PDA

View Full Version : unreasonable ban

stealthyman
10-19-2011, 03:22 AM
Hi guys. yes...i was banned...i have sent an email to STS. I am not worried at all because i am very sure its my younger brother messing on my account on a different phone. Im making this thread to say a (possible) goodbye if STS dont bother to do anything. If they dont find reason in my argument i will be very dissapointed in them. :frog:

NECROREAPER
10-19-2011, 03:38 AM
Good luck with your argument, I hope STS hears you out!

JaytB
10-19-2011, 03:44 AM
It's always somebody's sister/niece/nephew/friend... who supposedly does all the wrong stuff. You are the one who is responsible for your account, not your family/friend/pet. So, basically if someone abuses your account YOU are responsible and will suffer the concequences. Everybody can say it's someone else when they mess up.

In no way this was meant to flame. I'm simply expressing my opinion on the topic.

stealthyman
10-19-2011, 03:54 AM
It's always somebody's sister/niece/nephew/friend... who supposedly does all the wrong stuff. You are the one who is responsible for your account, not your family/friend/pet. So, basically if someone abuses your account YOU are responsible and will suffer the concequences. Everybody can say it's someone else when they mess up.

In no way this was meant to flame. I'm simply expressing my opinion on the topic. i know :( i just now wish i had full control of my account. Its just that my DEVICE wasnt banned it was my ACCOUNT that was banned. And i only have one phone...

JaytB
10-19-2011, 04:03 AM
i know :( i just now wish i had full control of my account. Its just that my DEVICE wasnt banned it was my ACCOUNT that was banned. And i only have one phone...

Soooo, how would your brother have your password?

stealthyman
10-19-2011, 04:04 AM
i know :( i just now wish i had full control of my account. Its just that my DEVICE wasnt banned it was my ACCOUNT that was banned. And i only have one phone...

Soooo, how would your brother have your password? hes seen me login multiple times...or hes logged in once and pressed remember password.

Or hes just guessed it lol...its not very hard...

JaytB
10-19-2011, 04:19 AM
hes seen me login multiple times...or hes logged in once and pressed remember password.

It's like with a credit card, if you see someone peeking over your shoulder while entering your pin code, it's time to get suspicious. Let's say your brother withdraws a ton of cash because he saw your pin code. Should the bank be held responsible for it, or the owner of the credit card?

stealthyman
10-19-2011, 04:24 AM
hes seen me login multiple times...or hes logged in once and pressed remember password.

It's like with a credit card, if you see someone peeking over your shoulder while entering your pin code, it's time to get suspicious. Let's say your brother withdraws a ton of cash because he saw your pin code. Should the bank be held responsible for it, or the owner of the credit card? good point i guess...but i still think im innocent...i mean i dont even know what the hell "stealthyman" did?! Oh well...ill just start playing SL. It would be nice to have an introduction on it from an experienced player :happy:

Oh yeah, about the bank thing, its the criminal that should suffer the concequences, not the victim... o_O

Zapoke
10-19-2011, 07:57 AM
SL uses the same account as PL.. :x

Drues
10-19-2011, 08:02 AM
If your going to start to play SL you can add me, I have a lot of experience, and usually when they ban an account every device that used that account usually gets banned too. Surprisingly It didn't, just be careful thats all! If you need help in SL add my ign-Drues

MrGoober
10-19-2011, 08:08 AM
How is it unreasonable?

MimeRifle
10-19-2011, 08:10 AM
I know where JayTB is coming from. Someone has to be accountable, and the person with the password is the one. Why? Because they are the only person who has the ability to ensure no one else uses that account. I'm sure the TOS says each account holder is accountable for the activity from that account. I know that's how my companies' policy works. It says "every user is accountable for activity associated with their assigned credentials", and also that the users "should not permit others to access systems using their assigned credentials.". That means it's your responsibility to make sure nobody else ever learns your password.

I noticed you said it wouldn't be hard to guess. That's what I recommend you fix. I can hardly believe people (celebrities even!) use such weak passwords...

No flames, all respect - offering some useful advice I hope! Add mimerifle and/or radaroreilly if you do play SL!! Hopefully this will be the last time you have to deal with this stuff. If you want tips on developing a good safe password formula, let me know! :D

Cahaun
10-19-2011, 11:29 AM
My pass is 9 letters/numbers long so I have nothing to fear. Just stinks how you got banned because your younger sibling got your password. You could try changing the pass if possible.

ninjaduck
10-19-2011, 11:54 AM
How is it unreasonable? because i sent them an email and ive been waiting all day! I would think they would at least reply / show some interest! :confused:

Aiza Talzin
10-19-2011, 11:57 AM
It does take time when people review these sorts of issues. Do not be surprised if you are waiting a fews days or possibly weeks. You never know what they are up too... but they have to look at the evidence at hand and that takes awhile.

asommers
10-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Closing thread.

-ALS