PDA

View Full Version : Button to lock each Individual Equipment to prevent Accidental Liquidation

CMX
10-19-2011, 01:41 AM
The current inventory system has its limitation and this will be a useful added feature. I knew some players accidentally trashed their collection when in a hurry to liquidate, like the orange Halloween Candy Bag.

Trollee
10-19-2011, 03:07 AM
+ 1

Would be very useful so to not accidentally liquidate quest/plat items for zero gold!

PatsoeGamer
10-21-2011, 06:13 AM
This has been suggested before, I like it and all for it! I'd also like to tie it in with a 'liquidate all' button. So you can lock all items you want to keep, and then click 'liquidate all items' to clean up your inv fast!

JaytB
10-21-2011, 06:48 AM
+1

As Patsoe said, this has been suggested several times, but I'm still hoping this would make it in the game :)

Ixillicus
10-21-2011, 10:47 AM
It's a good idea, but if I recall from devs comments on previous thread, that it would be difficult to store this information because they would have to have a yes/no database for every item in everyones inventory, for the whole game. This would be difficult and consume resources. Which is why they have the ability to unliquidate an item immediately after the mistake has been made.

Kaarataka
10-21-2011, 07:33 PM
It's a good idea, but if I recall from devs comments on previous thread, that it would be difficult to store this information because they would have to have a yes/no database for every item in everyones inventory, for the whole game. This would be difficult and consume resources. Which is why they have the ability to unliquidate an item immediately after the mistake has been made.

The biggest issue with the recovery button is that you normally spam sell items and do not notice you made a mistake until after you have sold dozens or even hundreds of items

Abaleuibub
11-12-2011, 09:41 AM
I like it!

+1

Xazic
11-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Nice idea! +1

I accidentally have sold some pretty valuable stuff... Sigh

Redbridge
11-12-2011, 10:06 AM
I love both ideas (protect button & liquidate all unprotected)

Not aware the devs had come back with an answer on this one. Would be nice to see where it was an see exactly what was said.

Wouldn't it just be a matter of adding an additional 'on/off' column to the existing player inventory database and linking it to a toggle button down next to the sell/equip buttons. Am sure its a little more complex than that and not sure what the limitations would be.

My programming brain....