PDA

View Full Version : Please Give Us Boot Power :o

Epic Unicorns!
10-17-2011, 10:30 PM
I make games for levels 1-20 to join to farm pinks. Then a troll level 60 comes and yells, "u cant tel me wat 2 do noob" and ruins the drops. We need a way to lock games so we ensure we do not get our game ruined. Be wary, because there is a lv 30-40 (trying to be vauge) mage that comes go all our games. They want you to beg and plead for them to leave. Then they want all of our low level pinks?! I just lol and leave. I wish more people would leave when asked nicely though...

Skeletonlord
10-18-2011, 01:13 AM
Do you set a password for your games? If so you could only tell people the password you want to

Lowlyspy
10-18-2011, 01:22 AM
Cant pw protect halloween map, not hostable.

I have also had problems with these kinds of people, i had a 56 pally (no im not saying a name, not that i can remember it) join saying he wanted to farm low level pinks. When me and the other twinks explained numerous times that low levels would not drop he then wanted us to trade our low level pinks for his high level counterparts, when we refused he refused to leave. In the end we just ignored him, made a new map, and went about our merry way.

These kinds of people are unnavoidable especially in maps that cannot be made private, u just gotta deal with it sadly :/

Gaddy
10-18-2011, 04:58 AM
Change your max lvl on the find game screen. Problem solved.

Treenire
10-18-2011, 10:36 AM
See, im a lvl 60 and leave whenever i talk to the skeleton it takens me to the halloween lvl(all fine) until i realise its filling up with lower lvls who start spouting insults and foul language about me being there?????? I leave and try again and get the same issue with new lower lvls. So it works both ways ( op's complaint). And since ive had to start paying 1000gold to get to the halloween lvls its getting abit annoying....

StompArtist
10-18-2011, 10:39 AM
To be fair I have seen lower levels join after the high level was in the map and ask the high level to leave. I guess there are rude people at all levels...

Gladeye
10-18-2011, 11:10 AM
I HATE booting. It's either mean-spirited or it feels mean-spirited. There are better ways to control your dungeon than booting. Other mmorpgs work just fine without booting functions. Aside from passwords, maybe people could create level-range specific dungeons or players could request to join before being allowed in. A refusal to join stings a lot less than getting booted with explanations like "sry", "no" or the classic "S" (or any other single letter).

Epic Unicorns!
10-18-2011, 11:24 AM
To be fair I have seen lower levels join after the high level was in the map and ask the high level to leave. I guess there are rude people at all levels...

I have seen this before. If I end a game like that I just suck it up and run with them. However, if I start a game and wait 5 minutes for someone to join, then three lv 60s join then yell "go away noob!" it can be frustrating. I do not insult people though, and most people leave when asked nicely.

xXDamonDXx
10-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Think about it this way if theres a boot power people can farm easily there will be tons of lvl 20 items or what ever other level and value will be basicly nothing.
How it is at the moment keeps numbers down a prices slightly up.

And its fun trying to find a game lol, it like a mini game in PL.

Annoying if your a collector though.