PDA

View Full Version : Free costume doesn't count for Halloween Hal's quest

bronislav84
10-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Is this a bug? Towne Crier gives a quest so see Hal and the reward is a free hat to look like a Zombie. Then he says talk to him when wearing the costume, and I put it on but can't complete the quest.

Why give out a costume if it's not good for the next quest? I have some plat but I wanted to save it. I'm very frugal with my plat, and a rent item is like a consumable, which I prefer not to buy.

Is this a bug or intended? Just seems like he should recognise the free costume. Looking for confirmation before I spend plat. If it wasn't intended to be a plat only event quest then I'd prefer to save my plat if I can.

MoarPewPew
10-17-2011, 03:50 PM
You gotta buy one to do the content. I would just buy the 5 plat one to save your self $$. Make sure its on when you talk to the quest giver.

Samhayne
10-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Hi Bronislav84,

Yes, you need to go to the store and rent a costume to proceed with the quest line. Here is the text from Halloween Hal:

bronislav84
10-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Thank you Pew and Sam for the confirmation. I will just buy a cheap costume then and save some plat since it's a timed item.

Hope it's worth it.

MrGoober
10-17-2011, 05:07 PM
I see no costumes anywhere that can be purchased with gold. Is this a bug or does it cost PLAT to participate in halloween events?

Oops Edit: misread. It costs plat. Lame