PDA

View Full Version : iOS 5 Causes Lag

Chiuey
10-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Ever since I updated to iOS 5, Pocket Legends on my device lags. This may not apply to all Apple devices.

First, it lags when anyone who joins the party. The more people coming at the same time, the more lag and longer there will be.

Second, when ever there is 20% batter life left, it will start to lag for a few seconds. Then when I charge my device while in Pocket Legends, it will lag horribly for about one minute! I can barely move at all. This goes the same when unplugging my device from charger.

Does anyone else using iPod/iPhone having this issue also?

PL Playa
10-17-2011, 07:51 PM
I know I do :(

Xazic
10-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Bwahahahahahha I was smart and didn't update my iOS system cause there is always something sucky in the new stuff... ALWAYS.

Chiuey
10-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Ah, I see.

Well, heads up for those that hasn't update yet - DO NOT UPDATE TO iOS 5!

JaytB
10-17-2011, 10:26 PM
I updated both my iPad and iPhone (4) to iOS 5. I experienced non of the issues talked about on the forums. Lag is exactly as it was before, not better not worse. I didn't loose any data, pictures, contacts... And the update went smooth on both devices. I even jailbroke my iPad/iPhone to have all the cool system tweaks I had on iOS 4.x

So yeah, it works for some of us too, just wanted to throw that out there :)

roguedubb
10-18-2011, 02:21 AM
SL has been fine for me on an iPad1 since moving to iOS5, meanwhile Safari struggles to stay open long enough to post.

cmangalos
10-18-2011, 04:49 AM
no problem here as well, playing pocket legends on IOS5 flawless

Fairy
10-18-2011, 05:07 AM
I know what you are talking about, Chiuey! It is stuck at one position (f.ex. when a player jumps in) and then the game continue. Even if I write a message, it lags for a few seconds. It was not like this before I've downloaded ios 5. :(

Shadowie
10-18-2011, 05:26 AM
I would say it not ios5 issue. I am using the latest version, be it on ipad1. I have no lag issue untill today as of halloween update. I believe it the amount of increase in players as it affect some of us under the slower network to lag. This is my findings amyway. Hope it reslove soon.

Actona679
10-28-2011, 07:01 PM
I know what you are talking about, Chiuey! It is stuck at one position (f.ex. when a player jumps in) and then the game continue. Even if I write a message, it lags for a few seconds. It was not like this before I've downloaded ios 5. :(

I am experiencing exactly these same issues and I have not updated my iPad (1) OS yet. I have the same problems with the very slight lag when a new player joins a PVE map. Also, I now have a delay when typing a message.

The reason I actually was searching for similar problems here on the forum was because in the past two days I have been having extreme problems with lag and ping spikes. I have had months of great play. This was a sudden performance change after Wednesday's update (or was it Tuesday?).

Lagging was so bad after today's update that I actually uninstalled the game and reinstalled - which seemed to help...a little. It is now lagging only as much as it did on Wednesday. At least I'm not getting disconnected like earlier today.

The developers state that very little was updated in the latest updates so I wonder what the heck I can look at to improve iPad performance? I've rebooted and renewed the lease to my wifi network. I guess I will next completely disconnect the network and reconnect.

One things for sure...I am not updating to iOS 5 yet. It may not be a problem but I've got too many problems right now to risk even laggier performance.