PDA

View Full Version : I got a question for merchants.....

largecommand
10-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Ive read Evolts and Hunzzz guide to becaming a merchant.. what i dont understand is how do u make money off of commons buying for like 4k less then what u sell it for....and another thing how do u buy so many? i mean within couple weeks when nuri update came many pinks were cheap so i bought alot..mustve spent 2mill in pinks.....then after 2 weeks with 20 auction slots i was fresh out of pinks made about 1mill. And now i buy mayb 1-5pinks a day.... i really dont c any unpriced items anymore....

Cytokinesis
10-16-2011, 08:51 PM
once i got the Glyphic Blade Steel and sold for about 300k and that was pretty much my start up loan and i started buying almost every cheap pink and selling it for 25% more

小孩子
10-17-2011, 12:18 AM
Ive read Evolts and Hunzzz guide to becaming a merchant.. what i dont understand is how do u make money off of commons buying for like 4k less then what u sell it for....and another thing how do u buy so many? i mean within couple weeks when nuri update came many pinks were cheap so i bought alot..mustve spent 2mill in pinks.....then after 2 weeks with 20 auction slots i was fresh out of pinks made about 1mill. And now i buy mayb 1-5pinks a day.... i really dont c any unpriced items anymore....

Best way of finding cheap items is to stay in cs and search for them repetitively,
Think this way, 100+ items get placed in cs every minute across alterra, 5 of which may be profitable. That's 5 profitable purchases in one minute.. Then you search again, and again... And again... And again.. Etc etc.
Now think this, say if we had 5k profit on each item we just bought and we had 100 to sell.. That's 500k profit in just over an hour, do this everyday then... Well you do the maths :)

Also one more thing.. If you have 100+ slots then your selling rate would increase a LOT.. Having more slots means faster money and more transactions ;)

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask more questions! Il be happy to answer :)

BodMaster
10-17-2011, 03:25 AM
You all confused me then... commons for 4k in SL.. wow you would be richhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :p

小孩子
10-17-2011, 04:25 AM
My explanation was for Pocket legends, he was talking about PL but why is this thread written under SL @.@?

BodMaster
10-17-2011, 04:30 AM
My explanation was for Pocket legends, he was talking about PL but why is this thread written under SL @.@?

It happens.. lol :p (Should be Here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?6-General-Discussion) can PM Sam to move if you like :))

But yeah 4k in PL seems like nothing esp with the amount of currency in that game already.. (4k Gold = 160 Cred)

largecommand
10-17-2011, 06:38 AM
Ok, ill c what happens if i buy stuff and have to much to sell ill buy more slots but right now i got 15pinks on 20slots....

小孩子
10-17-2011, 07:02 AM
Ok, ill c what happens if i buy stuff and have to much to sell ill buy more slots but right now i got 15pinks on 20slots....

I have around 125 items on 135 slots every day, that's how I make my profit, and while my items havnt been sold I search for new ones, when old ones sell il always have new items to re list.

Cyberwarrior
10-17-2011, 07:08 AM
12 things i know about you.

1.you are reading this
3.you didnt realize i skipped two
4.youre looking back now
5 youre smiling now
6.youre still reading this even thoughh you know its stupid
8.you didnt realize i skipped 7
9.youre looking back now
10.youre liking this
11.you play a spacetime studios game
12.You didnt realize there are only 10 questions

BodMaster
10-17-2011, 07:20 AM
12 things i know about you.

1.you are reading this
3.you didnt realize i skipped two
4.youre looking back now
5 youre smiling now
6.youre still reading this even thoughh you know its stupid
8.you didnt realize i skipped 7
9.youre looking back now
10.youre liking this
11.you play a spacetime studios game
12.You didnt realize there are only 10 questions

Lol! Though this considered as a Troll post :p Submit it in the Off Topic session they will have a good laugh there with it :)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?19-Off-Topic-Discussion

Singleteddy
10-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Ive read Evolts and Hunzzz guide to becaming a merchant.. what i dont understand is how do u make money off of commons buying for like 4k less then what u sell it for.... I'll assume you meant "commodity items" rather than commons since it's hard to find commons that have a 4k profit margin. Yes, you can absolutely find commodity items in PL to resell with 4k profit margins. And you can find commodity items in SL to resell with profit margins in the hundreds. You just have to look.