PDA

View Full Version : Please lock your game if you will farm Plasma Pyramid

Neurion
07-02-2010, 09:45 PM
We do it too, but please think of the poor players who would join the map after we leave. They would fight for 30ish minutes only to not find any boss around.

So again, please put a password on your Plasma Pyramid farming runs.

That is all :)

Kingofthebear
07-02-2010, 09:55 PM
They would fight for 30ish minutes only to not find any boss around.

I'm impressed that you can go through a PP run without killing any mobs.

Neurion
07-03-2010, 12:36 AM
Yeah after hearing of the method the other day I am now convinced that humans will find a way to do anything. Although you'd die a lot, it's not really that hard if you find the right people with the right Ping.

Violentsaint
07-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Yeah after hearing of the method the other day I am now convinced that humans will find a way to do anything. Although you'd die a lot, it's not really that hard if you find the right people with the right Ping.

so what eventually all the mobs stop chasing you when u get to the bosses? or do u have to kill all off the mobs that have chased you once you get to the bosses?

how many mobs stop chasing you and how many do you have to deal with at the end? 10? 20? mobs?

Kingofthebear
07-03-2010, 01:24 AM

Yeah I tried this today and couldn't get it to work at all. I was in a couple of different games and each time it just turned into a conga line of fail.

Neurion
07-03-2010, 02:54 AM
so what eventually all the mobs stop chasing you when u get to the bosses? or do u have to kill all off the mobs that have chased you once you get to the bosses?
how many mobs stop chasing you and how many do you have to deal with at the end? 10? 20? mobs?

About 70% of all mobs you pull will stop chasing you just before you reach the first boss. You have to try it out for yourself.

Yeah I tried this today and couldn't get it to work at all. I was in a couple of different games and each time it just turned into a conga line of fail.

This doesn't work for just any set of players. 3 mages are a must. Birds (any build) and Bowbears will die a lot. Last night we tried this with my friends we had no problem (if you don't mind dying a lot). Just now I tried forming teams with several people and we only pulled it off thrice in about 8~ runs. So yeah I guess it is difficult depending on who you're playing with.

KingFu
07-03-2010, 03:01 AM
Bow bears don't die, if that have the right build. This strategy is easy, 2 mages are enough, 2 tankers, and the fifth is best as a pure dex bird, then they have high DPS to take does the bosses. Paladins are said to be the best in it ( :) ) The strategy is called a couple names, I call it storming, but some others call it, train-ing, running, speed farming, I have even heard it be call blitzing, only once though. You don't die a lot if you practice, at first, I would die 2 or 3 times a run, now I can do it with 0 kills from time to time.

P.S. Bahaha, that sounds hilarious (people joining and finishing boss-less), but most people make their own games, not join another persons that left it there.

Kingofthebear
07-03-2010, 03:04 AM
Were your bears doing any skills? I originally thought I would use hell scream and stomp to stun guys and run past them...that ended up being a bad idea.

Is the idea to just use evade, and not aggro anyone?

bmc85uk
07-03-2010, 03:15 AM
Evade armour boost and everyone debuff, then chain heal

Neurion
07-03-2010, 05:03 AM
P.S. Bahaha, that sounds hilarious (people joining and finishing boss-less), but most people make their own games, not join another persons that left it there.

Most casual gamers just join from the game selection screen, not create a new one. They probably won't care if the boss isn't around, but they certainly do not deserve to NOT get pinks. A while ago I joined a group i didn't know, they were already halfway through the map. When I got to them they were already at the second boss area, they were like "where are the bosses?" and I told them that it was probably a leftover farmed map. They didn't whine but I'm sure they were not happy about that. So I thought about making this thread. It wouldn't hurt us if we just lock our games anyway.

As for the strategy, yes 2 mages are fine. But in worst-case scenarios that they're not near each other, and one died, your run's success now sits in the hand of the last mage. Also, It is possible to not die (like I said I was playing with good players last night and each run we have only about 1 or 2 deaths) but you will really get to know who in your party knows what they are doing. Or if you can even pull it of with certain members.

@Kingofthebear: For bears, I think the only skill to avoid using is Beckon (it tends to concentrate melees to a certain spot). As a tank, you should gather threat as much as you can. Your healers are spamming Heal, which provokes enemies. You would want to reduce their risks as much as you can. But even when I played as a paladin, I didn't have problems casting AoE skills.

Violentsaint
07-03-2010, 07:46 AM
just curious, does using speed potions help in this method, cos if u got a good team of lvl 45's and their all using speed and armor potions, i cant see this being that difficalt to pull off.

then again ive only tried this once. and we had a massive pile of mobs on our back when we got the the bosses, and had to deal with like at least 30 mobs plus the boss... and yer... lets just say that didnt work out well.....

Royce
07-03-2010, 08:01 AM
This is a great example of why a boss-brawl style farming map is needed. I've said it many times, people will always find a way to farm, except now it causes problems (like long maps for people to run with no bosses at the end), and it advanages certain classes and people with better devices. Certain classes get slammed doing this, and have liitle chance of reaching the bosses, and people whose devices lag will be frozen in time when the cho cho reaches a critical mass. I like that pinks are rare and farming requires you to run through the whole level, but this is not equal opportunity farming. We need a shorter, harder, more boss-heavy minidungeon.

Neurion
07-03-2010, 10:13 AM
This is a great example of why a boss-brawl style farming map is needed.

I agree. I know people have been doing this kind of farming back before Swamp's Boss Brawl expansion was added, but Plasma Pyramid was designed specifically to prevent this. So now this method feels like an exploit.

tjornan
07-03-2010, 12:02 PM
This method is pullofable (yes i made that up) but the prob is lag.my home does not hve a good internet access, and i lag too much for this to work. Not too mention if ur mages die, ur screwed. If ur tanks die, ur screwed.

KingFu
07-03-2010, 12:20 PM
mages die, ur screwed. If ur tanks die, ur screwed

That's why the best group IMO is 2 mages, 2 tankers, and an archer. 2 mages for healing, buffs, and reviving. 2 tankers to take down the bosses and survive through the mobs, and an archer, for high DPS to make it easier to take down a boss. You atleast need 2 mages, no matter how good the mage is. My friends and I went outwith 3 tankers and an archer, we got there Ryloxx and he killed me with the help of his mob, no one could revive me. I basically had to lay there, watching everyone die only to restart the rushing... At least 2 mages, trust me, lol...

Nouda
07-03-2010, 04:25 PM
i was with king of the bear a couple of times and im a pally and with 5 ppl and me spam healing we could not make it

jonboy
07-03-2010, 05:33 PM
but Plasma Pyramid was designed specifically to prevent this. So now this method feels like an exploit.

If that's the case then it is an exploit, which is sad, but there will always be people that will exploit vulnerabilities for their own advantage, however as another company that has a 5 year old, hugely unpopular MMO played on desktops and laptops 5 years ago" realised, they would never defeat it, an implemented a way for groups that had run a dungeon to death to use legitimate shortcuts (eg backdoors, alternate entrances with keys, etc) to speed up their progression and gear, without have to run the whole dungeon.

This is what is needed here perhaps ?

Neurion
07-03-2010, 07:19 PM
i was with king of the bear a couple of times and im a pally and with 5 ppl and me spam healing we could not make it
It's not that simple. Is every mage spamming heal/debuffs? Is everyone not lagging(ping-wise)? Does your mages come back for you if you got left out? A lot of factors come into play.

@jonboy: In a way, that's what the current Swamp Boss Brawl is.

Kingofthebear
07-03-2010, 09:45 PM
I almost got there with DawnInfinity. I feel like there's going to be a careful balance between being too close (which lowers ping and makes the mob huge) and being too far apart (where mobs can target individual people and slow them down).

I'm happy with just popping damage pots and plowing through the mobs.

v5point0
07-04-2010, 02:27 AM
Entered NaughtyTeddy's game earlier with no NaughtyTeddy in it or anyone else in it but mobs were around. Had my doubts but people joined in and so we played all the way till the first boss an my doubts were confirmed.

Conclusion - If the Original Game Creator is not in it - Don't bother.

Well at least I gained some exp for my Bird

Tyrlar
07-05-2010, 06:25 AM
I was just in a group trying this, not my choice, and my iphone 3GS just completely locked up because of all the mobs and spells and whatnot on the display at once. Don't know if it was lag or video card capacity. I eventually had to force a power off of the device.

I hate when I join a group that is doing this, but you don't have much choice but to leave or go along.

What I have seen work a bit better than this is to go about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way through and just nuke everything that is still with you until they are all dead, then repeat until you get to the bosses.