PDA

View Full Version : SUGGESTION: Skill Menu Auto Switch

Spu
10-17-2011, 06:27 PM
sooo ive been playing for awhile and i came across some new skills for engineers like pain (im only lvl 22 atm).

ive only put points into 4 significant skills at the moment, using the Disciplinary Guild (woot) and the engineer threads as my guide haha.

my set up is as follows:
1. Pain (1 point)
2. Transference (6 points)
3. Suppression (4 points)
4. Empathy (6 points)
(i have like 4 points in reserve for that aoe skill, i forgot what its called, sonic boom i think? well my friend suggests 1 point to it, and the rest to protection)

anyways, while i was playing at dead man's cave, i realized that i didnt really use suppression much, so i moved it to my second skill menu, but at slot 1. so now, my "main" skill menu reads:
1. Pain
2. Transference
4. Empathy
and my second menu reads
1. Suppression (i have it near the switching arrow button for quick use, just in case i get overrun or something)
i like to keep that skill, cuz it saved my butt a few times. i keep it for good luck, ya know :p

but i came across a problem.

in the heat of battle, when i need the skill the most, i switch to my second menu, execute the skill, but sometimes i miss the arrow and start to wonder why im not casting empathy. sure theres plenty of time for me to take my time, find the skill, and tap it, but not when im against more than 5 people (suppression has a 5 stun limit at lvl 4).

i switched it back to number 3 on my "main" skill menu, so i dont come across that problem again.

but heres where the actual suggestion comes in (lol sorry):

WHAT IF....we had an auto switch option?
what if somehow, we can "tag" the number on a skill menu, and when that number is tapped, it switches skill menus?

like, for example:
heres my current set up:
>> (thats the switching arrow thingy)
1. Pain
2. Transference
4. Empathy
<<
1. Suppression*
the asterisk would represent the "tag." when number one on the second skill menu is tapped, it automatically switches skill menus, saving time, confusion, and yo life.

wouldnt that be awesome?
and like, im not just speaking for myself, but the other classes too, bc i know that they have more than 4 skills they want to use, especially the commandos; all aoe skills on one skill menu, self buffs on the other. if youre like me, i would tag like the 4th number on the second skill menu, bc i like to hit skills in order. going down. cuz im weird. and when the 4th skill is tapped, boom! auto switch, offensive aoe skillz ready to fireee.

you like? i like ^^ its a good idea, least id like to think its a good idea. my self esteem is measured in how many comments this thread recieves, like likes on a facebook post.

sike jk.

sorry for any typos :p
thanks for taking the time to read this! ^^

Kahlua
10-17-2011, 07:14 PM
simply put; it won't work because not every situation is the same. One time you could be running effortlessly without taking any damage compared to a different run where you're using skills out of order based on what appears first or if you need something knocked down or out...it's a situational thing, and auto switching would become very annoying after a while.

My suggestion to you? Don't miss the arrow :)

Spu
10-17-2011, 07:42 PM
i dont miss it anymore, sometimes tehe,

but i want it to be like a optional thing, so you dont havee to tag a skill know what i meann

bronislav84
10-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Or they could make it like PL with all skills visible. Seriously, you can potentially die from missing that button.

For now until STS decides to change their minds, it helps to decide what 8 skills you want. I tend to separate mine into skills used in combat and out of combat. That works fine until somebody dies and screams for res. What, am I supposed to stop healing the others and let THEM die, just to res YOU? No, you better wait patiently until it's safe.

I dunno what the other classes do, but it works for my Eng for now.

Spu
10-17-2011, 08:09 PM
pl shows all the skills? i didnt know that

Cyberius
10-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Yeah, PL's system is way better. You get all your skills all on one neat section off to the right. No ridiculous page system. I have no idea why STS chose this new system over the perfectly fine PL system... :(

Spu
10-17-2011, 10:33 PM
:l

well, we got guns :p

Cyberius
10-17-2011, 10:53 PM
:l

well, we got guns :p

Yes Spu. Indeed we do have guns! Thanks for the red herring! :P LOL

Dracula
10-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Yeah, PL's system is way better. You get all your skills all on one neat section off to the right. No ridiculous page system. I have no idea why STS chose this new system over the perfectly fine PL system... :(

Concur. PL's system is much better.