PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends Client 1.7.4 has been released!

asommers
10-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Features

Added Vanity Closet, which allows you to have a vanity item per visible slot!
Halloween has returned to Pocket Legends. To take part in the adventure and fun talk to a Towne Crier and Halloween Hal in Forest Haven.
Added Recruiter guild rank, which can invite but not remove members from the guild
You can now view item stats in the Consignment Shoppe
You will now receive a notification when a friend invites you to join their game.
Base stats that are used to determine items can be equipped are now shown
Deleting a premium chacter warns you with a pop-up.
If you have no quests, and your next recommended quest is offered in a different zone, you should now see a Go To button in the quest UI to take you to the correct zone.
If you have previously completed the tutorial with any character on your account, you will be given the option to skip the tutorial without entering it when you create a new character.
Purchasing a schematic during crafting should now cause the schematic slot to turn green.
World map now scrolls left to right on iPhone/Android
You can now reject all outstanding friend requests
Added code support for subscriptions (not yet available)

Bug Fixes

Fixed occasional crash after patching
Fixed client crash if you happened to be touch-dragging when the Deal of the Day pops up
Visiting the Deal Of The Day from the store while in a dungeon will no longer exit the dungeon when you leave the Deal of the Day screen
Fixed DealOfTheDay showing up immediately following an alert
Rings removed from Consignment Shoppe
Guild invites are no longer displayed in the guild tab
Guild invites are now only displayed in notifications, you can accept a guild invite through the notification
Guild invites are now cleared for a character whenever the character switch maps
Fixed join button not being displayed when friends are in a towne
Join button (from the guild/friend ui pages) will not let you join friends who are still in the newbie tutorial.
Fixed most cases where quest turnins would sometimes not work if you had multiple quests ready to complete with the same npc, when some had item rewards and some did not.
Disabling music should no longer sometimes leave the music playing very quietly.
Players can no longer die in townes
Fixed a bug where the health bar for enemy npcs was being displayed for a couple of seconds when you first see them
Virtual joystick indicator should now be hidden if you open the hud menu
Loading screen shouldn't spend most of its time on one item ('Waxing elf ears...')
You should no longer hear sounds when nearby players accept or complete a quest.
There is now a notification that appears when you are muted for inappropriate chat.
Unranked skills should no longer show 0
When trying to add a friend and then switching to another ui window, you should no longer lose the ability add friends
Replying to player chat messages will no longer automatically select the text when the keyboard appears.
Tapping anywhere on the trade confirmation screen should no longer cancel your trade.
Burke the Blacksmith's daily crafting quests are now available again!
Heavy Duty Hilts can now be crafted at the Hallows Crafting Materials forge
The Snake Charmer boss in Nuri's Hallows Chapter 4: "Boggy Waters" will now only spawn in after a certain number of monsters have been cleared on this level.
Chase camera option now works correctly when using an Xperia Play

It may take a while for the application to be available in the App Store. Android will be updated shortly. Pocket Legends 1.7.3 will be shut down at 5pm today.

-ALS

StompArtist
10-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Cool!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks.

Can we expect new plat vanities for the new closet?

adidaman
10-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Keep it up devs ((::

Roc
Holy guacamole! This is...this is awesome :sorrow: <- tears of joy

thedream
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:emmersed:

Lowlyspy
10-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Fantastic! New guild rank yay!

EDIT: the griefers have been defeated!

stealthyman
10-17-2011, 02:10 PM
AAAAAWWWWSSSSSOOOOMMMMEEEE :)
:frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog:

FluffNStuff
10-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Will SL Halloween also require a client update?

im4broke
10-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Ooops...in my excitement I did not read the fine print at the bottom! Thanks STS!!!;)

stealthyman
10-17-2011, 02:16 PM
What time zone is asommers in. I dont know what 5pm is in London

deafmaster
10-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Add Content

StompArtist
10-17-2011, 02:19 PM
... What will the subscription include? Plat per month? Vanities? What?

JaytB
10-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Great lengthy list of bug fixes, most happy to hear the join button go fixed :D

FluffNStuff
10-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Features

-ALS

A cryptic statement as this can not go unaddressed!
So, Hmm, Guesses?
Funny Hat of the Month Subscription?
Unlimited Respecs Subscription?
Subscription to 'A Bear's Life'?
Elixer ingredients are now dropped and we need to find the recipe on how to mix them?
ASommers Signature in a variety of Fonts?
STS is becoming a 501(C) Religious Organization and offering us a way to both play PL and save on our taxes by calling it a donation?

What do you think?

Cascade
10-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Excellent! New guild rank! And Halloween!

Ixillicus
10-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Yay, awesome. Just saw the app available for update now :)

nazgulking
10-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Wonderful!

Samhayne
10-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Will SL Halloween also require a client update?

Yes, there is a client update for Star Legends that should be out this week.

im4broke
10-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Subscription to 'A Bear's Life'?

What do you think?

I want!!!

Samhayne
... What will the subscription include? Plat per month? Vanities? What?

We will have more information about subscription options when they are made available.

oxdream81
Features

Added Vanity Closet, which allows you to have a vanity item per visible slot!
Halloween has returned to Pocket Legends. To take part in the adventure and fun talk to a Towne Crier and Halloween Hal in Forest Haven.
Added Recruiter guild rank, which can invite but not remove members from the guild
You can now view item stats in the Consignment Shoppe
You will now receive a notification when a friend invites you to join their game.
Base stats that are used to determine items can be equipped are now shown
Deleting a premium chacter warns you with a pop-up.
If you have no quests, and your next recommended quest is offered in a different zone, you should now see a Go To button in the quest UI to take you to the correct zone.
If you have previously completed the tutorial with any character on your account, you will be given the option to skip the tutorial without entering it when you create a new character.
Purchasing a schematic during crafting should now cause the schematic slot to turn green.
World map now scrolls left to right on iPhone/Android
You can now reject all outstanding friend requests

Bug Fixes

Fixed occasional crash after patching
Fixed client crash if you happened to be touch-dragging when the Deal of the Day pops up
Visiting the Deal Of The Day from the store while in a dungeon will no longer exit the dungeon when you leave the Deal of the Day screen
Fixed DealOfTheDay showing up immediately following an alert
Rings removed from Consignment Shoppe
Guild invites are no longer displayed in the guild tab
Guild invites are now only displayed in notifications, you can accept a guild invite through the notification
Guild invites are now cleared for a character whenever the character switch maps
Fixed join button not being displayed when friends are in a towne
Join button (from the guild/friend ui pages) will not let you join friends who are still in the newbie tutorial.
Fixed most cases where quest turnins would sometimes not work if you had multiple quests ready to complete with the same npc, when some had item rewards and some did not.
Disabling music should no longer sometimes leave the music playing very quietly.
Players can no longer die in townes
Fixed a bug where the health bar for enemy npcs was being displayed for a couple of seconds when you first see them
Loading screen shouldn't spend most of its time on one item ('Waxing elf ears...')
You should no longer hear sounds when nearby players accept or complete a quest.
There is now a notification that appears when you are muted for inappropriate chat.
Unranked skills should no longer show 0
When trying to add a friend and then switching to another ui window, you should no longer lose the ability add friends
Replying to player chat messages will no longer automatically select the text when the keyboard appears.
Tapping anywhere on the trade confirmation screen should no longer cancel your trade.
Burke the Blacksmith's daily crafting quests are now available again!
Heavy Duty Hilts can now be crafted at the Hallows Crafting Materials forge
The Snake Charmer boss in Nuri's Hallows Chapter 4: "Boggy Waters" will now only spawn in after a certain number of monsters have been cleared on this level.
Chase camera option now works correctly when using an Xperia Play

It may take a while for the application to be available in the App Store. Android will be updated shortly. Pocket Legends 1.7.3 will be shut down at 5pm today.

-ALS

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool :)

Heroelite
10-17-2011, 02:31 PM
i dont see it available yet

StompArtist
10-17-2011, 02:31 PM
We will have more information about subscription options when they are made available.

Sam: Would the game still be playable for non subscribers?

Duped
10-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Can't wait! Looking very much forward to this update

I'm confident PL will always be free to play, just the subscription will allow some advantage (presumably) the same way spending plat does.

Elitephonix
10-17-2011, 02:36 PM
u guys should send me a ipod touch so i can play RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom took my ipad 2 away so i cant play :9

Cascade
10-17-2011, 02:36 PM
You can't talk to the crier? Halloween ISNT out?

bronislav84
10-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Subscribing? Oh boy, I am scared even though it is not yet implemented.

Vegetaz
10-17-2011, 02:43 PM

Awesome. That was very annoying whenever I wanted to go to the map. Thanks devs!

Samhayne
10-17-2011, 02:45 PM

Yes!

Cascade
10-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Yes!

The halloween update didn't work.

maneatingtree
10-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Sweet

Treenire
10-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Hmm, my phone and ipad both tell me theres no update......?

Eyesharp
10-17-2011, 02:58 PM
Oh yeah baby!

NECROREAPER
10-17-2011, 02:58 PM
Update is in the app store but nothing was new after updating

JaytB
10-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Hmm, my phone and ipad both tell me theres no update......?

Had that too, I did a manual search, and updated that way. It probably will help you too :)

NECROREAPER
10-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Also, the join button when a friend is in towne still doesn't work for iPad and iPhone :/

im4broke
10-17-2011, 03:01 PM
My initial update was to copy over the old since several updates recently have worked that way. But when I clicked on PL after finishing the update my HTC Flyer just blink really fast as if I had done something and returned to the same screen not going to the PL sign-in. Un-installed and re-installing is working so far.

Swimmingstar
10-17-2011, 03:04 PM
WOOOOH! HALLOWEEN!!!Halloween!

Lowlyspy
10-17-2011, 03:06 PM
I just updated, it doesnt even open

bronislav84
10-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Um why does the game need to read contact data now and use the vibrator? New features? Just wondering.

But seriously worried about what a sub option will do.

NECROREAPER
10-17-2011, 03:12 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled, no luck. Seems like a half update as im seeing some new stuff but no Halloween stuff, plus join button still doesn't work.

I'm on iPad 2 and iPhone 4

BodMaster
10-17-2011, 03:12 PM
No luck either! Some massive changes tho great work! :D

Vanity Closet will it be added to SL in future updates?

maneatingtree
10-17-2011, 03:13 PM
What time will halloween be available for ios? Today?

Rolocoaster
10-17-2011, 03:16 PM
i uninstalled and installed and it was the same , then i tried goig in game and it said i had to download the latest version of pocket legends from marketplace. I then uninstalled it again and redownloaded it again and it still wont letm e even go in game , im on a droid x.

xXDamonDXx
10-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Is there a reason it says no space available even though i got 7gb free on memory card and 12gb on internal?

Works ok on my ipod but galaxy tab cant use it now, i deleted it to and now i cant even get the apk back lol

mugen
10-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Features

-ALS
this has me sorta scared.
also i updated put my client still says 1.7.3

Lowlyspy
10-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Deleted and reinstalled and its workin fine now, well done sts

CappinClutch
10-17-2011, 03:19 PM
First time I've been back in PL in ages...I think I scared Ebalere when I messaged him lol! Hahahaaa!

Treenire
10-17-2011, 03:20 PM
i uninstalled and installed and it was the same , then i tried goig in game and it said i had to download the latest version of pocket legends from marketplace. I then uninstalled it again and redownloaded it again and it still wont letm e even go in game , im on a droid x.

Im having the same prob with my phone as well, my ipad doesnt seem to notice and update...

NECROREAPER
10-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Tried deleting and reinstalling three times, nothing works.

My iPad IS updating something but I'm getting no new content.

Skeletonlord
10-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Great update only took 5 mins to download

Chiuey
10-17-2011, 03:28 PM
My download and update works perfectly.

What's the point of expanding the World Map anyway? :o
It was nice, short, and east the way it was. :)

Anyway, I can't wait to see Halloween event. I'm going to see it now.

EDIT: When choosing the Halloween Enchantress Item Pack in iPod or iPhone, the title of each selection is off. The number of level is gone far out of the screen. It cannot be seen. xD

Nick41324
10-17-2011, 03:29 PM
There isnt a update in apple app store!!!! HELP STS!!!!! I..... Need... Halloween!!!

NECROREAPER
10-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Gimme mai halloweenz!!!!1!!1

DRONE769
10-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Same thing for SL i hpe

Rolocoaster
10-17-2011, 03:35 PM
just redownloaded it for the 4th time and it finally worked , thanks sts :)

mugen
10-17-2011, 03:36 PM
ok mine pushed through great job guys looks like i wont get much sleep tonite thanks :p

牛丼が好き
10-17-2011, 03:42 PM
for iOS users , the update page won't show PL for the update . search PL and download it from the main page of the App store .

Samhayne
10-17-2011, 03:43 PM
You just have to be patient. It takes a while for all clients to get it. If you search for Pocket Legends in the App Store you might get the update button to grab the latest client, as a potential work around to try.

Elixir_Withdrawal
10-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Im having issues, for one after i updated the game kept force closing on my at start up. Than i decided to uninstall the app, to then download a fresh copy. And now in the market, it cant download the game because my cell phones has insufficient space left. Which is BS cuz i have 500mb left of memory. Anyone experiencing this issue?

Samhayne
10-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Im having issues, for one after i updated the game kept force closing on my at start up. Than i decided to uninstall the app, to hen download a fresh copy. And now in the market, it cant download the game because my cell phones has insufficient space left. Which is BS cuz i have 500mb left of memory. Anyone experiencing this issue?

Try clearing out your marketplace cache. See this article at: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/entries/20075762-i-have-trouble-installing-or-updating-the-game-on-my-android

octavos
10-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Try clearing out your marketplace cache. See this article at: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/entries/20075762-i-have-trouble-installing-or-updating-the-game-on-my-android

What has worked for me is uninstalling PL, and re downloading the app.
now works like a charm :D

mett7
10-17-2011, 04:31 PM
I cant update from android market. There is no update in market :applause:

Subscriber
10-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Great job STS, can't wait. :)

ReapeJZ
10-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Finally a new update!!

Suntv
10-17-2011, 05:26 PM
The new costumes tell us "due by nov 1st.". Does that mean they can't be used after the 1st of November? What will happen to the plat we've paid if so?

im4broke
10-17-2011, 05:32 PM
The new costumes tell us "due by nov 1st.". Does that mean they can't be used after the 1st of November? What will happen to the plat we've paid if so?
It says in the purchase that is only for rental and that all costumes must be returned. I did get two pinks in buying some of these but sadly found that the pinks cannot be sold or traded only stashed.

Flickz
10-17-2011, 05:47 PM
With this update i can no longer buy plat can a dev tell me whats wrong please?

JaytB
10-17-2011, 05:49 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled, no luck. Seems like a half update as im seeing some new stuff but no Halloween stuff, plus join button still doesn't work.

I'm on iPad 2 and iPhone 4

I can confirm join button not working on neither iPhone or iPad. Also can't find any Halloween stuff or missions or whatever, like all of my iOS buddies I spoke too. Are we missing something here??

maneatingtree
10-17-2011, 05:58 PM
the king of pumpkin map messed up u can walk thru walls lol

JaytB
10-17-2011, 06:08 PM
I can confirm join button not working on neither iPhone or iPad. Also can't find any Halloween stuff or missions or whatever, like all of my iOS buddies I spoke too. Are we missing something here??

Apparently it helps if you delete the app first, and do a fresh install, instead of updating :D

anglfyr
10-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Same halloween event like last year... no thrill.. no challenge.. same halloween costumes.. same quests, same halloween items. All the same!

I wish Christmas Event will be something different.. something to be excite about. Sorry, I just want to share what I think.. and express my feelings.. I expected more, something new and fun, thats why!

Thx for this event anyway. I will still play. I purchased platinum and gave away itunes card earlier.

Billybob
10-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Tried to delete and reinstall and nothing works cant even try to log in

Lady_Pebbles
10-17-2011, 06:21 PM

Thats the same problem Im having. On Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant (first one). Then it tells me "not enough room on this device" really? My device says I have hella room for stuff. Oh & I did clean out the cache! X.x

ExperimentNebulaCore
10-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Spent hour and 25 minute downloading... dosent install and restsarts phone. I'm not going yo redownload 2+ times.....................

Phoenixking
10-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Can you please make it possible for poeple to host halloween maps

Vegetaz
10-17-2011, 06:33 PM
For some reason I can not see anything under the guild tab but I can see guild members chatting. Any idea how to fix this?

Ghastly
10-17-2011, 06:41 PM
This is a great update and a great way for people to have fun with or without plat which is good. Ty STS!

Zarinx
10-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Nice job Sts..

MrGoober
10-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Great client update accept the Halloween event being "plat" exclusive. Pretty lame.

FAIL!

Imsebastiaanl
10-17-2011, 11:57 PM
Thx!

Elyseon
10-18-2011, 12:30 AM
When can i have my pet dragon? xD

Sassinya
10-18-2011, 12:51 AM
The subscriptions mention has got me all worried that I won't be able to afford to play both PL & SL anymore :'( I'll be watching for more information.

Thanks for great update and content!!

dexintstr
10-18-2011, 01:13 AM
Um why does the game need to read contact data now and use the vibrator? New features? Just wondering.

But seriously worried about what a sub option will do.

I think this is an important concern people have. Please see a flood of complaints in Android Market.
https://market.android.com/details?id=sts.pl

csb
10-18-2011, 02:05 AM
subscriptions? Then, the wife will make me quit.

Gluttony
10-18-2011, 02:25 AM
Quick concern, why are the costumes in the vanity helmet section when there is now a vanity armor section? I'd very much enjoy wearing my vanity with my set bonus vanity (which I don't actually have) or even the new pumpkin head of terror. I assume that it's simply because the costumes are not the same frame as the usable characters, but how about next time (year) making the costumes separate from other vanity items, for instance having the vanity armor the body of the knight, but being able to not wear a helmet (mask) or even mix and match between other options. Just some ideas to keep it fresh and you have approx 12 months to work on them.

Also for all of those who are worried about the "vague" code to support subscriptions, don't worry about having access to PL since Sam gave us assurances. The game will still be playable, but I am curious what premium features the subscription will allow.

Yes!

adidaman
10-18-2011, 06:13 AM
Just discovered this. Heading to bed, but first impression: Disappointed w/ artists and designers, but then again, it's just a holiday event.

2nd impression: Arterra has lost its sense of time. It's like a world where EVERY Mona Lisa is the REAL Mona Lisa, whether you purchased it from the artist, from a museum or from the street vendor in the corner.

All good stories have a timeline...

Double posting doesn't make you cool

Riccits
10-18-2011, 06:39 AM
skill images finally have the right resolution :D

regasir
10-18-2011, 06:56 AM
great with more stuff gj devs

Ruby!!!
10-19-2011, 02:08 AM

I hope no one complains about my furry ears ingame - we have way less waxing time now. :distrust:

(Sorry but reading how everyone is raging about their crumbling kingdom of holiday items made me wanna write something silly. But seriously: Thank you for the update!)

cynic
10-19-2011, 05:10 AM
yeah subscription, this is gonna solve a lot and i can return to pl again!!!

Suntv
10-19-2011, 04:26 PM
yeah subscription, this is gonna solve a lot and i can return to pl again!!!

See you soon!

-a fan

Zeus
10-19-2011, 06:35 PM

She's a very respected forum member. This is the first time I've seen her double post and it looks like it was obviously due to forum/internet lag. Cut her some slack, bud. :)

Skeletonlord
10-20-2011, 09:00 AM
great update

StompArtist
10-20-2011, 09:27 AM

Chill out.

Myzticwarrior
10-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Are you using the new market place in your galaxy tab??? If you are just delete it from settings>applications then download the pl in the old green market...

PatsoeGamer
10-21-2011, 06:40 AM
Brilliant update, my ears are now less waxy! Love the update thx devs!