PDA

View Full Version : Android Tablet UI Fonts - Is it just me, or do you see this too?

IBNobody
10-16-2011, 09:25 PM
I know that I'm the only one who is posting here and has an HP Touchpad (running Android), running at 1024x768.

But... If you are using an android tablet, do you sometimes see that some of the fonts are too big? Some of my long description items (flashguns) seem to have their names extend past their item box.

It may be the Touchpad, but I think it is the way that SL handles screen resolution. It's not used to a 1024x768 device.

Hullukko
10-17-2011, 03:35 AM
I'm playing on the galaxy tab which has 1024x600 iirc, it's running android 2.2. No such font problems here. Bought a fresh pair of limited class II scoped flashguns and no problems that I could come up with.

The only font issues I can recall of the top of my head is the item description quotes sometimes spilling a little over the stats and the sometimes long drop names not fitting to the screen entirely (hmmm, maybe, not sure about this last one, could a recollection from PL, too). Neither of which is of any consequence.

Deathpunch
10-17-2011, 08:55 AM
I get goofy text alignment on the crafting recipes when I buy one. Some others, too, but I can't remember what else.

Arthanos
10-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Im running on a Samsung Galxy Tab, using Android 2.2, and no font incorrectness. :)

IBNobody
10-17-2011, 11:15 AM
Hmm... Either it's a product of me running a void-your-warranty copy of Android on a non-Android device, or it's the screen resolution.

Anyone else running a 1024x768 device?

I'm going to get my Anti-Apple Fanboy card revoked for saying this, but... ::gulp:: What I really want to see is the iPad's SL layout ported over to Android. The iPad SL layout is 1024x768. My Touchpad and some other Android tablets are 1024x768. It would be a good fit!

BodMaster
10-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Hmm... Either it's a product of me running a void-your-warranty copy of Android on a non-Android device, or it's the screen resolution.

Anyone else running a 1024x768 device?

I'm going to get my Anti-Apple Fanboy card revoked for saying this, but... ::gulp:: What I really want to see is the iPad's SL layout ported over to Android. The iPad SL layout is 1024x768. My Touchpad and some other Android tablets are 1024x768. It would be a good fit!

Like the same UI etc..?? Have seen some screen shots and they do look good.. but... haha jk :p (though it was great knowing you IB..all the best in the next life)

Crummypaladin
10-17-2011, 07:00 PM
When I first start on a Xoom I occasionally get white squares where there should be text. If I close and restart it has fixed that every time so far. I think it's a problem with my load and internet connection because when that happens I normally start with a high ping.

IBNobody
10-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Here are pictures of my screen. This is how the fonts look.