PDA

View Full Version : Buy Sell Trade spam

jMachina
10-17-2011, 05:46 PM
I've noticed there is a lot of Buying, Selling, and trading going on in the main area. This is good!

Some people are abusing this and spamming and obliterating any possibility of chatting. I've reported two people for this type of behavior, but decided not to continue. It's more pervasive than I thought, and I'm not sure if they even think they are doing anything wrong by spamming.

I would like to see a Buy/Sell/Trade (BST) channel that is separate from the main chat channel. It would be some other color (purple), you would type to that channel much like you type to guild chat.

/m for marketplace.

The marketplace channel could be universal to all areas (like guild chat), or zone restricted (most BST is done on the main ship anyway) - and you can choose whether or not to subscribe to the channel at any given time, with either a simple menu toggle and/or a chat command like /mt for marketplace toggle or something like that.

BST chat would no longer be allowed on the main chat channel.

This seems to be mostly consistent with other games in the genre.

Thoughts?

Slant
10-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Yes /m for marketplace global chat is a good idea with a toggle to turn it on, but this would significantly reduce the amount of effort to get what you need, but the idea for placing orders seems to be a more painless way to handle this as the chat is bound to be spammy

Kakatoa91
10-18-2011, 07:39 AM
Atm, ive put on 'ignore' people who keep spamming for selling stuff or guild recruitment.

No spam flood on my screen. Easy :D

Creatin an other chat specific would not stop spammer... theyll flood spam the market chat...

Sts just have to put a maximum of possible same sentence in chat.. like 3 times max the same phrase, after that auto mute.
That would cool down any spammer in any kind of chat.

Diaxos
10-18-2011, 07:46 AM
Atm, ive put on 'ignore' people who keep spamming for selling stuff or guild recruitment.

No spam flood on my screen. Easy :D

Creatin an other chat specific would not stop spammer... theyll flood spam the market chat...

Sts just have to put a maximum of possible same sentence in chat.. like 3 times max the same phrase, after that auto mute.
That would cool down any spammer in any kind of chat.

This sounds like a good idea.

Slant
10-18-2011, 08:11 AM
Ooh I thought ignore was only for the dm thing, didnt know it worked in townes as well haha thats a nifty little trick!

bronislav84
10-18-2011, 10:14 AM
What if these spammers are just good natured, but too broke to use the AH? If you ask a spammer to stop, most do. Proves they're not out to make people hate them. They don't deserve to be put on ignore. Use the ignore wisely is all I'm saying.

Anyway I support the OP, but it needs a toggle on/off, and should be off by default.

Cyberius
10-19-2011, 08:58 AM
+1 for Trade Chat! This could be easily implemented. Make a tab system like Order & Chaos Online. Then we'd have General, Guild, Trade and maybe a PM tab. Have a toggle system for each channel and Voila! We then would have an organized chat system. IMO :D