PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends EXP Feedback!- Originaly For PL Thread, (Please Thank, If You Agree)

Gamelova
10-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Guess what? Oh yeah, I have a life. I have an education to attend to. I actually care about being succesful. It really, really, and I mean really irks me that the people, such as myself, who don't have acess to billions of money to spend on a video game. I have more important matters to attend to. This game is quite fun, but I'm a Star Legends player now. Sadly, I quit Pocket Legends. You release content way too early. I can't catch up with the level cap for all of my multiple characters. Three for Pocket Legends, and three for Star Legends. I just don't have time to max them out. I'm extremely behind in Pocket Legends, It's quite sad. Look... I'm going to say this again. People like myself, don't have time anymore. We've got more important matters to attend to, and frankly it's unfair for the people who don't have the time, money and relaxed schedules to sit-down (whatever) and play some game. I'm sorry for being so rude. It's the truth though. We need more time!!!! Same goes with Star Legends! Please consider this, strongly!

ALL WHO AGREE WITH ME, PLEASE CONTRIBUTE IN A THANK YOU! I'M SURE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO IS CONSTANTLY BUSY.

NOTE: This is not intended to be directed to anyone, it's just a note. I'm speaking the clear truth. On behalf of the Spacetime Studios Community. All who agree, should stand up and fight.

So release it as late as possible, for the sake of myself and others who agree with me.
Reminder: Not intended to break the STS Terms. I'm just standing up for myself, and partial STS Community.. I'm sure people agree with me.
Please show your thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do this for Star Legends also. Give us excessive time to make sure are characters get to the max. Allow plenty of time, make it easier to gain exp, or lower the exp requirment. One campaign a year. Or how about One campaign every two years, yeah I went that far. I'm just frustrated how people, like myself don't have time to max out characters, like others do with money (plat) and excessive gameplay time. I know for sure, I don't. I'm pretty sure lots of others don't either.

REMINDER: This isn't supposed to violate the STS Terms, but I'm just speaking the truth on behalf of the STS community. I'm not the only one.

bronislav84
10-17-2011, 07:07 PM
I support this thread, and definitely should be for both games.

Cascade
10-17-2011, 07:10 PM
I also agree partially. The xp you need to get to the next lvl is absolutly tremendous it makes Pocket Legends boring.

Kahlua
10-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Can't please everyone, honestly :\ people complain that they maxed out and there's nothing to do till new content comes out, and then you have this where people complain about the polar opposite.

Gamelova
10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Can't please everyone, honestly :\ people complain that they maxed out and there's nothing to do till new content comes out, and then you have this where people complain about the polar opposite.

If you can't post anything nice, then don't post anything at all.

Fac3bon3s
10-17-2011, 07:59 PM

There are two simple yet elegant solutions.

One I will steal from "Blizz". Rest experience. For the time you are away you build up a multiplier. So when you do come back. You gain more experience per kill than normal for a particular amount of time.

Second idea is rather simple also. More quests. More daily quests. Giving the people who level cap quickly something to do.

I have not played PL in a while. But when I quit there was a mission to kill 100 bosses to get rare pink items for set. They could do something like this also.

Rodvik
10-17-2011, 08:23 PM
I've been maxed out for a while now, I work a 12 hour a day job, and find time to play. Granted I've been wanting new content for a while but I'm patient. It really wasn't that much time to max out a character. Perhaps you should focus on 1 character in PL and 1 character in SL at a time as opposed to 6? Granted you might like to play all the classes but I suppose this is just one of the choices you have to make when playing a game like this even with limited time. I know in World of Warcraft it was a pain to level multiple characters or should I say boring. Though facebones does have some good ideas.

As for this comment:

I don't think Kahlua was trying to be disrespectful. It is the truth. This is just how the flow of MMO gaming works. Maxed out people always want new content and lower level people want to get maxed out to try the new content. Eventually there will come an end to new content and you will eventually get to catch up with multiple characters.

I stuck with one character because I'm in the same boat as you are though. I'm slowly working on my second toon. I also try and occupy my time doing other things to interact with the community like help people out with level and learning the basics..=)

ghost.mw
10-17-2011, 08:58 PM
I think if you have one character ypu would've been in a better shape.

Kahlua
10-18-2011, 09:46 AM
If you can't post anything nice, then don't post anything at all.
If you can't take criticism, don't make threads.

I don't think Kahlua was trying to be disrespectful. It is the truth.

StompArtist
10-18-2011, 10:02 AM
In my point of view the game should attempt to cater to both ends of the spectrum. The folks who play long hours and the more casual players.

The problem with delaying a release so casual players have time to "catch up" and achieve the same results as folks putting in enormous amount of hours in the game is that it makes the "elite" levels or rewards casual. Basically it turns the 1st place ribbon into an 8th place ribbon for everybody. Sorry but if you are a casual player (whatever the reason may be: work, school, etc) you are NOT an hardcore player and shouldn't reap the same rewards. For example, in PL, the crown of persistence was available for so long that anyone who wanted it had ample time to get it therefore I am sorry but it is not an Elite reward: it is a simple quest item.

Please note that I am a casual player and that I accept that I may not have certain rewards because my time investments in STS games are just not enough.

Gluttony
10-18-2011, 10:12 AM
The only solution I see is to remove the elite cap completely, the addition of that extra 0 at the end of the xp total is where all of these hate is stemming from. Sure some players like it, but if you don't make it then there is this constant reminder over your head every time you see someone who had the time, money or energy to cash in. It's just basic math, if you expect 10x more from us we expect that much more time to get there; one week becomes 10 weeks, a month turns into 10... we need time and shouldn't be expected to cut it our journey 25% simply because the option is there.

StompArtist
10-18-2011, 10:14 AM
The only solution I see is to remove the elite cap completely.

That's my feeling exactly but would probably be very unpopular.

bronislav84
10-18-2011, 10:20 AM
I have the same feeling Stomp. Probably wouldn't be THAT unpopular.

Glut is right though. If they have elite cap that is 10x more, then we should expect 10x more time to get there or don't have it. The PL vanity bonus I hear is pretty crazy in PVP to the point of being imbalanced in some cases.

StompArtist
10-18-2011, 10:31 AM
I have the same feeling Stomp. Probably wouldn't be THAT unpopular.

Glut is right though. If they have elite cap that is 10x more, then we should expect 10x more time to get there or don't have it. The PL vanity bonus I hear is pretty crazy in PVP to the point of being imbalanced in some cases.

Agree entirely.

Fac3bon3s
10-18-2011, 07:02 PM
My ideas have been ignored in this argument over whether or not Kahlua is troll.

There are two simple yet elegant solutions.

One I will steal from "Blizz". Rest experience. For the time you are away you build up a multiplier. So when you do come back. You gain more experience per kill than normal for a particular amount of time.

Second idea is rather simple also. More quests. More daily quests. Giving the people who level cap quickly something to do.

I have not played PL in a while. But when I quit there was a mission to kill 100 bosses to get rare pink items for set. They could do something like this also.

jrdevildog
10-18-2011, 07:14 PM
I agree wth the post aboit casual players and hardcore players. If u play this game alot and pit time into it (no matter how lame that is) then u should get better items then the casual players. If u have.a busy life then its rrally too bad no offense. This game is really intended for kids with no job even if it is extremely fun for adults too. So i say deal woth the level caps and wait fir new events or lvl caps. Or do what i did and start a guold to pass the time. Helping your guild members level up is a good way to pass the time

Zeus
10-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Those who complain are the ones who simply aren't looking hard enough for a solution.

I think this quote would apply to this situation. I have a very busy life as well, but I still manage to find time.

Onaraasider
10-18-2011, 08:06 PM
1 campaign a year?!?! 2 campaigns a year?!?! Do u know how boring this gme would be if they dis that pl has only been around for like maybe two years so if they took ur advice we would only have two campaigns and star legends would onl have one. I was with u until u said 1 campaign or 2 campaigns a year.

Fac3bon3s
10-18-2011, 08:52 PM
He has a point to a degree. But like any game. The more time you put in, the more you will get out of it. It's no different than achievement farming on Xbox or in WoW. You need to play a lot to get some of them. You can get all the game content that people using plat get. At least for now you do. The only thing that costs plat in SL right now are special gear sets, vanities and enhancers. In PL there are various campaigns that cost plat to access. Just be happy that hasn't made it's way into SL yet. I don't know about removing the hardcore level though. For people who only role one character. For the time being it gives them something to do. For me personally I roll one of each class. I like to see what each has to offer. And to do so all I needed to do was download some free apps for free plat.

jrdevildog
10-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Hey gacebones whos your banner creator

Fac3bon3s
10-19-2011, 07:11 AM
Hey facebones whos your banner creator
A guild mate. Not to be off topic you should ask things like this via PM.

Fatpigwarrior
10-19-2011, 07:13 AM
Hey!!! I have a life too, Pocket legends and star legends (not so much) just happen to be my life -.-

CanonicalKoi
10-19-2011, 10:59 AM
**Please note: this is not a slam, a dig, a troll or anything else; it's an honest question.** Let's say STS takes this to heart. Let's say they delay to give people a chance to "catch up" (I'll explain about the quotes in a sec). What about the people who join *today*? They're waaaay "behind" everyone else, yes? So we delay the release of new content for them. But people will join tomorrow (hopefully, from STS' standpoint) and the day after that and the day after...you get the point. Who's the target audience you're delaying for? People at level 15 in SL and 30, say, in PL? People at level 20 and 50? People at level 1?

I put "catch up" and "behind" in quotes because what are you catching up to? Who are you behind of? (Yeah, dangling participles, I know.) The level progression is a continuum and there will always be people "ahead" of and "behind" others. Yes, I'll agree that the vanities given for reaching a difficult cap are nice. Do I think they should give bonuses? No, I don't. Or, if they need to have a bonus to make them more special, disallow their use in PvP.

As for "having a life", I'm pretty sure everyone playing has one, although there's nothing in the TOS disallowing the undead from playing. (While it would give a vampire something to do to while away the hours of daylight, their connectivity would likely be horrid six feet under.) ;) People will find time to do what they like to do and spend their available entertainment dollars on things that entertain them. For some of them, it's grinding away to reach a level cap and eating ramen so they can pay for the plat bill. For others, it's a case of pick the game up when it's convenient, play a bit and then walk away to do something else. Both viewpoints are perfectly valid, but you really can't expect so-called "hardcore" results or rewards from casual play. Nor will a "hardcore" grind-aholic experience the game the same way a casual player will. Nor will you see a casual player on the forum 3 days after an update complaining about how bored they are. :)

Again, this isn't a slam--your viewpoint is a valid one, we just have a difference of opinion. :) And Kahlua was right--you're not going to make everyone happy. It's not possible. The seriously "hardcore" are wanting new content 3 days or less after a new release (at least they are after they finally get some sleep) and others will always be saying, "Slow it down, for pity's sake". And some of us will be saying, "Pfft. I'll get there when I get there."

Cahaun
10-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Couldn't have said it any better, Canon! :)

StompArtist
10-19-2011, 12:00 PM
**Please note: this is not a slam, a dig, a troll or anything else; it's an honest question.** Let's say STS takes this to heart. Let's say they delay to give people a chance to "catch up" (I'll explain about the quotes in a sec). What about the people who join *today*? They're waaaay "behind" everyone else, yes? So we delay the release of new content for them. But people will join tomorrow (hopefully, from STS' standpoint) and the day after that and the day after...you get the point. Who's the target audience you're delaying for? People at level 15 in SL and 30, say, in PL? People at level 20 and 50? People at level 1?

I put "catch up" and "behind" in quotes because what are you catching up to? Who are you behind of? (Yeah, dangling participles, I know.) The level progression is a continuum and there will always be people "ahead" of and "behind" others. Yes, I'll agree that the vanities given for reaching a difficult cap are nice. Do I think they should give bonuses? No, I don't. Or, if they need to have a bonus to make them more special, disallow their use in PvP.

As for "having a life", I'm pretty sure everyone playing has one, although there's nothing in the TOS disallowing the undead from playing. (While it would give a vampire something to do to while away the hours of daylight, their connectivity would likely be horrid six feet under.) ;) People will find time to do what they like to do and spend their available entertainment dollars on things that entertain them. For some of them, it's grinding away to reach a level cap and eating ramen so they can pay for the plat bill. For others, it's a case of pick the game up when it's convenient, play a bit and then walk away to do something else. Both viewpoints are perfectly valid, but you really can't expect so-called "hardcore" results or rewards from casual play. Nor will a "hardcore" grind-aholic experience the game the same way a casual player will. Nor will you see a casual player on the forum 3 days after an update complaining about how bored they are. :)

Again, this isn't a slam--your viewpoint is a valid one, we just have a difference of opinion. :) And Kahlua was right--you're not going to make everyone happy. It's not possible. The seriously "hardcore" are wanting new content 3 days or less after a new release (at least they are after they finally get some sleep) and others will always be saying, "Slow it down, for pity's sake". And some of us will be saying, "Pfft. I'll get there when I get there."

Great post remind me to come back and thank fairy it when my button comes back. Couldn't agree more.

BodMaster
10-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Well said Canon :)

Great post remind me to come back and thank fairy it when my button comes back. Couldn't agree more.

198 :O

EDIT! OMG!!!!!! We were visted by The Thanks Fairy! Can you believe it! :O *speachless*

Fac3bon3s
10-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Again not to be off topic. But there are new additions to the thank button. You can comment on why it was "thank" worthy or not. Very cool.

jrdevildog
10-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Facebones, just because it was someone in your guild who made it doesnt mean you have to be secretive. It was my understanding that neon genisis had no enemy guilds. Just saying.

WhoIsThis
10-20-2011, 06:46 AM
If you can't take criticism, don't make threads.

+1

STS needs to make sure that the hardcore players are also taken care of. Remember, casual players in terms of platinum expenditures per player aren't as high as the hardcore. It can't cater 100% to your needs.

I firmly agree that the release of new levels should not be delayed unless even the hardcore players disagree.

And this is coming from a university student. Not everything in life will cater to your needs. Kahlua is right and he was not trolling, merely stating a fact.

Killerade
10-21-2011, 02:04 AM
I think the best way is to just manage your time well. I go to college at night and full time job as a metal worker. What I do is put star legends in between them, before and after. I mean I will admit that I'm not where I wanna be in sl lvl 30 op lvl 19 engineer and lvl 26 commando but I'm satisfied where I am considering I'm juggling all of this. I sometimes play sl while I take my work breaks or...in the toilet( no joke) and before I sleep and if I have an extra hour before waking up. I'm sure there are others like me out there. What I will suggest is make a schedule that can satisfy all your needs and have a goal. Before you know you'll be up there too and living your life, it's not gonna be easy but hey. If life is easy then it's not worth living. It's given that the hardcore people will have better gears and items first but hey that's y they are aphard core. This is just my 2 cents and it kinda works for me. This can also help yur time management skills which is needed in life.

(I will admit if I have a kid and a wife sl needs to make lots of room or totally bye bye)

Magecreater
10-21-2011, 02:16 AM
[QUOTE=Gamelova;451572
If you can't post anything nice, then don't post anything at all.[/QUOTE]

He wasn't being mean...

Skeletonlord
10-21-2011, 02:29 AM
I personally think that the xp in pocket legends gives more than star legends. This really is annoying because it takes ages to lvl on star Legends. Also the free elixir on pocket legends gives about 300xp, however the free elixir on star legends gives about 100xp

Kahlua
10-21-2011, 07:16 AM
I personally think that the xp in pocket legends gives more than star legends. This really is annoying because it takes ages to lvl on star Legends. Also the free elixir on pocket legends gives about 300xp, however the free elixir on star legends gives about 100xp
This is all dependent on threat level, enemy density, and efficiency.

Threat level being the color orb next to the enemy's head (red being hardest enemy and more xp, and blue or green being the lowest xp...I don't know which is lower).
Enemy density being how many enemies there are on the map and how big/small the map is.
Efficiency being how fast you move, how fast you kill, and if you stop to type/open chest/open side doors.

^^It's amazing what you can learn from reading guides and info on the forums^^ (pertaining to threat level)