PDA

View Full Version : Silver jetpack nerfed

HRPUFFNSTUFF
10-19-2011, 01:28 AM
I purchased the Silver Jetpack for 50 plat for the 20% speed increase. At the time of purchased it did not state that the speed increase would be removed after the jetpack event concluded. The other jetpacks stated that the speed increase was only for the event period. I believe im speaking for everyone who bought the silver jetpack for the speed increase in asking to have it reinstated to the Silver jetpack cause thats the reason we purchased it for in the first place

abbasjammmy
10-19-2011, 02:02 AM
I agree

Bakoffmycandy
10-19-2011, 02:05 AM
I am on mobile so no link but Samhayne posted a thread in SL Announcements that clearly stated the run speed boost and the ability to give out Silver Antennae was only for the duration of the event.

BodMaster
10-19-2011, 02:06 AM
Same happened to alot of us.. we have suggested/pleaded that some speed if not all could be kept. It seems this effort was futile as players.who had purchased this would be able to run ahead of others while doing runs hence getting the kills or just creating an unfair atmosphere.

The way that it was worded seemed that we would keep this tho we had taken this the wrong way.. and asked devs if the same GDCO could be added to the Plat item to not confuse others interested in this.

With all said above, doubt this will be reinstated :(

Kakatoa91
10-19-2011, 02:06 AM
You are not speaking for everyone :D

Other who have experiences knew it was too good to be true, they probably forgot to write the limit day of use.
But hey we bought it anyway.:)

20% speed is just an insane advantage in pve and later on for pvp.

I think Sam or Flip talk in suggestion thread about they might do something, not sure what.:confused:

Carth
10-19-2011, 02:40 AM
I think us players, who purchased the Silver Jet Pack, should just be happy that we have something that is exclusive. Hopefully, we won't see this item on Deal of the Day.

STS doesn't owe us anything.

Ellyidol
10-19-2011, 03:48 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39399-Droid-Chrome-Event-in-Star-Legends-This-Week-Only-Get-a-Jetpack!&highlight=jetpack

The black and silver jetpack reward grants a speed boost only during the week of the event.
(http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39399-Droid-Chrome-Event-in-Star-Legends-This-Week-Only-Get-a-Jetpack!&highlight=jetpack)

Zaltiar
10-19-2011, 04:07 AM
What, I thought everyone knew this already.
Guys, it was even in the item description. If I recall, it stated something like "grants 20% boost during CGD(<-whatever the event was called) event"
And I believe devs stated that in the forums somewhere as well. 'nuff said, should have read carefully ;)

BodMaster
10-19-2011, 04:51 AM
What, I thought everyone knew this already.
Guys, it was even in the item description. If I recall, it stated something like "grants 20% boost during CGD(<-whatever the event was called) event"
And I believe devs stated that in the forums somewhere as well. 'nuff said, should have read carefully ;)

A few of us checked this and it wasnt stated at first, was then later added when IB mentioned it I believe.

Oh well I'm just glad we had the chance to grab one.. think they look awesome :) (Prefer more than Chrome :p)

Acyer
10-19-2011, 06:29 AM
Lolz if only they used the search button.

Acezero
10-19-2011, 06:34 AM
I think it's because it ruins the speed booster elixir. Pretty greedy if you ask me.

BurnYugo
10-19-2011, 04:31 PM
I am on mobile so no link but Samhayne posted a thread in SL Announcements that clearly stated the run speed boost and the ability to give out Silver Antennae was only for the duration of the event.

FALSE!
They scammed us!
They change their annoucements 3 hours after 90% bought the silver jet packs!
They scammed us!!!

BestHyun
10-19-2011, 05:02 PM
I knew about it, so I didn't purchase the plat jetpack. It was sort of common sense...hence, they did their job.

Kahlua
10-19-2011, 05:04 PM
I knew about it, so I didn't purchase the plat jetpack. It was sort of common sense...hence, they did their job.
Not everyone was as fortunate as you though. I bought mine before they even had a thread here about the update, and was the first one to point out the jet packs to the forum...and was unfortunately the first one to notice that even after they posted about the 1 week thing...the description of the pack in the store still made no mention of it.

But whatever, I like my silver pack and I'm glad I bought it! :D

BodMaster
10-19-2011, 05:22 PM
FALSE!
They scammed us!
They change their annoucements 3 hours after 90% bought the silver jet packs!
They scammed us!!!

We misunderstood their initial message was a little misleading however we were notified pretty much instantly (5-30mins) after to say they scammed us is a little harsh.. they are just people like me and you and do make mistakes now and then.. its inevitable. STS and the players that feel hard done by this would both have at least got alot from this and as they say we learn from our mistakes and hesitant to do it again. ;)

Rodvik
10-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Look on the bright side folks at least the new description says: "Sweet Jetpack to make your friends jealous."

HRPUFFNSTUFF
10-25-2011, 09:27 AM
I am speaking for everyone when I say "we bought it only for the speed increase"
You on the otherhand and others may like the look well whatever tickles your fancy I say, the speed bonus is what tickled mine and that was the reason of purchase. False advertising is not right, simple as that. And a mistake on advertising for or against the seller should stand until it's been rectified. The customer is always right, even when there wrong. First principle in any consumer related business. And we are right in saying that the error that was made would of influenced the decision by players purchasing this item in the first place.

REINSTATE THE SPEED TO THE JETPACK AND FUFILL THE ORIGINAL AGREEMENT OF THE STATS ON THE ITEM TO THOSE WHO PURCHASED IT UNDER THE ORIGINAL ITEM DESCRIPTION.

Deathpunch
10-25-2011, 09:59 AM
I am speaking for everyone when I say "we bought it only for the speed increase"
You on the otherhand and others may like the look well whatever tickles your fancy I say, the speed bonus is what tickled mine and that was the reason of purchase. False advertising is not right, simple as that. And a mistake on advertising for or against the seller should stand until it's been rectified. The customer is always right, even when there wrong. First principle in any consumer related business. And we are right in saying that the error that was made would of influenced the decision by players purchasing this item in the first place.

REINSTATE THE SPEED TO THE JETPACK AND FUFILL THE ORIGINAL AGREEMENT OF THE STATS ON THE ITEM TO THOSE WHO PURCHASED IT UNDER THE ORIGINAL ITEM DESCRIPTION.

Seriously doubt it will happen, no matter how much you use caps lock. As for the dude yelling "SCAM!", please. If it was a real scam, STS would have never fixed the description mistake. They would have let people buy it until it wasn't on offer anymore and then rolled around in big plies of plat while laughing at you.

Nick41324
10-25-2011, 10:33 AM
I think he ment.. It should have been in the decription or more clear in game. The reason why i DIDN'T buy one is because it didn't do anything after the event, and I'm sure it will be a DOTD in a month...

BodMaster
10-25-2011, 10:47 AM
I think he ment.. It should have been in the decription or more clear in game. The reason why i DIDN'T buy one is because it didn't do anything after the event, and I'm sure it will be a DOTD in a month...

Who ever's with me on this one... Please DO NOT lol, put these as DOTD. These are meant to be exclusive item, if missed too bad should have put some effort into earning one when they were available so to speak.

krazii
10-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Who ever's with me on this one... Please DO NOT lol, put these as DOTD. These are meant to be exclusive item, if missed too bad should have put some effort into earning one when they were available so to speak.

Preach it!!! It would be very disappointing to see this as a DOTD. IMO this is akin to Halloween and Xmas events, you miss it you have to wait until the next time.

Samhayne
10-25-2011, 11:14 AM
We're sorry that you feel as you do about the Silver Jetpack. Part of the difficulty with item descriptions is the fact that they need to fit into the real estate of small devices with low resolution screens. Therefore, the initial description of the Silver Jetpack might not have been as clear as you would have otherwise liked. However, we made every effort possible to inform users that the speed boost on all of the event Jetpacks would be reduced once the event was over.

If you feel the need to discuss this issue further, please write us directly via the Support Portal at http://support.spacetimestudios.com.

Thread closed.