PDA

View Full Version : Why The Pocket Legends App is Asking For Access to your Contacts

Samhayne
10-18-2011, 01:56 PM
With the 1.7.4 Pocket Legends client, released on October 17, 2011, we have improved the game Refer-a-Friend functionality to allow you to browse your contacts to conveniently send friend requests. Previously, you would have to type in your friends e-mail address or connect via Facebook and send invites to your Facebook contacts.

Given the privacy concerns over this issue, we are in the process of removing this new functionality so that the App does not access your device's contact information.

oxdream81
10-18-2011, 02:20 PM
ha... thx :) sam

Swimmingstar
10-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Cool. Don't want people seeing your info.

bronislav84
10-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Aww but I like it now that I know what it's used for. Easier than typing it in each time.

Sam would you mind telling us what the "Control Vibrator" permission is used for too please? Will there be vibrate alerts in the game or something?

Samhayne
10-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Aww but I like it now that I know what it's used for. Easier than typing it in each time.

Sam would you mind telling us what the "Control Vibrator" permission is used for too please? Will there be vibrate alerts in the game or something?

I believe the Android Push Notifications would vibrate the phone when they go out as part of their notification.

SUPAPRODIGY
10-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Nice update :)

Diaxos
10-18-2011, 04:24 PM
What if you could make it so that you could have your contacts in your game but. . . ehh. . . sounds complicated now that it's processing through my head. I was thinking of a way to be able to keep it like this but then having it not be invading privacy. Am I making sense?

Maybe that would work? Developers know more than I. I may be good with comps but not quite that good. . . yet :)

Lady_Pebbles
10-18-2011, 04:27 PM

I believe the Android Push Notifications would vibrate the phone when they go out as part of their notification.

Negative sir. I've never had a push notification when I've done that.

Ixillicus
10-18-2011, 04:30 PM
I didn't see anything about it accessing contacts on my iPhone. Does it apply to iOS? I agree, removing it is good, though...

Diaxos
10-18-2011, 04:36 PM
I didn't see anything about it accessing contacts on my iPhone. Does it apply to iOS? I agree, removing it is good, though...

I have Android and it didn't say it on mine, or my brothers Ipod when we updated, so maybe it's only on specific phones?

bronislav84
10-18-2011, 10:07 PM

Negative sir. I've never had a push notification when I've done that.Same here. Phone has never vibrated on ingame notifications.