PDA

View Full Version : i wish I had saved my plat

wvhills
10-18-2011, 07:21 AM
If I had known you wouldn't be able to host a halloween game and you'd have to rely on joining someone who has a quest I never would have rented a costume. I realize it's only 10 plat but it's just another one of those mind numbing decisions STS has made recently. I'm keeping a list for those who care:

1) GCD- in chat Cinco said the reasoning for global cooldown was to encourage more strategic gameplay, that he didn't want to create a game that was just "button mashing".
2) selling elixirs for plat- which just enourages button mashing and non strategic gameplay.
3) reusing the sewer boss sayings and AO3 equips/names for Nuri's.
4) wanting to release mount fang a month after Nuri's.
5) selling antennas as a deal of the day.
6) disabling kill farming.

I just needed to vent although as the weeks go by I find myself caring and playing less. I feel more like a "revenue source" than a player. I'd like to sit in on a day at STS. I bet they talk more about how to "generate revenue" than how to prepare a quality game.

Fyrce
10-18-2011, 01:53 PM
LOL, Rob. Good list.

I would add that the complaint with Mt. Fang wasn't Mt. Fang but the level increase.

I agree that limited items should stay limited. I mean when someone says, "Back when we had ....", not everyone should be able to get that .... and then say, "Yep, I get it, because see, I've got it too and it's ...." Generally in the story of life, things are discontinued/go out of style, might be brought back but due to it being real and to the advancement of time and innovation, it's not the same exact indistinguishable item. I happen to like stories with a progression and its disturbing when actually, there's NO progression. (Ooops, my 0.02¢ :p )

I would also add the dual/twink nerf -- much of the lower level equipment and lower level rings still have stats that do not reflect that we can no longer use stat equips to boost our ability to equip items, i.e. still basically everything below level 45. In addition, some of the specialty items above level 45 still have stat requirements that are too high. OTOH, it looks like they might be moving toward fewer/no stat requirements and just level requirements...

P.S. I think the join thing is the same as last year, though I believe you could host. What I did last year was generally just use Shifty until Shifty created a new game and everyone would join me, i.e. have your group waiting to join. The minute you see that you've joined an "old" game, you get out and I would try again. At some point, Shifty would create a new game and your group would join. After a bit, for some reason, I got good at it -- getting a new game created :p Maybe I'll show you, though I was/am rather unhappy with the re-hash. I'm not sure I want to re-read this story...

wvhills
10-18-2011, 02:10 PM
thanks fyrcie! I forgot about the dual spec fiasco. What I meant about the mount fang release was they were wanting to sell elixirs to the people who wanted to get to level 61 to get the shield then sell elixirs to people as they leveled up to 66, so my main issue was the level increase.

I understand what you mean about story progression. Several people have items that were available before I started playing. I didn't want PL to bring these items back but I did expect them to make new and cool items now, to move the story forward. That way people would know where I came in the story at (i.e. I wasn't here for the first halloween or winter maps but I made it for big luck!). I guess it's just easier to keep using the same old stuff and set back and collect your plats. Making new items would require thought and creativity. This reusing the same stuff just makes me think the focus is on selling plat rather than making a quality game/story that results in making a profit.

BTW, where have you been!?

Cascade
10-18-2011, 02:13 PM
I'd like to sit in on a day at STS. I bet they talk more about how to "generate revenue" than how to prepare a quality game.

Well the whole point of PL is to make money thats why they made it.

wvhills
10-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Well the whole point of PL is to make money thats why they made it.

I think the purpose should be to make a quality game which will lead to them making money. I have no problems with the devs making money, I hope they do and are really successful. What I'm talking about is I would hope they spend time discussion what new maps should look like, new item designs, new boss strategy looks and sayings. If they do that it they game will be fun and interesting to play, word will get out as people tell their friends and the devs will make money. As it is I think they spend more time talking about plat selling strategies.

Cahaun
10-18-2011, 02:31 PM
#2 still makes me cry :(

mugen
10-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Really it's only 5 plat for a human costume and u can stash it to your other toons to do the quests on them too.
Tapjoy offers my friend ! :)

Xazic
10-18-2011, 03:49 PM
1) GCD is really good, as it REALLY DOES encourage a "more strategic" gameplay. Good-bye you nub (not flaming) multi-touch players.

2) STS has to make a living off of something, doesn't it? Otherwise good-bye PL.

3) This was a little dumb, but there ARE totally new pinks, with cool looks (glyph & demonic), which do not resemble any before released items.

4) Sewers were here only so long because SL production & release drained the developers' time quite a bit. Otherwise the content is supposed to he updated a bit more frequently than the sewers. Not saying i completely disagree with you on this, as one month is no enough time to enjoy the effin expensive demonic set.

5) Not everyone were here when the competitions were held, and the majority of players in PL are the new ones, so they
have to make them happy and not think about the 20% of players who have been around a lil longer.

6) As it was said the kills are supposed to be "realistic" for ones own lvl and not just show how many hours someone can farm kills. Get to 61 and you will get kills even though you won't gain experience.

Fyrce
10-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Everyone wants a Picasso, but you still enjoy it even though you weren't born to ask the artist for a painting or cannot actually purchase an ungodly expensive old painting (PL: CS or trade). You enjoy visiting a museum (PL: checking out items in forums and trade and CS) or seeing someone else wearing/using it, a la vintage clothing and cars and old buildings.

P.S. Sorry, just have less time than before when I could play like 8+ hours/day :p Also, SL takes some time. I'm actually a tiny bit more attached to Scifi (and even more fond of Horror :) ) and I enjoy playing it, plus there's lots of 'new' stuff there I haven't learned quite yet, such as Auction and combos. Though I'm trying not to fly through SL content, since at the moment, it's like pre-swamp or swamp PL. I'll see if I remember to change my sig so it includes my usual characters, rather than my level 1s (poor level 1s).

Zeus
10-18-2011, 06:45 PM
The fact was even though it was 5 plat for the campaign, it appears for 5 platinum, they are ready to sell the loyalty of the their long time players. The campaign was widely thought to be discontinued and Sam even fortified that statement when he stated how the campaign would be different. What did we get? A revamped Haunted Helm and 2011 Witches Hat with the exact same campaign, drops, and even quests from last year.