PDA

View Full Version : Invite button on guild has no effect

bronislav84
10-17-2011, 02:45 PM
This might be localized to Android only, but when I choose to invite a guildie who is not also my friend, there is no confirmation of having invited them, and asking a couple of people it seems they don't get notices.

Might also be in PL.

MimeRifle
10-17-2011, 02:47 PM
I play on iOS5 (iPad), same problem. It doesn't seem to issue the invitation at all unless you're on the "friends" tab rather than guild.

bronislav84
10-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Thank you for confirming this is also broken on iOS.

Oh yea, while we're here, a couple guildies have told me the Join button on guild doesn't always work.

Flip
10-17-2011, 05:14 PM
I just tried this out and I was able to guild invite and join without issue. A couple of changes to note on guild invites:

* Invites are no longer displayed on the guild page.
* Invites are displayed and accepted via a Notification.
* If the invited player cancels that Notification then they won't see another Guild invite from you until they zone.

MimeRifle
10-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the clarification Flip.

Dracula
10-17-2011, 05:48 PM
I've noticed that the invite feature in the guild section only works if the person you are inviting is also on your friends list, otherwise it doesn't work so well. At least this was how it workd the last time I checked.

CanonicalKoi
10-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Flip, did you try inviting someone to join a guild or try inviting a guild-mate to join you in an instance? I thought Bron meant that unless a guild-mate was also a friend, the invitation to join him in an instance wasn't working. Or I'm confuzzled as is right and normal. I just went to try the latter, but no guildies on at the mo. :(

Flip
10-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Actually this was my confusion, I misread the thread header and started rambling about PL as we just pushed out a bunch of changes to PL =)
The changes listed above are "Coming Soon!" for SL.
I'm also confused about whether we're talking about inviting people to join the guild, or inviting a guildy to join your map. Either way, I'll check both functions!

bronislav84
10-17-2011, 07:12 PM
This is about inviting a guildy to join your map, yes. I have not checked PL, sorry.

Fac3bon3s
10-17-2011, 08:06 PM
I just had this issue arise. Although I tried to join a game a guild member was in that I was not invited to. Then was kicked to town.