PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Pocket Legends & Friends!

darkfussion
10-18-2011, 03:00 AM
With todays update I will no longer be playing any STS games nor will I be on the forums. I made up my mind and I wont be coming back!

For those of you who I never got to meet, I will give you a little bio about me. My main character is Darkfussion (mage) I started playing Pocket legends in December 2010 right before the Christmas event. I quickly reached level 50 but to be honest wasn't all that satisfied with the game. When I heard about the Christmas event and the previous Halloween event with all the exclusive items that came with, brought new light into the game for me. At that point the HOLIDAYKEEPER was born. I started collecting these exclusive items and 10 months later and countless hours of farming, flipping, and buying I have collected over 550+ ''exclusive discontinued items". I still found time to level my main and was the fourth person to 61. I have met a lot of awesome people along the way and I hate to say goodbye but STS has taken the one aspect of the game I loved and many many other players feel the same way. This update not only bankrupted me for over 50 million, it has made me realize the countless hours I spent trying to obtain these "discontinued items" for nothing.

Rant:
I would have never thought this game would lack such creativity and release old content. It's not about letting new players have a chance to get the same items, because they ARE Tradable and obtainable! I am a huge example of that with near 100 Halloween items from 2010. I don't understand how STS as a company could go through with this KNOWING it would effect a lot of there loyal players, I feel hacked and robbed by STS. The list goes on in on but it wont solve anything whats done has been done. Good luck to all my friends who continue to play! :)

A new idea for Holiday Events!
Keeping the same items would be fine IF for every year they corresponded with the year. For example:

Fiendish Haunted Doll
Fiendish Haunted Doll 2011
Fiendish Haunted Doll 2012
and so on

It would keep the collecting aspect of the game alive!

If this could still be done, please fix whats been done!

R.I.P :(
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n551/thepocketlegend/b6daa4d7.jpg

My Collection: December 20, 2010-October 16, 2011
Christmas 2010

Level 10's
Winter Festival Holiday Slash-----x6
Winter Festival Snowball Launcher-----x2
Winter Festival Tinsel Talon-----x2
Winter Festival Toy Man Wand-----x3
Winter Festival Festival Ornament-----x2
Winter Festival Gingerbread Defender-----x2
Winter Festival Peppermint Wing-----x3

Level 15's
Winter Festival Festival Ornament-----x1

Level 20's
[Winter Festival Holiday Slash-----x1
Winter Festival Gingerbread Defender-----x1
Winter Festival Peppermint Wing-----x1

level 25's
Winter Festival Holiday Slash-----x2
Winter Festival Tinsel Talon-----x1
Winter Festival Snowball Launcher-----x1
Winter Festival Festival Ornament-----x2

Level 30's
Winter Festival Holiday Slash-----x2
Winter Festival Tinsel Talon-----x2

Level 35's
Winter Festival Holiday Slash-----x1
Winter Festival Snowball Launcher-----x2
Winter Festival Tinsel Talon-----x4
Winter Festival Toy Man Wand-----x1
Winter Festival Festival Ornament-----x3
Winter Festival Gingerbread Defender-----x4
Winter Festival Peppermint Wing-----x2

Level 40's
Winter Festival Holiday Slash-----x1
Winter Festival Peppermint Wing-----x1

Level 45's
Winter Festival Snowball Launcher-----x1
Winter Festival Toy Man Wand-----x3
Winter Festival Gingerbread Defender-----x2

Level 50's
Winter Festival Holiday Slash-----x31
Winter Festival Snowball Launcher-----x17
Winter Festival Tinsel Talon-----x46
Winter Festival Toy Man Wand-----x21
Winter Festival Festival Ornament-----x50
Winter Festival Gingerbread Defender-----x47
Winter Festival Peppermint Wing-----x20

Level 10's
Festive Snowball Launcher-----x1
Festive Tinsel Talon-----x13
Jolly Holiday Slash-----x3
Merry Toy Man Wand-----x2
Jolly Gingerbread Defender-----x2
Merry Festival Ornament-----x1
Festive Peppermint Wing-----x7

Level 15's
Jolly Holiday Slash-----x2

Level 20's

Level 30's
Festive Tinsel Talon-----x1
Jolly Holiday Slash-----x1

Level 35's
Merry Toy Man Wand-----x2
Festive Peppermint Wing-----x1

Level 40's
Jolly Gingerbread Defender-----x1

Level 45's
Jolly Gingerbread Defender-----x1

Level 50's
Festive Snowball Launcher-----x8
Festive Tinsel Talon-----x5
Jolly Holiday Slash-----x7
Merry Toy Man Wand-----x8
Jolly Gingerbread Defender-----x6
Merry Festival Ornament-----x7
Festive Peppermint Wing-----x2

Level 10's
Frosty Snowball Launcher-----x2
Frosty Tinsel Talon-----x3
Polar Holiday Slash-----x1
Arctic Toy Man Wand-----x2
Polar Gingerbread Defender-----x4
Frosty Peppermint Wing-----x2

Level 15's
Frosty Snowball Launcher-----x2
Frosty Tinsel Talon-----x1
Polar Holiday Slash-----x1
Arctic Toy Man Wand-----x1
Polar Gingerbread Defender-----x1

Level 20's
Frosty Peppermint Wing-----x1

Level 25's
Frosty Tinsel Talon-----x1
Arctic Toy Man Wand-----x1
Arctic Festival Ornament-----x1

Level 30's
Arctic Festival Ornament-----x2

Level 40's
Frosty Peppermint Wing-----x1

Level 50's
Frosty Snowball Launcher-----x4
Frosty Tinsel Talon-----x6
Polar Holiday Slash-----x11
Arctic Toy Man Wand-----x2
Polar Gingerbread Defender-----x6
Arctic Festival Ornament-----x8
Frosty Peppermint Wing-----x7

Halloween 2010

Level 50's
Fiendish Witch's Broom-----x8
Gruesome pumpkin Chunker-----x8
Fiendish Haunted Doll-----x10
Ghoulish Black Cat Shield-----x9

Eerie Witch's Broom-----x6
Chilling pumpkin Chunker-----x6
Eerie Haunted Doll-----x6
Spooky Black Cat Shield-----x4

Spectral Witch's Broom-----x1
Ghostly pumpkin Chunker-----x2
Spectral Haunted Doll-----x5
Haunted Black Cat Shield-----x1

Level 45's
Fiendish Witch's Broom-----x3
Gruesome pumpkin Chunker-----x4
Fiendish Haunted Doll-----x1
Ghoulish Black Cat Shield-----x5

Spooky Black Cat Shield-----x1

Spectral Witch's Broom-----x1

Level 35's
Chilling pumpkin Chunker-----x1

Level 20's
Eerie Witch's Broom-----x1
Chilling pumpkin Chunker-----x1
Eerie Haunted Doll-----x1
Spooky Black Cat Shield-----x1

Easter Vanities 2010

Bone Rabbit Ears-----x4
Icy Rabbit Ears----x4
Flame Rabbit Ears----x4

JaytB
10-18-2011, 03:13 AM
Aww man, we spoke ingame already, but sad to see you go :(

Hope that you'd reconsider sometime in the future. If not, it's been nice knowing you. If you ever decide to come back, and I'm sure I speak for everyone in COT, we'd welcome you back with open arms.

Not good in saying goodbye's, so I'm going to leave it at that :(

小孩子
10-18-2011, 03:21 AM
CMON DONT DDROP OUT! I've lost over 50m on Halloween items ALONE! not including winters etc, I'm still playing, you spent thousands of plat getting to 61 and buying the crown etc etc don't waste your money, even if you just play for fun not so serious don't quit...

If Newton cried and ran home after an apple fell on his head, we'll still be wondering why the hell humans stick to the ground!

GIT UP FOO!! YOO AIN HURT!

Kakatoa91
10-18-2011, 03:37 AM
Well I lost some too... but no way near the amounts up there.
I can understand how u feel. Work hard for all of this :(

I really thought it would b different this halloween. But not so much.
I probably used my last plats buying lvl packs in PL.

Guess an other reason to stick more to SL atm. :D

Have fun darkie whatever you do next!

Gluttony
10-18-2011, 03:48 AM
GIT UP FOO!! YOO AIN HURT!

Fact is it does hurt. STS has been removing niche after niche from the game and some of these are what brought players joy and to others it's their identity. From the adding once "thought to be" exclusive content back into the fray, to the complete destruction of kill farming, along with the disbanding of the level 1 organization; STS is just alienating players and much like clinging onto these things like a floating buoy in a vast ocean, it keeps us safe, it keeps us from drowning. It's this exact reason I play PL like a character out of a De Niro flick, "never have anything in your life that you can't walk out on in thirty seconds flat." No collecting, no new fad play style, anything can be taken away at a moment's notice, and I'm going to spot the heat coming when it's down the block rather than on my doorstep.

I know that Necro was on the verge of walking away but due to the obvious change to his prized possession he is going to hang around for a while; did you see the tracks he laid during his victory lap (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40043-The-pumpkin-king&p=451734#post451682) after the launch of Halloween? It all about how the game is played that makes one happy. If you are not into the constant xp grinding then you need to find something else that brings you solace, and once you go all-in it is painful to find out STS bested you showing nothing but a pair. Plenty of players voiced their opinion about how deep their disappointment runs with the launch of this year's events, but no last minute poll or amount of backtracking will be able to fix this one! The content is released and the chances of the company holding back their trump card are slim. It is what it is and if you do not like the party this year, well you can always join the circus.

小孩子
10-18-2011, 03:53 AM
Fact is it does hurt. STS has been removing niche after niche from the game and some of these are what brought players joy and to others it's their identity. From the adding once "thought to be" exclusive content back into the fray, to the complete destruction of kill farming, along with the disbanding of the level 1 organization; STS is just alienating players and much like clinging onto these things like a floating buoy in a vast ocean, it keeps us safe, it keeps us from drowning. It's this exact reason I play PL like a character out of a De Niro flick, "never have anything in your life that you can't walk out on in thirty seconds flat." No collecting, no new fad play style, anything can be taken away at a moment's notice, and I'm going to spot the heat coming when it's down the block rather than on my doorstep.

I know that Necro was on the verge of walking away but due to the obvious change to his prized possession he is going to hang around for a while; did you see the tracks he laid during his victory lap (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40043-The-pumpkin-king&p=451734#post451682) after the launch of Halloween? It all about how the game is played that makes one happy. If you are not into the constant xp grinding then you need to find something else that brings you solace, and once you go all-in it is painful to find out STS bested you showing nothing but a but a pair. Plenty of players voiced their opinion about how deep their disappointment runs with the launch of this year's events, but no last minute poll or amount of backtracking will be able to fix this one! The content is released and the chances of the company holding back their trump card are slim. It is what it is and if you do not like the party this year, well you can always join the circus.

Where do I sign up for the circus...

Gaddy
10-18-2011, 04:42 AM
Uh.... I don't get it. How did STS studios hurt you again? What, exactly did they take away from you? Get some perspective, man. Most people at the level cap end up losing (fake game) money when new sets and content come out.

Obviously, no one likes to face a setback, but if, indeed hoarding great numbers if rare items (basically taking them out of the game for others who might want to use them at some future point) is the " one thing you love " about this game, then perhaps (and I truly mean no offence by saying this) perhaps you SHOULD step away from this silly little game.

If anything, this should seem like a dream come true for you, as now you can amp up your collections 10 or 20 fold! And if it's just that you like to hoard things, well......

I apologize in advance if this makes no sense to you.

I wish you the best in all of your endeavors.

Your pal,
Gim

小孩子
10-18-2011, 05:16 AM
Uh.... I don't get it. How did STS studios hurt you again? What, exactly did they take away from you? Get some perspective, man. Most people at the level cap end up losing (fake game) money when new sets and content come out.

Obviously, no one likes to face a setback, but if, indeed hoarding great numbers if rare items (basically taking them out of the game for others who might want to use them at some future point) is the " one thing you love " about this game, then perhaps (and I truly mean no offence by saying this) perhaps you SHOULD step away from this silly little game.

If anything, this should seem like a dream come true for you, as now you can amp up your collections 10 or 20 fold! And if it's just that you like to hoard things, well......

I apologize in advance if this makes no sense to you.

I wish you the best in all of your endeavors.

Your pal,
Gim

Actually... Most collectors hoard low lvl halloweens cos last year, not many people knew about scaling therefore making them rare and desirable... Now... They're just junk..

Trollee
10-18-2011, 05:22 AM

This makes a little sense. However I think if I was in darkfussion's place I would feel the same way. It's not much about how many items he has and now many others can get them, it's about the money he spent on them on the way and how much they now have decreased in value.

Sorry to hear another player is leaving the game, goodbye and goodluck.

furryfighter
10-18-2011, 05:38 AM
U can still sell Christmas they might not be the same

Whirlzap
10-18-2011, 05:48 AM
I think you should keep all your items.
Never sell them.
A good merchant always dies with his stock, like a captain with his boat.

Don't let this get you down! If you have twinks, you can atleast make a few million the first day of the event.
I made a few hundred thousand last night from twinking, but it's impossible now because the market is now flooded.

Just remember, don't expect STS to not do this. If they go as far as releasing a 500 Plat helm, then they probably would do this.

WoundedEagle
10-18-2011, 05:52 AM
Sorry to see you go :( but to everyone out there with Christmas Exclusives.... Sell them quick...

Fyrce
10-18-2011, 06:12 AM
Every story needs events that happen before, so that we can create events that happen after. Bringing back old items disrupts that timeline and sense of history.

I feel you dark and I really enjoyed your HolidayKeeper. I really hope they CAN fix this. It actually just makes me feel sad, like the world of Alterra isn't what I thought it was -- like it's flat when I thought it was round.

Very sad.

Fyrce
10-18-2011, 06:13 AM
Every story needs events that happen before, so that we can create events that happen after. Bringing back old items disrupts that timeline and sense of history.

I feel you dark and I really enjoyed your HolidayKeeper. I really hope they CAN fix this. It actually just makes me feel sad, like the world of Alterra isn't what I thought it was -- like it's flat when I thought it was round.

Very sad.

Paar
10-18-2011, 07:16 AM
Its Sad to see such a good player go, 1 of the first to 61, Best Halloween Collection Iv'e Seen before update -.- Theres alot of good things bout ya buddy

Now Im sad Good Luck In Real Life..

Patricks
10-18-2011, 07:28 AM
I can understand why u might have owned 1 of each holiday item, but why in the world did you own so many of the same item? Doesn't even make sense. Making the items more rare and difficult to obtain for other people? Trying to corner a market? Why? Lol.

Roc
10-18-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm regretful that I never got to know you :grief: but wherever you go I hope you make the decisions that makes you happiest :cupcake:

Conradin
10-18-2011, 08:06 AM
You still have millions in those items1 just You won't be quite as rich. Please stay darkfader!! Its been good playin with ya.

Gluttony
10-18-2011, 08:28 AM
You still have millions in those items1 just You won't be quite as rich. Please stay darkfader!! Its been good playin with ya.

Oops, wrong person Conradin. We are talking about darkfussion (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?36998-darkfussion), aka Holidaykeeper who has the achievement of collecting over 550 "exclusive discontinued items" not Darkfader (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?9795-Darkfader), recently inducted into GoA.

krazii
10-18-2011, 09:23 AM
I give him a week, he'll be back like every other "I quit" person frustrated with one aspect of the game.

Zeus
10-30-2011, 01:54 PM
I give him a week, he'll be back like every other "I quit" person frustrated with one aspect of the game.

He's not back after a week. :O

WhoIsThis
10-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Farewell and good luck in life.