, as you mentioned streamers could make use of it to broadcast clashes. As well as it would be useful for tournaments, youtubers, guildies wantingto watchtheir friends, or even new pvpers who want to learn. It could be useful but like you said probably not by enough to make it worth it.

Adunc
07-26-2017, 03:23 PM
wow cool :) :) :)

Oakmaiden
07-26-2017, 10:11 PM
Absolutely loved the weapons and gear quick slots idea , i would like it on the left side of screen . Lolz giving both hands equal opportunity for cts. Housing is another portion of the game i enjoy , so anthing in that dept is good too! I also enjoyed the way the mausoleum maps change , tho the ranking thing was a bit of a grind. The return portals are pure genius. This thread has renewed my excitement for the future of Arlorians....

Elirym
08-09-2017, 07:15 AM
great ideas bro, ill try condense it a bit and add it to the OP if you want :)

shadowronn
08-15-2017, 04:39 AM

This post is AL's ticket to "BEST GAME OF 2017!!!!" Go cinco and go AL
Hip hip hurray