PDA

View Full Version : Bird vs Bowbear.

Obliteration
07-03-2010, 01:59 AM
Okay so I'm sure some of you would like to know which one is better? They are almost a wash... I've gotten an archer to 35 and now a bowbear and am liking the bowbear more. I'll give you a list of pros and cons that I can think of. Add more below.

Bird Pros: Long distant attacks. Burst shot, Meditation, Better rooting abilities.
Cons: Long cooldowns. Low survivability.

Bowbear Pros: Survivability, Higher Dps "buffed", quick cooldowns for constant blasting.
Cons: 3-4m power attacks. No Aoe "besides stomp"

iAmbigeous
07-03-2010, 04:35 AM
played with you today with Ambigeous.
good point, I still believe bird is still better due to meditation, unless your going to use armor/helm with m/s. thats only my opinion.

Elffy
07-03-2010, 05:17 PM
I hate to admit it but as of right now hybrids are better

Obliteration
07-03-2010, 06:03 PM
I hate to admit it but as of right now hybrids are better

Maybe but also birds can actually attack from a range, so can Bears but no special abilities.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-04-2010, 01:31 AM
The only reason I vote for bowbear is because of the stomp skill. That's an AoE! If it wasn't for that, Id go for archer.

Theremin
07-04-2010, 07:04 AM
I am really enjoying my bow bear. He's so durable. I really like that after playing a "squishy" enchantress.

The one thing I dislike about the bowbear is that while his "castable" spells are inexpensive and have short cooldowns, the mana regen at lower levels is atrocious. I'm glad I'm now beyond the point of making that decision to spend the extra 16 points in INT to get ONE mana regen per second. I think I've spent a small fortune on mana pots for him, but I suppose it's worth it to be able to stomp, and have the heal, evasion, armor and crit buff available, among other melee-range attacks, in a pinch. I am operating on the assumption that the mana regen situation will improve with the advent of Thoth gear, but that's my only issue with this spec of hybrid. Beyond that, I really like my bow bear, and can't wait to experiment with a bear mage. :cool:

iAmbigeous
07-06-2010, 04:14 AM
actually I've changed my thoughts on this.
Bowbears are amazing. Atm, I've created one and I'm level 30 and loving it. My max hit while using "Rage" is currently 200 and thats with a level 29 pink "Snipers Battle Crossbow", I can't wait to be using the AO2 Crossbows/Bows with even higher DPS. There is a problem with mana, although once you hit Thoth & Isis you'll never need pots again. Bowbears are godly period.

v5point0
07-06-2010, 07:01 AM
Bowbears are amazing, I have one and I also have a regular archer. In PvE when you are pawned by mobs, the bowbear has better survival compared with the archer. But I have come to appreciate the burst damage of the bowbear in PvP. No other class can crit that high that fast. Bowbears go through mana issues but Archers don't if they have meditation and a big plus is that they don't need to get close to inflict damage. I have taken down bowbears with my archer, taking down a well equipped Archer or a tank is a bit more difficult and tricky then a well equipped bow bear.

When pure boost has been implemented, things are going to be sweeter for pure builds.

KingFu
07-06-2010, 11:12 AM
I am really enjoying my bow bear. He's so durable. I really like that after playing a "squishy" enchantress.

That's what she said! ;)

I personally don't like bow bears. I tried leveling a bowbear to about level 20 and I didn't really like it, I think they are overrated, especially after during the swamps when almost every bear was a bowbear and then after AO1 bears went to int or pure. Bowbears, I can' lie, are impressive in PvP but I don't like playing them since dex and int is supposed to be ranged and the skills a bear are close ranged except for a few. So basically you have to run in to use slash, which defeats the purpose of a bowbear.

Kacktress
07-08-2010, 02:09 PM
What is a bowbear and how do you get it?

pvpmaster
07-09-2010, 10:47 PM
eh my vote is going to go for bird i pwn bow bears very easy because we birds can use our specs which pwns the bear b4 the bear even gets to us and they cant do their specs from a ranged distance and ik some of u bow bear fans r gonna go ur dumb dude we hve beckon for tht, well guys even if u use beckon and we r stuned we can use repulsive shot to keep u away so birds r jus a bit better in my veiw and i take bow bears down alot also the stat skill drivin conversation has happened so the update for tht will come and birds r gonna surpase bow bears

Cascade
07-09-2010, 10:56 PM
What is a bowbear and how do you get it?
A bow bear is simply a warrior where you put all the points (Or most) into dexterity so he can use archer weapons and gear.

v5point0
07-10-2010, 04:37 AM
eh my vote is going to go for bird i pwn bow bears very easy because we birds can use our specs which pwns the bear b4 the bear even gets to us and they cant do their specs from a ranged distance and ik some of u bow bear fans r gonna go ur dumb dude we hve beckon for tht, well guys even if u use beckon and we r stuned we can use repulsive shot to keep u away so birds r jus a bit better in my veiw and i take bow bears down alot also the stat skill drivin conversation has happened so the update for tht will come and birds r gonna surpase bow bears

KaaKaw! KaaKaw! I kill you before you kill me