PDA

View Full Version : Boosting pures.....

KingFu
07-03-2010, 03:27 AM
It has come to my attention that pures are gonna be favored over hybrids (stats wise). I think it takes away from out player customizing ability. I have a pure dex birdy and a paladin, I personally don't like INT mages because they die too easily, mages in general die enough. In my eyes, it is kind of encouraging us to stop making our players hybrids, which like I said, takes away from our player customization. Plus it will encourage people to dump all their attribute points in INT for mage, DEX for birdy, and STR for bear. Is the boost gonna even be that good? I wanna know who is switching to pure. Also are you guys excited for this? I'm not at all!

bmc85uk
07-03-2010, 03:45 AM
I think its a case of wait and see, too much emphasis on the primary stat may make pures skills too strong (they're already too strong in pvp with all the 1 hit kills).

But they have to boost pures in some way as at the moment there's just no reason to play one.

KingFu
07-03-2010, 03:53 AM
Yeah, but I just feel once this update happens, most people will be an archer with mega high DPS and mid armor and mana, due to all attributes in dex, bears with mega high health, low mana, and mid DPS, and mages with lower dps, high mana, and low armor. I just don't think it's a bright, original future.

bmc85uk
07-03-2010, 04:16 AM
I don't really get what you're trying to say, pures at the moment are weak, the update is intended to make them equally strong but just focussed in different areas.

ed anger
07-03-2010, 07:42 AM
he's afraid they will overly compensate, as devs often do when people complain. i am one of the people who said that attributes should affect skills more, but i also still want hybrids to be viable. so... we'll see.

TrogZ
07-03-2010, 08:17 AM
It has come to my attention that pures are gonna be favored over hybrids (stats wise). I think it takes away from out player customizing ability. I have a pure dex birdy and a paladin, I personally don't like INT mages because they die too easily, mages in general die enough. In my eyes, it is kind of encouraging us to stop making our players hybrids, which like I said, takes away from our player customization. Plus it will encourage people to dump all their attribute points in INT for mage, DEX for birdy, and STR for bear. Is the boost gonna even be that good? I wanna know who is switching to pure. Also are you guys excited for this? I'm not at all!

Lets wait and see before jumping to random inaccurate conclusions.

Royce
07-03-2010, 08:18 AM
I don't really get what you're trying to say, pures at the moment are weak, the update is intended to make them equally strong but just focussed in different areas.

Exactly currently a paladin is better in every way than an Int mage, and that's just dumb. A regular Int mage should be a better spellcaster. I don't think they are going to destroy hybrids. It is baffling to me that people are already anticipating how something is going to ruin hybrids (which STS has always said they are in favor of) when we know little of how it will work. I am hoping this will bring some balance, particularly to PvP which is more unbalanced than ever at this point.

KingFu
07-03-2010, 11:12 AM
I am hoping this will bring some balance, particularly to PvP which is more unbalanced than ever at this point.

Other than the first time PvP was out, when warriors destroyed archers and mages, archers destroyed mages, and mages would die....

Lets wait and see before jumping to random inaccurate conclusions.

I am not saying that this will 100% happen, but it is more than likely that, that will be the outcome. There isn't much of a way to make pures stronger and not have everyone go to pure. Like when Thoth gear was discovered, everyone was suddenly a paladin, because it was high M/S which made them stronger from regular mages. Almost everyone wants to do whatever to be the strongest, which is understandable, but people are switching over like crazy now! During AO1 most birds went to Int, during Ancient Swamps, most bears went to Dex for bayou. Now, most bears are either Int or Str, most mages are Str, and birds, are mainly Dex, some are still Int.

people are already anticipating how something is going to ruin hybrids (which STS has always said they are in favor of)

See, that phrase right there signals to me that hybrids are gonna fade. Some people, like Violentsaint, will stay hybrids until the end (so he says), as for me, I want to stay paladin but I admit, if the update makes Int mages completely better, I am afraid I might, I kinda doubt it, but I might. Mainly depends on the gear. I for one don't like the Int gear that is in AO2, I like the Str gear and most Dex gear, but Int, I don't know, I just don't nearly like anything about it against Str gear.

King Richie
07-03-2010, 11:15 AM
the conversion is for balance its not going to have a huge effect the devs are not stupid like ! they want balance aswell So there obviously not goinng to make it so pures are now super powered ... WAAIT ANNND SEE !! =) !

KingFu
07-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Lol, I know, I just don't think how the out come won't overthrow hybrids. I will have to wait I guess, or, wait until a dev answers. *wink*

bmc85uk
07-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Other than the first time PvP was out, when warriors destroyed archers and mages, archers destroyed mages, and mages would die....

Afaik right now, whoever lands the first volley of skills, wins, not skilled, not fun.

I am not saying that this will 100% happen, but it is more than likely that, that will be the outcome. There isn't much of a way to make pures stronger and not have everyone go to pure.

How is that more than likely? You are completely guessing. As for everyone going pure, well if they'd take a second to consider that this mode of balance that every role playing game in existence ever uses is an absolute necessity, maybe they'd realise it's only aimed to level the playing field, even if it does miss the Mark at first attempt (and then all the glory hunters whine and respec instead of waiting)

when Thoth gear was discovered, everyone was suddenly a paladin...... Almost everyone wants to do whatever to be the strongest, which is understandable, but people are switching over like crazy now!

Personally, I play a build because I like the way it works, I got bored last night and respecced my Mage to str, turns out that without full Thoth it's a waste of time because in pvp the m/s dominates, and without it, even full evade gear makes little to no difference.

You want people to stop following trends in gear? First of all, sort the goddamn gear out, I've been waiting 10 levels for a new wand, to simply miss them out of expansions when a game has pre calculated prefixes/suffixes to me just seems careless and inconsiderate to that player group. It may be a little game on an iPhone but we're still paying money for it (I've spent about £15 on plat in the last month.)

I like the Str gear and most Dex gear, but Int, I don't know, I just don't nearly like anything about it against Str gear.

Str gear is better in every way, int gear should have some kind of advantage like more m/s or +mana pool.

Gear completely dominates the game, it isn't right that it provides all of what a character needs to survive. We need a new health system to add hp/mp per level and more m/s h/s for str and int, as well as some impact to hit% from str/int so that bear/ench aren't forced to boost dex.

tryser
07-03-2010, 07:13 PM
I don't boost at all but I mix up my stats depending on my armor loadout

KingFu
07-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Afaik right now, whoever lands the first volley of skills, wins, not skilled, not fun.

It has been like that for a while. People will 1V1 and nuke the opponent, then, they're out of mana, then, an opponent of theirs comes up, then nukes them, then they're out of mana. It all cycles, build is a lot of it though, no denying that. Weak build = easy kill. Strong build = Having to nuke. I have met archers that I can easily take down without nuking, then others, like Kingrichie that the match is whoever can get the first hit. He has worked well with his build so he isn't a real easy kill compared to others.

How is that more than likely? You are completely guessing.

It's an educated guess, based on how a lot of the changes lately have been nerfed. Plus, some of my friends have already switched to pure, even hybrids will put 142 in their base and the rest in their pure category. It hasn't even been completely announced how they are gonna do it and such, and people are already starting to switch.

You want people to stop following trends in gear? First of all, sort the goddamn gear out, I've been waiting 10 levels for a new wand, to simply miss them out of expansions when a game has pre calculated prefixes/suffixes to me just seems careless and inconsiderate to that player group. It may be a little game on an iPhone but we're still paying money for it (I've spent about £15 on plat in the last month.)

I am not saying to stop following the "trends" but I am saying that the gear is made almost like they spent more time on a certain classes gear. Like, how when Bayou came out, most people that I saw went to dex, when Thoth came out, most went to Str again, that I saw, I am not saying everyone did (since you are semi twisting my words) :)

Str gear is better in every way, int gear should have some kind of advantage like more m/s or +mana pool.

Ever heard of Thoth? Comes in Intelligence weapons too!

Pvp King
07-03-2010, 08:29 PM
I did not want to give up my int bear but I went to tank. I loved my int bear so much!

Inching
07-04-2010, 12:13 AM
It should be based on the same class vs the same class is how I would compare it. Don't compare diff classes as it doesn't makes sense. Two mages with one pure vs a paladin, the pure should in some way have a higher damage spell cast then the paladin or else it will not be equal and no one will go pure Mage which defeats the purpose of a Mage in the first place is my opinion. I welcome the new update.

Rebel
07-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Yeah, but I just feel once this update happens, most people will be an archer with mega high DPS and mid armor and mana, due to all attributes in dex, bears with mega high health, low mana, and mid DPS, and mages with lower dps, high mana, and low armor. I just don't think it's a bright, original future.

This is how it should work. The only difference I see is that mages have ultra high dps (which they do). Balancing should work like this: the higher the dps, the lower the armor/health. The higher the health/armor, the lower the dps.

bmc85uk
07-04-2010, 03:05 AM
Ever heard of Thoth? Comes in Intelligence weapons too!

Still doesn't change the fact that str Thoth is better because the stats are identical yet it has higher armour.

Azrael
07-04-2010, 12:06 PM

Its not a stat boost. "Stat-based skill revamp" simply means ceratin skills will be boosted by certain stats. Int will boost the power of damage spells for instance or str will boost iron blood and dex will boost evasion (I assume). It makes perfect sense really.

KingFu
07-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Still doesn't change the fact that str Thoth is better because the stats are identical yet it has higher armour.

It has higher armor since it's a warrior weapon..... :P

This is how it should work. The only difference I see is that mages have ultra high dps (which they do). Balancing should work like this: the higher the dps, the lower the armor/health. The higher the health/armor, the lower the dps.

Agreed, it did work like this until people discovered hybrids and built their builds to have both high dps and armor. By now it doesn't work like that, my paladin has 101 DPS and 115 armor, my archer has 114 DPS and 86 armor, both lvl 45 and someone my archer (built for DPS) has only 13 more DPS than my paladin....

Theremin
07-05-2010, 05:21 AM
I have four enchantresses of varying specs, and gear sets. I have mentioned to my brother who also plays PL that at about level 25-29ish, I will have over half of my dps as a spell casting mage. It seems to me like this is just a matter of stats and abilities scaling poorly per class, especially since they have raised the level cap several times since the initial release of the game.

I would hope that the Devs will err on the side of caution and come up with some sort of fair compromise as far as adjusting this issue. I really love being a pure caster enchantress even though I have low survivability, but I would also like to have the option of exploring the plausibility of hybrid specs while making the best of both worlds (meaning the combination of gear and talents), if that makes sense.

bmc85uk
07-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Its not a stat boost. "Stat-based skill revamp" simply means ceratin skills will be boosted by certain stats. Int will boost the power of damage spells for instance or str will boost iron blood and dex will boost evasion (I assume). It makes perfect sense really.

I hope it does turn out like this, evasion would realistically be a dex(agi) skill, but I get the impression from what the devs say that a characters 'pure' stat will boost all of their skills, meaning a warrior would get evasion boosted from str (bah!).

The closer we get to 100, the more skill trees make sense.

It has higher armor since it's a warrior weapon..... :P

So surely int based gear should have higher +INT, M/s or mana pool?