PDA

View Full Version : need advice

Vearisea
10-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Is it a good idea to stick to shadow wand setfor pure in mage til level 60? I'm sort of saving for a demonic set :s but still need some opinions <3

javier995
10-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Yes. Just get cheap(but better gear) as you lvl up.

wvhills
10-17-2011, 08:26 AM
No. Idk why people are obessesed with shadow sets. Honestly, you'll be greatly underpowered in nuri's and will either be booted or not have that much fun. If you can't afford an enchanted staff set at least get the sewer queen staff "set". You'll be much more powerful. Neither are that expensive anymore either.

JaytB
10-17-2011, 09:33 AM
No. Idk why people are obessesed with shadow sets. Honestly, you'll be greatly underpowered in nuri's and will either be booted or not have that much fun. If you can't afford an enchanted staff set at least get the sewer queen staff "set". You'll be much more powerful. Neither are that expensive anymore either.

I agree with a shadow set being a bit on the weak side for the Nuri's campaign. Only problem is you'll die A LOT with a staff, except when running with a good bear who knows how to hold agro. If you're running in PUG's, or when you're the only mage in a group, I would highly recommend wand and bracer over a staff. Also in boss fights, you'll draw a lot of agro with a staff (depending on who else is on your team), so again this will probably cause you to die a lot. But yeah, if you manage to stay alive, a staff set is a viable option :)