PDA

View Full Version : My opinion on Halloween

Solvok
10-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Yes I merched previous Halloween items. Make it so that the lowest lvl item you can recieve is 50-60

Otherwise, me along with tons of other people who invested in low level halloween items are pretty much.. done for.

Wow, I thought this years event would have a slight contrast than that of last year's event.

Same items, meh.

darkfussion
10-17-2011, 04:44 PM
They brought back 20-50 items?!?! Even releasing lvl 50 I've lost millions...

Whirlzap
10-17-2011, 04:46 PM
And the event's plat only.
Great job with the new fixes and updates but the Halloween is messed up and insanely dumb.
A future word to collectors:
STS doesn't spend too much with these events. Plus they want those who missed it to get the item they wanted from last year. I'm only happy they didn't screw Necro and made the Pumpkin Helm have a different look.

Solvok
10-17-2011, 04:50 PM
They brought back 20-50 items?!?! Even releasing lvl 50 I've lost millions...

Hopefully not Lv50- items, I would be done for aswell.

darkfussion
10-17-2011, 04:52 PM
I have 8+ 50 sets in all colors :/

Whirlzap
10-17-2011, 04:54 PM
There's level 20 and increasing by 5.
Sorry to say this guys, but STS just failed.

Solvok
To think they would actually get a bit more creative.. And change up the items.

Whirlzap
They don't do that. Sorry.

Solvok
10-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Whirl, so they do have Lv20 items active?

Ebalere
10-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Yes as far as I know only the pumpkin helm is updated, there is still scaled drops.

darkfussion
10-17-2011, 04:58 PM
There's level 20 and increasing by 5.
Sorry to say this guys, but STS just failed.

Tradable?!?!?

Ebalere
10-17-2011, 05:01 PM
I dropped a level 60 broom and doll, I doubt STS excluded everyone 55 and below out of the halloween loot. So yes, your collections are all worth way les till early next year probably.

darkfussion
10-17-2011, 05:08 PM
I dropped a level 60 broom and doll, I doubt STS excluded everyone 55 and below out of the halloween loot. So yes, your collections are all worth way les till early next year probably.

There's none in cs that are lower the 55 other then the ones that were in cs, have u seen a low tradable?

Ebalere
10-17-2011, 05:24 PM

There's none in cs that are lower the 55 other then the ones that were in cs, have u seen a low tradable?

Logic allows me to make that statement, but no, I havent.

Edit: confirmed to have seen a few low level pinks in cs, unsure of whether they are new or old

Solvok
10-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Logic allows me to make that statement, but no, I havent.

Edit: confirmed to have seen a few low level pinks in cs, unsure of whether they are new or old

They are new, ive just looted Purp Haunted Doll Lv25 x2

coldwill
10-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Solv,
How were you able to run the dungeons twice? I haven't been able to do them more than once per char.... Sort of sad about that.

Gracious
10-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Hey solvok it's wrath(aka sheenah/cream), and I agree...I'm so bankrupt, I might as well give my collection away to random players...this is ridiculous, its a sin in the mmorpg world to be redundant, especially for holiday items. The point in the word "discontinued" is that it isn't supposed to be generated anymore...I'm quitting due to the fact that sts would pull a ridiculous stunt like this, I understand sts wants to give newer players a chance at getting items they didn't have the opportunity to retrieve, but this just erks me. If that's the case why not give every new player a "founders helm?" I thought the daily deal was a stretch, but this just blatantly steps over the line! Might as well give ever player a community shield as well, they are the community so therefore they must be helping the community, whether it be self help or helping another. It could be just selling a certain item at an unusually low price. Buying an item from someone counts as help too right? Justified right? Probably not, but that's the same mentality with this event. Items Like these are meant to be special, such as: the community shield, the founders helm, and the shield of gratitude, but bringing the halloween items should entail the availability of the listed items as well imo. Tip: "Exclusivity," is a big factor in what drives players to play and stay loyal to the game, not commonality. Don't even get me started with Christmas...

Edit: More insight on my opinions.

13lacklegionz
10-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Solv,
How were you able to run the dungeons twice? I haven't been able to do them more than once per char.... Sort of sad about that.

You must join other people's games. You only can make one game yourself once. Might be a glitch or meant to be that way, but that's how it is for now.

Zeus
10-17-2011, 08:01 PM
I take it I should start dumping my 20M collection of winter festivals as well? I'll be lucky if they are even worth 5M now, considering I already lost 4m+ on the Halloween update.

Diodge
10-17-2011, 08:13 PM
.. level 20 pinks . I got some as drops...

Yvonnel
10-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Don't panic. So far I have not been able to get a low level only party. We had a map were 4 people were below 35, but a level 61 joined and would not leave (even after being asked very nicely).

Gracious
10-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Exactly Apollo...sts has turned for the worst imo. I think devs need to hit up mmorpg 101 again. You never bring back old holiday items, NEVER.

Elyseon
10-18-2011, 12:24 AM
Indeed the exclusive purp lvl20 set worth over 10 mil easily. This is the same set of items people are now liquidating to make room for the pinks which are worth under 100k. Sad to see antiques be destroyed, sorry to all who lost so much

And for those of u asking about lvl20s yes, there out, i have full pink set

bluelink
10-18-2011, 12:35 AM
Lol did Sam sleep thru the halloween items class lol jk :p

Gracious
10-18-2011, 01:10 AM
NO, he skipped the entire class altogether.

Gaddy
10-18-2011, 05:07 AM
Ever think that it's possible they are trying to discourage hoarders, I'm sorry, I mean collectors?

Fyrce
10-18-2011, 06:19 AM
I think they're trying to destroy Alterra's history.

I hope I'm wrong. I'm not liquidating anything yet, even though I feel like it and in RL I would be throwing things around :p However, I am hugely disappointed. A story/fantasy world needs a beginning, middle and end. We were happily creating a middle... until now.

I am also disappointed in STS' artists and designers. This really shakes my faith in STS.

It's probably break time. It might be better to enjoy the Real Life thing -- it's definitely NOT the same as last year. I've already seen lots of new decorations and new people decorating, etc. Halloween in RL should be excellent this year.

Gracious
10-18-2011, 06:28 AM
"Hoarding" as you so call it, is a lot harder than you think. It's the reason being for our disappointment, why discourage those who collect. Our money still goes into the pl economy, a great deal of it in fact. A lot of time and persistence goes with that as well. Our hard work and hard earned pl cash all went to waste.

Riccits
10-18-2011, 06:35 AM
all of us knowed theres a chance they could bring back the old items. all knowed the BIG risk. sorry but plz dont whine know...

Gluttony
10-18-2011, 06:42 AM
Ever think that it's possible they are trying to discourage hoarders, I'm sorry, I mean collectors?

Hoarders aside don't forget what collectors have done for you during the evolution of this game. Collectors, you know those players have to have every vanity and are single handedly responsible for everyone being able to complete the Easter event because they decided to buy 10 different colors of the same item and in return everyone else could complete the quest, whose toons rewarded us with a "little luck" so we could get re-rolls during Saint Patrick's day, the individuals who dump an entire mint of plat in order to have every variation of every event sponsored item, you want to discourage those players?!

stank
10-18-2011, 06:59 AM
All i can say is good thing i dont collect. I just play. I always blow a few million every other week. Hey if any of you collectors wanna sell me a lvl 10 pink ornament cheap let me know. Otherwise ill just wait 2 months and loot one for FREE.

Wonderjuice
10-18-2011, 09:03 AM
I don't know. I didn't collect items from last year except the pumpkin head. I didn't buy the glyph or demon set. I didn't use plat except free plat. Now, I just enjoyed the Halloween quests and like the new Pumpkin head. I also enjoyed taking snapshots with other ppls. I enjoyed explaining to people where they can solve the quests and where they have to go to join the Halloween farming. I believe new players who didn't experience last year's Halloween must have enjoyed it too.

Gluttony
10-18-2011, 09:12 AM
This is now that bread sitting in your cupboard for a year, it is now disgustingly moldy.

You going to eat that?

Zeus
10-18-2011, 09:16 AM
You going to eat that?

Nope, you want it?

CrimsonTider
10-18-2011, 09:19 AM
This thread is pointless and should be locked. I understand people have their concerns but to get this upset over a game is ridiculous. The flaming of others is also uncalled for. The last couple of weeks this community has taken some major steps backwards and I do not like it. One thing to voice concerns/issues... another to get completely bent out of shape before STS has time to think.

Chill peeps.

krazii
10-18-2011, 09:20 AM
Free Free Free Free Free Free FreeFree Free Free Free Free Free FreeFree Free Free Free Free Free FreeFree Free Free Free Free Free FreeFree Free Free Free Free Free FreeFree Free Free Free Free Free FreeFree Free Free Free Free Free FreeFree Free Free Free Free Free FreeFree Free Free Free Free Free FreeFree Free Free Free Free Free FreeFree Free Free Free Free Free FreeFree Free Free Free Free Free FreeFree Free Free Free Free Free FreeFree Free Free Free Free Free FreeFree Free Free Free Free Free Free (well, except for the rented costume, lol).

Elyseon
10-18-2011, 10:55 AM
I heard there were gonna be new items...as far as i can see they're all the same, then the plat set ripped me of with a chunker unsellable that look just like the drops and 2 5plat costume, basically lost 10 plat. Is it really that hard to think of new items? You could always do a contest.

Gladeye
10-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Have any of you discovered the bug that makes getting a Halloween bag super easy?

AdinoEznite
10-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Have any of you discovered the bug that makes getting a Halloween bag super easy?
its already super easy lol

小孩子
10-18-2011, 12:08 PM
I take it I should start dumping my 20M collection of winter festivals as well? I'll be lucky if they are even worth 5M now, considering I already lost 4m+ on the Halloween update.

My 62m loss envies your 4m loss.

stealthyman
10-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Hunzzz i dont get how u lost 62 million? Explain... :frog:

Fyrce
10-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Speculation/investment/collecting.

I wonder if Rembrandts would sell for millions if everyone could periodically get one that was indistinguishable from the originals.

I think the collections were more enjoyable when people thought they were rarer.

Elyseon
10-18-2011, 05:02 PM
I think the collections were more enjoyable when people thought they were rarer.

Yeh now they're not really that fun, anyone who tries at all can get them........... . . . . . . . .

小孩子
10-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Hunzzz i dont get how u lost 62 million? Explain... :frog:

One pink 20 haunted doll back then= 10m+,
one set of lvl 20 purp= 10m+

Do the maths @.@