PDA

View Full Version : Plat based maps - Finding a middle ground

thekragle
06-28-2017, 05:56 PM
In the past, I was one of the supporters of plat based maps, BUT, if a map requires plat or a quest to gain entry, how much is too much or too little?

I think all maps should be free to enter in general with plat purchased entry giving a greater odds of drops or exclusive tradable drops.

Most players would probably agree, entrance to a map requiring plat would be much easier to swallow if it was between 1-5 plat, not 15 or more. It should be worthwhile as well based on the plat spent.

Plat should give an advantage but not make the game exclusive to only the elite. It alienates too much of the ftp base.

If STS goes this route please consider free to enter maps with certain loot tables, and plat based entry gives loot advantages. Like only Arcane weapons drop in plat entry map, for example. It's almost the same as opening a locked crates but with better odds or payouts.

Consider also a plat purchased elixer that gives the ability to drop higher end loot like the Northal elixer did.

What do you guys like or dislike? What is reasonable to you??

Areogor
06-28-2017, 06:17 PM
It sounds good I totally agree with this
But the real question is
Will STS listen

lissil
06-28-2017, 06:32 PM
I'd love to have free access to maps. But since they stated that they want players to go over all of the content for a longer time, I'd settle for doing quests to get token passes.
Much like the Forgotten Ruins content. It is definitely better than having to run new maps once a day.

I agree with putting better odds for plat access maps but only if it means there more runs are made available for f2p players (thru quests or more free runs).

MasterP
06-28-2017, 06:41 PM
If you put better odds in maps or better loot table.. it kinda makes lockeds/farming for lockeds useless.. thus affecting the economy.

thekragle
06-28-2017, 06:51 PM
If you put better odds in maps or better loot table.. it kinda makes lockeds/farming for lockeds useless.. thus affecting the economy.

Very true! STS would have to keep valuable items separate. Certain valuable items in crates to keep them worthwhile and certain items in plat maps to keep it viable.

Areogor
06-28-2017, 07:00 PM
This exists in pl and it was a great way for ptp players to get rich and leave others in the dust, until the exclusive items saturated the market and killed anyone's reason to pay plat to play those maps.

When locations were only play bought I stopped giving the game any $, until the occupy Arlor event made it also ftp. I'd stop buying plat. The game needs to be a level field as much as possible- this isn't a computer game it's suppose to be a pick up and play whenever.
You log on and it says "play with anyone anytime" not play if you have money and might run into a friend if they haven't quit and they also will pay.

#NOPLATFORNEWMAPS

Pls sub my YouTube channel

andyh0510
06-28-2017, 07:26 PM
I hope stats listen to some suggestions , if this will be pay to play maps make some kind of tokens and Tradeable ( sack of tokens ) example cost of sack could be 30 plat that contain 30 tokens but every entry per map requieres 2,3,5 tokens per entry and as the cost of entry is high let us have a better chance to a better loot. But please make this tradable for everyone, even tho im a plat user this will help a lot of players to access new maps. Or you could have the same token idea with spawning a xxxx name of a charaters (boss) that drops only lvl 66 gear : note 3 different maps 3 different bosses that drop specfic gear on each map but with a high rarity but not impossible this will allow you guys to make money on game and have us all happy lol maybe not all happy but if you make it tradable for others it will help a lot. And as a daily quest to play free honestly it would have to be repeatable lets say 2000 mobs 3 tokens. Just and idea.

Zojak
06-28-2017, 07:27 PM
Honestly I'm okay with gating how much we can spam the maps, but not for plat, I'd be happier to see repeatable quests for tokens(non daily), or a timed lockout for how many times we can run per hour, one run per day then having to pay plat to keep going is too harsh IMO

thekragle
06-28-2017, 07:53 PM
Great feedback guys. What about plat purchased entrance tokens or bonus elixers that can be sold in CS? Would that make sense or be more fair?

You could then stock up on entrance tokens with gold and do runs besides the daily quests?

Kakashis
06-28-2017, 07:54 PM
Part of me wishes they just left the plat part as locked crate drops. They didn't need to make the maps plat access only.

Arkiouj
06-28-2017, 07:58 PM
Great feedback guys. What about plat purchased entrance tokens or bonus elixers that can be sold in CS? Would that make sense or be more fair?

You could then stock up on entrance tokens with gold and do runs besides the daily quests?

wouldn't make sense imo since we'd be spending more gold than we make in the maps probably on tokens. its okay for event maps but for a normal expansion map the whole plat needed to enter makes zero sense.

Leonpvp
06-28-2017, 08:41 PM
True Dat bro it seems sts is wanting us to buy plat by making them have to pay plat to enter map, honestly i dont think ppl will now spend plat to enter the new maps Plat buyers are rewarded not everyone has enough money to get u ur pay at work. No offense to sts but this is gotten everyone to think plat spenders are the rewarded. Keep everything simple. Why not make ppl pay 10k gold to enter map if ur wanting to somehow get rid of gold in a economy as it is spilling in. Let the players that downloaded this free game have free access to maps, they already put through greef trying to level to 61.

Terminhater
06-28-2017, 08:44 PM
This new expansion will just be a giant energy event. I was so looking forward to it but I'm now meh.

And...if I read it right, XP gains are in these maps too ? So you gotta plat to XP too ?
Trying to gain XP running once a day is gonna take us forever to level. I know there's XP kits but they where created to give us a boost in levelling. I dunno, this new expansion doesn't really make me that enthusiastic to play. #mandown

thekragle
06-28-2017, 09:29 PM
I think if we continue to give suggestions on what we are willing to pay to play or not pay Sts will listen and adjust accordingly.

Don't forget about the whole housing crisis with rent, lol. Yeah, remember when we had to pay rent for our houses!! STS took huge steps to make us happy there, so keep the suggestions rolling!!

Suentous PO
06-28-2017, 11:00 PM
I think if we continue to give suggestions on what we are willing to pay to play or not pay Sts will listen and adjust accordingly.

Don't forget about the whole housing crisis with rent, lol. Yeah, remember when we had to pay rent for our houses!! STS took huge steps to make us happy there, so keep the suggestions rolling!!

This is an excellent point and to the credit of sts, they did listen to us back then, so ty!, but this new expansion as described, it is flawed for a free to play game, and will lead to less activity

Avaree
06-28-2017, 11:21 PM
Honestly I'm okay with gating how much we can spam the maps, but not for plat, I'd be happier to see repeatable quests for tokens(non daily), or a timed lockout for how many times we can run per hour, one run per day then having to pay plat to keep going is too harsh IMO
+ a lot, i agree,

my first post "cant wait" in the original expansion thread, I didnt read down far enough to the area where it said, "quest one daily". I can't wait for expansion, but, I can wait for pay to play. I love this game, and have made many friends, and have had tons of fun, but i fear for those who cant afford to spend plat on multiple accesses to the new maps, i fear they will hang up their gear on their way out in happy trails.

Can their be a compromise for the f2p players? I have had pms tonight from some f2p and p2p friends, all are unhappy with what was originally posted in the expansion preview.

Thanks for reading,

Ava

Azerothraven
06-29-2017, 06:59 AM
I wanna point out too all players that STS do listen to us and that's why they delayed the expansion till next week. Like many, I was unhappy about limitations on running a map once a day but I personally believe this expansion should not be like artifact type map. This is my first experience of expansion since I started playing AL and I don't want it to be running once a day. I understand STS wants the map to last long and that's great but people have a natural tendency to finish so we rush to farm and stuff. If they really wanted expansion to last longer then they should design the expansion in a better fashion rather than limit gameplay or extended it by plat. Why do repeatable quest on expansion when we already have that on artifact? Isn't expansion meant to bring something new rather than change 1 hour repeatable quest to 1 day repeatable quest? I believe all maps should be free access but since AL is also a business; I understand premium dungeons. Also I don't agree with energy kits for expansion because that's for events and expansion is not an event. Maybe they can implement events for the 14 player raid at 66 but not the maps. It would be better if dungeon 61-65 were unrestricted and 66 raid was energy based or plat based to do the raid there. But overall, I am glad the expansion was delayed to reconsider the original direction and plan for expansion. No daily repeatable quest please for 6 months thank you. Not all of us have that kind of commitment and would prefer it to be fun rather than an everyday chore.

Nommos
06-29-2017, 07:32 AM
There was a very cool mmo for mobile devices. It was like a Warcraft clone but without dungeons. Everyone in community was anticipating for the dungeons to be added in game. After some months dungeons came out with an energy bar. When you enter the dungeon energy was emptying and when was empty you couldn’t enter again. You had to pay plats to enter again. So f2p players could enter only two times a day if they had a good party and made a good run before their energy bar goes down. Guess what…. After little time players started to leave…

Thewolfbull
06-29-2017, 08:20 AM
I think one plat entry map is enough maybe buff arc artifact to make more people wanna run forgotten ruins with plat? And leave new maps free entry. Another idea would be to add something like cryo hunter elix (bought with plat) for new maps that would give you better chance to loot something good in new maps.

Justg
06-29-2017, 11:02 AM
We're listening, and considering options while we polish the expansion. Appreciate the helpful suggestions, as usual deleting salty rants.

Keep it positive yo!

illwilly
06-29-2017, 11:37 AM
I do not get why everyone complain after the little info was given. We could have new cap in just a few hours, now we wait another week.

Bmlty
06-29-2017, 12:02 PM
I do not get why everyone complain after the little info was given. We could have new cap in just a few hours, now we wait another week.
One run per day for free sounds like an expansion to you?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Vvildfire
06-29-2017, 12:09 PM
Personally I'm not against the limitation to the map's access. It's probably because I'm a casual player, I'd be kinda fine with one run per day (yes, you can use that against me, but hear me out). But to put it in the devs' perspective, no one would want to work hard on an area, just to have people get bored of it in a couple months. I kinda understand that. We always crave for new things (see the "we need new vanities, not recolors" threads), or things that are hard to get (that's what farming is about). I feel like we, as humans, can enjoy the anticipation, the hype, just as much, if not more, than the action itself.
With just one run per day, I'm sure we will all enjoy that one run a lot more than our 20th, 30th run of the day.
AL won't die because you can't play ONE expansion constantly.
Hell, I've seen people expressively wishing they could run Mausoleum forever.

Now, if the purpose of the limited access is to preserve our enjoyment of the expansion's contents, I think it'd also make sense to limit the amount of platinum-purchased entries, as well. Of course, being a premium feature, it should allow the p2p player to run a few more than the f2p one... But not infinite. Maybe let them run at most five times as much as freemium users. I think that'd satisfy the farmers who don't want plat players to dominate the lvl 66 market.

Kingofninjas
06-29-2017, 12:43 PM
For me the whole point of using plat is so I don't have to do PvE. If I am being forced to use plat just to PvE, it is more likely for me to simply stop using plat.

This is not a threat, just the viewpoint of someone who uses plat solely so they do not have to grind for gold in PvE.

thekragle
06-29-2017, 12:55 PM
For me the whole point of using plat is so I don't have to do PvE. If I am being forced to use plat just to PvE, it is more likely for me to simply stop using plat.

This is not a threat, just the viewpoint of someone who uses plat solely so they do not have to grind for gold in PvE.

I actually love this point. When I asked for a plat based map I thought of it as being a map that is easy and short, a total funfest! Imagine running through a map killing mummies made of gold and when they die they explode dropping gold and loot (sometimes very little and sometimes very rarely, jackpot!)

Paying plat should make something easy or instant otherwise there is less motivation to pay.

Drannak
06-29-2017, 01:35 PM
This new expansion will just be a giant energy event. I was so looking forward to it but I'm now meh.

And...if I read it right, XP gains are in these maps too ? So you gotta plat to XP too ?
Trying to gain XP running once a day is gonna take us forever to level. I know there's XP kits but they where created to give us a boost in levelling. I dunno, this new expansion doesn't really make me that enthusiastic to play. #mandown

To level up fast you can do the 4 daily quests in Shayal maps and 1 daily in Nordr's 1st map. If I remember corectly each one of them gives you 600xp. So 5x600 every day will help you a lot. That's how I level up since lv41 cap ! Every level will be about ~15k xp I believe (except lv66 which is always far more )

illwilly
06-29-2017, 01:40 PM
One run per day for free sounds like an expansion to you?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Not really, but how can you be so sure that was for all maps, maby it was other maps to, they said what they told was just some of what to come. It might even be 5 dailys or a daily for each previous zone and even hourly or repetable like glintstone 90 elite orcs.. but all had to complain on a hint..

mathod
06-29-2017, 01:51 PM
Bring back fun of this game! It's become just business for u sts team in moust dirty tradition yo, u annonced more and more plat based things, crates/instant store crates s ok awakes...ok but now u take the biggest fun option for players, f2p, pve, farming etc, and this players is more then 60% of arlor land I belive, so just don't loose them. I hope u will close this season, push out new expansion cause moust players are bored of old content.
P.s will appreciate if u bring back old good tradition of seasonal vanity set like it was back at time for Kraken Nordr and Tindirin expansions, also will be op if u can made special timed banner for crypts tombs

Majin
06-29-2017, 01:54 PM
Personally I'm not against the limitation to the map's access. It's probably because I'm a casual player, I'd be kinda fine with one run per day (yes, you can use that against me, but hear me out). But to put it in the devs' perspective, no one would want to work hard on an area, just to have people get bored of it in a couple months. I kinda understand that. We always crave for new things (see the "we need new vanities, not recolors" threads), or things that are hard to get (that's what farming is about). I feel like we, as humans, can enjoy the anticipation, the hype, just as much, if not more, than the action itself.
With just one run per day, I'm sure we will all enjoy that one run a lot more than our 20th, 30th run of the day.
AL won't die because you can't play ONE expansion constantly.
Hell, I've seen people expressively wishing they could run Mausoleum forever.

Now, if the purpose of the limited access is to preserve our enjoyment of the expansion's contents, I think it'd also make sense to limit the amount of platinum-purchased entries, as well. Of course, being a premium feature, it should allow the p2p player to run a few more than the f2p one... But not infinite. Maybe let them run at most five times as much as freemium users. I think that'd satisfy the farmers who don't want plat players to dominate the lvl 66 market.

If maps r designed with good concept , people keep playing them .. check elite king n cryo chamber.. they r more then year old and still fully active..

Making a free entry twice or thrice isnt deal.. wisdom of playing expansion is main thing..
If farmers want more chances they will simply make more toons copy of there main.

Majin
06-29-2017, 01:57 PM
To level up fast you can do the 4 daily quests in Shayal maps and 1 daily in Nordr's 1st map. If I remember corectly each one of them gives you 600xp. So 5x600 every day will help you a lot. That's how I level up since lv41 cap ! Every level will be about ~15k xp I believe (except lv66 which is always far more )

Its already 20k+ xp for 62.. it will go to approx 25-28k for 66

Drannak
06-29-2017, 02:10 PM
After the 1rst month of excitement about the new expansion people will start to buy elite awakening gems (5 plats) again instead of the access . Personally I better stay to mausoleum 5-6 and farm it for ever to loot scales (price gone up again due to the useful voice set ) and massive twilight crates. I hate the limitation of one entry per day .....and then pay if you want more... STS wants to take back the gold from mausoleum expansion right ?! So make us pay gold to enter each new map.

Kingofninjas
06-29-2017, 03:41 PM
I think the best example of the way a plat based map should be was the mines of Nordr. It allowed us to fight the 5 bosses of the nordr expansion without having to kill the mobs. Back then, this was a huge help as the only worthwhile loot came from bosses. Plat provided a huge shortcut, which is the way it should be IMO.

Drannak
06-29-2017, 03:52 PM
Its already 20k+ xp for 62.. it will go to approx 25-28k for 66

I don't have a problem with the 25k exp. I'll still use the same method with the 3600 per day (since they allow us to run only 1 time per day the new maps). I'll also keep running mauso and I'll gain some exp there too. That's my plan 😊

Midievalmodel
06-29-2017, 04:13 PM
When I think about previous expansions way in the past where there were normal maps and very difficult elite maps of the same version things worked so so well. I can't help but think why was that abandoned? I understand that STG do not want us to burn through all the content so fast but there is a very very easy solution to that. Release legendary gear in stages with the first set of legendary gear only slightly more powerful then previous cap gear. Then slowly introduce new gear in stages through out the season that is only slightly more powerful than the previous will continue to spark interest to run these elite maps throughout the season. Combine the luck based and grind base system of loot. Have some gear that is luck based to drop and one set of gear that is grind based that takes alot of running and crafting. The drop rate for luck base loot should be low to help maintain its value. And of course once its value is lost new items will be added to map so it won't really matter. Give plat users more advantage by allowing them to play the same map but this plat bought map has higher drop rate of items. Continue to put arcane items that are most powerful in crates to make plat users pop open crates. One suggestion of these arcane items in crates especially weapons is you guys need to make the drop rate slightly lower so that the prices don't drop too fast and flood the market. Older arcane weapon drop rate (arcane maul for example) was too rare but the more recent arcane weapon drop rate (arcane dragon sword for example) was just too high and it flooded the market. Somewhere in between would be great.

The biggest problem last expansion is that stg released such powerful legendary weapons right away and the drop rate of these legendary weapons were so high. It lost its value so fast. Also do not allow mobs to drop these new weapons/items cuz the drop rate gets too high and out of control. In addition these legendary weapons were so powerful it made the mythic weapons really unworthy and no one really wanted to farm for them. So start out slower this time with legendary weapon release. Make them only slightly more powerful than previous cap legendary and slowly release new and slightly more powerful items throughout the season. That is key in my opinion. New and better weapons/items is what drives this game. People will always be willing to run any darn map if there is prospect for them to get better gear and improve their stats.

Suentous PO
06-29-2017, 08:22 PM
Best solution i've heard so far is to allow all coins from every map (hauntlet cryo glint story) to be an entrance fee along with plat.

keep it free to run maps. I want to play the game, why stop me? A plat entrance fee won't result in me buying more plat-

Mohok
06-30-2017, 08:59 PM
U guy know there is kids playing who can't buy plat and there is players who play and they can't buy plat also cuz they have no enough money so I think the map being free is the best thing we play game to have fun together we don't wanna lose players ;) plz sts make it free for those who can't buy plat u are the best sts :).

Niixed
07-01-2017, 05:24 AM
Let economic principles lead the way or you'll end up with a big fat nothingburger, like many previous plat schemes. Sure, introducing plat for map entry might generate additional revenue, but what other effects might it have?

It will reduce game activity, which is critical for a socially-driven game... unless you're going away from that model? Plat for map entry is a heavy lean toward the pay for play model.

I don't think ya'll are extracting enough value from your free gamers, the social networking is what would ultimately bring paying customers back to the game. Try to see things from that perspective... people want to have a good time and they want to use plat for shortcuts, boosts, power ups, like Kingofninjas is saying.

Your on-the-fly plat products are way overpriced, why such resistance to lowering prices? Lemme have a conversation with whomever is driving high prices behind the scenes! It's a terrible model because it targets your upper class wealthy demographic and leaves the middle class in the dust. When you permanently lose your middle class you will be permanently sunk.

If you force plat for map entry on the community it'll create significant negativity, thus harming revenue. I think you're looking at a revenue wash or worse if you go ahead and implement. Maybe I'm wrong because you've got the super secret ninja scrolls of game stats that says otherwise, but... ya know.

Midievalmodel
07-01-2017, 11:01 AM
Let economic principles lead the way or you'll end up with a big fat nothingburger, like many previous plat schemes. Sure, introducing plat for map entry might generate additional revenue, but what other effects might it have?

It will reduce game activity, which is critical for a socially-driven game... unless you're going away from that model? Plat for map entry is a heavy lean toward the pay for play model.

I don't think ya'll are extracting enough value from your free gamers, the social networking is what would ultimately bring paying customers back to the game. Try to see things from that perspective... people want to have a good time and they want to use plat for shortcuts, boosts, power ups, like Kingofninjas is saying.

Your on-the-fly plat products are way overpriced, why such resistance to lowering prices? Lemme have a conversation with whomever is driving high prices behind the scenes! It's a terrible model because it targets your upper class wealthy demographic and leaves the middle class in the dust. When you permanently lose your middle class you will be permanently sunk.

If you force plat for map entry on the community it'll create significant negativity, thus harming revenue. I think you're looking at a revenue wash or worse if you go ahead and implement. Maybe I'm wrong because you've got the super secret ninja scrolls of game stats that says otherwise, but... ya know.

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

Konviict
07-01-2017, 01:18 PM

this guy knows whats up, well said well said

Jazzi
07-03-2017, 12:01 AM

I came out of my slumber both on the forums and in game to support this ^^ :)

Alhuntrazeck
07-03-2017, 07:49 AM
IIRC the Mines of Nordia cost 25 plat to enter, this is a huge leap for STS lol.

Kakashis
07-03-2017, 12:04 PM
How about just make the plat entries sellable like energy is.

Cinco
07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Several good ideas in this thread!

I'm definitely in agreement that Platinum based stuff should be very worthwhile :-)

Moyser
07-03-2017, 01:31 PM
I've just read the new thread and thanks for making it Gold :D The question remains, how much Gold for each daily though :O

Vvildfire
07-04-2017, 05:23 AM
I've just read the new thread and thanks for making it Gold :D

Yep, thanks for the gold update :)

May I just say? Dozens of people complained about the plat map, I'm hoping to see just as many thanks for the change.