PDA

View Full Version : Depression.

Necrobane
10-18-2011, 01:04 AM
How do you deal with it?

Ellyidol
10-18-2011, 01:05 AM
Friends, family, and doing what I truly love to do and not what others want/perceive me doing - gaming.

Oh, and SWEETS! :D

Everything alright?

Necrobane
10-18-2011, 01:34 AM
No, things aren't. Family aren't a go to either. Gaming will only put me in a worse situation. Friends only make me feel more isolated.

Ellyidol
10-18-2011, 01:48 AM
Message me if you want to talk about it. Cheer up bud :)

Necrobane
10-18-2011, 01:51 AM
I'm sure your not intending it to be so, but your tone feels patronizing. Which seems strange, as I find it easiest to express my feelings though text.

Ellyidol
10-18-2011, 02:08 AM
I'm sure your not intending it to be so, but your tone feels patronizing. Which seems strange, as I find it easiest to express my feelings though text.

Just meant that if you want to talk privately, about whatever it is that's bothering you, shoot me a message :)

And yes, I do feel that text makes it easier to express feelings. Minus sarcasm. :D

Sassinya
10-18-2011, 02:14 AM
Is this situational depression or something you deal or have dealt with all your life?

I am diagnosed severe chronic depression, and have had lots of therapy and take antidepressant Paxil. Works for me, still have dark sad days, on those days I stay busy and watch or listen to a lot of comedy, you know nonsensical type stuff that allows me to kind of escape. If you're younger than my 40+ years, I promise it does get easier, hang in there, there are people who care about you, talking via whatever method you prefer helps as well. Feel free to PM me as well.
Don't give up, just keep doing the next right thing and the next good thing will happen!

Sassinya
10-18-2011, 02:16 AM
Friends, family, and doing what I truly love to do and not what others want/perceive me doing - gaming.

Oh, and SWEETS! :D

Everything alright?

Believe it or not, chocolate really does produce a chemical reaction within your body that does make one feel better. Love the stuff!

Twinrova
10-18-2011, 02:17 AM
Gaming and Anime is my cure for depression. ;)

Josephjackson
10-18-2011, 02:19 AM
Very interesting post..

I was once severely depressed..
i feel what saved me was that i always told myself things will get better..
sucess will come from what you overcome as much as what you acheive.

Keep your head up.

And anyone is always free to contact me about anything.

Necrobane
10-18-2011, 02:21 AM
Is this situational depression or something you deal or have dealt with all your life?

I am diagnosed severe chronic depression, and have had lots of therapy and take antidepressant Paxil. Works for me, still have dark sad days, on those days I stay busy and watch or listen to a lot of comedy, you know nonsensical type stuff that allows me to kind of escape. If you're younger than my 40+ years, I promise it does get easier, hang in there, there are people who care about you, talking via whatever method you prefer helps as well. Feel free to PM me as well.
Don't give up, just keep doing the next right thing and the next good thing will happen! Things haven't changed, and it's been a few years, I'm starting to wonder that.

Zeus
10-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Things haven't changed, and it's been a few years, I'm starting to wonder that.

PM me if you want to talk bud. I have gone through some severe depression myself that ends up making some surprise appearances.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Hey Necrobane!

Listen, I have also been in a few years of depression (currently still am!) and I know many problems that one can have. If you feel the urge to talk, feel free to PM me because I've encountered many many different problems and I might be able to solve yours (yet no one can solve mine :() so PM me whenever you want to talk :).

Growwle
10-18-2011, 09:08 AM
How do you deal with it?

Keep yourself too busy / occupied to think about it, find a new hobby, job, friend.

brizo
10-18-2011, 07:34 PM
i was depressed for a bit lately, and i found that once i was with friends, keeping myself busy with homework, and trying out for soccer, i almost never have time to feel depressed anymore. altho, it does sometimes randomly come back, i.e. last nite, but i got myself busy with things again today and feel fine now. pm me in game or on facebook (king brizo) if u want to talk about it, or need help kay? im here for ya, just gotta trust people and tell them. i found a few people i could tell, and they help me heaps. good luck, hope u feel better mate :)

Phoenixking
10-18-2011, 07:39 PM
I was depressed for a week nothing to cure but my mom treid to make me feel better it worked :/ but i couldnt sleep i didnt want to eat i wanted to avoid poeple and be alone and resting i had dark nightmares when i was depressed had dreams of murder :/ now im ok :) hope you get better though

Tvis
10-18-2011, 07:45 PM
My advice is:

- Find what you're missing in life. A companion, a good time, etc. (Note: This isn't so easy, so I'm sorry if it comes out that way :) )
- Broaden your horizon. By this I mean find a new hobby, try something out of the ordinary, learn about something new!
- Be positive. There are so many great, beautiful things surrounding us! Lie down in the grass for an hour!

I hope at least one of these can help you in the destructive position at this time. Everything will work out fine :)

ghost.mw
10-18-2011, 07:57 PM
That's a good question, the only person who can help you with that is you,just get over it and do what ever you want because you are not going to live forever and we only have one life to live so try to enjoy it as much as you can. I hope this will help you :)

Cahaun
10-18-2011, 08:02 PM
"And even when your hope is gone! Move along, move along, just to make it through!"

You got to endure to the end! I've been through that stage of life plenty of times. Just give me enough time to find something else to quote. :p Anyways just do a hobby, be social, bask in encouragement, and do some family activities.

"Just look ahead of yourself not behind, or you will fall!" -Me

Cascade
10-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Go for a hike in the woods or mountain, time to think by yourself on a walk can be very helpful in diagnosing the problem.

jenniebeans
10-18-2011, 09:02 PM
All of the above are very good ideas. However, if you've been depressed for a long period of time you may need to be on a medication to help manage it. I've worked for a psychiatrist along with a number of other different types of doctors. I know that once you are on the medication you need to take it daily for at least 4-6 weeks in order for it to take effect and then continue to take it daily after that. It might also help if you could talk to a professional counselor. Of course, hopefully, this would be in your budget. I am very knowledgeable with insurance companies and doctors offices, if you need help finding a doctor close to you or need help figuring out your insurance please pm me and I will do my best to help you. Good luck to you and I hope you get the help you need

{Hugs}

RedRyder
10-19-2011, 11:07 AM
You can message me anytime or we can exchange numbers if you'd like. I've gone through deppression plenty, so I know how to deal with it. Friends help to a point; they might eventually get fed up and walk up and leave. I lost then best friend that way. With her gone, another friend stepped up to the plate and helped immensely.

Friends can help you forget, but it'll only be a temporary loss. In the end, you have to find a new way to make yourself happy. My escape was getting into fashion, music, and posting my art on the Internet. My art I feel gives me purpose. When I receive praise for it, I feel like Im finally doing something right. All you need to do is find your medium, follow through with it, and persevere. If you have any goals and aspirations in life, take more steps to persue it. Keeping busy with a job, school, or hobbies will keep your mind occupied as well. Make yourself too busy to be sad.

If you can't motivate yourself or be happy with yourself, then no one else will be. Deppression is a tough battle, but it is a war within that the sufferer must conquer

Meemaw
06-24-2014, 08:05 AM
I myself was in the depression state, 2 months of just grey days. Here some tips.

* Don't close yourself in.
* Don't listen to sad music, but if its on, just ignore it. ( Sad music; E.g. Gary Jules - Mad world )
* DO NOT CANCEL YOURSELF OUT TO DRUGS!!!! Biggest mistake I made...\
* Don't become a alcoholic.
* Just think positive, don't be afraid of anything. If you look so downly upon yourself, you'll be more scared of life.

Hope this helps. :)

noland
10-20-2020, 08:13 AM
I dont have many tips but I want to say that one should deal with his stress and depression as earliest as he feel before it goes to higher level where it is difficult to handle it. There is very less trend of life coaching instead people prefer psychiatrists more. A psychiatrist deals with your depression and mental disease. However, a life coach helps you to deal with your life problems i.e mental, physical, emotional and social through every stage of your life with strong spirituality (https://www.thecoachtrainingacademy.com/master-spiritual-life-coach-program/). If you know that how can you live your life against hurdles and problems you can improve your life quality and leads to prosperity with strong spiritual mindset. Life coaching is the natural treatment of depression according to me.

francisbaud
10-20-2020, 08:56 AM
Depression is hard to get through and so many people are affected by this state of the mind.

Sometimes there are little things we can do to improve our mood:
- regularly take a walk outside, preferably in nature
- include short sessions of exercises in your daily routine (brisk walk, jogging, etc.)
- eat more fruits and vegetables while reducing the amount of sugar from other sources
- talk to your family, to your friends, talk talk talk

RushalotPL
11-23-2020, 06:38 PM
I try not to be angry. That is all.

ldaraya96
01-19-2021, 04:39 PM
Acknowledging the fact that you have depression is the first step , then you can take small steps to make changes in your life. Definitely family and friends play a big rol in this.

PocketLegendsAwesome21
02-21-2021, 11:41 AM
Playing video games and eating good food